PDA

View Full Version : Patty Schnyder and the Australian Season

tennisIlove09
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know why Patty missed the entire Australian summer hardcourt season? Was she injured? Just not motivated?

LightsOut!
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:33 PM
She had an injury ongoing over the last 2 years (ever since her Bali victory)...
She had it operated in January and couldn't recover fast enough to come back at the Australian Open... but now she's painless for the first time ever since!!!

tennisIlove09
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Thank you so much. I had no idea.

LightsOut!
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:52 PM
No problem. I'm glad she's back!

*JR*
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM
She had an injury ongoing over the last 2 years (ever since her Bali victory)...
She had it operated in January and couldn't recover fast enough to come back at the Australian Open... but now she's painless for the first time ever since!!!
RU kidding (everyone here) or what? Obviously she'd have had surgery done soon after the last season ended in November, so if it only required a one month rehab, she'd have been ready for the Oz events. But go ahead, keep listening to whatever her Convicted Criminal husband says. :bigwave:

TheAllan
Feb 9th, 2010, 11:03 PM
RU kidding (everyone here) or what? Obviously she'd have had surgery done soon after the last season ended in November, so if it only required a one month rehab, she'd have been ready for the Oz events. But go ahead, keep listening to whatever her Convicted Criminal husband says. :bigwave:
She actually had the laser surgery done some time in December and rested in January.

*JR*
Feb 10th, 2010, 02:01 AM
She actually had the laser surgery done some time in December and rested in January.
As she skipped Bali last year, and thus was done by early November, the Peppermint Puzzle could have had it done then and still made it back for the AO (with a warm-up tournament the week B4). So why did she wait, and play a meaningless exo vs. Flipper instead? :scratch: And when you ask the Frankfurt Felon that, tell him I'm still waiting for http://the-white-mile.com to come out, so I can enjoy his lies about everything from the old days. :)