Feb 9th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Congrats Lucie :)

Mimi :hug:

Edinboro
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Lucie Lucie Lucie!!!

Aravanecaravan
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I didn't think Tamira would win this, but this is the third match in a row she got bageled to open the match. Seven of 33 points won in the first set. Only held serve twice, broken three in a row after opening a 3-1 lead in set 2. A BRie Whitehead-esque scoreline.

She needs to focus on trying to win qualifying matches at this point, as getting her brains bashed in 1R losses will do nothing for her confidence.

Was hoping the resolution of the back problem would springboard her to a better season, but at this point, she really doesn't seem to belong in the top 200. Dumping her coaches at the Sanchez Academy was a huge mistake. Yet another one. Hope she turns it around soon.

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:06 PM
seems to me paszek needs to go back to the drawing board. go play some ITF's get used to playing matches again, cus she is obviously so out of the loop of competing.

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Tamira :hug: :shrug:
Lucie :cheer:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Lucie :D

But Tamira :sad: Expected a closer scoreline!

Davodus
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I thought this might be a bit closer, after Lucie being sick and having an awful match in Fed Cup. Good scoreline for her, and impressive from 3-1 40-0 down in the 2nd.

Lulu.
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Well done Lucie. :yeah:

Sammm
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Lucie :yeah:

Some people thought Tamira had a chance here, but I didn't think so. I can;t believe how many players are slumping...it's like an epidemic.

ViennaCalling
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Another 0-6 set :help: :help: :help:

In 2005 she never got bagelled, not even by Top Ten Players. And now? :hysteric: :bigcry:
She was up *3-1 40-0 in the 2nd set as well :shrug:

Congrats Lucie :yeah:

seems to me paszek needs to go back to the drawing board. go play some ITF's get used to playing matches again, cus she is obviously so out of the loop of competing.

Yes, you are right. She has lack of match praxes and she needs to build up some confidence before she can play on the Top level again it seems :sad:

It´s depressing :mad:

hurricanejeanne
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Lucie! :bounce:

Tamira :awww::hug:

joe87
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Oh, Tamira :sad:

TheAllan
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Was hoping the resolution of the back problem would springboard her to a better season, but at this point, she really doesn't seem to belong in the top 200. Dumping her coaches at the Sanchez Academy was a huge mistake. Yet another one. Hope she turns it around soon.
I still believe she will get back inside the top 100 towards the end of the season if her back doesn't continue to give her problems. Maybe somewhere around 60-80. She did beat Vinci in Hobart after all and came very close against Dulko too. That would already have given her a good boost.

Aravanecaravan
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I still believe she will get back inside the top 100 towards the end of the season if her back doesn't continue to give her problems. Maybe somewhere around 60-80. She did beat Vinci in Hobart after all and came very close against Dulko too. That would already have given her a good boost.

She is capable of that, but at the moment, she is not playing well enough. Digging that big of a hole in every single match is just ridiculous. I know she has historically played a lot of three setters, and is a notoriously slow starter, but to go 0-6 to start three straight matches, there must be some fundamental issue with her game at the moment. It's as though she isn't focused at all at the start of matches, and I put that down to poor coaching, or, in this case, no coaching.

rickxx
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Tamira:confused:She hasn't done much since her comeback!

Ciarán
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Very worried now.

hellas719
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:06 PM
:bigcry:

ivanban
Feb 9th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Tamira :tears:

Bayo
Feb 9th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Another youngster losing the battle against injuries. Bleh.

rucolo
Feb 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Good win, Lucie!:D:yeah:

7 Aces, 1 DF.

Tamira :sad::shrug::hug:
Lucie was a tough draw.

Keep going, Lucie!

sCoTt.ChE.
Feb 10th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Lucie, another bagel! :yeah: Good luck in the next round though. :unsure:

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 10th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Congrats to Lucie, I would love to see here begin to break through in a real, LASTING way. I thought she played Venus much closer at the AO then the score indicates. She needs to add some variety to her game, though, and clean up those UEs.