PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya City: 1r Ekaterina Bychkova def. (Q) Nudnida Luangnam 6:7(4), 6:1, 7:6(3)

darkangel23
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Ekat :rolleyes:

Way too hard to win against this opponent...

But congrats :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Katya PHEW
choked serving for 1st set, and then for match in 3rd

Ballbasher
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Luangnam is a Qualifier. :p Quite a close loss for her! :hug:

goldenlox
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Katya has been thru a lot, good to get a win

Federer&Hingis
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:29 PM
:eek: very close result

Nudnida :eek:

TheAllan
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Not exactly a blowout, but at least a win after the suspension.

*Jean*
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Ekaterina :)

Deck
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:36 PM
alright

where is Wannasuck?

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Don't know why Bychkova still bothers competing. :shrug:
I talked to her at the Kremlin Cup party in 2008 and she said she was sick of playing tennis and wanted to study journalism.
One would think a year is enough time to make up your mind but apparently it's not...

Petkorazzi
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I talked to her at the Kremlin Cup party in 2008 and she said she was sick of playing tennis and wanted to study journalism.
One would think a year is enough time to make up your mind but apparently it's not...
Maybe that's the reason she didn't even bother appealing for her ban :lol: She was probably too lazy to travel to Australia anyway.

TheAllan
Feb 9th, 2010, 11:37 PM
She can always do journalism later if that is still her intention. I think many players experience growing tired of the sport once in a while. And maybe she likes other aspects of it - like traveling the world. In many ways it's a privileged profession, though of course that is dependant of your ranking to a very large extent.

Maybe that's the reason she didn't even bother appealing for her ban :lol: She was probably too lazy to travel to Australia anyway.
Interesting theory, except for the fact that she just went to Thailand, so she can't be that lazy. Also, the costs of appealing would likely exceed the actual fine. And if she had any legal advice I suspect she was told that her chances of winning a case would be minimal.

rucolo
Feb 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Important win for Katya!:D

Especially after these problems at start of 2010.

1st WTA main draw win for Katya since Tashkent, Sep 2009.

Interesting serving in this match: :lol:
Bychkova: 12 Aces, 9 DFs
Luangnam: no Ace, 10 DFs

Now upset Dushevina, Katya!

alright

where is Wannasuck?

Her name is Wannasuk.
And she lost in Quali.

Deck
Feb 11th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Her name is Wannasuk.
And she lost in Quali.

thanks
whatever...

Petkorazzi
Feb 11th, 2010, 01:56 PM
She can always do journalism later if that is still her intention. I think many players experience growing tired of the sport once in a while. And maybe she likes other aspects of it - like traveling the world. In many ways it's a privileged profession, though of course that is dependant of your ranking to a very large extent.

Interesting theory, except for the fact that she just went to Thailand, so she can't be that lazy. Also, the costs of appealing would likely exceed the actual fine. And if she had any legal advice I suspect she was told that her chances of winning a case would be minimal.
True, but then again, going to Australia would mean missing possibly NYE and Christmas for sure at home. Aswell, she would have had to train during that period, maybe she just didn't want it :lol: And Thailand is such a nice place to go to! :D