PDA

View Full Version : Muslim bus driver locks passengers aboard as he stops to pray

mure
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM
A Muslim bus driver knelt in the aisle to pray for five minutes leaving bemused and anxious passengers trapped in ther seats.

The driver pulled over without warning and rolled out a high-visibility jacket as a makeshift prayer mat before removing his shoes, turning to face Mecca and starting to chant in Arabic.

Passengers said they looked on in stunned silence, fearing the driver may be preparing for a terrorist attack on the bus. No one was able to get on or off the vehicle during the five-minute prayer session.

Gayle Griffiths, 33, complained to Transport for London (TfL) about the incident on the number 24 bus in Gospel Oak, north London, last week.
[.............]

TfL has apologised to all the passengers for the delay to their journey and the driver has been reprimanded.

A spokesman said: “A route 24 bus was delayed following a decision by the driver to stop the bus to pray.

“The bus company – London General – has had a word with the driver as this is not something that should be happening.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/7187511/Muslim-bus-driver-locks-passengers-aboard-as-he-stops-to-pray.html

What's next?"Muslim pilot leaves the cockpit in the procedure of landing to pray"..Or"Muslim surgeon leaves open heart surgery to pray to Allah"

The most ridiculous thing is that his company had just a talk with him instead of firing him.But that's to be expected in modern Eurabia and Londonistan where apparently firing a Muslim for not doin his job right is racict and unacceptable.

pov
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:08 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/7187511/Muslim-bus-driver-locks-passengers-aboard-as-he-stops-to-pray.html

What's next?"Muslim pilot leaves the cockpit in the procedure of landing to pray"..Or"Muslim surgeon leaves open heart surgery to pray to Allah"

You really need to research the habits of orthodox Christians and Jews. It's not that different.

Or Levy
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:28 PM
You really need to research the habits of orthodox Christians and Jews. It's not that different.

You'd be surprised to find out how many religious people drive a bus in Israel and still manage not to stop the bus for a prayer.

They'd get fired, I assure you.

Mynarco
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:29 PM
OMG, I can't believe it happens in London :o

moby
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hopefully, the Telegraph got it right. Or they might have to pay 30,000 pounds of damages to the bus driver in question, like the Sun had to do some time ago:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/feb/26/sun-pays-damages-to-muslim-bus-driver

While we're on errant bus drivers, why not look at this?
Clearly, the issue is not a religious one.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/toronto/story.html?id=2523969

Local 113 of the Amalgamated Transit Union confirmed in a news release yesterday morning, "A TTC bus operator has been suspended pending an investigation into the circumstances surrounding a video purportedly recording the operator taking a seven-minute washroom break and buying a coffee at a doughnut shop at 3 a.m. last Friday"... In the video, the unidentified driver stops the bus and runs into a doughnut shop for around seven minutes. He ignores the complaints of a female rider when he returns... Mr. Politi told the Post that after he had turned the camera off, "The bus driver told me, 'This is the 21st century, kid, not the '60s. I can do whatever I want.' He then told me I could take my camera and stick it up my ass because he's a union member and nobody can touch him."

In both cases, the bus company should make it clear to their bus drivers that personal business should not be allowed when they're on duty, and that any infringement of such regulations will lead to immediate dismissal.

Wigglytuff
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:57 PM
some of you guys are so filled with hate that you dont see the problem.

the problem has nothing to do with whether he is muslim or not. its bus drivers who do stupid shit that endanger passengers. its no different than the bus driver who crashed a bus because he was busy texting and not watching the road.

he needs to be fired and dealt with the same way anyone who locked passangers in a bus with no way out or who did some crazy shit like that. dont care if prays to allah, jesus, satan, or the tooth fairy.

Kart
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:00 PM
How about "mure opens thread on tennisforum that doesn't contain pointless anti-islamic hate spew."

pov
Feb 9th, 2010, 12:07 AM
You'd be surprised to find out how many religious people drive a bus in Israel and still manage not to stop the bus for a prayer.

It would be really scary if that was a surprise. In the same vein, there are many people whose religion is Islam who drive buses and don't stop the bus to pray. Definitely a doofy thing to do - very doofy. However, to use it launch a round of bashing of Muslims is even more doofy.

Fingon
Feb 9th, 2010, 12:11 AM

the problem has nothing to do with whether he is muslim or not. its bus drivers who do stupid shit that endanger passengers. its no different than the bus driver who crashed a bus because he was busy texting and not watching the road.

he needs to be fired and dealt with the same way anyone who locked passangers in a bus with no way out or who did some crazy shit like that. dont care if prays to allah, jesus, satan, or the tooth fairy.

exactly.

mykarma
Feb 9th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Hopefully, the Telegraph got it right. Or they might have to pay 30,000 pounds of damages to the bus driver in question, like the Sun had to do some time ago:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/feb/26/sun-pays-damages-to-muslim-bus-driver

In both cases, the bus company should make it clear to their bus drivers that personal business should not be allowed when they're on duty, and that any infringement of such regulations will lead to immediate dismissal.
:worship::worship::worship:

mykarma
Feb 9th, 2010, 12:35 AM
How about "mure opens thread on tennisforum that doesn't contain pointless anti-islamic hate spew."
:spit: :lol:

Nicolás89
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:16 AM
No offense to anyone, but religion is a waste of time. :shrug:

That I got it out of my chest*

young_gunner913
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:22 AM
wiggly pretty much wrapped up this thread. :lol:

Dandy_Warhol
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:23 AM
i honestly would also be legit scared if i was one of the passengers :unsure:

winone23
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:49 AM
lol if that happened on a bus in nyc dude would have gotten beat down.

Kart
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:51 AM
No offense to anyone, but religion is a waste of time. :shrug:
Posting on this board is a waste of time. Why do you do it ?

propi
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:32 AM
He should have opened the door so people could at least take an alternative bus :o

BUBI
Feb 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM

The most ridiculous thing is that his company had just a talk with him instead of firing him.But that's to be expected in modern Eurabia and Londonistan where apparently firing a Muslim for not doin his job right is racict and unacceptable.

In Helsinki bus drivers have too busy schedule to take a shit break, except muslim drivers of course, they have a mosque at bus station and 3 praying breaks.

ce
Feb 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM

this:)

BUBI
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:19 PM
dont care if prays to allah, jesus, satan, or the tooth fairy.

You and I don't care, but the governments in Europe do and that's the problem. He should be fired but it's not possible because of politics.

meyerpl
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I'm almost always against firing an employee if a problem can be corrected by less punitive means.

Bezz
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I think given the last time ppl in london heard muslim prayers or chanting on a bus you'd think the guy would be sensitive and at the very least explain what he was doing and not jsut carry on like it happens everyday.

I think some ppl have a "i dont give a shit attitude", and if thats the case, he shouldnt be working with the public.

A Magicman
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
OMG, I can't believe it happens in London :o

I can.

Dandy_Warhol
Feb 10th, 2010, 03:00 AM
This reminds me of a Bones episode....

Edward.
Feb 10th, 2010, 12:14 PM

I wouldn't bank on it. The Sun, the Mail and the Telegraph all post the same anti-Islamic shit every day.

Halardfan
Feb 10th, 2010, 12:51 PM
The Portrayal of the UK as an Islamic dominated nation in the grip of Sharia law, is wildly exaggerated and fed by extreme newspapers with little Englandger agenda's. Only a tiny percentage of the UK population is Muslim.

That said, what the driver did was stupid and had he been sacked he could have had few complaints. Remember that London had a bus bombs by Islamic terrorists in the recent past, and Northern Irish Catholic terrorists in the 90's, So it's natural the passengers would feel a twinge of concern.

Religion is a factor here, religious practice, be it Muslim, Christian or Jewish, does not belong in the workplace, especially when it actively hinders your ability to do the job, i.e get the Bus the right place on time with the minimum of fuss.