PDA

View Full Version : Any windsurfers around?

ys
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:44 AM
Do you windsurf?

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:50 AM
howdy :wavey:

ys
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:51 AM
So, Alexis, you do? Really?

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:54 AM
yeah what can I help ya with?

ys
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:56 AM
For how long are you in that?

I started it recently ( in August ) and got pretty hooked up. Now thinking about probably buying a board..

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:00 AM
I've been doing that for about 3 years now......mainly in the summer in Seattle. It isn't too bad there. I'm trying out wakeboarding as my watersport activity next year though.

ys
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:32 AM
What is wakeboarding, Alexis?

veryborednow
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:31 PM
I do it. Not as regularly as I'd like seeing as I'm as far away from natural waves as poosible in the UK... ugh

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by ys
What is wakeboarding, Alexis?

Wakeboarding is a sport where you are being pulled by a rope in the back of the boat while you are on a wakeboard, kinda like a surfboard, only a lot shorter. And during the time you're being pulled by a boat at like 20 mph, you try to do flips and rotations (that makes the boat speed even more important, if it is too slow, no flips, too fast, more likely to fail in flipping, more chances of injury when hitting the water) In competition there might be something like an obstacle course involved. Most of the wakeboarders get their training in Florida. Might do that for my honeymoon next summer. :D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:47 PM
wake boarding is cooooooooool...... :cool: it's almost like snowboarding but more speed... and you ahve a boat! and you have water instead of snow....................... :p :o

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:50 PM
omg marri....no way *sarcastic* :p

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:51 PM
*slap* yes way:p

hehehehe.... you gotta have a desent boat if you wanna make those high jumps!!!!!1 :D :bounce:

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:52 PM
actually you just need a good speed.....boat don't matter. :D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:09 PM
waves.... we had a pretty fast boat... but it was so small.. so it didn't great big enough waves to jump on.... :(

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:10 PM
marri , you wakeboard? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:14 PM
errhh,, if i say i do wakeboard i'd offend everybody who actually does.. coz i don't do it often... lol... a couple of times in summer 2000 was more than enough... :o lol

but the guys here loves to wakeboard... *sigh* guys in wetsuits... shorts... shirtless....... sun-bleached hair.... :D

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:15 PM
*moving over from Sweden to Norway*

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:25 PM
yes... and come to my place... where the rich kids are... taking out daddy's boat during the summer.... i live 5 minutes from the water! ;) hehehe..
Marius' dad has a 36foot Princess Rivera.... ;) :cool: too bad i broke up with him :p
everytime we took the boat out, suddenly he got many friends :p :rolleyes:

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:28 PM
*kisses up to Marius* :p

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:32 PM
nah.. you don't want him - he's too short for you :o

ys
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:40 PM
So, back to the subject.. Windsurfers, how did you buy your first board?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:46 PM
went to the store.. talkedd to the man... recommend me a new beginners board.... give him money - that's how;) lol

i'm j/k here.... :o