steph1982
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Well done Elena :yeah:
Good luck in the next round :)

Rix643
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Never in Doubt

I was, as I always am.
Good first set though, but made it harder on herself than necessary in set 2.

Valanga
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I was, as I always am.
Good first set though, but made it harder on herself than necessary in set 2.

Dumb Vesnina 2*-1 and lost serve and then all of a sudden she was 2*-3 down :eek:

Garbin/Olaru next, should be a cakewalk

jimbo mack
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
aaahhh dulgheru, the one every player dreams of drawing in the first round

apparantly the umpire gave dulgheru a 30/0 start in each game in order to give her a chance to win :eek:

Valanga
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:47 PM
aaahhh dulgheru, the one every player dreams of drawing in the first round

apparantly the umpire gave dulgheru a 30/0 start in each game in order to give her a chance to win :eek:

too bad Govortsova drew Szavay today :sobbing:
otherwise she would have her first MD win in 2010..
Olga:sobbing:

delicatecutter
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Oh noes! :bigcry: I thought Alex was back. :(

SVK
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Why she is playing indoor carpet tournaments when she can play clay tournaments - 75k in Cali and then WTA in Bogota?:unsure:

She could have a bigger chance to reach a good results there

Valanga
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Why she is playing indoor carpet tournaments when she can play clay tournaments - 75k in Cali and then WTA in Bogota?:unsure:

maybe she needs to suit her game to WTA level, oh wait...

SVK
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Yes i know...isn't better for her playing this week in Cali and next week in Bogota?:unsure:

Valanga
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I change it, sorry:p
maybe she's fed up playing <100k?

sammy01
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM
im suprised alex got 5 games. her game is ineffective on slower sufaces, let alone a quick indoor court.

such a soft draw to the qtrs for vesnina

rickxx
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Nice win Lena!
Alex seems to be struggling on hard courts...

Joe.
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
woop :)

Break My Rapture
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
:inlove:

Rix643
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Dumb Vesnina 2*-1 and lost serve and then all of a sudden she was 2*-3 down :eek:

Remember AO 1st round? Vesnina then thought so too......

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Of course Alex is better on clay and she could get some nice points going for high tarif ITF clay events like the one in Cali. But clearly Alex is after something more important at this stage of her career than ranking points and that is experience. And playing someone of Vesnina's quality on a fast indoor court is definately good experience.

Alex got well a truely hammered in that 1st set but she improved substantially in the 2nd set and made it quite competitive. She obviously has to get better returning good 1st serves on fast surfaces as the stats indicate this is where she really struggled but the only way she will get better at it is to put herself in the line of fine. I still think she has a fine career ahead of her.

tenn_ace
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:21 PM

that's pretty much what Vesnina said before her macth again Tathiana at the AO. Remember the outcome? :lol:

Rafito.
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Woo! Happy for Vesnina, Was actually a little scared she is slumping.

Hasn't won many matches lately.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Lena ;) :bounce: :)
now to make a good run here

FORZA SARITA
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM
that's pretty much what Vesnina said before her macth again Tathiana at the AO. Remember the outcome? :lol:

she said this?wow such a big respect for her opponents :)

tenn_ace
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:56 PM
she said this?wow such a big respect for her opponents :)

to be exact, in her interview to Russian media after the draw was done she said that she is lucky with the draw because Tathiana is not in good form

Rix643
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:09 PM
She lost almost all her credit with me with that....

nevetssllim
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Just as I expected. Dulgheru's game is not really suited to indoors ;)

Garbin will hardly be a pushover in r2 though. Tax isn't a typical indoor player but she's a very wily and experienced competitor and will definitely give Lena V a run for her money.

LeonHart
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Alex :(

Gear up for some Hard outdoor tournaments then clay :drool:

ivanban
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:56 PM
lenaV :worship: win it all :rocker2:

Craig.
Feb 8th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Never in Doubt :inlove:

Really? :lol:

KamilZ
Feb 8th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Of course Alex is better on clay and she could get some nice points going for high tarif ITF clay events like the one in Cali. But clearly Alex is after something more important at this stage of her career than ranking points and that is experience. And playing someone of Vesnina's quality on a fast indoor court is definately good experience.

Alex got well a truely hammered in that 1st set but she improved substantially in the 2nd set and made it quite competitive. She obviously has to get better returning good 1st serves on fast surfaces as the stats indicate this is where she really struggled but the only way she will get better at it is to put herself in the line of fine. I still think she has a fine career ahead of her.

i agree with you, completely :cool:

Slutiana
Feb 8th, 2010, 11:23 PM

From what i've seen of her, i'm not convinced at all about her talent. At all. But I agree that she is doing the right thing looking to improve her game outside of the clay challengers. She's smarter than Polona, that's for sure. :tape: