PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Tennis GP Filderstadt: all Kim news and articles

spiritfullfrog
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:34 AM
this can just be a thread for news and stuff on the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
how did kim go in this last year??

http://www.porsche-tennis.de/en/default_flash.htm

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

~|Naomi|~
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:57 AM
Kim lost in the 2nd round last year to Anke Huber in three sets so it is a great opportunity for Kim to gain points.

Hoping for a good draw for Kim.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:49 AM
I just checked the winners list thing. Kim was runner-up in 2000

*annamaria*
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:12 PM
come on kim :bounce:

which top10 player entered the tournament?

katie124
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:55 PM
I think Serena, Jennifer, Jelena, Justine, Amélie, Lindsay and
Martina will play.

Hawk
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:57 PM
lol so the real question is..which top 10 player didn't enter. I just really hope she isn't in Serena's half. Does anyone know when the draw is out?

Verve
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:59 PM
Looks like Serena withdrew:)

Woohoooow!:) Now she 'only' has Justine, Amélie, Martina, Lindsay, Jen and Jelena to deal with;). But they're 'doable', you know?

GO KIM!!!:D Play your heart out!:)

spiritfullfrog
Oct 4th, 2002, 05:14 AM
now that serena's withdraw i reckon there's heaps of chance for kimmy to win cause:
~ everyone know's that jenifer hasn't been playing her best lately
~ she beat lindsay a couple of tournaments ago
~ she's beaten jelana also quite recently

amelie did beat kim in the us open so.......
but kim kick's ass so she can beat her!

kim hasn't played justine recently but she can beat her....

and taking that martina's just come off injury, kim can beat her too!!!

GO KIM!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hawk
Oct 4th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Let's hope Momo is in Jennifers half of the draw ;)

Oct 4th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Yeah LMAO!

Go Kim

KaseyL
Oct 4th, 2002, 11:13 AM
I second that! :bounce: GO KIM :bounce:

Not that Kim isn't able to beat Serena, but being realistic about it, it wouldn't be an easy challenge at all.

With all the points Kim so urgently need to regain her rightful place in the top 5, any help from whatever side is very welcome imo!

All she'll need now is Lleyton coming over from Japan too!
a :bounce: for a great tournament for Kim!

spiritfullfrog
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:18 PM
so if she wins the tournament how high can her ranking go?

Bigkimfan
Oct 5th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Is the draw coming out today?

:bounce: :bounce: Good luck Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Oct 5th, 2002, 12:47 PM
I just tried the site and it said "information not yet available"

Bigkimfan
Oct 5th, 2002, 06:11 PM
When does the draw come out??????????

:bounce: :bounce: Come on Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Oct 6th, 2002, 02:52 AM
the tournament starts tomorrow, right?...and it's not out yet!

Peridotpixie
Oct 6th, 2002, 03:18 AM
It's being done tomorrow at 12:30 German time.

Lleykimmy1
Oct 6th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Can somebody tell me what the internet adress of the Porsche Challenge GP in Filderstadt is please ??

Thanx for answering !!;)

GO KIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

This pic is from year 2000 when Kim lost to Martina Hingis in final. Down of the pic is Lleyton...

Oct 6th, 2002, 10:30 AM
www.porsche-tennis.de

~|Naomi|~
Oct 6th, 2002, 12:32 PM
With Davenport losing the Moscow final to Maleeva that means that when the Filderstadt points are taken off their current total it all looks like this.

1.S Williams 6099
2. V Williams 4844
3. J Capriati 3759
4 A Mauresmo 2987
5 M Seles 2960
6 J Dokic 2800
7 J Henin 2773
8 KIM 2618
9 L Davenport 2510
10 D Hantuchova 2395.75
11 M Hingis 2313

I know Kim is still only at 8 but hopefully with good performances here and Zurich she can climb a bit higher cause Lindsay is defending 434 points in Zurich next week and Dokic is defending 262 so I don't think Davenport can be ahead of Kim after Zurich and Dokic shouldn't be either if Kim plays like we know she can. I also think it is a possibility to catch Henin if Kim plays really really well but we know she can.

The rankings released this week without Moscow points off will be:

1 SW 6099
2VW 4844
3 JC 3759
4 AM 3062
5 JH 2994
6 MS 2960
7 LD 2911
8 JD 2800
9 KIM 2618
10 MH 2448
11 DH 2423.75

So I don't think Kim will fall out of the top 10:bounce: :bounce:

But Kim has 231 points to defend at Luxembourg and 233 at the Tour Championships. The only good thing is that Davenport has 434 in Zurich, 401 in Filderstadt, 328 in Linz and 401 at the Championships. And Dokic has 262 in Zurich, 174 in Linz nad 132 at the Championships.

Hope this helps anyone wondering about Kim's ranking Naomi

rein
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Hi, I'm also new here. I just saw the draw for filderstadt, and it is terrible one for Kim, first round against Myskina, then majoli. A possible quarterfinal against davenport and a semifinal against Mauresmo/dokic. The good thing is there are a lot of quality points if she ever gets bye round 1.

Bigkimfan
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:25 PM
sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, you're right... She can earn a lot of quality points...

Bigkimfan
Oct 6th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Is she playing her 1st round tomorrow????

Kim_for_number_1
Oct 6th, 2002, 06:37 PM
what the f*ck? first round against myskina? I thought it wasn't even possible... davenport quarters... djeezes

come on kim

Hawk
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Draws don't get much worst...*sigh* Myskina in the first round really sucks, Kim's gotta really focus.

Bigkimfan
Oct 6th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Kim is gonna beat Myskina!!! I know she can...

Oct 7th, 2002, 01:09 AM
That is a pretty bad draw, but Kim has beaten both Dokic and Davenport recently...so if she can just get past Myskina this time...

Go Kim:bounce: :bounce:

spiritfullfrog
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:29 AM
if kim plays her best she can beat Myskina!!!!!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::b ounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bou nce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounc e::bounce:
good luck kim!!!!!!!!!

*annamaria*
Oct 7th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Kim will win, I'm pretty sure about it! :D

When does she play Myskina? Any broadcasting? I hope they have more live coverage than Leipzig ... :rolleyes:

Come on Kim :bounce:

Peridotpixie
Oct 7th, 2002, 03:38 PM
She'll play tomorrow; the schedule isn't out yet. Her doubles match is tiday; Kim and Chanda take on Amelie & Justine.
Ingrid, and info. on whether Jelena and Kim have split for good?

Also--from the women's look-forward--if Kim wins the whole tournament (a long shot but hey, we can hope) she'll get number five back. However, if either Dokic or Davenport wins, they'll be number five, and if Henin wins, she'll be number 4--unless Amelie gets to the final? I'm a little confused about that part. Anyway, Kim has an awful draw, but let's hope she can pick up at least a few points here.

Sorry, this is becoming a long post--but in terms of quality points, it seems like the only ones that would really matter would be beating Amelie in the semifinal, as she's currently number 4. even though Dokic & Davenport are seeded high, in actual rankings Jelena is number 8, so that wouldn't do much, and Lindsay is number 7.

keta
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:07 PM
:fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad: At Kim's Draw!! Its soo silly !!Why dose she get Myskina in the first round??? Pfffft!!

Thanzk for all the ranking working out jilli!!

Good Luck kimmy!! :bounce:

Bigkimfan
Oct 7th, 2002, 04:26 PM
I think Kim is going to do very well at this tournament!!! I just have this feeling...

Bigkimfan
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:21 PM
They lost !!! The score was 7/6 5/7 2/6!!!

:bounce: :bounce: Good luck against Myskina!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Hermione
Oct 7th, 2002, 07:41 PM
How is Myskina not even seeded?!

Peridotpixie
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:09 PM
There are only 8 seeds. Everyone else gets equal ranking, I think. Hantuchova is the last seed.

Hermione
Oct 7th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Peridotpixie
There are only 8 seeds. Everyone else gets equal ranking, I think. Hantuchova is the last seed.

I guess that's Kim's bad luck then :(

Serendy Willick
Oct 7th, 2002, 10:26 PM
GO KIM WIN THIS! :bounce: :)

Oct 7th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Kim and Chanda lost the doubles...meaning more time for Kim to concentrate on singles

pcabenojar
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:06 AM
yup, she can now concentrate on her singles matches. I'm hoping that she will win against Myskina who defeated her in Leipzig (SF).

here's an article I found in Lleyton's message board.

Lleyton's other side
From Sydney Confidential
October 04, 2002

NOT many people know it, but Lleyton Hewitt has another side to his competitive on-court personality.

Not only is the best player in the world giving his time to charity, but also taking his girlfriend, Kim Clijsters along for the day.

The hottest item on the international circuit are giving time for one of their favourite charities – The Starlight Foundation tennis tournament to be held at the Sydney International Tennis Centre, Homebush, on November 24.

It will be like a Davis Cup reunion, with doting dad Patrick Rafter finding out if he is still a true believer about his awesome talent.

"It's just fantastic to get three Australian players who have been number one to support our charity – Lleyton is currently the best, while Patrick and John Newcombe have been on top of the tennis mountain," a spokesman for the charity told The Daily Telegraph's John Thirsk.

"This is our 14th Starlight Cup and we've raised in excess of $4 million.

"This year we hope to donate $500,000 to the Westmead Children's Hospital Starlight Express Room."

Other celebrities and sports stars taking part include Powderfinger guitarist Darren Middleton, Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos, Olympic gold medallist Kieren Perkins, Davis Cup coach Wally Masur, Oscar-nominated actress Toni Collette, former Water Rat Jay Laga'aia and Samuel Johnson from The Secret Life of Us.

Hewitt is also involved with the Special Olympics, assisting the organisation to increase numbers for the 26 winter and summer events.

The Daily Telegraph

katie124
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Go Kimmie!
Make us proud!
If she survives Myskina, who will be her next opponent?

Bigkimfan
Oct 8th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Is there a broadcast or live scores?

Oct 8th, 2002, 11:09 AM
I don't know. I can't even work out the time difference!

pcabenojar
Oct 8th, 2002, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure about the broadcast but for live scores, visit the ff. site: http://www.wtafans.com/porchegrandprix.html .

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Kim's match will be broadcasted live on DSF, as they start their live coverage of the tournament at 1 PM.

Re time of Kim's match: it hardly will start before 3 PM local time (is two hours from now), as she is third up.

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pcabenojar
I'm not sure about the broadcast but for live scores, visit the ff. site: http://www.wtafans.com/porchegrandprix.html .

Thanks! :kiss:

think this is the ONLY site where one can get some live scores!
Three cheers for that site! :bounce:

(hallo Filderstadt :wavey: hint... ) *cough* I was however surprised to find today that Filderstadt did manage to get a few pics up, though. There is still hope...

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Kim should be up any moment now, as Martina vs ASV is finished.

:bounce: Go Kim! :bounce:

Bigkimfan
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Good luck Kim!!!

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Kim is leading 6-4, 5-0

serving for the match now
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Kim didn't serve it out to make it 6-0 though

but she won with 6-4, 6-2!

btw big surprise ;) Lleyton was there! :bounce:

Cilla
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Well Done Kimmy! :) :bounce: Revenge is sweet....;) Yay 4 LL being there!:bounce: :bounce: & yes it is a big suprise Ingrid.....;) ;)

Bigkimfan
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:03 PM
She won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you could do it!!!!!!!!!! The score was 6/4 6/2!!!!!!!!!

kevijntje
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:03 PM
yes :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: good win !!!! c'mon kim

Lleykimmy1
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:09 PM
After the match it was an interview on DSF and a boy asked her when she first met Lleyton Hewitt and she said she knew him from name and one day he has invited her for dinner and that they're now together since 3 years and that everything is going well !! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

She also said that she's cut Lleyton's hair last time he did ;)

GO KIM, YOU PLAYED A GREAT MATCH AND I HOPE YOU'LL KEEP THIS LEVEL CAUSE YOU COULD WIN THE TOURNAMENT PLAYING THIS LEVEL, I'M SURE OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keta
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:19 PM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Lleykimmy1 Thankz soo much for the stuff about kim's interview!1
Kim is the best she is just is awosme!! :p:p

GOOD JOB KIMMY AND GOOD LUCK FOR NEXT ROUND!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lleykimmy1
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:23 PM
You're welcome Keta, if I see another one on the german channel I'll tell you what she sais because I understand German well.

GO KIM, I KNOW THAT YOU CAN WIN THIS TOURNAMENT !!!!!!!!!!

vutt
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Nice win today!
Congrats, Kim!
:D

keta
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:46 PM
:kiss: Thanzk Heaps Christel!! :p:p

Hawk
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Woo Hoo Nice win Kim! :bounce: :bounce:

Peridotpixie
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Hey, Ingrid, I have a points question. If a player gets a bye and then loses second round, do they get second round points or first round? I guess a better way of asking it is do Lindsay/Jelena automatically get more than one point, just for showing up?

Cilla
Oct 8th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Lleykimmy1
After the match it was an interview on DSF and a boy asked her when she first met Lleyton Hewitt and she said she knew him from name and one day he has invited her for dinner and that they're now together since 3 years and that everything is going well !! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

She also said that she's cut Lleyton's hair last time he did ;)

lol! ;)

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Jilli, they will receive first round losers' points and prize money for the round reached.

Kim btw won 35 quality points today for beating Myskina.

josefien
Oct 8th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Yihaa, ...
Great match and keep pumpin' it up, Kimmie :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Serendy Willick
Oct 8th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Kimmy shut the crap down on Myskina today. Awesome revenge Kimmy!:bounce: :bounce:

angele87
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Congrats Kimmie :kiss: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lleykimmy1 thanks so much for Kim's interview... I love hearing anything she says about Lleyton :D :D

Bigkimfan
Oct 8th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Kim is playing Thursday!!!!

Lleyki
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Congrats Kim :bounce: Way to go !!!

Good luck in your next match :D

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by keta
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Lleykimmy1 Thankz soo much for the stuff about kim's interview!1
Kim is the best she is just is awosme!! :p:p

GOOD JOB KIMMY AND GOOD LUCK FOR NEXT ROUND!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Second that! Thanks Christel! :kiss:

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Here's a little bit about Kim's match today:

Source: Reuters, Oct 8, 2002

Clijsters clambers past Myskina in Filderstadt

By Barry Wood

FILDERSTADT, Germany

Cheered by boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt, Kim Clijsters claimed her first victory over Russia's Anastasia Myskina in three career meetings to reach the second round of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix with a 6-4 6-2 victory.

Myskina had beaten sixth seed Clijsters both at Wimbledon two years ago and recently in the semi-finals of the Leipzig event. This time she played a competitive first set, but was completely overwhelmed in the second as the Belgian dominated the rallies by running her round the court and forcing errors.

KaseyL
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Kim will play Iva Majoli on Thursday!

Hawk
Oct 9th, 2002, 12:19 AM
hehe looks like Iva is Kim's next victim..*looks for evil smiley*

Oct 9th, 2002, 12:42 AM
Congratulations Kim :)

Serendy Willick
Oct 9th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Kimmy should have no problems with Majoli. Good Luck Kimmy! Take no prisoners:bounce: :bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Oct 9th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Updated rankings after Kim's match:

I have taken all of last years Filderstadt points off the rankings and added 1st round points.

1 Serena 6099
2 Venus 4844
3 Capriati 3759
4 Mauresmo 3020 (she lost 75 points from last years Filderstadt QF)
5 Dokic 2800
6 Seles 2796 (she lost 164 from last years Shanghai)
7 Henin 2774 ( lost 221 from last years Filderstadt - Final)
8 KIM 2678:angel:
9 Davenport 2511 (lost 401 points from Last years Filderstadt - Won)
10 Dani 2435.75 (lost 28 from last years Filderstadt - 1st round and qualified.)
11 Hingis 2348 (Lost 135 from last years Filderstadt - SF)
12 Myskina 1845

Kim won 35 quality points for beating Myskina and 25 points for making the 2nd round so 60 in total:bounce: :bounce: and still the chance to win more. If Kim beats Majoli she will get 15 Bonus points as Majoli is ranked 28 and the points for making QF.

kit
Oct 9th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Gratulation Kim!The match was great.Good luck against majoli tomorrow.:)

Bigkimfan
Oct 9th, 2002, 01:55 PM
I'm sur Kim is going to win her match tomorrow!!! But lets hope Davenport doesn't make the quarterfinals...

katie124
Oct 9th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Congrats KImmie!
Nice win!

duck
Oct 9th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Hi, I haven't posted before but I lurk (sorry) and I found this. I don't think it has been posted yet but if it has please delete it or move it if it is the wrong thread. Thank you.

Teenagers qualify for championship

Posted: Wednesday October 09, 2002 12:11 PM

LONDON (Reuters) -- Daniela Hantuchova and Kim Clijsters have booked their spots at the multi-million dollar season-ending WTA Championships, the women's tour said on Wednesday.

The teenagers became the ninth and 10th players to qualify for the $3 million 16-player event which will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles from November 6-11.

World number 11 and one of the most improved players on the 2002 Tour, 19-year-old Hantuchova grabbed the ninth spot.

Beginning the year ranked 38th, she sprung to prominence at the Australian Open when she came within a few points of upsetting tournament favorite Venus Williams.

A few weeks later the young Slovak claimed her career-first title at the prestigious Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells.

Playing in her first singles final, she upset former world number one Martina Hingis in straight sets.

Hantuchova is the only player making her Championships debut out of those already qualified.

She was joined by fellow 19-year-old Clijsters. This season the popular Belgian reached the semi-finals of the Australian Open extending eventual champion Jennifer Capriati to three sets and shortly afterwards reached a career-best ranking of number three.

In April, she beat then-world number one Venus Williams to win the Hamburg Open.

Most recently she was a finalist in Stanford, beating Lindsay Davenport, and Tokyo where she narrowly lost to Serena Williams.

Last year Clijsters was a semi-finalist at the season-ending event falling in a final set tiebreak to Davenport.

The teenagers join a glittering cast vying for the $765,000 first prize including three-times 2002 grand slam champion Serena Williams, her sister Venus, Australian Open champion Jennifer Capriati, France's Amelie Mauresmo, Monica Seles, Justine Henin, Jelena Dokic and Martina Hingis.

Following hard on their heels are several players still fighting for the six remaining singles spots at this year's Championships, including Anastasia Myskina, Silvia Farina Elia, Chanda Rubin and last week's Moscow champion Magdalena Maleeva.

California native and 1999 Championships winner Lindsay Davenport increased her chances by rising from 20th to 16th in the Race to the Championships points standings by reaching the final of Moscow last week.

Bigkimfan
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Thanks!!!

Bigkimfan
Oct 9th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Kim her match begins at 1.00pm!!! That's the first match...

spiritfullfrog
Oct 10th, 2002, 03:57 AM
yippy!!!
finally a match which i can actually be awake for!!!
its soo annoying living in australia right now when all the tournaments are in euroupe and the us.
GO KIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

spiritfullfrog
Oct 10th, 2002, 04:01 AM
does anyone know if :hearts: Lleyton :hearts: will be there or not?

spiritfullfrog
Oct 10th, 2002, 04:05 AM
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

JENNIFER CAPRIATI LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now there's even more chances of kim winning!~!~!~!~!

congrats alexandre stevenson on beating jennifer!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know if jennifer will get knocked off her 3rd place ranking cause she lost in the second round??????

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oct 10th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by spiritfullfrog
does anyone know if :hearts: Lleyton :hearts: will be there or not?

I assume so. He was at Kim's last match

Lleykimmy1
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:06 AM
I'm sure that Kim will win her match against Majoli today and if she play the same level as again Myskina, she also can win against Davenport or Mauresmo, I'm sure of it !!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: GO KIM :bounce: :bounce:

keta
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:39 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: GOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK KIMEKE!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

spiritfullfrog
Oct 10th, 2002, 11:49 AM
is anyone able to watch this game live on tv?
if so could you be able to tell us the scroes frquently?
that would be greatly appreciated.
GO KIM!!!!!!!!

Oct 10th, 2002, 12:00 PM
The match starts in 1 min!

spiritfullfrog
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:06 PM
where can you get live scoring?????????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
the wta fans site, shows yesterday's matches scores.
HELP ME!!!!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

KaseyL
Oct 10th, 2002, 12:07 PM
the live scores will be posted here on wtaworld, in the filderstadt tournament thread

Oct 10th, 2002, 12:26 PM
SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim is down 0-3 in the 1st set!

Oct 10th, 2002, 12:35 PM
I'm more relaxed now. The site had the scores backwards!!
This was just posted:
NAME 1st set 2nd set final set
Iva Majoli* 1 - -
Kim Clijsters
4 - -
Winners : Unknown (CORECTED KIM LEADS NOT IVA LEADS SORRY!)
* = On Serve

Oct 10th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Kim is now 5-1 :)

Oct 10th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Kim won the set 6-1

Oct 10th, 2002, 12:40 PM
6-1 1-0

Oct 10th, 2002, 12:52 PM
On serve @ 2-2 in the 2nd

Oct 10th, 2002, 01:05 PM
6-1 4-2

Oct 10th, 2002, 01:05 PM
6-1 5-2
Kim is serving for the match

spiritfullfrog
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:09 PM
SHE WON!!!!!!!!
6:1 6:2

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:bounce:G:bounce:O:bounce::bounce:K:bounce:I:bounc e:M:bounce:

Oct 10th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Kim won 6-1 6-2:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cilla
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:10 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:Well Done Kimmie! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

keta
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:19 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: GOOOOOD JOB KIMEKE!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

KaseyL
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:19 PM
so happy! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lleykimmy1
Oct 10th, 2002, 01:23 PM
After the match she said in an interview on DRS that she began playing tennis because when Leo (his father) became the belgian footballer of the year, he decided to build a tennis court just next to the house, and so Kim began playing tennis !!!

She also said that his father can't play tennis and that he doesn't know much about tennis, she said that he's really a footballer !!

Kim is really a nice girl, who takes the time to answers questions for the fans and so, and I think it's great !!

She played a very aggressive match, but it was great to see how she could attack, and I'm definitely sure that she'll win against Davenport !!!

:hearts: :hearts: Lleyton was watching the match !!:hearts: :hearts:

:bounce: :bounce: GO KIM !!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Bigkimfan
Oct 10th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Come on Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeh!!!!!!!!!! Now beat Davenport!!!!!!
you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigkimfan
Oct 10th, 2002, 04:13 PM
What are the rankings at this point???

Hawk
Oct 10th, 2002, 05:04 PM
:bounce: Great match Kim! Keep it going!!:bounce: :bounce:

Primula
Oct 10th, 2002, 06:35 PM
What a great match, she's back, our Kimmie !!
GOOD LUCK AGAINST DAVENPORT !! We believe in you !!
Greetz Primula !! :bounce: :bounce:

Oh yes, its so sweet that Leyton is there !! he has a very good influence on her !! :hearts: :hearts:

KaseyL
Oct 10th, 2002, 10:42 PM
a little bit about Kim's match against majoli:

Clijsters turned in her second impressive performance at the event. In her first-round match, Clijsters easily overpowered Anastasia Myskina 6-4, 6-2.

"I knew I had to apply pressure right from the start against Majoli, because if she can play her own game, she's tough,'' Clijsters said.

(source: AP)

KaseyL
Oct 10th, 2002, 11:23 PM
another article in the German media, from dpa press agency:

Source: dpa, October 10, 2002

(quick translation & summary by Ingrid)

Kim didn’t leave Majoli any chance to take a breath during their match today. She brought Majoli under a lot of pressure right from the beginning. Gradually she nailed the French Open winner of 1997 down at the baseline with her forehand. “I knew I had to play aggressively and stay focused during the returns”, said Clijsters, who offered a convincing performance under the eyes of boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt. “I try to be totally relaxed, I play at my best then”.
About her chances against Davenport she said: “The chances are 50/50. It is a big challenge to me! I am very motivated!”

spiritfullfrog
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:35 AM
now all Kimmy has to do is beat Lindsay in the quarter's, and then probaly face Amelie in the semi's.
the other half's top seeds; jennifer capriati, justine henin and martina hingis, all got knocked out in the 2nd round
in Kim's half, Jelena Dokic got knocked aout in the 2nd too!!
so Kim real opponents are Amelie and Lindsay and maybe Daniela
Hantuchova.

GO KIM!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

G:bounce:O:bounce::bounce:K:bounce:I:bounce:M

Oct 11th, 2002, 12:49 AM
Wow! Seeds dropping everywhere :)

~|Naomi|~
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Updated rankings:

1 Serena 6099
2 Venus 4844
3 Capriati 3759
4 Mauresmo 3059
5 Dokic 2800
6 Seles 2796
7Henin 2774
8 KIM 2717
9 Davenport 2583
10 Dani 2469.75
11 Hingis 2348

If Kim beats Davenport and makes semis her points will be 2799 and will become 6. if she makes the final beating mauresmo in the semis she will be on 2903 and therefore back at 5 if she beats Panova in the semi Kim's points will be 2871 and therefore 5 and if she wins well it all depends on who she beats in the final but she should have almost 3000 points. AND nothing to defend next week in Zurich :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

spiritfullfrog
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:51 AM
this was said in the Filderstadt forum....

A win over Davenport could place Kim back where she belongs
At #6
Ahead Seles and Henin

And moving in the finals would mean:
At #5
Ahead of Dokic too

can anyone confirm that???
so if kim gets into the finals will she be #5?? :confused:

i hope so... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
good luck kimmy!!!

anyone know the schudule for friday??

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

pcabenojar
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Kim plays the 2nd to the last match. Good luck Kim! :)

Order of play - Friday 11 October 2002

Centre Court (from 13.00h)
Casanova vs. Dementieva

Not before 14.30h
Stevenson vs. Hantuchova
Mauresmo vs. Panova
Clijsters vs. Davenport
Dokic / Petrova vs. Shaughnessy / Suarez

Lleykimmy1
Oct 11th, 2002, 09:25 AM
GO KIM, I KNOW THAT YOU CAN BEAT DAVENPORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KaseyL
Oct 11th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the ranking calculations!

Kim has a pretty good shot at number 6 today, and if she keeps it going 'til the Final, she should gain the 5th spot thanks to her Filderstadt results imo too.

A lot at stake, but whatever happens, Kim can only gain points right now while some close competitors have quite a lot to defend, or have already lost a lot!

Good luck today, Kim! Make your move to the top 5 again, where you belong!

keta
Oct 11th, 2002, 09:58 AM
:kiss: Thankz for the ranking updates!! :kiss: GOOOOD LUCK KIMMY!!!

-Fienesse-
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:57 AM
I just love this news!! Kim belongs in the top 5!! Gooooo Kimmy, you're just the nr 1 for me!! :bounce: :bounce:

Bigkimfan
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Come on Kim!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beat Davenport!!!!!!!!!

KaseyL
Oct 11th, 2002, 12:09 PM
warning: especially for the goobers in here ;)

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Kim speaks about her relationship with Lleyton, text from a German newspaper today:

Source: Süddeutsche Zeitung, October 11, 2002

(summarized translation by Ingrid)

In the stands were Kim’s father Lei and her long-time boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt, who got at least as much attention as the players on court. They are a couple since three years.

Kim explains: “We once went to dinner, he had invited me, and afterwards it simply happened like that. Everything is really fine, I hope it will stay like this.”

KaseyL
Oct 11th, 2002, 02:23 PM
VIDEO OF KIM vs MAJOLI ONLINE!

Check http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/generator/www.dsf.de/Programm/Tennis/TENNIS/Main.html

then go to heading 'Video-highlights', click on 'Top-begegnung Clijsters-Majoli'! Select your internetconnection, and there you go! Enjoy seeing Kim in action! :bounce:

The video is a match summary of 2min 40', from DSF, so comments in German.

Peridotpixie
Oct 11th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by kim&lleytonrule
Updated rankings:

8 KIM 2717

If Kim beats Davenport and makes semis her points will be 2799 and will become 6. if she makes the final beating mauresmo in the semis she will be on 2903 and therefore back at 5 if she beats Panova in the semi Kim's points will be 2871 and therefore 5 and if she wins well it all depends on who she beats in the final but she should have almost 3000 points. AND nothing to defend next week in Zurich :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I don't quite understand the math, I must admit. 2717 to 2799 is only up 82 points. According to the wta "how rankings work" sheet she should get at least 88 points for the semifinal and another 40 or so for beating Lindsay!
Can someone explain this to me?

Bigkimfan
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Kim won against Lindsay !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done Kim!!!!!!!!! Now beat Mauresmo and win this tournament!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Filip!
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Yippie!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I expected Lindsay to win after the first set...

But our Kimmie is just great and she won the match!

I'm really happy to see Kim play so good again after the difficult months for her... It seems to me her arm injury is under control right now :)

Gogo Kim, now beat Mauresmo!!!!!

*annamaria*
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:18 PM
:bounce: Kim played so great! I saw the match! Just fantastic!

Bigkimfan
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by *annamaria*
:bounce: Kim played so great! I saw the match! Just fantastic!

tell us please....

:bounce: :bounce: Good luck Kim!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Filip!
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:23 PM
I didn't saw the match... I don't understand the Belgian television... mostly they only show tennis when there's a Belgian girl in the final :(

Was her game good enough today to beat Mauresmo ??? :lick:

katie124
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Congrats Kimmie!
Go all the way

KaseyL
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:55 PM
annamaria, please tell!

KaseyL
Oct 11th, 2002, 06:58 PM
btw Lleyton has pulled out of Madrid next week, so he is staying with Kim in Filderstadt.

That's good for Kim, she'll need the support!

angele87
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:09 PM
CONGRATS KIMMIE :kiss: and Good luck against Momo!!

And I'm glad Lleyton is going stay there with her :angel: :hearts:

lleytnkim
Oct 11th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Congrats Kimmy! :)

Good luck against Momo! :bounce:

Lleyton! :sad: But at least he'll be with Kimmy! :hearts: :hearts: Hoping for a Lleyki pic on sunday! ;) :angel:

kit
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:06 PM
The match was very great.Good luck against amelie mauresmo tomorrow.I hope she plays her best tennis.:)

Sarah_86
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:14 PM
this may of already been asked ( or answerd) but ill ask again anyway
...Are there any pics of lleyton watching kim??
Good luck kim!!

Lleykimmy1
Oct 11th, 2002, 08:50 PM
I'm so happy !! I knew that she could won against Lindsay !!!

GO KIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WIN AGAINST MAURESMO !!!!!!

angele87
Oct 11th, 2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by KaseyL

In the stands were Kim’s father Lei and her long-time boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt, who got at least as much attention as the players on court. They are a couple since three years.

Kim explains: “We once went to dinner, he had invited me, and afterwards it simply happened like that. Everything is really fine, I hope it will stay like this.”

Awwww :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Thank you Ingrid :kiss:

spiritfullfrog
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:31 AM
this is saturday's schedule!!

Centre Court (from 13.00h)
Mauresmo vs. Clijsters
Hantuchova vs. Dementieva
Davenport / Raymond vs. Henin / Mauresmo
Mandula / Wartusch vs. Dokic /Petrova or Shaughnessy / Suarez

yippy!!!!!

another match i can be awake for!!!!

GOOD LUCK KIM!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Meteora
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by kim&lleytonrule
These may not be completely accurate, my friend thinks Kim was 2722 after beating Majoli but I take it as 2717 there but it is only 5 point differrence. So give or take 5 points, but right now Kim is definately number 6 and if she wins against Mauresmo she will definately be number 5. So Good Luck Kim.

A-ha! So it's cumulative. Thank you. I get it now. :D By the way, the difference between Monica, Kim, and Jelena is downright SCARY.

Peridotpixie
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:09 AM
Errrr... sorry, that was me above. I forgot I was using my sister's computer. I'm still using it, but I think I have successfully changed to my username. :o

Oct 12th, 2002, 04:55 AM
@ 1pm German time (9pm Melbourne time)

Bigkimfan
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Go Kim!!! You can do it!!! Come on !!!!!

Bigkimfan
Oct 12th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Does anybody have the match statistics of Kim-Davenport???
I would really like it to see!!!!

Lleykimmy1
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Come on Kim, I'm sure that you can beat Amelie !!!!

I'm sure you'll play a really good match and you'll beat her !!!!

:bounce: :bounce: GO KIM !!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Lleykimmy1
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Does anybody have a picture of Kim and Lleyton at the players party of Filderstadt of this year ??

I would love to see one !!!!!

GO KIM !!!!!!!!!!

Cilla
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:55 AM
So that's 12pm British Time-I'll be able to follow Live Scoring on the net :D

Go Kimmie! :bounce: :bounce:

Stefke
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:00 AM
:bounce: GO KIMMY!!!! :bounce:
:fiery: We want revange for the USOpen!!!!:fiery:

Kim_for_number_1
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:12 AM
beat her in 2!!!!!! :cool:
and win this tournament:kiss:
I know you can :bounce:

Primula
Oct 12th, 2002, 12:46 PM
can someone give the score at the moment please??

Sarah
Oct 12th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Mauresmo won the first set : 3-6
Clijsters won the second set: 6-3
C'MON KIM, you can also take the third set!!!:bounce: :bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Kimmie's back at nnumber 5:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Back where she belongs:angel: :angel:

Stefke
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:41 PM
CLIJSTERS-mauresmo: 3-6 6-3 7-5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)
Take the titel Kimmy:bounce: :bounce:

Sarah
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Kim won the 3rd set. She was down 0-3, then its was 1-3, 2-4 and 3-5. She broke Mauresmo to take 4-5...;)
Then it was 5-5, and our Kimmy just finished off Amelie by taking every other game left....... 7-5!

Well done, Kim!!! Great fighting spirit!!
I'm sure you'll win your next tournament tomorrow...
Thumbs up!

Oct 12th, 2002, 02:44 PM
:)

NaturalBlues
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:46 PM
PHEW!!

At one point it was 2-5 and the board was getting really slow.. Hopefully they'll broadcast the final live tomorrow!
:bounce:

Bigkimfan
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Great victory Kim!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!!!!

Oct 12th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Is anyone able to translate the interview?

keta
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:52 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D KIMMMMMMMY!!

:hearts: :hearts: Back at 5 again!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oct 12th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Kim 3-6 6-3 7-5 :)

Serendy Willick
Oct 12th, 2002, 02:56 PM
I am soo happy for Kimmy! She better win this tomarrow! she so deserves it! worst draw in the tournement and to come through like this! A NEW PORSCH IS COMMING YOUR WAY KIMMY!

Filip!
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:00 PM
... and #5 again in the ranking :D

Kim_for_number_1
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:01 PM
jep, she really deserves to win this, beating myskina (majoli) davenport and mauresmo, waw.......

Filip!
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Whatever the result tomorrow will be, I'm so proud for Kim!!!

This draw was almost a mission impossible... but Kim just did it :cool:

Oct 12th, 2002, 03:02 PM
*attends the party for a few minutes just to make an appearance*

Sorry everyone, I'm going to bed. it's the early hours of Sunday morning here. Congratulations Kim:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tarah
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:03 PM
great third set

Filip!
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:09 PM
I thought the match was over when it was 5-2 for Mauresmo...

But then, she did the "impossible", she made 5 points to win the match!!!!!!!

Wowowowowowwwww Kim is g-r-e-a-t...

nolwenn
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:35 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounc e: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm so happy !!

GOOD LUCK KIM 2morrow :D :D

nolwenn
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Kim !!

What a comeback!!:D :D

Come-on-kim
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:54 PM
CONGRATS KIM

Come-on-kim
Oct 12th, 2002, 03:55 PM
CONGRATS KIM

Lleykimmy1
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Well done Kimmie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!¨¨

I knew that you could win. You belong to the top 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW, GO KIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Come-on-kim
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:06 PM
CONGRATS KIM NOW WIN THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cilla
Oct 12th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Well Done Kimmie :kiss: Take the title tomorrow :kiss:

Back in her rightful place :D :D

Elleke
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Clijsters reached the final of the 26th Porsche Tennis Grand Prix

Kim Clijsters (Belgium) won against Amélie Mauresmo (France) in an exciting semifinal match, 3:6, 6:3, 7:5. The players battled for two hours 21 minutes for the right to play in the final of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix 2002. Belgium's Clijsters - she played in the 2000 final of the Filderstadt WTA tournament - is now the favourite to drive off with the Porsche Boxster S on Sunday. On her way to the final Clijsters beat last year's winner Lindsay Davenport (USA).

Kim Clijsters: "I'm not thinking of the Porsche yet. I'm just trying to concentrate on my game. If I will win on Sunday, it'll be great."

Elleke
Oct 12th, 2002, 05:57 PM
I have a question! does Kim speak german in her interviews there?

Majo
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:17 PM
yeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!!!!! kim's back!!! (as if she's ever been away... :rolleyes: ) love ya girl and good luck in the final!!!!!

Frau Antje
Oct 12th, 2002, 06:18 PM
wow, congrats Kimmie :bounce:

btw, she saved one matchpoint ;)

Stefke
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:35 PM
4 the belgians: Is there any broadcasting of the final tomorrow?

kit
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Good luck against Hantuchova tomorrow!!@korn kim speaks english in the interviews.:bounce: :bounce:

Bigkimfan
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Stefke
4 the belgians: Is there any broadcasting of the final tomorrow?

No, I don't think so!!! Terrible, isn't it???

Bigkimfan
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:09 PM
I found a great pic of Kim!!!

Stefke
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Aren't they broadcasting it on the German tv?

ClijstersHewitt
Oct 12th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Some articles regarding the SF:

Clijsters swoops into Filderstadt final

FILDERSTADT, Germany (Reuters) -- Kim Clijsters saved a match point and swept the last five games to claim a place in the final of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix with a 3-6 6-3 7-5 win over Amelie Mauresmo on Saturday.

The sixth-seeded Clijsters will now play eighth-seed Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia who beat unseeded Russian Elena Dementieva 6-3 6-2.

Clijsters took an early lead against Maruesmo, breaking for 2-1, but the Frenchwoman immediately responded and swept to a 5-2 lead.

In the second set, Clijsters again took the first break, to love for a 3-1 lead, and although Mauresmo pulled the break back in the next game she netted a forehand that gave the Belgian another decisive break for 4-2.

In the final set, Clijsters struck the ball more powerfully and consistently but the fifth-seeded Mauresmo won the important points to build up a 5-2 lead.

The Frenchwoman held a match point at 5-3 but Clijsters fired a blistering return that forced a volley error from Mauresmo.

Mauresmo then lost her serve and failed to win any of four game points at 5-5 before Clijsters broke again with a winning forehand and closed out the match to love.

The Belgian, gaining revenge for defeat by Mauresmo at the U.S. Open this year, said: "I was happy with my mentality out there today.

"At the beginning my back was a bit sore and I think I was worrying about that a little too much instead of focusing on my tennis.

"But I was able to shrug that off and just play as well as I could and not make as many unforced errors as I did at the beginning."

Clijsters will face Hantuchova in final

FILDERSTADT, Germany -- Kim Clijsters fought off a match point and won the last five games to beat Amelie Mauresmo 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 Saturday and reach the final of the Porsche Grand Prix.

Clijsters next plays Daniela Hantuchova, who eliminated Elena Dementieva 6-3, 6-2 in just over an hour in the semifinals.

Clijsters, who will move from No. 9 back up to No. 5 in next week's rankings, lost to Mauresmo in the U.S. Open's fourth round.

"I was hoping to get revenge for the U.S. Open,'' said Clijsters, cheered on in the stands by her boyfriend, Wimbledon champion Lleyton Hewitt. "I've had a bit of a cold, but I feel great after these three tough sets.''

Mauresmo led 5-2 in the final set, then served for the match at 5-3 and held a match point. But Clijsters erased that by whipping a return at the Mauresmo's feet as the Frenchwoman charged the net. Mauresmo's resulting volley landed out.

Clijsters, Hantuchova reach final at Porsche Tennis GP
October 12, 2002

FILDERSTADT, Germany (Ticker) - Sixth-seeded Kim Clijsters of Belgium and eighth seed Daniela Hantuchova of Russia on Saturday advanced to the final of the $625,000 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.

Clijsters, who is seeking her second title of the year, overcame fifth-seeded Frenchwoman Amelie Mauresmo, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5. The 19-year-old Clijsters defeated Venus Williams in the final of the Betty Barclay Cup in May and was runner-up at Stanford and Tokyo.

Clijsters rallied from a 2-5 deficit in the third set and avenged a loss to Mauresmo in the fourth round of the U.S. Open.

"I was thinking about our match at the U.S. Open and I didn't want to lose another close one," Clijsters said. "I don't have that much of a problem with her spin, but at the start she was playing more aggressive that I was and I wasn't steady enough. The level was so high from both of us and at the end, I didn't even realize that I saved a match point. I'm really happy to be in another final."

Frau Antje
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Stefke
Aren't they broadcasting it on the German tv?

it's at 2 pm live on DSF

Lleykimmy1
Oct 12th, 2002, 10:51 PM
GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FINAL KIMMIE !!!

I HOPE YOU'LL LEAVE FILDERSTADT DRIVING A PORSCHE BOXTER !!!

I'M SURE YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

spiritfullfrog
Oct 13th, 2002, 01:04 AM
what time is she playing?

Oct 13th, 2002, 07:20 AM
2pm Filderstadt time. Go to http://www.wtafans.com/porchegrandprix.html to work out the time difference

Oct 13th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Spiritfullfrog, I just noticed that you're from Sydney. It's @ 10pm

spiritfullfrog
Oct 13th, 2002, 08:49 AM
thanks

Cilla
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Hi :wavey: I was wondering if anyone could save the netcams of Kim from the final today, normally I wouild do it but it's not possible for me to follow the live scoring on the net today :sad:

Here is the address http://www.hot.ee/dokicmedia/webcam.html

Thanx in advance :kiss:

:wavey:

Stefke
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Frau Antje

it's at 2 pm live on DSF

I don't know that !!!!
No live report for me!!:sad: :sad:

Elleke
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Hayden's_Sheila
Hi :wavey: I was wondering if anyone could save the netcams of Kim from the final today, normally I wouild do it but it's not possible for me to follow the live scoring on the net today :sad:

Here is the address http://www.hot.ee/dokicmedia/webcam.html

Thanx in advance :kiss:

I'll try!!

Filip!
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:40 AM
This is so stupid!
A Belgian girl plays in a final, and it's not broadcasted in Belgium!

It seems to me like the Belgian press doesn't like tennis... They only say negative things, like "Kim is going to fall out of the Top 10" (that was a headline in a newspaper a week ago when she dropped to #9) & articles like that...

When a Belgian girl is going to play a final or something, they just say a few words about it & they don't even broadcast it today... I'm frustrated !!!

Bigkimfan
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:41 AM
So la2 or rtbf isn't gonna broadcast the final??
:sad:

katie124
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:03 AM
I feel the same frustration Kim-Juju!
They should at least broadcast the match in relais.

Frau Antje
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:47 AM
I will tape the match for my collection, so if anybody of you wants to have it, feel free to contact me

Sarah
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:14 PM
She won, she won.... !!!:bounce:
Sweet taste of victory...
Congratulations, Kim!:kiss:

Bigkimfan
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Kim won!!!!!!!!!! Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 13th, 2002, 03:19 PM
4-6 6-3 6-4 Congratulations Kim.
Any pics...of Kim alone or Kim with Lleyton?
No TV broadcast here and the net cam thingy was offline :(
...but GO KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oct 13th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Will she keep the car, trade it in, or kindly donate it to me :p?

KaseyL
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:26 PM
so happy!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Peridotpixie
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Frau Antje
I will tape the match for my collection, so if anybody of you wants to have it, feel free to contact me

Do you think you could tell us what Kim said when she was interviewed after the match? Our source in the Lleyton forum did her best, but, alas, she doesn't speak German. :) Thanks!

Frau Antje
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:44 PM
well, she spoke about her cold that she is feeling better now. And she spoke about her self-confidence (as she had to play three close three-set-matches in a row).
And then there was a rumour that Kim always eats the same every evening when she had won a match. And she told that she has eaten Spaghetti Bolognese the whole week (lol)

Frau Antje
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Kimmie :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Come-on-kim
Oct 13th, 2002, 03:56 PM
CONGRATS

angele87
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:01 PM
KIMMIE :kiss:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Frau Antje, did Kim say anything about Lleyton?
:confused:

kit
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:02 PM
The match was fantastic!!I'm so happy!!:angel:
:bounce: COME ON KIM!!:bounce:
Good luck next week!:)

tarah
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:07 PM

Kim looks so cool at the porsche ;)

Hawk
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:15 PM
:kiss: Congrats:kiss:

Now my heart can have a rest after 3 close 3 setters in a row!

Mercury Rising
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Congrats Kim, amazing tournament :D :bounce:

Frau Antje
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by angele87
Frau Antje, did Kim say anything about Lleyton?
:confused:

no

cyberix
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Congrats to Kim. I understand Kim drove her new Porsche around the court. Where can I get a picture of that .
:lick: :lick: :lick:

KaseyL
Oct 13th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by cyberix
Congrats to Kim. I understand Kim drove her new Porsche around the court. Where can I get a picture of that .
:lick: :lick: :lick:

Hi Cyberix! welcome here!

I have just posted car pics :D in the new pics thread!

*Bubbles*
Oct 13th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Congrats to Kim and all her fans! :D
This was a great tournament and I was very impressed with Kim's performance, she did a great job! :D

duck
Oct 13th, 2002, 08:11 PM
I don't think this has been posted yet.

Teen sensation

Clijsters escapes Hantuchova to win Porsche GP
Posted: Sunday October 13, 2002 1:17 PM

Belgium's Kim Clijsters celebrates after defeating Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova in Sunday's final. AP
FILDERSTADT, Germany (Reuters) -- Belgium's Kim Clijsters battled her way to a 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over eighth seed Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia to win the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix on Sunday.

Both players struggled to stamp their authority on the 1-hour, 55-minute match, and the outcome hung in the balance until sixth-seeded Clijsters broke to lead 5-4 in the final set when a forehand down the line from Hantuchova landed just wide.

"With having a cold, I don't know how I've been able to finish off the match," said Clijsters, who is playing doubles with Hantuchova next week in Zurich.

"I was feeling it in the third set. My legs were feeling very tired. I was missing a lot of returns as well.

"But I told myself it was the last match and to just go for it. I put everything I had into it, but if I had lost that game to go 5-4 down, I think it would have been a totally different story."

The first set went to Hantuchova after three consecutive breaks of serve left her leading 3-2, but she had to hold off break points in her next three service games before taking the set.

The second set also produced a flurry of breaks. With Clijsters leading 2-1, only one point was held on serve in the next four games, before the Belgian broke a third time in the set to lead 5-3 before taking the set in the next game.

In the final set, Clijsters broke to lead 1-0 but the Slovak leveled at 4-4 when Clijsters hit her sixth double fault.

In the ninth game, Hantuchova was broken again after holding three game points, and Clijsters served out the match to claim her second title of the year. Her first was also on German soil, in Hamburg last May.

For Hantuchova, who has the consolation of entering the top 10 for the first time on Monday, it was her second final this year after she claimed her maiden career win at Indian Wells in March.

"I'm really disappointed because I thought I had a really good chance to win this match, especially in the 4-4 game in the third set when I was 40-15 up," said Hantuchova.

"But I've had a great time here, especially getting to the top 10 for the first time. It's something really special and I'm very excited about that."

The encounter between the two 19-year-olds was the first all-teenage final in the 25-year history of the tournament, although the youngest final was in 1984 when 15-year old Steffi Graf played 21-year old Catarina Lindqvist.

Lleykimmy1
Oct 13th, 2002, 09:41 PM
CONGRATULATIONS KIMMIE FOR YOUR GREAT WIN AGAINST DANIELA !! HOPEFULLY YOU'LL DO AS WELL IN ZURICH THIS WEEK !!! GO KIM WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!

Scotso
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Congrats Kim :D

FroggyLight
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:20 PM
*passes milk* ;)

Congrats Kimmy :D

Cilla
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by FroggyLight
*passes milk* ;)

Congrats Kimmy :D

lmao! :p

Congrats Kimmie darling :kiss:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cilla
Oct 13th, 2002, 10:35 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Kimeke! :bounce: :bounce:

budgirlbz
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:13 PM
is there any pic showing kim and lleyton when she won????

KaseyL
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by budgirlbz
is there any pic showing kim and lleyton when she won????

there must be imo, but so far 0... :sad:

Can't believe that not one person, professional or just a fan, wouldn't have made a pic of them.

KaseyL
Oct 14th, 2002, 03:44 PM
I made this wrap-up of what Kim said to the German media:

- Lleyton will go with kim to Zurich, straight from Filderstadt
- they asked again when the dreamwedding will take place, she said that it is hard to get married when both on tour, and that they are both still young
- she also said that it doesn't mind to her what other players say about her
- and that she tries to keep her expectations not too high, to stay with both feet on the ground. She doesn't feel like she is a star, she said, that for her as a person nothing has changed
-and that she loves to do autographs for the fans

KaseyL
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Wrap-up of what was in the Belgian news:

Kim said:

(summary and translation by Ingrid)

”I was very nervous towards the end, as Hantuchova is such a great player. My nerves have been tested quite a bit this week, though. I usally can control them, like with the match ball against Amélie.
I am astonished that I am still standing on my feet after the three matches I was in the last 48 hours”, she smiled. “I am exhausted. As soon as I have had the opportunity to do a small tour on the court with the Porsche, I won’t like anything else than to sleep in the seats of the car.
I am really very proud that I have done this. I have fought with all I had, ad while I even was suferring from a cold. I was even not sure if I would be able to finish the match!
And this tournament is so well-organised for all of us players; it is one of my favourites.
That what makes me the most happy, is that I was able to improve my game the whole week, to quite a high level. I felt very tired in the third set but I told myself that it was necessary to give it all before being able to enjoy a few days of rest until Zurich.”
(sources: La Libre, De Standaard, De Morgen, Belang v Limburg)

Furthermore, she said that she looks at Lleyton after a point, that it helps her. She also added that he was tired and a bit sick and would be with her in Zurich.

lleytnkim
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Thanks for all the articles and information everyone! :)

Here's one more article from yahoo about Kim's win over Momo!

Clijsters fights off match point to beat Mauresmo and reach Porsche Grand Prix final

Sat Oct 12,11:00 AM ET

FILDERSTADT, Germany - Kim Clijsters fought off a match point Saturday to beat France's Amelie Mauresmo in a three-set thriller and reach the final of the Porsche Grand Prix.

Clijsters gained revenge for a loss at the U.S. Open (news - web sites) to Mauresmo in beating the fourth-ranked Frenchwomen, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 at the dlrs US$625,000 event.

The 19-year-old Belgian, who will move back to No. 5, charged back from 2-5 down in the final set in a two-hour match in which every point was fiercely contested as the spectators clapped and cheered.

"I was hoping to get revenge for the U.S. Open," Clijsters said. "I've had a bit of a cold but I feel great after these three tough sets."

She will play world no. 11 Daniela Hantuchova, who had an easy time in beating Russia's Elena Dementieva, 6-3, 6-2 in 63 minutes.

The Slovakian reached her second final, winning her first title at Indian Wells. Against Dementieva, she had lost all three of their meetings.

"I"m so happy. I lost three times against her, so it was great to win here and reach the final," Hantuchova said.

Clijsters faced match point while trailing 3-5, but whipped Mauresmo's hard deep serve at the Frenchwoman's feet when she charged the net. Mauresmo's resulting volley missed the backline.

Clijsters had plenty of support for her comeback with her boyfriend and men's world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt sitting in the stands, along with father Leo, a former soccer great.

"I always look up at Lleyton after points. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Having him there, my father, the support is great," said Clijsters.

Clijsters led Mauresmo 5-4 in the final set at the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open, but lost 7-5.

She was in trouble again after dropping a 12-minute first game of the final set in which Mauresmo twice warded off her break chances while serving three aces and three double faults.

Mauresmo then took a 3-0 lead in the set, but the fierce battles over every game continued until Clijsters finally broke her serve to climb back into the match at 3-5.

Clijsters first made a splash on the tour two years ago at the Porsche Grand Prix, beating three top 10 players as a qualifier before losing the final to Martina Hingis. She has steadily climbed the rankings since then and reached No. 3 in March before a shoulder injury threw her back.

She entered the event ranked ninth.

Stefke
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by lleytnkim

"I always look up at Lleyton after points. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Having him there, my father, the support is great," said Clijsters.

Oooooooooooooooh, that's so sweat!!!!!:angel:
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Stefke
Oct 14th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Way to go Kimmy!!!!:) :bounce: !!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:Go and kick some asses at the Swisscom-Challenge:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

lleytnkim
Oct 14th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Congrats Kimmy! :kiss: :kiss:

Hawk
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:56 AM
I don't think this article has been posted yet.

Clijsters the comeback kid

FILDERSTADT, Germany -- Kim Clijsters captured her eighth career title at the Porsche Grand Prix here yesterday, charging back from a set down to beat Daniela Hantuchova, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4.

Clijsters needed two hours before the Slovakian netted a forehand return to end the match at the $625000 event, where she also came back from a set down in ousting France's Amelie Mauresmo and Lindsay Davenport.

Afterwards, the Belgian player chose a new Porsche sports car for winning instead of $97000. -- Sapa-AP

I know it pretty much say the same as the rest but I just love the title :D That perfectly describes Kim this week..the comeback kid! :D

pcabenojar
Oct 15th, 2002, 05:52 AM
I'm so happy Kim won and now she's back at no. 5 in the rankings...not to mention she has to beat Davenport, Amelie & Daniela in tough 3 setters. (I did notice that in all these matches Kim lost the first set.)

Regarding her prize money, I think if she indeed chose the porsche, it's the car & part of the prize money (which is $97,000) & not the car alone.

I've read somewhere that the winner can either choose the total prize money OR the porsche & part of the prize money.

Kim is playing doubles with Daniela in Zurich. I hope they make a great team.

I'm just wondering, why didn't Kim & Jelena play together? After Leipzig, looks like Jelena is sticking with Petrova.

KaseyL
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Thanks, Lleytnkim and Hawk!

Re the prize: it's the car and a part of the prize money, or the prize money in full.

KaseyL
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:33 AM
The DSF video highlights of Kim vs Dani are online now! :bounce:

check following link:

Best view - > option ADSL: (353 K/sec)

mms://193.159.244.9/kirchnewmedia/knm-w001//de/Tennis/2002/finaleClijsters_wmt_adsl.asf

option ISDN: (60 K/sec)

mms://193.159.244.9/kirchnewmedia/knm-w001//de/Tennis/2002/finaleClijsters_wmt_isdn.asf

enjoy! :) :) :)

(btw the match of Kim vs Majoli is still online too, link in this thread)

duck
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Thank you!

NaturalBlues
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:18 PM
I´m a little confused: I read at the board that Kim chose the car instead of the money but yesterday I bought a newspaper (het nieuwsblad) and they said that Kim will not keep the porsche because she has a contract with mitsubishi. :confused:

KaseyL
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:24 PM
My wrap-up of articles and Kim's interview following Filderstadt victory:

(this, and more, will be put on the website of Kim as soon as possible)

A Porsche and a kiss for Kim.

Kim Clijsters overcame Hantuchova and a cold to triumph at Filderstadt.

The world was okay for Kim this Sunday.

A kiss from longterm boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt, a car key from main sponsor Porsche, and a tennisracquet made of marchpane for dad Leo, rewards for the victory in Filderstadt.

In the final she overcame a loss in the first set and beat Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 in a duel that lasted 1 hour 55’ to win the prestiguous Porsche Grand Prix for the first time.

Lleyton Hewitt celebrates with Kim

Her Australian partner in life Lleyton Hewitt, the ATP world number one, celebrated together with Kim. Lleyton, sitting next to her father Lei, was the first one to congratulate her. Her 8th career title brought Kim Clijsters also an anthracite-coloured Porsche Boxster S, a gift from the main sponsor.

A top quality match

Only two years ago, at her first appearance in Filderstadt, Kim Clijsters had received a tennis lesson from Martina Hingis (world number one at that time) and went down in the final with 0-6, 3-6. But the daughter of the former Belgian football player and Red Devil Leo Clijsters was the dominant player this time, proving a remarkable and strong character.

In front of 3000 people the favourite acted first of all with her powerfull game, and some impatience, against Hantuchova who encountered big problems with her serve in the second set and went down by the power tennis of Clijsters in the third.

Kim Clijsters, the oldest daughter of Leo Clijsters, is with her remarkable relaxed nature an exceptional star in the world top. She likes to give autographs (“I love to do that for fans”), doesn’t feel at all like she is a star (“For me, as a person, nothing has changed.”) and doesn’t care much for what other players say about her: “I don’t care what the other players think about me. I also try to put my own expectations not too high at all, to stay always with both feet on the ground in each area of life.”

Kim will improve her ranking and retake her place in the top 5 through this victory. She will travel to Zürich, taking her boyfriend in tow. Hewitt skipped the Madrid tournament to be with his Kim. “He is tired, like so many players at the end of the year, a bit sick and will take a week off,” Kim explained.

She certainly doesn’t want to hear of a dreamwedding between serve and matchball yet. “It is hard to get married as long as one is still active in the tour. And we are still very young, though.”

Kim said about the match that brought her victory:
”I was very nervous towards the end, as Hantuchova is such a terrific player. My nerves have been tested quite a bit this week, though. I usally can control them, like with the match ball against Amélie.”

“I am astonished that I am still standing on my feet after the three matches I was in the last 48 hours”, she smiled.
“I am exhausted. As soon as I have had the opportunity to do a small tour on the court with the Porsche, I won’t like anything else than to sleep in the seats of the car.”

“I am really very proud that I have done this. I have fought with all I had, had a tough match yesterday, while I even was suferring a bit from a cold. I was even not sure if I would be able to finish the match!”

“After a point, I look at Lleyton. That really helps me.”

“I had a bit of a cold this week, but my family and Lleyton have nursed and pampered me wonderfully!”

“ I have eaten Spaghetti bolognese the whole week, because I am a bit superstituous, and hoped that it would be bring me luck. Now I look forward to something else for a change!”

“That what makes me the most happy, is that I was able to improve my game the whole week, to quite a high level.”

“I felt very tired in the third set, my legs were feeling very tired. I was missing a lot of returns as well. But I told myself it was the last match before being able to enjoy a few days of rest until Zurich, and that it was necessary to give it all ,to just go for it. I put everything I had into it. But if I had lost that game to go 5-4 down, I think it would have been a totally different story."

“This tournament is so well-organised for all of us players; it is one of my favourites.”

(Text summarized, edited by Ingrid, all translations German-English, Dutch-English by Ingrid)

(sources: Belgian newspapers La Libre, De Standaard, De Morgen, Belang v Limburg, and German press agency dpa, sid, and Stuttgarter Zeitung, Süddeutsche Zeitung.)

KaseyL
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:03 PM
That Kim actually took the car instead of the money wasn't reported anywhere than in one small article, I think.

But you're right re Kim not taking the Porsche.

She has taken the $ 97000 instead of the car.

I would have been surprised if she actually would have taken the car, as she is still sponsored by Mitsubishi and got a car from them last year, to name one major reason.

This is the text you're referring to:

(source: De Standaard, October 15, 2002, quick translation: Ingrid)
Dad Lei said: "We have asked how things went and apparently we could choose: the car or the money. It was a 911 Boxster and it appeared that it is less worth than the prize money.
Lindsay Davenport however took the car last year, but then it was a Carrera, with a value higher than the prize money."
Dad Leo also asked the tournament organisors explicitly not to use the pic of Kim with the Porsche for publicity reasons (Kim has a contract with Mitsubishi). "We can't stop it as official photo of the tournament", he admits. "But it should only be used for that purpose then."

END ARTICLE

Oct 15th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by pcabenojar

I'm just wondering, why didn't Kim & Jelena play together? After Leipzig, looks like Jelena is sticking with Petrova.

Maybe Kim is looking for a doubles partner who will play at the Australian Open

Cilla
Oct 15th, 2002, 02:45 PM
“ I have eaten Spaghetti bolognese the whole week, because I am a bit superstituous, and hoped that it would be bring me luck. Now I look forward to something else for a change!”

LOL @ Kimmie & her superstitons :D I remember she said once in an article that @ RG 2001 when she got to the final she kept going to the same restaurant everyday because she was superstious and it drove Lleyton & everyone else mad :p

A kiss from longterm boyfriend Lleyton Hewitt
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Still no pic :sad: :mad: When you want to photographers to actually take a great pic they can't do it :rolleyes: :fiery: :sad:

Hawk
Oct 15th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Yeah seriously! Where is the kiss pic!! Someone must have taken something :(

budgirlbz
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:45 PM
YEAH..WHERE IS THE KISS...SOMEONE HAS IT...GIVE IT UP!

lies
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:07 PM
HELP!!!!! I can't see the video!?!My videoplayer does work(at least I think so) caus I've just seen the Lleyt footy show-video.
Can someone please help me?

:sad: :confused: :(

Liesje:kiss:

angele87
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Thanks for all the articles Ingrid :D :kiss:

valentine
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:19 PM
where did you see the lleyt footy-show???
I:eek:

billybizar
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:15 AM
That's odd. I always thought she could keep the money AND the Porsche.

Pfff! What's the use then offering such a posh car and displaying Kim in it when it's not even decided who is going to own it? Ok, I know now it's a clever marketing stunt but I thought Porsche had more class.

I hope Kim will play in Moskou instead of Filderstadt next year.

Oct 16th, 2002, 01:28 AM
Quite often players don't keep the car when they win a tournament. Serena Williams said in a recent interview that when she wins a car, she trades it in, so this seems to be a common marketing stunt for car companies

Oct 16th, 2002, 01:39 AM
It was on a few months ago. There is stuff up on the website about it. He was on there last year too

http://footyshow.ninemsn.com.au/afl/

billybizar
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:46 AM
Why don't the car companies give the car as a bonus? Don't tell me they can't afford it, it should be the cherry of the cake imo.

No trade ins or choosing dilemma's when you win three times in five years the WTA Antwerp tournie: you will become the owner of a golden/diamond racket, value: 1 million EURO. Now, that's what I call a fair prize! ;)

Oct 16th, 2002, 02:44 AM
I agree that it sucks. Kim deserved the money and the porsche for beating so many highly ranked players