PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic to stay with Adidas until the end of her career!

mb011
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Says so on her website. She is the youngest athlete to sign a clothing deal for the rest of her career. Financial details remain unknown... Ana is "excited" (as always).

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Says so on her website. She is the youngest athlete to sign a clothing deal for the rest of her career.

That's like what... three, five months?

Beny
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
^^ :haha:

Hope she stays around a BIT longer :D

Marcell
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Ivanovic signs career-long Adidas deal

Basel, Switzerland - Ana Ivanovic may have gone 0-3 in weekend Fed Cup play as Serbia lost to 3-2 to Russia, but the one-time French Open champion proved she's still a star with sponsors after signing a lifetime deal to stay with adidas clothing.

The former number one player who now stands 23rd as she fights to lift after a year-long slump, will wear the German "three-stripe" gear for as long as she stays in the sport, her management team announced Monday.

Ivanovic joins Andy Murray as recipient of a recent contract with the firm. The company lost world number two Novak Djokovic when his contract expired prior to the start of the 2010 season.

Officials said that Ivanovic, 22, will become a brand ambassador for the company, the youngest-ever athlete - male of female - to sign an agreement of this length.

"I'm very proud to wear adidas for the rest of my career. Adidas has helped me immensely over the last few years by providing me with great products and unique services off the court including the adidas Player Development Program," said the Serb

"This long-term contract extension means a lot to me and was a logical decision." - Sapa-dpa

Sectumsempra
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Oh well, at least she's getting money from somewhere

kikiriki
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Addidas lucked out big time

iPatty
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I guess they don't want another Djokovic situation. Smart move in theory by Adidas, but seeing how her career is going I'm not sure if there will be a big rush for young girls to buy the clothes Ivanovic wears.

Costanza
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:58 PM

I wonder who was a sponsor of GOAT Kournikova?
Could you remind us,please?

GracefulVenus
Feb 8th, 2010, 01:11 PM
will Adidas stay with her though...

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 8th, 2010, 01:18 PM
will Adidas stay with her though...

They signed the deal as well, no?:;)

thegreendestiny
Feb 8th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Great. At least she could feed herself in the mean time. What was Adidas thinking?

miffedmax
Feb 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM

I mean c'mon, with a straight line like that...

You do kind of have to wonder, though. With Justine back, Caro in the stable and Kiri suddenly looking like a good investment why they were so hot and bothered to lock Ana up? Of course, cheap shots aside, Anna K sold a lot of clothing long after she'd ceased to get results, and I still see as many girls at tournaments dressed like mini-TOBs as ever, so maybe they know what they're doing.

Hell, I even saw a racket with a photo of Agnes Szvay on it. It didn't even have a caption telling who she was. I mean if some manufacturers think your average American girl (and it was a junior racket) is going to swoon and say to Mom or Dad "OMG, I want this one, AGNES SZVAY plays with it!!!!!" :weirdo: I mean some of the marketing decisions around this sport...

(Not that I have anything against Agnes, but geez, if you wanted to sell rackets in Europe I doubt you'd stick Melanie Oudin's photo on it).

sammy01
Feb 8th, 2010, 02:56 PM

You do kind of have to wonder, though. With Justine back, Caro in the stable and Kiri suddenly looking like a good investment why they were so hot and bothered to lock Ana up? Of course, cheap shots aside, Anna K sold a lot of clothing long after she'd ceased to get results, and I still see as many girls at tournaments dressed like mini-TOBs as ever, so maybe they know what they're doing.

Hell, I even saw a racket with a photo of Agnes Szvay on it. It didn't even have a caption telling who she was. I mean if some manufacturers think your average American girl (and it was a junior racket) is going to swoon and say to Mom or Dad "OMG, I want this one, AGNES SZVAY plays with it!!!!!" :weirdo: I mean some of the marketing decisions around this sport...

(Not that I have anything against Agnes, but geez, if you wanted to sell rackets in Europe I doubt you'd stick Melanie Oudin's photo on it).

it could sell well with the people thinking it was an insect swatter lol

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I wonder if it was for the 100 milion her camp was trying to get.
It amazes me how these girls that win nothing (eg Hantuchova etc) get these long-term contracts but someone like Venus Williams (who I can't stand but still) couldn't get a major deal. fascinating.

Patrick345
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:03 PM
See. Now she can stop pretending to care and train. She fucked Adidas out of millions and can go Vaidisova on them. What a bunch of morons. :lol::lol:

Patrick345
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Well, I would assume the parents just went into a shop and picked that racquet, without having the fucking slightest idea who or what a Szavay is. :lol:

Corswandt
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Agi :hearts:

I noticed photos of Monfils being used in racquets during his Mug Years, and also images of Myskina as late as 2007.

But a racquet I saw back in 2007 with photos of LaLo and PHM in it sure takes the cake.

thegreendestiny
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
It amazes me how these girls that win nothing (eg Hantuchova etc) get these long-term contracts but someone like Venus Williams (who I can't stand but still) couldn't get a major deal. fascinating.

Venus and probably even Serena is difficult to sell in Europe and Asia. It is unfair but that's how it had been and that's how it is even now. They're not as open as America.

Corswandt
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I guess they don't want another Djokovic situation. Smart move in theory by Adidas, but seeing how her career is going I'm not sure if there will be a big rush for young girls to buy the clothes Ivanovic wears.

Nole left Adidas for Sergio Tacchini, right?

My guess is that Adidas saw a chance of securing GOAT Ivanovic at a bargain price when compared to what an exclusive lifetime deal with Dan Holzmann her would have cost say a couple of years ago.

sammy01
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Venus and probably even Serena is difficult to sell in Europe and Asia. It is unfair but that's how it had been and that's how it is even now. They're not as open as America.

lol like there is any western country more repressed than america. :o

Carsten
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:13 PM
she must be very cheap or adidas must be very stupid :lol:

miffedmax
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Well, I would assume the parents just went into a shop and picked that racquet, without having the fucking slightest idea who or what a Szavay is. :lol:

People just going into stores and pulling shit off shelves at RANDOM???!!!!

That's the end of the fucking WORLD!!!

Do you want me and my children to STARVE???? Massive marketing and advertising campaigns have to drive every purchasing decision...otherwise I have NO REASON TO LIVE!!!!!:sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
well done Ana!:D

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM

My guess is that Adidas saw a chance of securing GOAT Ivanovic at a bargain price when compared to what an exclusive lifetime deal with Dan Holzmann her would have cost say a couple of years ago.

This is like the only logical explanation to otherwise very bold move by Adidas.

tenn_ace
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:20 PM
wow Ivanovic camp really is scared for her career. I mean what if the girls wins a golden Slam in 2012? I guess, they are not giving her any chances...

iPatty
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Correct. Although given that the only Noletards are Serbians and a few others scattered around the world like myself, I doubt Adidas was making that much off of him anyway. I haven't seen anyone using that racquet of his (besides Groenefeld).

And I'm sure she was quite cheap. Sven probably gave her the low offer and then promised it would improve her results. Kind of like moonballing and rushing the net.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM
And I'm sure she was quite cheap. Sven probably gave her the low offer and then promised it would improve her results. Kind of like moonballing and rushing the net.

:haha:

FORZA SARITA
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM
adidas :o stupid move :lol:

well done Ana!:D

you're back :eek:

Costanza
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:53 PM
All of Ana's usual haters are here:spit:
Anci:worship:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 8th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Adidas outfits will have less exposure than Stella McCartney with Kirilenko if Ana doesn´t get it together

goldenlox
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:00 PM
It says something about how these companies sell product.
Both Ivanovic and Sharapova are slumping, maybe for the rest of their careers, but these companies want them for years

miffedmax
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
If they really wanted to sell product, they would hire ME!!!! Me, me, me!!!!!

Curtos07
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Little off-topic, but according to Matt Cronin on twitter, Ana will be appearing in the upcoming SI Swimsuit issue.

@TennisReporters: One more Ivanovic: hear she's going to be in upcoming SI swim suit issue

Shouldn't she be focusing more on tennis? :shrug: Not that I would have a problem looking at it. :lol:

As for Adidas, I am surprised by this move but happy Ana will be remaining there for the rest of her career. I love Adidas. :hearts:

gaviotabr
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Ana signed this contract at the end of 2008. Why they released the info now is a question mark to me.

And I hope she doesn't go modelling bikinis around.. That would just prove how clueless her team is about the present moment of her tennis career. :o:tape::help:

gaviotabr
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:02 PM
By the way.. the adidas store here is pure Ana. There are pictures of her all over the store.. only of her, nobody else. And the biggest tennis store here, which is huge, has 5 big windows, each with a wall sized poster of a tennis player: Ana, Sharapova, Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. So even with the crappy results, she must still sell.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:07 PM
And I hope she doesn't go modelling bikinis around.. :

Ana in bikini photoshoots :drool:

Instead of showing us her current ugly tennis , she will show us the best of her at this moment

spiritedenergy
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Adidas outfits will have less exposure than Stella McCartney with Kirilenko if Ana doesn´t get it together

i doubt they care much about tennis outfits, they use her in their campaigns and as gaviotabr says in stores ads etc.

It's funny to see how many haters hate on the fact that even if she sucks she has better deals than pretty much anybody else:lol:

watchdogfish
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Ana signed this contract at the end of 2008. Why they released the info now is a question mark to me.

And I hope she doesn't go modelling bikinis around.. That would just prove how clueless her team is about the present moment of her tennis career. :o:tape::help:

Maybe it's just to show everyone, and perhaps even Ana, that they're sticking by her despite her slump and that they're confident she can turn it around.

gaviotabr
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Maybe it's just to show everyone, and perhaps even Ana, that they're sticking by her despite her slump and that they're confident she can turn it around.

Maybe.. that would be a nice reason. :yeah:

goldenlox
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:44 PM
adidas has Justine and Nike has Serena.
So they can market the glamazons in a different way, if they don't win more majors

*JR*
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Little off-topic, but according to Matt Cronin on twitter, Ana will be appearing in the upcoming SI Swimsuit issue.

Shouldn't she be focusing more on tennis? :shrug:
Yes, but manager Dan Holzmann cares more about money, whatever (legal) that its for.

Aaric
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:49 PM
:scared:
Risky choice by adidas

Ferg
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Well she needs insurance for when shes playing qualies after Indian Wells. :shrug:

miffedmax
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Shouldn't she be focusing more on tennis? :shrug: Not that I would have a problem looking at it. :lol:

As a certified Ana hater, I'll skip that issue. Unless we get a triple feature like last year. :drool:

On the other hand, maybe fans like you should take heart. I mean, Kiri poses, and year later she has some of the best GS results of her life.

On the other other hand, haters can take heart. Dani and Tati posed and well...

dscho99
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Says so on her website. She is the youngest athlete to sign a clothing deal for the rest of her career. Financial details remain unknown... Ana is "excited" (as always).

Not much risk for adidas, those one or two years.

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Well she needs insurance for when shes playing qualies after Indian Wells. :shrug:

:haha:

Princeza
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM
All of Ana's usual haters are here:spit:
Anci:worship:

Lepa Brena hasn't entered yet :cheer:

youizahoe
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I see her playing even worse than now, bc of this, she doesn't even need to bother and play to keep her main sponsor :tape:

Uranium
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Couldn't get a major deal? With reebok she got one of the highest paid deals for any woman athlete. She left them to have her own clothing line.

DontGetItTwisted
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Adidas are "businessmen" and clearly know their job better than your ass do. Get yo money girl!

Mightymirza
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
hmm well that cud be until end of this year :tape: if she keeps on playing the way she is now :smash: Cmon ana get it together!@

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Couldn't get a major deal? With reebok she got one of the highest paid deals for any woman athlete. She left them to have her own clothing line.

from everything I read, she didn't have a choice. Reebok wasn't enthusiastic about resigning her and I don't recall any of the other major companies knocking themselves over to sign her. for someone of her status, there should have been a bidding war.

DontGetItTwisted
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
from everything I read, she didn't have a choice. Reebok wasn't enthusiastic about resigning her and I don't recall any of the other major companies knocking themselves over to sign her. for someone of her status, there should have been a bidding war.

Exactly what I was going to say. :rolls: C'mon Uranium, let's keep it real. They prolly offered some monkey money to Venus but her delusional self thought she was worth more than that so she left, after whoring the same outfit in different shades for like 3 years:tape: :lol:

She's still my girl but I'm done with hiding the truth and approaching the stuff with an angle than doesn't make her look bad. We all know that was prolly what really happened:lol:

Costanza
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
As a certified Ana hater, I'll skip that issue. Unless we get a triple feature like last year. :drool:

On the other hand, maybe fans like you should take heart. I mean, Kiri poses, and year later she has some of the best GS results of her life.

On the other other hand, haters can take heart. Dani and Tati posed and well...

As a certified Demented hater, i'm glad that you will skip that issue:kiss:

Andy.
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:43 PM
They're Brave.

Uranium
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Exactly what I was going to say. :rolls: C'mon Uranium, let's keep it real. They prolly offered some monkey money to Venus but her delusional self thought she was worth more than that so she left, after whoring the same outfit in different shades for like 3 years:tape: :lol:

She's still my girl but I'm done with hiding the truth and approaching the stuff with an angle than doesn't make her look bad. We all know that was prolly what really happened:lol:

I know, after 2003 the outfits sucked with the same plain dress with a big solid line near the waist. But now Reebok is practically done since they have Peer and who, Vaidisova?:lol: But they would have rather have had Mauresmo and Jankovic, but oh well.

DontGetItTwisted
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I know, after 2003 the outfits sucked with the same plain dress with a big solid line near the waist. But now Reebok is practically done since they have Peer and who, Vaidisova?:lol: But they would have rather have had Mauresmo and Jankovic, but oh well.

I know right? Somebody must have got fired with the agressivity :rolls:

donniedarkofan
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
post of the year

LCS
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:49 PM
it could sell well with the people thinking it was an insect swatter lol

OMG :lol: :spit: :haha:

LCS
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:50 PM
As a certified Demented hater, i'm glad that you will skip that issue:kiss:

Yeah Ana can't beat Elena :awww:

Cakeisgood
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:27 PM

exciting actually.

Corswandt
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Correct. Although given that the only Noletards are Serbians and a few others scattered around the world like myself, I doubt Adidas was making that much off of him anyway. I haven't seen anyone using that racquet of his (besides Groenefeld).

On the ATP, there isn't much room for anybody else but Federer and Nadal. There's Murray and his built-in UK fanbase, and everybody else pretty much fighting for crumbs.

I don't think Nole has the following that one could expect, considering what a fun, intelligent man he seems to be; I remember that when he was here at the Estoril Open in 2007, he kept going out of his way to please the crowd, but the locals didn't warm up to him all that much.

:devil:

But seriously, the driving force behind this was probably Holzmann.

I was just thinking today: put Holzmann and Daddy Wozniacki down in a pit. Then roll Ratwanska in glue, cover her with 500 € bills and thrown her down into the pit as well.

thenj
Feb 8th, 2010, 11:10 PM
good for her

Seyz
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:10 AM
It depends on how much she was paid if that was a smart deal or not I suppose.

Illusionist
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:26 AM
At least she'll wear good clothes until the end of the career :shrug:

Ryan
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Maybe they think like me....what goes down, must come up! Right? Please? She cant get any worse, can she? :sobbing:

M.P
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Ana is still more sellable then Justine Henin or Dinara Safina or Daniella Hantuchova or Flavia Pennetta

Slutiana
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I think the reason Venus didn't have a sponsor was more a case of Venus wanting another crazy record breaking deal back then even though she was out of the top 10. :lol: And also her ambitions as a designer.

On the ATP, there isn't much room for anybody else but Federer and Nadal. There's Murray and his built-in UK fanbase, and everybody else pretty much fighting for crumbs.

I don't think Nole has the following that one could expect, considering what a fun, intelligent man he seems to be; I remember that when he was here at the Estoril Open in 2007, he kept going out of his way to please the crowd, but the locals didn't warm up to him all that much.

:devil:

But seriously, the driving force behind this was probably Holzmann.

I was just thinking today: put Holzmann and Daddy Wozniacki down in a pit. Then roll Ratwanska in glue, cover her with 500 € bills and thrown her down into the pit as well.
You know, I think that Murray's popularity over here is kinda overrated. Bar the losers we see every year at Wimbledon trying to dress up as himI don't think he's really more popular than Novak at all. He's a poor, poor substitute for Timothy. And I think being at Adidas won't have the same kind of effect as the Fred Perry&Andy Murray partnership had. I think that was an awful move by Adidas to replace Nole with Andy. If Nole gets his results together I think he definitely has a chance to become extremely popular worldwide because of his popularity. Especially now he's the new World No.2. :bowdown: And French Open '10 Champion!!!!

JohnBoy
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I suspect that when her contract was up for renewal her management team would have been selling her to other apparel companies with no success - hence them offering her for much less money and for a longer period of time.

I'd think the financial terms would be in adidas favour!

The Witch-king
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I think the reason Venus didn't have a sponsor was more a case of Venus wanting another crazy record breaking deal back then even though she was out of the top 10. :lol: And also her ambitions as a designer.

You know, I think that Murray's popularity over here is kinda overrated. Bar the losers we see every year at Wimbledon trying to dress up as himI don't think he's really more popular than Novak at all. He's a poor, poor substitute for Timothy. And I think being at Adidas won't have the same kind of effect as the Fred Perry&Andy Murray partnership had. I think that was an awful move by Adidas to replace Nole with Andy. If Nole gets his results together I think he definitely has a chance to become extremely popular worldwide because of his popularity. Especially now he's the new World No.2. :bowdown: And French Open '10 Champion!!!!
some of the things you say are just :help: next time don't bother :hug:

The Witch-king
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:19 AM

it's called the "truth" when you actually know what happened. Otherwise it's just speculation. :shrug:

MaBaker
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:27 AM
lol, cruel.

Brena
Feb 9th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Lepa Brena hasn't entered yet :cheer:

Here I am. But I don't find any enjoyment in hating on Baby Anči right now. I'm still traumatised by her matches in Fed Cup. :weirdo: I was honestly cheering for her, especially in the match with Alisa. :weirdo:
I can hate on Costanza a little though. :hearts:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM

you've got a better chance of escaping some of those clauses for bonuses etc where you have to pay the player chunks of money for their continued success: more success in slams etc the more the brand is out there = the more money they pay you...

ana = in a slump and hasn't proved she can come out of it so yea they'll sponsor her but she probably won't be raking in the most she probably could with the contract...

compare that to serena's sister who you have seen slumping but has still won slams despite being written off :shrug: her name alone will put the brand in the spotlight so you've definitely got to dish out more for her PLUS her winning...

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
you've got a better chance of escaping some of those clauses for bonuses etc where you have to pay the player chunks of money for their continued success: more success in slams etc the more the brand is out there = the more money they pay you...

ana = in a slump and hasn't proved she can come out of it so yea they'll sponsor her but she probably won't be raking in the most she probably could with the contract...

compare that to serena's sister who you have seen slumping but has still won slams despite being written off :shrug: her name alone will put the brand in the spotlight so you've definitely got to dish out more for her PLUS her winning...

and people call me a hater :o :spit:

thegreendestiny
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:43 PM

So mean. You're gonna hear from Uranium. :lol:

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM

no doubt. and a few others...:lol:

sammy01
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:47 PM
all makes sense now, anne k has left adidas so that must free up the extra $25 a year to buy ivanovic in her current form :tape:

LudwigDvorak
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:55 PM
The end of her career. :drool:

thegreendestiny
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM

:haha: :bounce:

Uranium
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:58 PM

I don't care what that bitter bitch says. She is just such a sour bitch that Venus beat Serena at Dubai. GET OVER IT. Now she is a hater. Please, she has called Venus Cheatus, Penus, the other williams. Calling her Serena's sister is a good thing. She is classless. And may I just say calling Venus cheatus still has me laugh considering had Venus not challenged, Serena would have won a point she shouldn't have since that ball was clearly out and the time is at the discretion of the umpire, so not Venus' fault or problem.

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:19 PM

Now that she's withdrawn from Dubai -- I told ya so.

Costanza
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:29 PM

With GS title&No.1 spot:drool::hearts:
Demented's end of career,on the other hand:crying2:

MaBaker
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:36 PM
With GS title&No.1 spot:drool::hearts:
Demented's end of career,on the other hand:crying2:
Don't be mean sweetie. It's not Demented's fault Ana is falling apart :hug: