PDA

View Full Version : Ajla Tomljanovic turned pro

Karolina_Sprem
Feb 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Young 16 years old Ajla who trained in Evert tennis academy (coached by Rene Gomez) has decided not to play juniors anymore...
Ajla already won 25K itf tournament this year and improved her ranking by 50 places.Her current ranking is 246.
Ajla is going to have a debut at wta tour soon. She received wild card for memphis tournament, also her team asked for wild card in Indian Wells & Miami. Still waiting for the answer...

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 7th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Young 16 years old Ajla who trained in Evert tennis academy (coached by Rene Gomez) has decided not to play juniors anymore...
Ajla already won 25K itf tournament this year and improved her ranking by 50 places.Her current ranking is 246.
Ajla is going to have a debut at wta tour soon. She received wild card for memphis tournament, also her team asked for wild card in Indian Wells & Miami. Still waiting for the answer...

If there is one thing we should have learnt following tennis over the last 10-15 years it is that early success is no guarantee of a long fruitful career. The tour has been littered with young starlets zooming up the rankings at 15,16 and 17 years old only to burn out before they reach their 20th birthday. It is a pretty common (and sad) story.

I only say that as a warning. Tomljanovic thus far is looking good and her results are promising indeed. I certainly wouldn't blame any fan of Croatian women's tennis for getting quite excited just about now. She could potentially be a star for many years to come. But it is probably best to be a little on the cautious side too. Nothing is for sure in this sport. Still, as things stand she is a very exciting young up and coming prospect and I wish her the best. :)

Potato
Feb 7th, 2010, 11:58 PM
^Agreed. We don't want another Michelle Larcher de Brito.

tennismaster8820
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:10 AM

That will not be her WTA debut, I guess you only heard of her recently.
She played first round of Indian Wells last year and lost to Angela Haynes.

Noctis
Feb 8th, 2010, 01:20 AM
TBH I wasn't impress with Her :( Saw her at Liverpool last year. she lost to a untalented player
will it's an exhibition.But I don't see her been danger unless she gets some weapon

Mateo Mathieu
Feb 8th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Good luck :unsure:

This won't do her any good.