PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Almodovar

Mina Vagante
Feb 7th, 2010, 05:21 PM
He is just amazing. His films leave me feeling speechless !

He puts such a different spin in films than the typical spanish ones. They're so hard-hitting.

i've just finished watching ' La Mala Educacion ' :worship::worship::worship::worship:

oliverbecken
Feb 7th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Agree :yeah:

Mina Vagante
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Agree :yeah:

On to ' Hable con ella ' now :worship:

Nacho
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I like "Hable con ella" "Todo sobre mi madre" & "Volver"

OTOH I find "La mala educacion" & "Los abrazos rotos" rather awful :help:

M2k
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:58 PM
The Law of Desire is one of his better ones.

Mattographer
Feb 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios) is my favourite Almodovar movie :worship:

I saw the latest Almodovar movie Broken Embraces (Los abrazos rotos) last Friday night and I was disappointed. It wasn't good.

Bayo
Feb 8th, 2010, 01:44 AM
I think La mala educación is his best work.

I've had four friends see Los abrazos rotos and they're split. Two recommend, the other two were disappointed. I'll have to decide for myself soon.

Tripp
Feb 8th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Such an amazing director :hearts: And I just love the fact that he's never been tempted to go to Hollywood despite his talent and success.

"Volver", "Todo sobre mi madre" & "Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios" are my all-time favourite films of him.

Talita Kumi
Feb 8th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Such an amazing director :hearts: And I just love the fact that he's never been tempted to go to Hollywood despite his talent and success.

"Volver", "Todo sobre mi madre" & "Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios" are my all-time favourite films of him.

"mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios" :sobbing: "kika" :sobbing: "tacones lejanos":sobbing:"Atame!":sobbing:

Talita Kumi
Feb 8th, 2010, 02:31 AM
tqJ9263FA-Y

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Cool guy

He always root for Rafa in Madrid . That is a plus :D

LoveFifteen
Feb 8th, 2010, 05:52 AM
I loved Los abrazos rotos. Volver is my favorite of his films. He is truly amazing. :hearts:

WowWow
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Pedro :inlove:

P-516Lc3IWk

La flor de mi secreto is my fav :)

propi
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:15 AM
He puts such a different spin in films than the typical spanish ones. They're so hard-hitting.
If only that thing existed... Spanish cinema is as wide as its directors' minds, you can find big variety in hard hitting films if that's what you like ;)
My Pedro faves are Carne Trémula, La mala educación, Volver and so on... his darkest films.
Los abrazos rotos is a great film, what surprised me the most is the maturity Pedro reaches work after work, and no doubt, LAR is the top of that cinematographic evolution (technically speaking, then you may or maynot like the film, but compare it to Pepi, Lucy, Bom...)
But then of course, I'm not neutral with his films, heck, I even made an oral presentation about his works for my French class some years ago, should try to find it, maybe I could re read it :lol: )

galadriel
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I love Almodovar and his movies :D

Dandy_Warhol
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Pedro is one of my favorite directors!:worship:

propi
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:41 AM
From Volver OST, a very catchy song by Saint Etienne... A good thing, with images of the film :)
_ENL6WUxAK0
Enjoy :bounce:

Princeza
Feb 10th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Fantastic director, I love almost all of his movies.
High heels & All about my mother are my fave though.