PDA

View Full Version : Safina can't train the next 12 days

croat123
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM
they are interviewing her and krajan right now on croatian tv before the zagreb final

goldenlox
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:42 PM
She should take as much time as she needs.
She showed in Melbourne that her back is not ready for a full tournament.

Serenita
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:45 PM
hope she gets back soon

Mistress of Evil
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Poor Safina

HRHoliviasmith
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:07 PM
poor girl. she should take off as muc time as she needs. she's probably putting a lot of pressure on herself. :hug:

2moretogo
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Get well Safina!!!

tennis-insomniac
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Dina :(

gmak
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Dinara :sad: :tears: :hug:

Matt01
Feb 7th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I wish Dinara a good and fast recovery :hug:

van£ss
Feb 7th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks for that little information ! I've heard she was over there during the first set :)
Only 12 days ? Hope it's enough .

PlayByPlay
Feb 7th, 2010, 06:12 PM
She needs to rest up. A player has to take a break sometime. Rigorous training won't help no one.

hurricanejeanne
Feb 7th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Dina :hug:
Do we know what the exact injury is?

van£ss
Feb 7th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Dina :hug:
Do we know what the exact injury is?

Safina suspicion of second crack in the spine
29/01/2010
TENNIS

Second racket of the world Russian Dinara Safina, who last Sunday due to injury was unable to complete the match 1 / 8 final of Australian Open against Maria Kirilenko, passes medical examination.

- Now Dinara is in Croatia, where usually trains, - told the correspondent "SE" Rouse Islanova, mother and first coach Safin. - To fly to Russia it is considered inappropriate. It is assumed that it has a small crack in the right side of the lumbar spine. Before that Dinara was similar injury to the left side. While it is unclear why this happens and the time required for treatment and rehabilitation. It is also unclear where the treatment will take place.

- Apparently, for the Australian Open Dinara was prepared very well ...

- Yes, she worked a lot and said she wanted to one hundred percent. However, training and competition - two different things. At the lessons the coach gave her a gentle treatment. In addition, the training she tries not too cool. It is also possible that, protecting the left side of his body, Dinara handled right. Or just out of school early. Be that as it may, the reason for a new injury, as I have said, is unknown, so now his daughter in Croatia is a full survey for examinations. God grant that all ended well.

It seems like she has the exact same thing but on the right side this time :unsure:

Dorien.
Feb 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Dinara :hug: I hope for a speed recovery :hug:

hurricanejeanne
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM
It seems like she has the exact same thing but on the right side this time :unsure:

:unsure: That doesn't sound very good at all. I figured it had to do with her spine or her discs, but this just sounds awful. I really hope she takes the appropriate amount of time off to recover.

play2win_win4fun
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I feel really sorry for her. Back injuries are very difficult to heal and painful as hell. And her problem is very serious since the pain radiates down her legs. This, most of the times, means surgery.:sad:
Usually people who experience back problems never recover 100%. It will be very hard for her to continue to be a pro athlete and compete at the highest level. :sad:

youizahoe
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Dinara you better take out 6 months and strengthen/heal your back, cause you keep on making it worse each time :o

Midnight_Robber
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:35 AM
I wish you a speedy recovery Safina.

Roookie
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Dinara :hug:. Hope she recovers 100% before the clay season.

spartanfan
Feb 8th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Sounds to me like if she's not training for 12 days she may not be ready for IW and Miami too. But the injury does sound painful.