PDA

View Full Version : J.Jankovic def. S.Kuznetsova 63 46 63 !!! SRB-RUS 2-1

JJPower
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Lady JaJa :) She's back! Drama Queen is back!

Can Ana get the job done?

GrandMartha
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
well acted Jankobitch

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Srbija :woohoo: All eyes on Ana now :unsure:

Valanga
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM
28-63 for JJ 28-77 for Kuzzy:o

Hashim.
well done JJ:inlove:

#kArLoS#
Sveta:smash::(.Alisa better win now:armed:

Nicolas
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Jankovic!!!!! already celebrating with Serbian flag.... :worship: diva!

nicidle
well acted Jankobitch

what happened?

Just watched the 3rd and I thought JJ is playing well again.:confused:

InsideOut.

They counted forced errors too.

Well done JJ :worship:

rada
Jelena played some good tennis that first was just wonderful from her!

YAY Serbia

M.P
Ana please get your forhand together

Roookie
She's baaaaaaaaack!!!!!

:bowdown:

goldenlox
I thought Sveta would break in that last game, but those backhands looked very tired. She didn't want to keep going.

Oneofakind0490
Those are counting forced errors.

Andreas

They counted forced errors in that :wavey:

30-36 for Jelena
30-42 for Sveta

Great job, Jelena :hearts: Finally some indications on the 2008 version of Jelena :D

Valanga
5-5 in H2H

TheBoiledEgg
Sveta :banghead: :(

Vaidisova Ruled
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Jelena !!! I'm so happy. Does it mean that the slump is over?

Amazing week for JJ! I hope Ana wins

StZox
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:32 PM
The stats are clearly wrong.
No way they made so many errors. The match was far more of high quality than this.
Great job, Jelena.
Service, volleying and forehand - very good today!
Kuzzie is so nice!

дalex
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Bow down for The Goddess!!! :bowdown:

http://i46.tinypic.com/faotgx.jpg

Lucemferre

140 errors :help::spit:

Optima
:rolls: :rolls: @ them playing Lady GaGa.

Jelena! :banana: I hope this gives you even more confidence. Played well :hearts:

olivero
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:36 PM
:woohoo:
now I can forget about Aga's loss :D

delicatecutter
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Is Ana loses to Alisa, are Ana/Jelena the doubles team? :scared:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I only got to see the last half of the third set but I was once again very impressed with Jelena. Too early to say she is totally back but she has obviously played the best tennis this weekend she has played since 2008. And if Jelena can take this level with her for the rest of the year I wouldn't be surprised to see her back in the top three. Yeah, I know, that's a big if.

Kampi
Great win for our Jelena.:worship::kiss::worship:

GO JJ:bounce:

-NAJ-
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8568/jjks.jpg

Safe-From-Harm
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:40 PM
That's it JJ!
I just hope Ana will win now...

дalex
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:41 PM
:rolls: :rolls: @ them playing Lady GaGa.

"Bad Forehand" no more for Lady JaJa! :lol:

Bероника
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Disgusting :o

GO ALISA!! ;)

daniela86
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Wow I was very impressed by JJ s game :worship: I really hope she keeps playing like that :hearts: :banana: Well done JJ! :rocker: :rocker2: :cool:
Kuzzie :hug: She made some bad volleys on crucial points :help: but I thought she played ok overall.

Lacrish
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:45 PM
So happy for you,JJ :yeah:

BlameSerena
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:47 PM
OMG JJ! This is the best news.

Sorry Kuz :hug:

blueskye
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Jankovic did really well, she held her nerves when it mattered the most! Kuznetsova had to many unforced errors..especially in those final games of the third set.

Optima
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Jelena had more forehand winners than backhand winners :bolt:

hotandspicey
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Serbian crowd defeats Sveta. :hug:

terjw
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Well done Jelena - now c'mon Ana and finish those Russians off.

ys
Very predictable result. The way how close it was score-wise is another evidence of JJs not being in the best of forms.
I never thought that all that fuss about Kuznetsova playing/not playing was really big deal.
JJ is an excellent, proved indoors player.Kuznetsova is as poor of an indoors player as it can possibly get with a player of this caliber. Russia needed Sharapova, or Dementieva to challenge JJ indoors. Even Safina or Petrova would have been a better choice. Sveta has no chance really. Given the circumstances she played - for herself - very well. But the match was not as close as score suggests. JJ outplayed her for like 80% of the match.

Tough to explain why Sveta is so poor indoors. I've met players who have a problem seeing the ball well under artificial lights. She could be one of them .

Sveta lost this match primarily on return of serve, which was nothing like she normally returns , which could be indeed because she was not seeing ball well enough.

Ellery
Jelena :hearts: Amaze.

Sveta :hug:

*Jean*
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Wow, very strong week-end for JankaJanka. :hearts:
Too bad Ivanobitch is gonna blew everything. :sad: I hope Mircic or something is gonna win the doubles w/Jelena! :)

дalex
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM
http://i66.servimg.com/u/f66/13/76/43/96/44444410.jpg
http://i66.servimg.com/u/f66/13/76/43/96/x6103310.jpg

ChriS.
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:14 PM
140 errors :help::spit:You obviously did not watch the match! There were less than half this number of unforced errors.

tennis-insomniac
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Go Jelena she plays well Drama Queen is back Whoo Hoo!!

LadyB
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:19 PM
What happened to the back injury? :spit:

ChriS.
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Very predictable result. The way how close it was score-wise is another evidence of JJs not being in the best of forms.
I never thought that all that fuss about Kuznetsova playing/not playing was really big deal.
JJ is an excellent, proved indoors player.Kuznetsova is as poor of an indoors player as it can possibly get with a player of this caliber. Russia needed Sharapova, or Dementieva to challenge JJ indoors. Even Safina or Petrova would have been a better choice. Sveta has no chance really. Given the circumstances she played - for herself - very well. But the match was not as close as score suggests. JJ outplayed her for like 80% of the match.

Tough to explain why Sveta is so poor indoors. I've met players who have a problem seeing the ball well under artificial lights. She could be one of them .

Sveta lost this match primarily on return of serve, which was nothing like she normally returns , which could be indeed because she was not seeing ball well enough.Yes, the only reason the match went to three sets was JJ played conservatively on break points and Sveta played really well on break points. Sveta really did well to make it so close. JJ has to keep playing aggressive tennis and not keep switching to passive tennis when leading.

Just Do It
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM
:yeah:

Felt bad for Sveta though :(

Broseghini
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Sveta :o Alisa win now :banana:

Belmont Lad
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Awesome job JJ! :cheer::cheer:

SAISAI-GOAT
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:35 PM
JaJa :eek:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:38 PM
torn :awww: but congrats jj...:hug: sveta

maybe you can play like this is regular tournaments now jj??

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Lady Jaja only appears when it doesn't matter most.:( Fed Cup?:shrug: I'd rather see her play like that in a slam and I hope it will happen in the future.:unsure:

:cheer:

Sveta :( :shrug: :hug:

tennis-insomniac
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RW7ShxiEUw

few games from second set

-NAJ-
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Jelena is not working with Ricardo Sanchez anymore.

She will not hire so quick new coach, she is working alone

Mikey.
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Jelena had more forehand winners than backhand winners :bolt:

Some of those FH DTL return winners were scary :tears:

Uranus
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Flashes of the old Lady JaJa?
Always good to see :).

The Witch-king
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Sveta lost this match primarily on return of serve, which was nothing like she normally returns , which could be indeed because she was not seeing ball well enough.

:confused:
excuse my ignorance but what makes some players good at playing indoors, besides the ability to "see the ball under artificial lights"? :angel: really, i'm curious.

pokey camp
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Clutch JJ! Clutch. :cool: :yeah: I really do hope this sets the tone for her this season.

ys
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM
excuse my ignorance but what makes some players good at playing indoors, besides the ability to "see the ball under artificial lights"? :angel: really, i'm curious.

I am not sure I understand the question. What else apart from having to be a good tennis player capable to generally play
well on faster service? :confused: I don't know.. :)

Mlle Bruni
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Jelena is not working with Ricardo Sanchez anymore.

She will not hire so quick new coach, she is working alone

She is becoming the Federer of WTA. Too good. :bowdown:

Jose.
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Jelena :woohoo: Didn't expect at all :p
Nice job :worship:

The Witch-king
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I am not sure I understand the question. What else apart from having to be a good tennis player capable to generally play
well on faster service? :confused: I don't know.. :)

i mean what is it about Sveta that makes her bad indoors?
She won US open and that's a very fast court.

cn ireland
Feb 7th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Good win JJ:yeah:!

moby
Feb 7th, 2010, 05:40 PM
excuse my ignorance but what makes some players good at playing indoors, besides the ability to "see the ball under artificial lights"? :angel: really, i'm curious.Indoor courts tend to be faster (partly because of the surface), and there are less disturbances in the air from things like wind etc, leading to a more controlled environment. The sound of the ball coming off the strings is also amplified in an enclosed environment, leading to better feedback.

I think in general those who excel on indoors are immaculate clean (especially flat) strikers of the ball. The more controlled environment helps them time the ball even better than they normally would (while not benefiting their their opponents as much). And hearing the balls come off the strings and the court really helps.

Basically, it's not really good for players who rely on their athleticism rather than their technique to muscle the ball. Such as Sveta.
And Sveta is always going to have trouble with players who can hit skidding flat shots to her, a problem that is made worse on indoors.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 7th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Disgusting :o

GO ALISA!! ;)

And you're a moderator? The things you wrote in Sveta's forum are pitiful and speak volumes about yourself :wavey:

rickxx
Feb 7th, 2010, 06:35 PM
JJ:hearts: Didn't think she could win this one.Congratz to her and please start playing better!

Smoothstuff
Feb 7th, 2010, 06:55 PM
And you're a moderator? The things you wrote in Sveta's forum are pitiful and speak volumes about yourself :wavey:

I completely agree :o
I understand you're a huge Sveta fan but some of the things you said were pretty immature of a moderator :shrug:

Smoothstuff
Feb 7th, 2010, 06:58 PM

Agree with everything in this post :)

Safe-From-Harm
Feb 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Agree.
But hey, some people need to express they frustration and negativity somewhere.
This forum looks like a good place:tape::lol:

ce
Feb 7th, 2010, 07:34 PM
JJ played awesome :worship:
but even with 2 wins this week we still lost :sad:

rucolo
Feb 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Great win, Jelena!:hearts::worship:

Keep this good form up in next WTA tourns!;)

RUS vs SRB should have been the Final!:(

Hope RUS vs CZE in FED CUP Final!
Please Final with Maria Sharapova, Vera Zvonareva, Nadia Petrova and Anna Chakvetadze!:drool:
Win the FED CUP, Russia!

Brena
Feb 7th, 2010, 07:52 PM
JJ wasn't as amaze as yesterday but she was still :inlove:
Too bad Ana was so hopeless. :sad:

Jedna je Jelena
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I was in Arena and we made such a great cheerleading for JJ. And yeah,she was very impressive today. I like her technique sooooo much,sometimes you think she can hit the ball at same place for 1000 times .. :) Today was the real JJ,good serving,volleying,playing agressive,if she can keep up the good work,watch out WTA...Who ever was watching the match knows that Jelena outplayed Sveta in every and each aspect of the game and Sveta wasnt playing bad at all,simply JJ was the better one! And yeah,its true she's no longer working with Sanchez,she wants to be alone for some time,and I like the way it goes..She is smiling again !!! :)

Jedna je Jelena
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM
No one in Serbia really wants to blame Ana for our defeat ,for sure,but we really expected so much more from her. She practicaly owns Sveta,she had coming into this match 5:1 h2h lead over Sveta,and also she has beaten Kleybanova recently. No one really expected JJ to do such a great job,cause she had back problems, she never beat Kleybanova,she lost to her in their two previous meetings.Kuznetsova also had slight edge in her h2h with JJ,leading 5:4.. But JJ showed us all how you fight for your country :) And JJ is back !

KamilZ
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Sveta :sad:

but i'm really happy, that JJ won two matches in Fed Cup ;) She need it :) Great come back against Kleybanova, and good result today :) Congrats JJ! Keep it up!

goldenlox
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
They needed Sveta to win this tie. Alisa and Anastasia weren't going to do it.
This wasn't a high quality match, but Sveta has not played a great match yet in 2010.
She probably played as well as she did in her loss to Nadia, and all her AO matches.

Its good that she travels with Larisa. She loves Fed Cup and convinces Sveta its more fun to play FC than have practice sessions.

justine schnyder
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Shame they lost the tie, but over all that was a pretty good weekend for Jelena.
Very good win over Kuzzy and another big comeback yesterday, keep the good form up :)

Marionated
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:50 PM
JJ :worship:

Slutati
Feb 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Jelena. :hearts::bowdown: