PDA

View Full Version : New Emerging Aussie Female Artist, tell me what you think

AUSBOY
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM
A friend of mine, Jess Harlen has just finished touring around Australia with Lauryn Hill, Sean Kingston, Shaggy, and before that a world tour with Blues King Brown, and is about to release her solo debut album next month,

Here is her new track, "I Go" I think its a pretty cool track, good chill music, she has an amazing voice, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOgOi-d8DM

Post your comments!

Here are her two other hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvBAXq2Vdhw&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuRiXQSQj0I&feature=channel

pov
Feb 7th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Shaggy??? As in "You're My Angel" Shaggy? That dude is still performing? Then again . . Lauryn Hill?

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Shaggy??? As in "You're My Angel" Shaggy? That dude is still performing? Then again . . Lauryn Hill?

Yes.
Shaggy is loved all around the world.
They especially love him in Belgium, don't ask me why.

The videos are beautiful.
She has this laidback soulful sound that displays what our society is missing compared to our ancestors, simplicity and the love of life.

Dodoboy.
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Who let Lauryn out?

AUSBOY
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Yes.
Shaggy is loved all around the world.
They especially love him in Belgium, don't ask me why.

The videos are beautiful.
She has this laidback soulful sound that displays what our society is missing compared to our ancestors, simplicity and the love of life.

Yeah Shaggy was very big in Australia, still has a cult following. Glad you like her tracks

~{X}~
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Sounds great actually, very smooth and enjoyable to listen to :D

Golovinjured.
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Blue King Brown :bowdown: I'll listen to your friend later, but Blue King Brown is :hearts:

AUSBOY
Feb 8th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Blue King Brown :bowdown: I'll listen to your friend later, but Blue King Brown is :hearts:
Hehe have you been to any of their gigs?

bad_angel_109
Feb 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM
never heard of her but she sounds alright. for a moment there i was thinking u were talking about delta :lol: - 'new artist' as in breaking in the US market

AUSBOY
Feb 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
never heard of her but she sounds alright. for a moment there i was thinking u were talking about delta :lol: - 'new artist' as in breaking in the US market

LOL Delta is a washed up mole! Thats the problem when you have one massively huge album, it kills your career, just look at Alanis Morrissette

Golovinjured.
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Hehe have you been to any of their gigs?

Yeah I have, they're amazing.

I just listened to some of her songs, I've heard two of them before on Triple J. I didn't know she was the singer in 'Don't Worry About Nothin'. That's awesome, I like her.

Aussie Hip Hop >>>

Illusionist
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Is this video for real :spit:
Nice tune, but the video :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Yeah I have, they're amazing.

I just listened to some of her songs, I've heard two of them before on Triple J. I didn't know she was the singer in 'Don't Worry About Nothin'. That's awesome, I like her.

Aussie Hip Hop >>>

I just started getting into Aussie Hip Hop just the other day. :lol:
I agree with what a lot of people say, it's a lot better than American hip-hop these days.

Hilltop Hoods rules!!! :worship:

AUSBOY
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Is this video for real :spit:
Nice tune, but the video :lol:

LOL well you try and make a music video with a budget of like $50, I think she did ok

Harvs
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:26 AM
not really my type of music but its an alright track, i like her voice, its kinda creepy..

dont like the the video... you know how some people are "cool different" (if that makes sense)... that just seemed "weird try hard different" :lol:

gorecki
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:32 AM
thanks for introducing us to her music :)
nice track to chill-out :cool:

i quite like the video. it reminded me of Marina and the Diamonds' I'm Not Robot with the initial 'dark face' in the video. :rolls:
love the head-dresses and face-paint :D
didn't get those constellation shapes until i paid more attention to the lyrics :rolls: nice.
:hatoff:

Golovinjured.
Feb 9th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I just started getting into Aussie Hip Hop just the other day. :lol:
I agree with what a lot of people say, it's a lot better than American hip-hop these days.

Hilltop Hoods rules!!! :worship:

The only thing wrong with it is that SOMETIMES they rely on samples a little too much, but other than that it's :hearts:

Urthboy is my favourite OZ hip hop artist, but Drapht, Muph & Plutonic, Hermitude, Astronomy Class, The Herd and Bliss n Eso are all good too.

AUSBOY
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM
The only thing wrong with it is that SOMETIMES they rely on samples a little too much, but other than that it's :hearts:

Urthboy is my favourite OZ hip hop artist, but Drapht, Muph & Plutonic, Hermitude, Astronomy Class, The Herd and Bliss n Eso are all good too.

I got more friends that are hip hop artists, have you heard of Diafrix? Check em out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXDqZnFpYdA

Or maybe you might recognise one of these ladies in Digital Primate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftFpvgIvUz4

SM
Feb 10th, 2010, 12:20 AM
LOL Delta is a washed up mole! Thats the problem when you have one massively huge album, it kills your career, just look at Alanis Morrissette
do not ever put delta goodrem and jess harlem in the same sentence again. ever. delta sold albums.

AUSBOY
Feb 10th, 2010, 12:27 AM
do not ever put delta goodrem and jess harlem in the same sentence again. ever. delta sold albums.

Well Jess hasn't realised an album yet so thats the dumbest statement I've ever read! :lol:

But at least Jess is on Rage every week, poor Delta's been blacklisted

Slutiana
Feb 10th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I thought you were talking about Jess Mauboy. :lol:

Not really my thing but this is cool. :)

Привет
Feb 10th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Well Jess hasn't realised an album yet so thats the dumbest statement I've ever read! :lol:

I think that was kind of his point, in that you probably shouldn't slag off an established artist when you're trying to get people to appreciate the work of someone who is barely known and yet to achieve anything like that of the other artist.

Golovinjured.
Feb 10th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I got more friends that are hip hop artists, have you heard of Diafrix? Check em out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXDqZnFpYdA

Or maybe you might recognise one of these ladies in Digital Primate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftFpvgIvUz4

Yeah I've heard of Diafrix. They're good, but not really my kinda thing. I like the more chilled out hip hop.

LMAO I had no idea who the girl was in that video. So I googled her, and she's from SYTYCD. :lol: I never watched that.

Привет
Feb 11th, 2010, 04:54 AM

Lol yes. I listened to Paper Aeroplane by Angus & Julia Stone lately and was like ":confused: This is a Bliss n Eso song..." :rolls: But obviously BNE used their song, not the other way round. It was funny though, coz all they did was take out the verses so they could rap. The rest was exactly the same! :rolls:

Harvs
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM

because she hasnt had any new stuff in ages. shes still one of the biggest and currently most successful artists in the country.

Golovinjured.
Feb 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I'll admit Innocent Eyes was an amazingly good pop record.

I actually met her in Brisbane once.

bad_angel_109
Feb 19th, 2010, 07:02 AM
LOL Delta is a washed up mole! Thats the problem when you have one massively huge album, it kills your career, just look at Alanis Morrissette:lol: