PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Paris Indoors draw...

ED fan forever
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM
(1)Dementieva-Bye
Benesova-Pavlyuchenkova
Srebotnik-Petkovic
Qualifier-(5)Rezai

(3)Wickmayer-Martik
Szavay-Govortsova
Oudin-Cirstea
Schnyder-(7)Razzano

(6)Peer-Cornet
Baczinskzy-Qualifier
Paszak-Safarova
Qualifier-(4)Schiavone

(8)Vesnina-Dulgheru
Garbin-Qualifier
Kleybanova-Coin
(2)Pennetta-Bye

Last year, this tournament had Serena, Elena, Jelena, Amelie:rolleyes:
They seriously need to consider moving this event back because obviously top players are boycotting it in droves. Elena probably wouldn't be here if Paris GDF wasn't one of her main sponsors.
I thought under the new roadmap, byes in the first round were a thing of the past unless there were certain other factors to take into account-GS or PM tournament taking place the following week. Last year there were no byes in either Sydney or Paris and this year the top 2 seeds have been giving byes at both tournaments:confused:
Hopefully Lena should be able to pick up title number 16 this week.:drool: A part of me want so see her beat Oudin along the way as well:devil:

Sammm
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Wickmayer and Rezai could be tough opponents for Elena in the quarters and semis, so I wouldn't bet on title number 16 straight away.

The draw in general is :sad: It used to be so tough to win a tier 2.

Uranium
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Didn't someone say Elena really wants to win here or something? If so, this is her chance:lol:

Sammm
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Didn't someone say Elena really wants to win here or something? If so, this is her chance:lol:

She likes Paris. I guess that's why. And RG might be out of her reach these days.

ED fan forever
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:53 PM

Well she's been playing here for donkeys years and after the heartache of losing such a close final last year, it'd be sweet if she could go one further than last year.
Does anyone know why they reintroduced first round byes? Did top players kick up a fuss bout it last year?

Uranium
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:53 PM
She likes Paris. I guess that's why. And RG might be out of her each these days.

Just checked and she has played this event every year since 2000 except 2005 and 2007:speakles: Hope she can finally win it:p

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I thought under the new roadmap, byes in the first round were a thing of the past unless there were certain other factors to take into account-GS or PM tournament taking place the following week. Last year there were no byes in either Sydney or Paris and this year the top 2 seeds have been giving byes at both tournaments:confused:

That's very good point. I was thinking the same thing. I don't like byes and I don't think they benefit the game.

Svetame
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM
My thoughts? I'm deeply upset because this draw does not feature Amélie.

Ferg
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Make the quarters Kata. :rocker:

nicidle
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Wickmayer and Rezai could be tough opponents for Elena in the quarters and semis, so I wouldn't bet on title number 16 straight away.

The draw in general is :sad: It used to be so tough to win a tier 2.

she beat these 2 handily last time when they met..

Sammm
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:21 PM
she beat these 2 handily last time when they met..

You're right. Both are in better form now though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a tougher match this time.

Williams 123
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Dementia needs a Williams to villafy herself as a victim.

NA-GOAT
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM
:yawn:

BORING draw :help:

nevetssllim
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Unfortunately the Paris Indoor tourney is heading in the same direction as the dodo... :sad: