PDA

View Full Version : Should I cuss out my teacher?

selesfan1
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:04 AM
Today in AP Language we had an intro paragraph and one body paragraph due. I didn't do it becuae I was so overloaded with AP US History Homework. So first she asked where is your paper I said " I don't have it can I bring it to... "No" she said IT'S EITHER NOW OR NEVER. I said fine then I don't have it she continued collecting papers until she was don she said no I'm going to give you all my bitch speech How Dare you all who didn't turn in the assignment insult me like this you are in a college level class. You arrogant people who think you are too good to do this work need to get out or accept my terms this isn't 10 th grade anymore. You all aren't all that the five of you that didn't do it you aren't all that and I know it so stop your arrogance and your stuck up attitude. I felt so offended by tihs. Yes it was irresponsible for me not to do my work and she has a right to be upset but what right does she have to call me arrogant and tht I think I 'm too good to do my work ?

So I was thinking of going to her tommorrow and saying I understand you were upset yesterday and all but you had no right to call us arrogant and stuck up. I prefer the first option but which do yo uthink is most effective?

ktwtennis
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:09 AM
Hey, just forgive and forget...Tell her you don't appreciate it...Hey, I'm in AP History too, but that was my only AP option since I'm only in 10th grade...

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:30 AM
damn.....AP history in 10th grade....sheesh they are starting the AP stuff early now. :o

Just give up and move on......its just one paper. :o

MartianJoeyWinson
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:35 AM
you really should have handed it in on time, would have saved you all this hassle.

but yeah tell her to shove the paper up her arse ;)

Crazy Canuck
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:37 AM
Telling the person who marks your work where to stick it, is likely not a good idea.

And she is right. I'm in university, and if I don't hand something in that is tough crap for me.

She may have been bitchy about it, but my advice is suck it up and move on.

AjdeNate!
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:43 AM
Whatever you do....be mindful that she is an authority figure. So handling it with class, calm demeanor, and without making up excuses is best. Just tell her that you didn't appreciate being called derogatory names in front of a large setting of your peers, whose respect you thrive for. If she has a problem with you, ask her to address you privately next time and you don't appreciate being publicly insulted. "I'm sorry I didn't do the work, I apologize, and I will try harder next time." is a very sufficient answer. Don't make up wild stories about being busy, etc... She really won't care. Also tell her that although you were at fault for not turning in the assignment, she really didn't need to be so insulting of your character in a such a humiliating matter and in such a large group of your peers. (Say peers, and respect a lot...it goes well).

So, just be nice, polite, but let her know that *you* think she was out of line. Make sure to do this one on one w/the teacher. When you first approach her, start with "I'm very sorry to trouble you, but would you be able to spare a few seconds of your time to speak with me." That sets a very nice/professional/polite tone.

MartianJoeyWinson
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:44 AM
She did over-react, which is wrong but, you have an agreement there, you should have handed the work in on time, teachers are under a lot of stress as it is, and well... to them you are making it worse for them. I wouldn't say anything, the only way to set the record straight is by handing in your work in future on time.

selesfan1
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:08 PM
Seles I did exactly what you said. i never complaine on how she reated because she had every right to be upset.I said Ms. D I'm sorry to bother you. You were upset yesterday and I understand that becasue after all we are in a college level cass. What I didn't like was that you called us arrogant with out reason because that wasn't the reason. she said well laziness is a form of arrogance because you didn't do th work because you feltthat wasn't important. I said well I just gave yo my opinion and that was all so I left and sh atted me on the back. But of couse this whole thig wasn't about her reaction i was about all the acusations of being arrogant. I think laziness is a lack of motivation not a form of arrogance but I wasn't going to argue there.