PDA

View Full Version : Any Fringies out there??!

Morning Morgan
Feb 4th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Anyone else watches the awesome show Fringe? :bounce:

saul1333
Feb 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Great show..I love the things it deals with :inlove:

Winter finale tonight :sobbing:

pov
Feb 4th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah.

Direwolf
Feb 5th, 2010, 12:39 AM
:hehehe::hehehe::hehehe:

I love the idea of it...
i just watched it a few hours ago

just watched the "Little Hill" part

:lol::lol::lol:

pov
Feb 5th, 2010, 12:44 AM
My one dislike with the show is the gratuitous(IMO) graphic lab scenes with Dr Bishop. I'm more into the mystery and intrigue, the "fringe science," and the characters and the dynamic between them.

miffedmax
Feb 5th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Not since I figured out it had nothing to do with Lena's fringe.

Morning Morgan
Feb 5th, 2010, 06:08 AM
LOL at miffedmax. You never know her fringe might be the underlying theme in the whole series.

But what I love about Fringe are the overarching themes present in the entire series, as well as solid extended storylines with so many questions that need to be answered. Of course, it's also so intellectual with the ghastly amount of easter eggs in each episode. And the acting is fantabulous, especially Noble (Walter Bishop)

HippityHop
Apr 3rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure that I'm liking the direction the show is taking with Peter being from the alternate universe and all. :(

Well, we'll see what happens.

saul1333
Apr 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I loved the retro intro for the first episode.

I wonder what Peter will do when he finds out he is from the alt. universe? Probably go nuts on Walter :lol:

Morning Morgan
Apr 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Still we have no idea why Peter is important.

HippityHop
Apr 6th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I loved the retro intro for the first episode.

I wonder what Peter will do when he finds out he is from the alt. universe? Probably go nuts on Walter :lol:

Of course we've all seen Peter's grave. But the last episode had Peter being kidnapped from the alternate universe and being perfectly congnizant of Walter not being Walter. If he was old enough to know that Walter was not Walter, why does he think that Walter is Walter? :unsure::bolt:

saul1333
Apr 6th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Of course we've all seen Peter's grave. But the last episode had Peter being kidnapped from the alternate universe and being perfectly congnizant of Walter not being Walter. If he was old enough to know that Walter was not Walter, why does he think that Walter is Walter? :unsure::bolt:

Too many Walters just blew my mind :lol:

True, Peter was aware that he is not with his real father, but it looks like they are building to a decision of Olivia telling Peter who he is and Walter trying to convince her not to.

By the commercials they make it seem the series is about to end :sad:

Morning Morgan
Apr 6th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Nope it's renewed for a 3rd season! So we're still safe. And Abrahms actually plan this to be a 6 season show.

saul1333
Apr 6th, 2010, 05:47 PM
That's good news..I don't know what I would do if anymore of my shows get the axe :sobbing:

6 seasons :eek: Hopefully because it is an awesome show.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 6th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I watched the first season and absolutely loved it. Sadly the next season is not available on dvd yet, atleast in the UK. :(

Morning Morgan
Apr 6th, 2010, 06:09 PM
^

There are always online episodes links. Try sidereel or something

HippityHop
May 21st, 2010, 02:37 AM
I knew that it was too easy. I knew it. I just hope that they don't write themselves into a corner and have to come up with something completely ridiculous.

saul1333
May 21st, 2010, 04:46 PM
I was racking my brain last night because the end seemed so familiar :mad: Then I remembered it was similar to how Burn Notice ended last season :D

Good finale..so no more Dr. Bell it seems :sad: I wonder if she will keep her cover and still solve cases for Fringe Division.

HippityHop
May 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM
I was racking my brain last night because the end seemed so familiar :mad: Then I remembered it was similar to how Burn Notice ended last season :D

Good finale..so no more Dr. Bell it seems :sad: I wonder if she will keep her cover and still solve cases for Fringe Division.

She'll be outed soon. She didn't get enough info from "our" Olivia to get by for very long. And the universes are really quite different.

As for the writing: When "their" Olivia said that she had to use a phosphorus grenade how did she know about it? Wasn't that something that Bell had not given to the Fringe division just like he had not given them the 77 pistol? When he gave it to "our" Olivia it seemed that it was still a work in progress. The writers need to be careful about those things. :(

On the other hand "our" Walter performed a major screw up by bring Peter back because he really jacked that other universe up. I'd be pissed at him too. :tape:

saul1333
May 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
Peter should be able to figure out it's Altlivia because he said that "our" Olivia's eyes were darker.

Yeah you're right..she shouldn't have known about the phosphorus grenade..good catch :yeah: Did you also catch that in Alt Universe it was Kentucky Grilled Chicken :lol: way healthier.

saul1333
Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:27 AM
Fringe moved to Friday..not a good sign.

I'll leave it on 3 tv's for some extra ratings

HippityHop
Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:40 AM
Fringe moved to Friday..not a good sign.

I'll leave it on 3 tv's for some extra ratings

Oh I don't know. They also moved my CSI:NY to Friday but DVRs rule. :bounce:

saul1333
Sep 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
New season starts tonight!! :)

penkku
Sep 24th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Loving it :D

Rocketta
Sep 24th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I do really like it but they did kind of lose me at the end of the last season but I'll give it a chance again this season. :yeah:

GoofyDuck
Sep 24th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, I watch it.. but on Dutch tv so I'm behind.. but I always try to watch it.

It's hard to follow though once you missed 1 or 2 episodes :)

saul1333
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM
New episode tonight :cheer:

GoofyDuck
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Have fun watching :angel:

saul1333
Apr 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
1 more season of Fringe (13 episodes) :)

HippityHop
May 13th, 2012, 12:03 AM
1 more season of Fringe (13 episodes) :)

Unfortunately it's the last.:sad:

I wonder how they are going to bring it all together at the end.

pov
May 13th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Unfortunately it's the last.:sad:

I wonder how they are going to bring it all together at the end.
Unless I'm wrong about next season, for me the show ended this season. I like the ending. :yeah: Next season seems like it's going to be based on the Observers invading Earth and, after all the amazing storylines they've explored, to turn it into an "aliens invade Earth" show just sucks IMO.

HippityHop
May 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Unless I'm wrong about next season, for me the show ended this season. I like the ending. :yeah: Next season seems like it's going to be based on the Observers invading Earth and, after all the amazing storylines they've explored, to turn it into an "aliens invade Earth" show just sucks IMO.

I agree. But that's kind of what happens when you start getting all of these different universes mixed up and and can't get people back to the correct one. You write yourself into a corner. :mad:

The only time that I've seen the multiple universe scenario resolved satisfactorily was on the episode of Star Trek TNG when Worf was bouncing around a bunch of different universes.

saul1333
Jan 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Last episode tonight :sobbing: