PDA

View Full Version : Which movie will win Oscar's 2010 Best Picture award?

Julian.
Feb 4th, 2010, 08:49 AM
The 10 nominees for 2010 Academy Award for Best Picture:
* The Blind Side
* District 9
* An Education
* The Hurt Locker
* Inglourious Basterds
* A Serious Man
* Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire
* Up
* Up in the Air

Boreas
Feb 4th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Another Avatar praising thread:yawn: You're getting predictable

How many times per day do you need to see the word Avatar? You're obssessed with this cartoon

eck
Feb 4th, 2010, 09:04 AM
2010 btw. :p
I hope it's Up, but even I know that's a long shot.

Julian.
Feb 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Another Avatar praising thread:yawn: You're getting predictable

How many times per day do you need to see the word Avatar? You're obssessed with this cartoon

How did I praise Avatar with this thread? :cuckoo::confused:

The frontrunner for this award is 'The Hurt Locker' btw, not 'Avatar'.

Julian.
Feb 4th, 2010, 10:01 AM
2010 btw. :p
I hope it's Up, but even I know that's a long shot.

But the award is for 2009 movies

delicatecutter
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hopefully THL. I've had enough of this Avatar crap.

Ryan
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:27 PM
But it's the 2010 Oscars.

Dandy_Warhol
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2gv33iq.jpg
SERIOUSLY

Princeza
Feb 4th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Hopefully not Avatar.

LoveFifteen
Feb 4th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I have to admit that I would love to see Inglorious Basterds win. I loved that movie! :hearts:

shirley
Feb 4th, 2010, 03:29 PM
the hurt locker

jefrilibra
Feb 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Please take this Hurt Locker.

Monzanator
Feb 4th, 2010, 04:05 PM
If Avatar wins I'll go :cuckoo: This would be the worst winner since the English Patient & Titanic back-to-back fiasco :(

darkchild
Feb 4th, 2010, 05:06 PM
You should have made this public poll.
Anyway, I will go with Precious, though I have not watched The Hurt Locker yet.

Aaric
Feb 4th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Not Avatar.Please.

^bibi^
Feb 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Anything but Avatar :scared:

LoveFifteen
Feb 4th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I need to go see The Hurt Locker.

saul1333
Feb 4th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Don't think Avatar is Oscar worthy..but Hurt Locker is :inlove:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 4th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I think Avatar will win, but i hope The Hurt Locker can pull an upset :bounce:. The Hurt Lockers director Kathryn Bigelow is odds on fave to win Best Director :yeah:. I think she'd be the first woman to ever win the Oscar for Best Director :D. Ida Lupino would be so proud ;) :bounce:

Ferg
Feb 4th, 2010, 06:53 PM
The Hurt Locker. The only thing it has lost so far is the Globe and everyone knows thats the worst award ceremony is existance. Even the stars know it, thats why they always get drunk there, to cover up its shittiness.

Avatar (highest grossing movie ever) and Inglourious Basterds (SAG winner, actors highest voting % in the academy) also have chances.

Personnaly I want Basterds to win, but would be equally delighted with The Hurt Locker. Kathy Bigelow is gonna win Director anway.

Morning Morgan
Feb 4th, 2010, 08:01 PM
You forget that the Academy are huge chauvanistic pigs. That may hurt Bigelow a bit.

Andrew Laeddis
Feb 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Avatar, HL and IB are the only ones with a shot.

PalomaPiccaso
Feb 4th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Anything but that overrated big budget do-over of Dancing with Wolves/Smurfs/Pocahantas. I admit the special effects were out of this world but the story is just so predictable, the characters are one-dimensional, the story is sappy!

Its still much better than Titanic, now that movie was just awful. It was the cheesiest, most unrealistic(nothing to do with the real disas, 4 hour long bore-fest. I swear, I wanted that boat to sink after the first 15 minutes. I love Leo and Kate but I wanted that boat sunk. I swear apart from Aliens and a few others James Cameron is in the business of Popcorn movies.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 4th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I hope Precious comes through with a shock win!

Julian.
Feb 5th, 2010, 12:13 AM
But it's the 2010 Oscars.

OK, changed. :)

young_gunner913
Feb 5th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I hope Inglorious Bastards wins but I voted for the Hurt Locker cause I think they will pull the stunning upset on overrated Avatar. :bounce:

égalité
Feb 5th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Probably Pocahontas Ferngully Avatar. Unfortunately.

I mean, I loved Avatar, but I went into it expecting stunning visuals accompanied by a totally vapid storyline. And that's what it was. Not Best Picture, sry :D

I would like to see Inglourious Basterds win, just to make up for Kill Bill's inexplicable lack of nominations. :sobbing:

Or Precious.

Ferg
Feb 5th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I hope Inglorious Bastards wins but I voted for the Hurt Locker cause I think they will pull the stunning upset on overrated Avatar. :bounce:

It wont be an upset though! Anything other then The Hurt Locker but be an upset. :angel:

ptkten
Feb 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM
It wont be an upset though! Anything other then The Hurt Locker but be an upset. :angel:

This, THL has become the favorite with all of the guild victories and the fact that it picked up noms in unexpected categories like best score. The backlash against Avatar began early and at this point I would probably rate it as the third likeliest winner behind thl and Inglourious Basterds because of the preferential voting. I could be wrong but the lack of acting or screenplay noms, while unsurprising, show there wasn't some undetected groundswell of support for the movie overall.

As for who should win, I'm probably one of the few who loved all three, for different reasons but I think the best was Inglourious Basterds.

Julian.
Feb 5th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Avatar isn't even the favorite to win. So it won't even be an upset if 'The Hurt Locker' wins as it's the clear frontrunner right now.

delicatecutter
Feb 6th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I think I heard that THL is already out on DVD. I need to put that to the front of my Netflix ASAP!!

young_gunner913
Feb 6th, 2010, 11:45 AM
For those who saying The Hurt Locker is the front runner, yeah I thought the same thing until it was screwed over at the Golden Globes. Now I have a unsettling feeling in my stomach that it will get robbed at the Oscars as well. :o

Ferg
Feb 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
For those who saying The Hurt Locker is the front runner, yeah I thought the same thing until it was screwed over at the Golden Globes. Now I have a unsettling feeling in my stomach that it will get robbed at the Oscars as well. :o

Dont worry, the Globes are a star-seeking money grabbing organisation of 100 foreign journalists, they regularly pick big stars and movie for awards. None of the 100 memebers are members of the Academy. Meanwhile, all memebers of the PGA, DGA are members (awards it won) and so are the WGA memebers (award its frontruner for). The Hurt Locker was always far behind in the Globes stakes. Very few times that the Best Picture Globe winner ends up as the Oscar winner, thats how worthless they are.

Ryan
Feb 6th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Dont worry, the Globes are a star-seeking money grabbing organisation of 100 foreign journalists, they regularly pick big stars and movie for awards. None of the 100 memebers are members of the Academy. Meanwhile, all memebers of the PGA, DGA are members (awards it won) and so are the WGA memebers (award its frontruner for). The Hurt Locker was always far behind in the Globes stakes. Very few times that the Best Picture Globe winner ends up as the Oscar winner, thats how worthless they are.

Why does that make them worthless? :o Just because they pick a different winner doesn't make them WORTHLESS. Thats ridiculous.

hdfb
Feb 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I hope Up In The Air.

Ferg
Feb 6th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Why does that make them worthless? :o Just because they pick a different winner doesn't make them WORTHLESS. Thats ridiculous.

They've always been worthless, and they're always just intent on audience figures. Thats why they always try to get all the stars, award all the big movies and actors. Im sure you wouldnt be saying it if they hadnt picked Avatar as the winner, but I always thought they were worthless, as do most Oscar writers and bloggers. They have absolutely no say in the Oscar whatsoever, unlike the SAGs, and the Guilds. I didnt say they're worthless for awarding a different winner, I said they're worthless because they have no say in the Oscars whatsoever. The BAFTA's often pick different stuff, but they at least have members in the academy. Stop trying to twist my words to suit your own point.

Polikarpov
Feb 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM
What an unremarkable list.

Ryan
Feb 6th, 2010, 05:21 PM
They've always been worthless, and they're always just intent on audience figures. Thats why they always try to get all the stars, award all the big movies and actors. Im sure you wouldnt be saying it if they hadnt picked Avatar as the winner, but I always thought they were worthless, as do most Oscar writers and bloggers. They have absolutely no say in the Oscar whatsoever, unlike the SAGs, and the Guilds. I didnt say they're worthless for awarding a different winner, I said they're worthless because they have no say in the Oscars whatsoever. The BAFTA's often pick different stuff, but they at least have members in the academy. Stop trying to twist my words to suit your own point.

Twist? Dude, you called them worthless. How is that twisting anything?

Ferg
Feb 6th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Twist? Dude, you called them worthless. How is that twisting anything?

Because it sounded like you claimed I called them worthless for picking something else from the Academy, when I called them worthless for predicting the Oscars.

Dulkirilenko
Feb 6th, 2010, 07:00 PM
The Blind Side FTW :hearts:

if not avatar better lose too

AJZ.
Feb 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM

Vanity Bonfire
Feb 6th, 2010, 08:43 PM

What I thought. The only decent films on the list are Avatar and The Hurt Locker IMO funnily enough. I've just seen Up In The Air and that was just dire. I also saw Precious on Friday and although the acting is just perfection, Oprah Winfrey's efforts to help produce completely ruined the film for me (so sappy and sentimental).

mboyle
Feb 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hurt Locker is the front runner. Inglorious Basterds is the challenger because it has mad actor love. Avatar isn't going to win with the preferential voting system. The actors are terrified of it. They're all going to rank it number 10.

Hurt Locker
Bigelow
Bridges (though Firth or Renner deserves it)
Streep (not Bullock, mark my words)
Waltz
Mo'nique
Hurt Locker for Original Screenplay (over Basterds, but let's wait for the WGA before I make this final)
Up in the Air for Adapted Screenplay

mboyle
Feb 6th, 2010, 08:56 PM

I whole heartedly disagree. The only bad film on the list is The Blind Side, starring Sandra Bullocks.

Hurt Locker--one of the best films of the decade, let alone the year. Perfect directing, acting and writing. Not one false move.

Avatar--technically brilliant, decent acting, and the script, while a bona fide disaster, at least touches on some pretty complex ideas. Cameron needs to use the money he makes to hire a real screen writer for the next one though.

Inglorious Basterds--a real gem. It seems lightweight when you first view it, but gets better and better the more you watch it. Waltz is amazing, and some of the shots Tarantino gets (Laurent's silhouette in the cinema right before she puts on her war paint) are just gorgeous.

All three of them are better than Slumdog Millionaire, in my opinion.

Up In The Air--would have been a masterpiece under a more experienced, older director. The script was fantastic, and the acting great (even though I haaaaate Clooney). It just felt too stiff and conventional for me, but still a worthwhile film.

An Education--maybe a little lightweight for best picture win, but the acting was phenomenal, as was the script. Mulligan deserves Best Actress but she won't get it. Truly one of my favorites of the year.

Precious--not bad. Not the second coming as Oprah would have us believe, but not bad...Mo'nique was really something special. I think Sidibe is over rated, but that's just me.

Up--not as good as Wall-E, but still pretty good.

District 9--it was really truly gross and I didn't like it because I don't like gross things, but credit where credit is due: it was quite a smart film.

The Blind Side--a hallmark card turned into a movie. This is a complete and utter piece of sanctimonious crap for people who don't like deep thinking and want to ease their sense of white guilt. Oh and Sandra Bullock? She deserves the Razzie, not the Oscar. This movie was rightfully panned by critics and it's just too bad that it has turned up at all this awards season.

I did not see A Serious Man.

Mynarco
Feb 6th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hurt Locker is the front runner. Inglorious Basterds is the challenger because it has mad actor love. Avatar isn't going to win with the preferential voting system. The actors are terrified of it. They're all going to rank it number 10.

Hurt Locker
Bigelow
Waltz
Mo'nique
Hurt Locker for Original Screenplay (over Basterds, but let's wait for the WGA before I make this final)
Up in the Air for Adapted Screenplay

I really hope Sandra won't bag the best actress. PLEASE. she has only one face in EVERY shot in her movie. I think James would bag Best Director though. Agreeing with you with the best supporting actor and actress

Ferg
Feb 6th, 2010, 11:17 PM

Hurt Locker
Bigelow
Waltz
Mo'nique
Hurt Locker for Original Screenplay (over Basterds, but let's wait for the WGA before I make this final)Up in the Air for Adapted Screenplay

Hurt Lockers got the WGA in the bag really, a bunch of screenplays were ruled ineligible by them, Basterds included. They were left so sparse of nominees they had to put the screenplay of Avatar in. :unsure: Basterds does have huge actor support though, they take up the majority in the Academy so Im a bit unsure how it'll do.

M2k
Feb 7th, 2010, 02:50 AM
The Oscars will get high ratings because people will turn their televisions on to see Avatar win. Plain and simple! The Hurt Locker will get director (a first for a woman) and Avatar will get Best Picture.

young_gunner913
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:20 AM
The Oscars will get high ratings because people will turn their televisions on to see Avatar win. Plain and simple! The Hurt Locker will get director (a first for a woman) and Avatar will get Best Picture.

:bs:

dybbuk
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:49 AM
An Education--maybe a little lightweight for best picture win, but the acting was phenomenal, as was the script. Mulligan deserves Best Actress but she won't get it. Truly one of my favorites of the year.

This! Everyone is going on about how upset they will be if The Hurt Locker is robbed by Avatar, but no one seems to even care Carey is being pushed to the wayside by two mediocre performances. Sandra Bollocks and Meryl (with one of her more mediocre performances I have seen) being the favourites over her is the real tragedy of the award season so far.

Julian.
Mar 5th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Time to bump this as the result will be revealed this sunday.

Bayo
Mar 5th, 2010, 03:27 AM
SERIOUSLY

I have to admit that I would love to see Inglorious Basterds win. I loved that movie! :hearts:

I'm on board too.

But I voted Up in the Air.

moby
Mar 5th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Hopefully Inglourious Bastards or Up In The Air, in that order.
I would be thrilled if that happened.

But I'm OK with Hurt Locker, which seems to be the heavy favourite.
Anything else, and I'll :armed:

Mattographer
Mar 5th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Saw The Hurt Locker last week and it's brilliant and way much better than overrated Avatar.

THL got my vote :) And Kathryn Bigelow will win the directing award as well.

Yarden
Mar 5th, 2010, 08:07 AM
probably Avatar :)

Sam L
Mar 5th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Although it has few chances in all the four categories that it's nominated for, I'm really glad that District 9 got the attention it deserved. Especially in Best Picture.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 5th, 2010, 12:32 PM
anything but avatar...that was just so dull :o

Sam L
Mar 5th, 2010, 01:18 PM
no one seems to even care Carey is being pushed to the wayside by two mediocre performances. Sandra Bollocks and Meryl (with one of her more mediocre performances I have seen) being the favourites over her is the real tragedy of the award season so far.

At least it's not as bad as...

http://www.awardsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/2009_the_last_station_0052.jpg

:lol:

Actually to be honest, I prefer Helen Mirren's performance over Bullock or Streep. But she had no buzz and no chance and it's such a filler nod. :help:

VasVas
Mar 5th, 2010, 04:31 PM
probably Avatar..

I honestly didnt like Hurt Locker, i think Inglorious Basterds was a lot better than that, but i dont think there will be a surprise..

Besides the story, Avatar is just great in every department..

Ferg
Mar 5th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hurt Locker is the major frontrunner, with Basterds being a possible upset. It was only about 20 voters but some awards website asked them what they voted for, and apparently The Hurt Locker and Avatar had the most #1s but also were placed far down on many lists. Basterds was in the top 3 for most ballots. And with the preferential voting this year... it really suits Basterds.

Vincey!
Mar 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Best Pictre? Avatar for sure...I mean if there's ONE award that I'm sure they'll get is that one..oohh wait Special effect is the one, but well they'll get at least 2 :p..Oscars love to praise movies that have done well in the boxoffice and considering it's the most lucrative movie of all the time I expect it to get loads.

Best script will most probably go to THL, maybe best movie to make a shocker lol

Ferg
Mar 5th, 2010, 06:58 PM
SERIOUSLY

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/Marion_Bartoli/197356_o.gif

Vanity Bonfire
Mar 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Hurt Locker is the major frontrunner, with Basterds being a possible upset. It was only about 20 voters but some awards website asked them what they voted for, and apparently The Hurt Locker and Avatar had the most #1s but also were placed far down on many lists. Basterds was in the top 3 for most ballots. And with the preferential voting this year... it really suits Basterds.

Honey, stop pimping Basterds. It really wasn't very good.

Merrick@Tennis
Mar 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
avatar!!! im sure this movie will gather major awards...

Ferg
Mar 5th, 2010, 07:39 PM

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/Marion_Bartoli/brenda1-o.gif

I dont see whats so outrageous about me saying Basterds has a chance following its win at a Guild which has the highest majority among the academy (actors) and you target me instead off all the people saying Avatar will win even though all it has is a measly Globe! WHAT WOULD STACEY SAY ABOUT THIS?!?! :hysteric: (bitch probably loves avatar)

Vanity Bonfire
Mar 5th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Oh noes :hysteric:. I just got diva-ed by an Irish boy.

Elaine@Tennis
Mar 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Deck
Mar 6th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Alright, two more days to go. Here are my predictions who should win from my very personal point of view and who I think will win:

Best Motion Picture of the Year

A Serious Man (2009) - Joel Coen; Ethan Coen
An Education (2009) - Finola Dwyer; Amanda Posey
Avatar (2009) - James Cameron (I); Jon Landau (I)
District 9 (2009) - Peter Jackson (I); Carolynne Cunningham
Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Lawrence Bender
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009) - Lee Daniels (I); Sarah Siegel-Magness; Gary Magness
The Blind Side (2009) - Gil Netter; Andrew A. Kosove; Broderick Johnson
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Kathryn Bigelow; Mark Boal; Nicolas Chartier; Greg Shapiro (I)
Up (2009) - Jonas Rivera
Up in the Air (2009/I) - Daniel Dubiecki; Ivan Reitman; Jason Reitman

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

A Single Man (2009) - Colin Firth
Crazy Heart (2009) - Jeff Bridges (I)
Invictus (2009) - Morgan Freeman (I)
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Jeremy Renner
Up in the Air (2009/I) - George Clooney

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role

An Education (2009) - Carey Mulligan
Julie & Julia (2009) - Meryl Streep
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009) - Gabourey Sidibe
The Blind Side (2009) - Sandra Bullock
The Last Station (2009) - Helen Mirren

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Christoph Waltz
Invictus (2009) - Matt Damon
The Last Station (2009) - Christopher Plummer (I)
The Lovely Bones (2009) - Stanley Tucci (I)
The Messenger (2009/I) - Woody Harrelson

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role

Crazy Heart (2009) - Maggie Gyllenhaal
Nine (2009) - Penélope Cruz
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009) - Mo'Nique
Up in the Air (2009/I) - Vera Farmiga
Up in the Air (2009/I) - Anna Kendrick (I)

Best Achievement in Directing

Avatar (2009) - James Cameron (I)
Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Quentin Tarantino
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009) - Lee Daniels (I)
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Kathryn Bigelow
Up in the Air (2009/I) - Jason Reitman

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen

A Serious Man (2009) - Joel Coen; Ethan Coen
Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Quentin Tarantino
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Mark Boal
The Messenger (2009/I) - Alessandro Camon; Oren Moverman
Up (2009) - Bob Peterson (III) (screenplay/story); Pete Docter (screenplay/story); Thomas McCarthy (I) (story)

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published

An Education (2009) - Nick Hornby (I)
District 9 (2009) - Neill Blomkamp; Terri Tatchell
In the Loop (2009) - Jesse Armstrong (I); Simon Blackwell; Armando Iannucci; Tony Roche (I)
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009) - Geoffrey Fletcher
Up in the Air (2009/I) - Jason Reitman; Sheldon Turner

Best Achievement in Cinematography

Das weisse Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte (2009) - Christian Berger (I)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) - Bruno Delbonnel
Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Robert Richardson (I)
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Barry Ackroyd

Best Achievement in Art Direction

Avatar (2009) - Rick Carter (I) (art director); Robert Stromberg (art director); Kim Sinclair (set decorator)
Nine (2009) - John Myhre (art director); Gordon Sim (set decorator)
Sherlock Holmes (2009) - Sarah Greenwood (I) (art director); Katie Spencer (I) (set decorator)
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) - David Warren (I) (art director); Anastasia Masaro (art director); Caroline Smith (II) (set decorator)
The Young Victoria (2009) - Patrice Vermette (art director); Maggie Gray (set decorator)

Best Achievement in Costume Design

Bright Star (2009) - Janet Patterson (I)
Coco avant Chanel (2009) - Catherine Leterrier
Nine (2009) - Colleen Atwood
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009) - Monique Prudhomme
The Young Victoria (2009) - Sandy Powell (II)

Best Achievement in Sound

Avatar (2009) - Christopher Boyes; Gary Summers; Andy Nelson (I); Tony Johnson (II)
Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Michael Minkler; Tony Lamberti; Mark Ulano
Star Trek (2009) - Anna Behlmer; Andy Nelson (I); Peter J. Devlin
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Paul N.J. Ottosson; Ray Beckett
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) - Greg P. Russell; Gary Summers; Geoffrey Patterson (II)

Best Achievement in Editing

Avatar (2009) - Stephen E. Rivkin; John Refoua; James Cameron (I)
District 9 (2009) - Julian Clarke
Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Sally Menke
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009) - Joe Klotz
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Bob Murawski; Chris Innis

Best Achievement in Sound Editing

Avatar (2009) - Christopher Boyes; Gwendolyn Yates Whittle
Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Wylie Stateman
Star Trek (2009) - Mark P. Stoeckinger; Alan Rankin
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Paul N.J. Ottosson
Up (2009) - Michael Silvers; Tom Myers (II)

Best Achievement in Visual Effects

Avatar (2009) - Joe Letteri; Stephen Rosenbaum; Richard Baneham; Andy Jones (VI)
District 9 (2009) - Dan Kaufman (I); Peter Muyzers; Robert Habros; Matt Aitken (I)
Star Trek (2009) - Roger Guyett; Russell Earl; Paul Kavanagh (II); Burt Dalton

Best Achievement in Makeup

Il divo (2008) - Aldo Signoretti; Vittorio Sodano
Star Trek (2009) - Barney Burman; Mindy Hall (I); Joel Harlow
The Young Victoria (2009) - John Henry Gordon; Jenny Shircore

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song

Crazy Heart (2009) - Ryan Bingham (I); T-Bone Burnett
- For the song "The Weary Kind".
Faubourg 36 (2008) - Reinhardt Wagner (music); Frank Thomas (XV) (lyrics)
- For the song "Loin de Paname".
Nine (2009) - Maury Yeston
- For the song "Take It All".
The Princess and the Frog (2009) - Randy Newman (I)
- For the song "Almost There".
The Princess and the Frog (2009) - Randy Newman (I)
- For the song "Down in New Orleans".

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) - Alexandre Desplat
Sherlock Holmes (2009) - Hans Zimmer
The Hurt Locker (2008) - Marco Beltrami (I); Buck Sanders
Up (2009) - Michael Giacchino

Best Short Film, Animated

French Roast (2008) - Fabrice Joubert
Granny O'Grimm's Sleeping Beauty (2008) - Nicky Phelan; Darragh O'Connell
La dama y la muerte (2009) - Javier Recio Gracia
Logorama (2009) - Nicolas Schmerkin
Wallace and Gromit in 'A Matter of Loaf and Death' (2008) (TV) - Nick Park (I)

Best Short Film, Live Action

Istället för abrakadabra (2008) - Patrik Eklund (I); Mathias Fjällström
Kavi (2009) - Gregg Helvey
Miracle Fish (2009) - Luke Doolan; Drew Bailey
The Door (2008) - Juanita Wilson (II); James Flynn (IV)
The New Tenants (2009) - Joachim Back; Tivi Magnusson

Best Documentary, Short Subjects

China's Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province (2009) (TV) - Jon Alpert; Matthew O'Neill (III)
Królik po berlinsku (2009) - Bartosz Konopka; Anna Wydra
Music by Prudence (2010) - Roger Ross Williams; Elinor Burkett (I)
The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner (2009) - Daniel Junge; Henry Ansbacher (II)
The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant (2009) (TV) - Steven Bognar; Julia Reichert (I)

Best Documentary, Features

Burma VJ: Reporter i et lukket land (2008) - Anders Østergaard; Lise Lense-Møller
Food, Inc. (2008) - Robert Kenner; Elise Pearlstein
The Cove (2009) - Louie Psihoyos; Fisher Stevens
The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers (2009) - Judith Ehrlich; Rick Goldsmith
Which Way Home (2009) - Rebecca Cammisa

Best Foreign Language Film of the Year

Ajami (2009)
- Israel.
Das weisse Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte (2009)
- Germany.
El secreto de sus ojos (2009)
- Argentina.
La teta asustada (2009)
- Peru.
Un prophète (2009)
- France.

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year

Coraline (2009) - Henry Selick
Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) - Wes Anderson (I)
The Princess and the Frog (2009) - John Musker; Ron Clements
The Secret of Kells (2009) - Tomm Moore
Up (2009) - Pete Docter

PlayByPlay
Mar 6th, 2010, 01:56 AM

young_gunner913
Mar 6th, 2010, 04:56 AM

LEAVE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS ALONE!!!11!!1!!!!1!1!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/FlamingoSpice/chriscrocker.gif

Julian.
Mar 6th, 2010, 05:05 AM
^ OMG :rolls: