View Full Version : RIP ... UGLY BETTY .... Last 4EVER

M.P
Feb 3rd, 2010, 10:32 PM
it's the last season
let's count down
tonight 1 down 7 to go

"Chica and the Man"
Wednesday, February 3, 10:01/9:01c

Wilhelmina discovers she has a drag queen impersonator; Betty's blog wins an award; Marc runs his own photo shoot with a famous actress and director.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM
So sad:sad:, but atleast they'll get a proper series finale :bounce:

M.P
Feb 3rd, 2010, 10:55 PM
i am hoping more people will watch..and the rating getting up :sad:

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 3rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
:cheer: Hopefully they'll go out with a BANG!!!:cheer:

M.P
Feb 4th, 2010, 10:02 AM
watched..

shiloh1008
Feb 4th, 2010, 04:25 PM
only watched desperated housewives in US tv dramas

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 4th, 2010, 04:28 PM
wow it's cancelled? didn't hear that it was ending already

Tennisballova
Feb 4th, 2010, 08:41 PM
It really sucks that the show has its final season. Isn't there an other network to pick it up? I will miss Ugly B. :sad:

M.P
Feb 4th, 2010, 11:01 PM
wow it's cancelled? didn't hear that it was ending already
yes
it was announced last week

LeRoy.
Feb 5th, 2010, 02:53 AM
The last episode was so dumb and stupid 3/10 for me :(

M.P
Feb 11th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Tyler is here :)

Mashabator
Feb 11th, 2010, 07:38 AM
FML i cried when i found out its cancelled, they cant end it in 7 episodes!

Dodoboy.
Feb 11th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Loved the last episode!

It can't end!!!

M.P
Feb 11th, 2010, 09:29 AM
i want to watch tyler for a while but only 6 left..

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 12th, 2010, 03:57 PM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/02/ugly-betty-kathy-najimy-to-pull-bettys-braces.html < I LOVE Kathy :hearts:

'Ugly Betty': Kathy Najimy to pull Betty's braces

It's bittersweet, "Ugly Betty" fans. We've been anticipating the removal of Betty's braces for months and now we know who's going to do the deed.

ABC confirms to Zap2it that "Sister Act" star Kathy Najimy has been cast as Betty's long-awaited final orthodontist.

Najimy, who we last saw guest starring in "Desperate Housewives," will complete this season's makeover of Betty on the Wed. March 24 episode. She will also play double-duty as Betty's ghost of brace's past showing Betty what life would have been like had she never needed them in the first place.

At first it seemed "Modern Family's" Jesse Tyler Ferguson would pull off the historic deed. He then had to go all dirty doctor on Betty by hitting on her at their last appointment.

Betty's braces have served as the iconic image of Betty since Season 1 when they began using the image of simply Betty's smiling mouth with the shiny grill. This season, Matt's Betty-inspired paintings heavily featured the shiny mouthpiece.

Hola, Kathy Najimy. Adios, Betty's braces. It was good to know yah.

M2k
Feb 12th, 2010, 11:00 PM
My god! The last episode was great because of Tyler :hearts: What a great character.

Hayato
Feb 12th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I was devastated when I heard the news too :sad: My favourite show. But it wasn't very surprising. The ratings just slowly declined episode by episode, each one struggles to crack 5 million now. I think it had a lot to do with the storylines, (definitely not the acting) for example I couldn't care less about Matt. So sad that it's ending :sad:

So there won't be a musical episode after all? I really saw Betty ending in 5 series. Oh well. I wonder how they can tie the entire saga up in just 6 more episodes. :sad:

Sir Stefwhit
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Speaking of the ratings, here's how it did last night:
ABC’s sitcoms The Middle and Modern Family saw increases from last week, with The Middle reaching a 3.0 rating with adults 18-49, a series high. Modern Family matched it previous highs with adults 18-49.

The Middle vs. Cougar Town seems like a silly discussion to me. The Middle, doesn’t have to air against American Idol and Cougar Town does. Still the steep drop from Modern Family to Cougar Town is notable (4.2 to 2.8).

Ugly Betty saw growth to a 1.7 rating at 10pm, its best numbers of the season, but it still lost to a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (which did about 18% better than the average for The Jay Leno Show in the timeslot).

Repeats of The Middle to Air Wednesdays at 9:30p as Cougar Town Repeats Replace Ugly Betty

It looks like ABC doesn’t want to waste some original episodes of Cougar Town and Ugly Betty against the Vancouver Olympics on NBC.

The next two Wednesdays (Feb 17 and 24) ABC will air repeats of The Middle at 9:30p on Wednesdays and repeats of Cougar Town from 10p-11p replacing Ugly Betty.

M.P
Feb 13th, 2010, 05:58 AM
So Betty can stay a little longer :sobbing:

Dodoboy.
Feb 13th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Damn, have to wait for a bit!

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 20th, 2010, 07:43 PM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/02/ugly-bettys-new-squeeze-gossip-girls-aaron-tveit.html

'Ugly Betty's' new squeeze: 'Gossip Girl's' Aaron Tveit

"Ugly Betty" is close to calling a wrap on the series, but Betty still has some frogs to kiss before she finds her prince (assuming that's where her character is heading).

ABC confirms to Zap2it that Betty's newest frog will be played by Aaron Tveit, who will be appearing on the show in March.

Tveit plays a playwright who goes out with Betty, but things just don't work out.

He has also been seen in The CW's "Gossip Girl" as Trip van Der Bilt, Nate Archibald's manipulative cousin and Serena van der Woodsen's love interest. He also plays James Franco's longtime lover in the biopic "Howl" about beat poet Alan Ginsberg. Theatre fans will remember him from his Broadway runs in "Wicked," "Hairspray," and "Next to Normal."

Betty's love life as we move to the series finale has kept fans speculating. Previously, we reported that "Mad Men's" Rich Sommer would be guest-starring in March as another possible love interest for the romantically challenged Betty. ABC confirms that is still planned. Also, rumors are still circulating that Christopher Gorham may reprise his role as Henry. And of course, there's always "Project Detty," the proposed Daniel-Betty hook-up scenario.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Nice choice as a romantic interest for Betty ;)

Haimar
Feb 20th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I hope they can make him look a bit older than he does on the pics I can find on google, otherwise Betty will look like a babysitter :o

M.P
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM
OMG Justin & Austin :hearts: Austin looks cute and handsome
Meester's BF :hearts: too

eck
Mar 19th, 2010, 10:19 AM
It's such a pity. 4 episodes left and no one other than Hilda seems to be getting a happy ending in the love department :o

But I liked the episode. UB has been quite awesome once they knew they were cancelled :o
Wilhemina, Marc and Mandy are like the perfect threesome.

Kworb
Mar 19th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Ugly Betty :bowdown: where other shows have had rough patches, it has always continued to shine. Truly one of the best TV shows ever. I'm going to miss it. :tears:

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:35 PM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/03/ugly-betty-mad-mens-bryan-batt-says-marc-may-be-into-daddies.html

'Ugly Betty': 'Mad Men's' Bryan Batt says Marc may be into daddies

It seems "Ugly Betty's" Marc goes for "Mad Men," (or at least Amanda thinks so).

As Zap2it reported yesterday (March 11), Bryan Batt, "Mad Men's" Sal Romano, will be guest starring on "Ugly Betty."

He's set to appear in the next to the last episode of the series on April 7, but Batt tells us there's a possibility he's sticking around for the finale.

Today, we spoke to him about his upcoming spin on the ABC series and how he may win Michael Urie's character, Marc St. James' heart:

The news of your guest appearance on "Ugly Betty" just got out. How are you feeling about it?

I'm so honored that they asked me to do it. After "Mad Men," a lot of times they think I'm just a dramatic actor, but my history is really musical comedy. I was just really flattered that the writers and producers wanted me for the part. So, I join the ranks of my buddy and fellow "Mad Men" actor, Rich Sommer, who appeared on the show, as well.

Have you already started shooting on your episode?

I've filmed one day so far, I have a couple more to shoot. I think I'm going to be in the finale episode, too, but I have not received a script, yet. I'm hoping.

What do you think of the show so far?

I think it's really a fun show and the performances are great. It's for adults and it's intelligent and very funny. It has a great look to it, as well. It has a unique design aspect, which I find very appealing.

What is your character like?

I play Spencer, who is a soap opera star. From what I understand he plays twins on a soap opera. One is an evil doctor and the other is even more evil. So far in this episode, Amanda is trying to set me up with Marc. That's what's happening so far. I don't know what's happening further than that. There are some fun plot twists that I don't want to give away, because people want to watch and experience when it airs.

Why does Amanda decide to set your character up with Marc?

Oh, well, just look at my headshot [laughs]. Who knows. He might be into the daddy type.

Is Michael Urie your type?

You know I've been in a relationship for 21 years, so I'm going to have to pass on that one. He's a sweetheart. He's such a cutie and so sweet. He's a doll. He really is.

How do you feel about this being "Ugly Betty's" last season?

I was shocked to hear that it was canceled. It's always sad when a show is canceled that has been so popular for this long. Also, from being on the set, they're a great family. They're a great group of people. I've known Judith Light forever and she's such a beautiful warm person. Everyone on the set is very positive like a great family just like we have on "Mad Men."

What do you think? Will Spencer charm the pants off Marc?

Friday: Don't miss the rest of our interview with Bryan Batt as he talks about his hopes for the future of Sal Romano on AMC's "Mad Men" and clues us in to his connection with Playboy's Hugh Hefner...

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM
For those of you who haven't seen the show 'MAD MEN', Bryan Batt is an amazingly talented actor. This is brilliant casting and i can't wait to see how he shakes things up on 'Ugly Betty' :D

Dodoboy.
Mar 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Getting so good!

CanIGetAWhat
Mar 20th, 2010, 08:02 AM
The last episode was one of the better episodes of the season! :D Zack is soo cute. :sigh: He's out of Betty's league. :o

darkchild
Mar 20th, 2010, 04:35 PM
OMG, Wilhelmina-Marc-Amanda in hospital! :rolls:

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 24th, 2010, 03:52 AM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/03/ugly-betty-sneak-peek-a-whole-new-betty.html <Click for 3 Sneak Peak Vids! :D

'Ugly Betty' sneak peek: A whole new Betty

Yes, that's Betty without braces, without glasses and without polka dots. In the next episode of "Ugly Betty," we see what life would be like if Betty weren't ugly.

In the sneak peek we posted earlier this week, we saw that Betty's braces aren't going to come off without some hitches.

And while Kathy Najimy guest stars as Betty's orthodontist, she also plays Betty's ghost of the beautiful life.

In that alternate world, Betty is in charge, fashionable and, from what we can tell Wilhelmina-ish.

Hayato
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I don't know what i'll do when it's over. Really. :sad:

heyitsme
Mar 25th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I'm a bad Ugly Betty fan! I used to watch it religiously for the first few seasons but I stopped watching it altogether, not because I didn't want to watch it, but because I no longer had time for it. When I heard it was being cancelled I decided to go ahead and watch it unfold. It's gonna be sad to see it go but on the plus side, Betty is looking more and more beautiful.

M.P
Mar 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Na na na...3 left :sobbing:

Hashim.
Apr 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM
2 left:sobbing:
loved the last episode..
great to see Christina, Gio and Henry back..:D

M.P
Apr 1st, 2010, 01:24 PM
who gonna back next 2?? :hearts:
love Austin :hearts:

Kworb
Apr 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM
Henry :hysteric: nooooooo!! Damn that creep. Where's MATT? :tears:

John.
Apr 1st, 2010, 09:03 PM
I really don't want this to end :awww:

LeRoy.
Apr 1st, 2010, 10:19 PM
:awww: I loved that episode.

Ellen Dawson
Apr 1st, 2010, 10:23 PM
I just loved the "on-location shooting" in London. :p

Good to see Freddy Rodriguez again. Justin and Austin are cute together. :)

M.P
Apr 2nd, 2010, 03:08 AM
please Henry and Betty a back together?? :o

Kworb
Apr 2nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
please Henry and Betty a back together?? :o

They're supposed to be OVER for good! :hysteric:

M2k
Apr 2nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
that was unexpected :eek: :lol: Henry!!!!!

I still think Daniel will end up with Betty :hearts:

Kworb
Apr 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
No no no! :hysteric: Betty and Matt OTP! :inlove:

Hashim.
Apr 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
well i was hoping for Gio and Betty:lol:

but not gonna happen!:tears:

M.P
Apr 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
maybe get Zachary back :hearts:

M2k
Apr 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
maybe get Zachary back :hearts:

Wait! Is that the writter from a few episodes ago? :hearts::hearts:

M.P
Apr 3rd, 2010, 01:54 AM
yes it was Austin and Justin first kiss episodes

M2k
Apr 3rd, 2010, 05:35 AM
Omg! Zack was adorkable :hearts::hearts::hearts: that Betty has all the luck :(

yuv1BPJvCQQ

M.P
Apr 3rd, 2010, 06:12 AM
Ya if betty get hime back will be good but nonsence :D

M2k
Apr 3rd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Ya if betty get hime back will be good but nonsence :D

Zack is hot (with glasses and all :kiss: )

someone needs to give this actor a show :(

M2k
Apr 3rd, 2010, 09:23 PM
OMG! I just realized he's the actor who plays James Franco's love interest in the upcoming Howl !! :eek::eek::eek:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/01/21/arts/21sundance_CA1/hpMedium.jpg

They are fucking beautiful together :bigcry:

Kworb
Apr 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
That's James Franco? I don't recognize him :tape:

Mashabator
Apr 4th, 2010, 04:17 AM
i just realised how depressed i will be when this show is finished, it really was one of the best shows ever made in my eyes, and it really made me see life in a different view :tears:

M.P
Apr 4th, 2010, 04:19 AM
what's that movie tALK about???

mckyle.
Apr 4th, 2010, 04:35 AM
OMG! I just realized he's the actor who plays James Franco's love interest in the upcoming Howl !! :eek::eek::eek:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/01/21/arts/21sundance_CA1/hpMedium.jpg

They are fucking beautiful together :bigcry:

He was on Gossip Girl as well :lol:

M2k
Apr 4th, 2010, 02:00 PM
He was on Gossip Girl as well :lol:

I don't watch that garbage :p

madlove
Apr 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM
it was so great to see christina again! love her character so much

duhcity
Apr 5th, 2010, 05:16 AM
God I hate Henry. And if she can't have Gio, bring Walter back.

Dunlop1
Apr 5th, 2010, 06:15 AM
This show jumped the shark centuries ago.
It's gotten worse with each episode, like the rehashed betty-as-wilhelmina episode (which they've already done).
It's like they are trying so desperately to make something out of the nonesense that is left of the show but it just turns out to be a mess.
America is a decent actress and can do much better than Ugly Betty. I pity her career after this show.

Mashabator
Apr 5th, 2010, 12:11 PM
no do not bring back walter... im so depressed its finishing! :tears:

Mashabator
Apr 5th, 2010, 12:12 PM
This show jumped the shark centuries ago.
It's gotten worse with each episode, like the rehashed betty-as-wilhelmina episode (which they've already done).
It's like they are trying so desperately to make something out of the nonesense that is left of the show but it just turns out to be a mess.
America is a decent actress and can do much better than Ugly Betty. I pity her career after this show.

It certainly has not got worse after each episode, this show could have gone alot further if only more people had watched :tears:
America is an amazing actor and she will probably get more roles in things in the future.

mckyle.
Apr 5th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I don't watch that garbage :p

Yet Gossip Girl lives on to see another season :lol:

M.P
Apr 5th, 2010, 02:59 PM
who is walter?? i don't remember

tim2502
Apr 5th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Gio is so cute.
Walter is Betty's ex-boyfriend.

M.P
Apr 5th, 2010, 03:08 PM
um....no walter please
he's ugly..

Kworb
Apr 5th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Why does everyone hate Matt :sobbing: he was the only good boyfriend she's ever had!

http://i40.tinypic.com/214zcx1.jpg

M.P
Apr 5th, 2010, 03:27 PM
the best looking is Zackery next is matt :p

silverwhite
Apr 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Detty is happening... *groans*

Mistress of Evil
Apr 8th, 2010, 01:13 PM
So, after all the American remake will finish as the Latin original. Betty ends up with her boss.

Destiny
Apr 8th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Oh My God

Dodoboy.
Apr 8th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Couldn't BREATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE after watching the last 10 mins!

I LOVE this show!

Kworb
Apr 8th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Betty/Daniel :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric: NO NO DIE DIE DIE :hysteric: :sad: :hysteric: NOOOOOOOOOO :hysteric:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 9th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Anyone knows the two songs during Bob and Hilda's wedding?:)

and BTW, did Betty get demoted?:confused: Why was she working/sitting on the Daniel's secretary desk if I'm right?:unsure:

Kworb
Apr 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM

and BTW, did Betty get demoted?:confused: Why was she working/sitting on the Daniel's secretary desk if I'm right?:unsure:

She was filling in cause Amanda quit her job to become a stylist :p

M.P
Apr 9th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Justin is so brave:cry:
Austin:inlove:

silverwhite
Apr 9th, 2010, 11:00 AM

One of them is Renee Olstead's A Love That Will Last. Don't know about the other

silverwhite
Apr 9th, 2010, 11:01 AM

Kworb, are you an American living in The Netherlands or something? :p

Mashabator
Apr 9th, 2010, 11:16 AM
:sobbing: i cant believe theres one more episode.... so depressed!

M.P
Apr 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM
IKR:sobbing: and this will last forever:sobbing:
i wish there some chanel pick this up..but it won't now :sobbing:

Mashabator
Apr 9th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Im seriously so depressed! Austin is so cute! i love justins hair!
LOL they cannot end this in ONE EPISODE!! FML!!!

Mashabator
Apr 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM

This.
Also Matt was not the best boyfriend :o
When the last episode has happened we should turn this thread into a ugly betty thread and just post our favourite moments.... i still cant believe its going to finish! this was the first tv show i ever liked...

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Oh.:lol:

One of them is Renee Olstead's A Love That Will Last. Don't know about the other
:D Thanks.:D

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I can't believe this is it. The show is on to it's final episode. I hope Betty stays in New York.

M2k
Apr 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM
The Justin coming out scene was beautifully done :worship: WOW!

Betty and Daniel !!!!!
However Betty just accepted the London offer. Daniel :bigcry:

M.P
Apr 9th, 2010, 03:31 PM
she can still reject it :weirdo:
maybe there will be couple of years later?
i dunno how this drama end, this is my first final and first drama in english :sobbing: and it end now

silverwhite
Apr 9th, 2010, 04:24 PM
she can still reject it :weirdo:
maybe there will be couple of years later?
i dunno how this drama end, this is my first final and first drama in english :sobbing: and it end now

Hong Kong dramas are great too :hearts:

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 9th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Hong Kong dramas are great too :hearts:

I like the most recent one, 秋香怒点唐伯虎。:inlove:

Haimar
Apr 9th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Omg I can't believe last week will be the last episode of one of the best shows ever. I'm soooo going to cry next week if they keep the story as emotional as it was this week.

M.P
Apr 9th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I like the most recent one, 秋香怒点唐伯虎。:inlove:really? i don't care about that one much :p
but i have to watch becoz it is dinner time

only watching 女王辦公室 & 搜下留情
somepart of 鐵馬尋橋 recently

Kworb
Apr 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Omg I can't believe last week will be the last episode of one of the best shows ever. I'm soooo going to cry next week if they keep the story as emotional as it was this week.

Emotional? The only good story right now is Justin :o

Tyler :rolleyes: probably their dumbest storyline ever, nothing about it makes sense. Wilhelmina scheming again :rolleyes: no continuity at all. :rolleyes: Daniel/Betty :rolleyes: so ridiculous. Henry. :rolleyes: Hilda and her boring hubby :rolleyes:

dybbuk
Apr 9th, 2010, 06:48 PM

Tyler :rolleyes: probably their dumbest storyline ever, nothing about it makes sense. Wilhelmina scheming again :rolleyes: no continuity at all. :rolleyes: Daniel/Betty :rolleyes: so ridiculous. Henry. :rolleyes: Hilda and her boring hubby :rolleyes:

Agreed mostly. Ugly Betty will go out like it came in, completely uneven.

If Betty does not get with Daniel though, it will be somewhat of a saving grace. I don't know about the original telenova, but Daniel is such a whinger on the US version. He likes to meddle and scheme in other people's lives, then somewhere still is granted moral superiority by the writers of the show. It's absolutely infuriating. There should have been a serious fallout between him and other other characters ages ago, but alas, no. The other characters never develop any lasting anger in response to all his childish actions.

The Justin storyline in enjoyable, but I really don't understand it. :confused: I came from a very conservative family, and I know many other gay men who did the same. Gays in situations like that have a reason to fear coming out. Justin lives in a very liberal family, for Goodness sake his aunt works at a fashion magazine and gays are not a stranger to visiting their house. I don't see how there's anyway he would have been as terrified of being outed as he was. :unsure:

Kworb
Apr 9th, 2010, 07:20 PM
It's being afraid of change. It's still a major hurdle to overcome. That's what I like most about the storyline, that it shows it's difficult even for gay kids who grow up in super accepting famlies. I would've liked to see more of Austin's situation (cause he seems really comfortable with himself) but I guess they were under such time constraints that everything is rushed right now.

Haimar
Apr 9th, 2010, 07:30 PM

You shouldn't think about that kind of stuff watching american soaps, it ruins everything ;) I just go with the flow, don't think about it and loving it, Imo it's better atm than it was during season 3 when in the middle I became kind of bored with it. ;)The story about Justin is :hearts: The thing between Daniel and Betty had to happen because that's the original concept and Hilda's hubby is :drool: (but he's getting fat in the last episodes :tape:)

Kworb
Apr 9th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Daniel/Betty is just wrong in so many ways. :o They've never had any romantic chemistry and still don't. AT ALL. There has always been zero attraction. Now the braces are off and suddenly he wants her? WTF? :o What a shallow mess, when Daniel's character development has always been about becoming less shallow. OMG this ending will ruin the show forever. :hysteric:

Haimar
Apr 9th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Daniel/Betty is just wrong in so many ways. :o They've never had any romantic chemistry and still don't. AT ALL. There has always been zero attraction. Now the braces are off and suddenly he wants her? WTF? :o What a shallow mess, when Daniel's character development has always been about becoming less shallow. OMG this ending will ruin the show forever. :hysteric:

Ok they could bring it a little bit more graduate, but that's the point of the whole story: hot man whore eventually falls in love with the ugly girl. That's how it was with 'Betty La Fea' that's how it was in Belgium with Sara, in the Netherlands with Lotte (if I remember well) and in all the other countries. That's just the point of the show, they had to do this.

Hayato
Apr 9th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I can't believe it will be over forever after this week!! Such a depressing prospect...I don't know what i'll do without my favourite show! :sad:

Hashim.
Apr 10th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Ughhh I agree Betty/Daniel should not happen:(
I hope Betty goes to London:p

Dunlop1
Apr 10th, 2010, 05:47 AM
There's a reason this show is cancelled. BORING.

I watch it for Amanda's one-liners

"BETTY: ... some family members can't make the wedding.
AMANDA: They got deported?"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol:

Everything about the show is SOOOO ridiculously cliche and campy.
I'm surprised gay men like this show. I would think they might be offended by the effete characterization of all things gay on this show.

Anyway, last episode was :weirdo: as usual.
Daniel goes from all the hot chicks to Betty? Because he was at a wedding?? What kind of nonsense is this?

The saving grace was Wilhelmina getting shot. Even though I saw that coming a mile a way.

M.P
Apr 10th, 2010, 06:28 AM
is love make sence???
WHY DANIEL CAN'T REALIZE he ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT BETTY?
the Care become to be love
u never know
there so many close friends come together at the end and married and have kids in the wrold
WHY NOT?

cellophane
Apr 10th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I agree that this show is mostly drivel... although I still watch and do like Vanessa Williams and Amanda's one-liners.

Dunlop1
Apr 10th, 2010, 06:52 AM
is love make sence???
WHY DANIEL CAN'T REALIZE he ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT BETTY?

Because there has been no chemistry at all between them in the previous seasons.
Because Daniel's character like's women who look a certain way e.g Amanda's body type

silverwhite
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:30 AM
There's a reason this show is cancelled. BORING.

I watch it for Amanda's one-liners

"BETTY: ... some family members can't make the wedding.
AMANDA: They got deported?"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol:

YES... :haha:

And

Amanda: (to Betty) Can I have a kiss?... You're so withholding! :spit:

silverwhite
Apr 10th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Because there has been no chemistry at all between them in the previous seasons.
Because Daniel's character like's women who look a certain way e.g Amanda's body type

Actually, I think it could have worked if they had had time to develop Daniel's maturing character and mindset. Too bad they had to rush into it. :shrug:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 10th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Amanda is by far my favorite character. :lol:

M.P
Apr 10th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Because Daniel's character like's women who look a certain way e.g Amanda's body type they totally don't have enough episode to develop
ABC announced it was cancelled when it only had 6 episodes left
i heard that they was expecting 2 more season?maybe
they definitely film 2-3 already but they have to rush to the original final
if you wanna blame you should blame ABC
but not those writer or director

Hashim.
Apr 10th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Amanda is by far my favorite character. :lol:

mine too..
from the first episode i loved her..i have always been looking forward to watch her in episodes..
i hope she gets a good ending..

Wilhelmina is great too:p

pancake
Apr 10th, 2010, 11:31 AM
they totally don't have enough episode to develop
ABC announced it was cancelled when it only had 6 episodes left
i heard that they was expecting 2 more season?maybe
they definitely film 2-3 already but they have to rush to the original final
if you wanna blame you should blame ABC
but not those writer or director

Um, they don't have to rush to make Detty happen. They can instead bring back, say, Matt and he and Betty can go back together.

Kworb
Apr 10th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Um, they don't have to rush to make Detty happen. They can instead bring back, say, Matt and he and Betty can go back together.

:bowdown:

M.P
Apr 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM
they may just respect to the original ending and try to make it happen
so they make it
or maybe matt have no time comeback for the show

Kworb
Apr 10th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Matt really needs to be in the series finale. It would be pretty weird if he wasn't.

Mashabator
Apr 10th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I'm surprised gay men like this show. I would think they might be offended by the effete characterization of all things gay on this show.

Im gay, not offended by anything in the show, its the best show ever made in my opinion and i never found it boring.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Anyway since the show is ending I wanted to post some of my favorite scenes from the show. :tears:

ld02tGURh6c

3ufnzpAz3IU

1VMhKbPa6E4

EsbLp9Ze0yY

kzB6hvoThIM

:sobbing:

M.P
Apr 11th, 2010, 10:34 AM
i love that Amanda/Matt scene

Hayato
Apr 12th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I have absolutely loved the last few episodes...especially the latest one. Only 2 more days left of Ugly Betty! :sad:

I really hope all characters get a good ending. Somehow, even the main enemy, Wilhelmina, is part of the Betty family. She's one of the best characters of the show, i'm sure they won't kill her off. I hope she somehow gets what she wants.

The Justin-Austin plot is really touching, and how Marc has completely changed his personality since Series 1. Glad that Amanda will finally find her dad! Happy for Hilda too of course.

I'm very glad that Betty didn't get back with Gio...and I guess I can see why Henry wasn't quite the right fit either. I'm still undecided about Betty-Daniel, since I don't see how Betty can suddenly realise that she loves him in just one final episode. Anyone's better than Matt at least. I really hope she goes to London.

Sooooo sad...can't believe it's ending forever...just next week :sad: :bigcry: I think they've tied up the knots really well, with such short notice. Really going to miss my favourite TV show ever :sad:

I read America Ferrera was talking about making an Ugly Betty movie. Can't think of anything better...

EDIT: 99.9% sure Betty will end up with Daniel. :p Just makes sense

Edit: Major Spoiler!!! : Producer Sheila Lawrence was quoted saying: "Every character ends up in a good place — this is Ugly Betty after all. Amanda has a question answered that's been looming since Season 2, Justin has a dream come true, and Wilhelmina quite possibly has the happiest ending of all." I'm guessing Wilhelmina actually gets Meade? :eek:

Kworb
Apr 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Anyone's better than Matt at least.

:mad:

CanIGetAWhat
Apr 15th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Aww, tonight's the series finale! :sad: I'm going to miss this show.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 15th, 2010, 05:34 AM
R.I.P. Betty :sad:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 15th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I cried so bad when Betty was leaving her family. :bigcry:

I'm going to miss the show so much. I really hope they turn this into a film, like SATC, even America said that it could happen after a couple of years.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 15th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I also loved how the word "Ugly" faded away in the end. :sobbing:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
The end of the series was blamed by many fans on its constant movement from time slot to time slot. Fans did not know when the programme was on so stopped watching it, resulting in ABC cancelling the series. Many fans blame this on the Friday Evening death slot. The series was doing well till moved to this slot.

:(

Now that the show has ended, there are current talks of a push by Ana Ortiz and America Ferrera for an Ugly Betty movie.

:bounce:

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity/450693/ugly-betty-bound-for-the-box-office.html

Mashabator
Apr 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
im so depressed now its done, i cried for about 20 mins from when she said goodbye, this show was what i looked forward to since i was 12, and i loved it to death and im so sad that its finished.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
^ I started crying really bad when she saw the reflection of herself in the mirror. :tears:

Mashabator
Apr 15th, 2010, 12:38 PM
:tears: i did aswell! thats what made me cry too.. how much shes changed... god i feel so stupid that i cried over a show but it really was to me the best show ever.

Mashabator
Apr 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I cried so bad when Betty was leaving her family. :bigcry:

I'm going to miss the show so much. I really hope they turn this into a film, like SATC, even America said that it could happen after a couple of years.

I cried when she left the family too, and when she saw the reflection, and more when i realised its over.. :sad:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I know. I didn't expect the episode to end this fast. They should have made the finale longer or something. :lol:

I mean, when I was watching the scene where she leaves I look at the time and it looked like there were like 10 or something minutes left and I expected to see more. Then all that happened after that was Betty working in London and bumping into Daniel. I cried as well when the word "Ugly Betty" appeared and then the "Ugly" faded out. :bigcry:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/15/article-0-0923F1EB000005DC-1_634x331.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/15/article-0-0923F26B000005DC-603_634x354.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/15/article-0-0923F1A9000005DC-932_634x356.jpg

When the camera was pulling away and Betty started walking into the crowd I was like "no, no, no, nooo, a little longer plz". :sobbing:

Mashabator
Apr 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM
:bigcry: it sucks doesnt it, because there is no more ugly betty! i feel like its not real! :sad: it went to fast yes, and it sucks that it probably got cancelled because of the changing of timeslot, fuck you abc! :(

Mashabator
Apr 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/15/article-0-0923F1EB000005DC-1_634x331.jpg

That Bit :tears:

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 15th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I haven't watched it but seeing the screen cap already made me :sad: :sobbing:

Mashabator
Apr 15th, 2010, 01:37 PM
dont worry you will cry :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 15th, 2010, 01:57 PM
RIP Ugly Betty :awww:

For those interested, here's complete info on the 4th and Final Season DVD release...http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ugly-Betty-Season-4/13557 :bounce:

lilimi
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I know. I didn't expect the episode to end this fast. They should have made the finale longer or something. :lol:

I mean, when I was watching the scene where she leaves I look at the time and it looked like there were like 10 or something minutes left and I expected to see more. Then all that happened after that was Betty working in London and bumping into Daniel. I cried as well when the word "Ugly Betty" appeared and then the "Ugly" faded out. :bigcry:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/15/article-0-0923F26B000005DC-603_634x354.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/15/article-0-0923F1A9000005DC-932_634x356.jpg

When the camera was pulling away and Betty started walking into the crowd I was like "no, no, no, nooo, a little longer plz". :sobbing:

I did it too :bigcry:
i cried too! :bigcry: last week I was like 'whaaaaaaat it's over next episooooooode!!!!no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
It's a shame it's over.
As a Detty fan, I would have liked to see how their relationship develop, but the last episode was good..I'll miss Willy, Amanda and Marc too :bigcry:
a great show, indeed, i would say the best evr, but a great one. great dialogs, good values but not too much sugar either (ala 7 heaven :help: ) caustic humour, what else can we ask?
It would be great to have a movie!!!!!!!!!!!

Conor
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Ugly Betty is the worst show ever. Well, that or Desperate Shitwives :)

M.P
Apr 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Ugly Betty is the worst show ever. Well, that or Desperate Shitwives :)this is the BEST SHOW EVER
go back to you r dull bitch corner

M.P
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Betty :sobbing:
it's over..it's really over... i think i could not believe it's over
no more betty for my life :sobbing:
betty you had been with me 4 years and RIP :(

Noctis
Apr 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM
R.I.P Betty I watched you ugly I watched you go :sad:

Destiny
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I bloody cried thats the first time since the last episode of friends since i cried at a show :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing: :crying2::crying2::crying2:

ughhhhh so just so ugh

Dodoboy.
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Oh that was hard to keep solid!
So touching!
Please do a family guy and come back! Doesn't deserve this :crying2:

Loved this show!

John.
Apr 15th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Just finished watching :sad: I'm really going to miss the show :crying2:

I loved how the Ugly faded out at the end to just leave Betty.

Hashim.
Apr 15th, 2010, 08:46 PM
^ just what i was going to write;)

Just finished watching:sobbing:
This is always going to be one of my fave shows :tears:

No more Amanda:tears:

The ending was great:D

eck
Apr 15th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Not alot of people watched the finale :o

Hayato
Apr 15th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I'm devastated too :sad: Great ending. So touching, just brilliant. So sad :bigcry:

Kworb
Apr 16th, 2010, 12:49 AM
I hated it. Horrible series finale. But I can't blame them cause I know they didn't want it to end like this.

Hayato
Apr 16th, 2010, 01:51 AM
I hated it. Horrible series finale. But I can't blame them cause I know they didn't want it to end like this.

What didn't you like it about it?

I guess everyone could see how it was rather rushed, not that it was anyone's fault but ABCs, but I was happy with how things ended. I'm glad she went to London, but I couldn't hold back tears when Betty said goodbye to her family. That was shattering!!! :sobbing:

Series 4 was definitely the best!! Followed by Series 1.

Let's hope this push for the Ugly Betty movie comes through. It sounds like it's pretty likely!

Mashabator
Apr 16th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Yes an ugly betty movie would be awesome!

silverwhite
Apr 16th, 2010, 03:25 AM

Yeah, I thought the 2nd last episode was much better. The finale was way too rushed and neatly wrapped up. The scene where Betty was leaving was touching though

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 16th, 2010, 10:24 AM
0wdeJ5D_8yY

I really love the song in the end, called "Beauty In The World" by Macy Gray. :tears:

M2k
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM
The final episode was bittersweet:awww:

Daniel finds out :lol:
wdD6K-yyyZY

Goodbye to Mode
Ik__iCK_ESc
Sad :sad:
n1ALt4ZdZio

M.P
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
it was susposed to have 2 more episode but they cut it down to 20
i just have to blame ABC

M2k
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Betty/Daniel moment @ 1:00 ;)
UxG3uQAEomY

M2k
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:39 AM
it was susposed to have 2 more episode but they cut it down to 20
i just have to blame ABC
Yeah I heard of that :sad:
btw it's funny how Daniel ended up falling for Betty :lol: Anyone remembers what an asshole he was at first?
S-m9BX2K_38&NR=1

Mashabator
Apr 16th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah I heard of that :sad:
btw it's funny how Daniel ended up falling for Betty :lol: Anyone remembers what an asshole he was at first?
S-m9BX2K_38&NR=1

i cry in that bit everytime!
when he makes her be the model!

Kart
Apr 16th, 2010, 01:26 PM
It sucked.

I was waiting for her to snog the face off Daniel :(.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I know. It was really sad when she was trying to model and she was laughed at.

M2k
Apr 16th, 2010, 02:10 PM
It sucked.

I was waiting for her to snog the face off Daniel .

to me it was kinda refreshing... Have the hot guy try to win the ugly girl for once :devil:

joyforall
Apr 16th, 2010, 10:14 PM
i hate the ending like for real! i mean like. come on all of the people (guys) betty finally ended up alone?

i mean her papi got the nurse lady.
hilda got bobby
justin got austin
marc got troy
even willie got craig or whoever his name is.

why did betty have to end up alone?

d'oh

but boy oh boy do the make america look so freaking beautiful in the last scene? a total transformation!
the finale was a little bit rushed, i agreed on that, but yeah all in all i still think it's a good season..

yes i will surely be missing all of them.

i heard all the casts have already secured parts on seperated tv shows if im not mistaken! cant wait to see them!

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 17th, 2010, 01:06 AM
I didn't think the ending was that bad at all. I mean, she didn't exactly ended up alone. I think it's good that they left the audience to kinda decide whether or not Betty and Daniel will happen.

Anyway I read this article and I liked it so I thought I'd share.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/100412/ugly-betty_510.jpg

It is with a heavy heart that I will sit down to watch my last hour of the seminal television show Ugly Betty tonight. Say whatever you will about the quality of the show over the past couple seasons — it may have hit some rough patches creatively — but you can’t deny that Ugly Betty was one of the most beautiful, provoking, delightful dramedies to hit network television in the past decade. Here, in one of my last Ugly Betty posts ever on PopWatch, indulge me as I take a minute to celebrate why the Mode universe that I, and many of you, so deliciously relished over the past four years truly did matter.

On a very personal note, Ugly Betty affected my life in several important ways. I remember watching the pilot back in May 2006, when I worked at a different TV magazine just before landing at Entertainment Weekly. I was mesmerized. Somehow, with just the right amount of wit and grandeur, the Betty creators had managed to put a go-get-’em face — through one very beautiful, but supposedly “ugly,” girl played by American Fererra — on my own experience navigating the treacherous waters of the New York City publishing scene. In a way, ugly duckling Betty was a Mary Tyler Moore for a younger generation.

That pilot, right down to the fade-out song I once loved so, “Suddenly I See,” felt like someone had taken the past couple years of my life, candy-coated it, wrapped it in a Guadalajara poncho, and given it an 8 p.m. time slot on national television. Granted, I was not Betty. I did not work at a fashion magazine. I was not fighting all the bitchery and prejudice that she did. But I understood her plight in so many ways: her desire to reach her dreams, her wanton lust for writing, her near-constant feeling that she was an outsider. The show’s wildly successful run as the lead-in to Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday nights must have meant many other people did, too.
Once I did land at EW, just prior to Ugly Betty’s launch, the show eventually became one of my beats. I blogged about it each week in a TV Watch column here on EW.com, reveled in the clever one-liners through Ugly Betty Bites posts, interviewed its amazing cast and its savvy creator Silvio Horta, and even wrote a book, Find Your Inner Ugly Betty, about how to extrapolate career advice from the show, as well as several others on television at the time. The show all about watching a young career girl move her way up through the ranks had rather unexpectedly and ironically become a boon for my own career.

But the show’s huge imprint on my personal life — and again, I’m sure the personal lives of lots of other people like me — is almost more indelible than all that. Some may think I’m getting too personal here (though I don’t really care because I don’t have secrets), but during the time the show was on, I came out as a gay man. Partly because it was high time. But also party because I felt comfortable with myself after watching the silly, yet steeped-in-reality portrayals of gay people on Ugly Betty. I felt alive after watching hours of a television show where being yourself was not only what people did, but celebrated heartily. Marc, and eventually Justin and a slew of the other characters, did not apologize for who they were. They were proud. So why shouldn’t I be? (And, truly, how can one blog about, write a book about, and obsess about such a gay show and, you know, not actually be gay?)

But the beauty of the show goes beyond those professional and personal reasons. Once a week, we wandered into a land that was at once ridiculously dreamy and shockingly real, where the focus was split between the preposterousness of Mode magazine and absoluteness of the Suarez family’s love. Betty made me wince for her pratfalls and see the good in everything; Wilhelmina made we fall over with her sharp one-liners, withering stares, and amazing fashions; Amanda and Marc made me cry tears of pure comedic joy; Justin made me ache for his bravery; Hilda made me see the best in people; and Ignacio made me feel like I was home. For an hour each week, it felt like a big ol’ serving of heart and soul was on television — something I desperately needed being 1,500 miles from my own family.

I used to write this in my Ugly Betty TV Watch column each week, but I literally cried at least once during each episode. The term “Puffs Moment” was coined by my colleague Michael Slezak, and it meant the time during each Ugly Betty hour where you felt your heart cave in and a tear streak your cheek. Recall: the moment Betty got the job at Mode, when Santos died, when Ignacio suffered a heart attack, when Marc met Cliff, when Justin walked onto that dance floor with Austin last week…the list goes on and on. The fact that the show so smartly and subtly portrayed the coming out of 16-year-old Justin last week is reason enough to love this show and understand why it was so important for network television.
Now, with the final hour of the show airing tonight, I feel like I’m losing a good friend who’s been there for me over the past four seasons. For its beauty, for its wit, for its heart, Ugly Betty mattered.
As for you readers out there, I’d love to share this bittersweet end with you. So tell me in the comments below: Why did Ugly Betty matter to you? How did the show touch your life?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/14/ugly-betty-why-it-mattered/

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 17th, 2010, 02:20 AM
:sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric:

eck
Apr 17th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Holston (or whatever)'s death was the most random thing I've ever seen.

Mashabator
Apr 17th, 2010, 05:36 AM
It showed halstons death cos it wanted us to think it was wilhelminas funeral! :D
Thanks for sharing the article!

Mashabator
Apr 17th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I agree with that person, ugly betty affected my life heaps and i feel like ive lost a friend or something now its over :tears:

Haimar
Apr 17th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Together with some friends we decided to make a whole evening out of the last episode so we went to eat mexican and the got together at my place where we rewatched the penultimate episode + drinking tequila shots and then watched the final episode. I loved hom Wilhelmina eventually got Mode and Amanda was ofcourse her awesome self, but there was something missing IMO I would prefer the ending a little bit more interesting. But it still got emotional when she left her family, that was the sadest moment. Another one of my favourite shows gone after Will & Grace and Sex & the city :sad:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 17th, 2010, 04:43 PM
ABC's musical tribute to Ugly Betty: http://abc.go.com/site/music-lounge/ugly-betty-tribute

Kart
Apr 18th, 2010, 12:31 AM
to me it was kinda refreshing... Have the hot guy try to win the ugly girl for once :devil:

It would have been better if he'd actually had the guts to tell her.

That's the kind of ending I wanted - even if she turned him down.

Kworb
Apr 18th, 2010, 01:33 AM
It would have been better if they hadn't tried to force this completely non-existent romance down our throat :shrug:

I could not roll my eyes enough when Claire was like "I think you have a crush on her" or whatever the hell she was babbling. The whole episode was completely out of character and it ruined the entire series.

M2k
Apr 18th, 2010, 04:25 AM
It would have been better if they hadn't tried to force this completely non-existent romance down our throat :shrug:

I could not roll my eyes enough when Claire was like "I think you have a crush on her" or whatever the hell she was babbling. The whole episode was completely out of character and it ruined the entire series.
Actually wasn't it kind of obvious that both were right for each other ? Claire was right, Betty was more than just a friend to Daniel. He had developed romantic feelings for Betty.

:hearts: Detty :hearts:

M2k
Apr 18th, 2010, 04:36 AM
It would have been better if he'd actually had the guts to tell her.

That's the kind of ending I wanted - even if she turned him down.

I saw the ending as the beginning of a courtship. Maybe the kiss happens after the first date ;)

eck
Apr 18th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I always get goosebumps watching that last part :sobbing:

Kart
Apr 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I saw the ending as the beginning of a courtship. Maybe the kiss happens after the first date ;)

I saw it as that too but, for a program that moved as fast as Ugly Betty did, they could have forwarded a bit to some of the hot action !

M2k
Apr 20th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I saw it as that too but, for a program that moved as fast as Ugly Betty did, they could have forwarded a bit to some of the hot action !

*sight* I also wanted to see some hot action...:awww: no such thing for those rooting for Daniel.

My favorite part about this show was the good songs they used.
Beauty in the World
Ol98METL6w0
Symphonies
cwswsRteRb0
A Love That Will Last
WA-4iawLy9I
Bulletproof
EUsbpmQ9-mc

:hearts:

Hayato
Apr 20th, 2010, 02:10 AM
This was my favourite song from Ugly Betty...so sad and touching!

Golden Dreams - Syd Straw
tzHfGe5yRto

It's played at the end of the 1st episode of Series 2, when we see Hilda crying and realise that Santos is actually dead...makes me really sad to listen to it now that the show is over.

M2k
Apr 20th, 2010, 02:23 AM
This was my favourite song from Ugly Betty...so sad and touching!

Golden Dreams - Syd Straw
Oh that was bittersweet :sad: I wonder why Alexis never made the series finale ? She was such an important character :confused:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 20th, 2010, 03:23 AM
And not to mention all those guest stars they managed to have on the show. :worship:

Oh that was bittersweet :sad: I wonder why Alexis never made the series finale ? She was such an important character :confused:

Because Rebecca Romjin was pregnant and then quit the show.

It was announced that in Season 3, the role of Alexis will be demoted from a regular character to a recurring character. Romijn stated she is unhappy with the direction the writers have given her character. Her exact words to the New York Post's Popwrap were:
"They made a tremendous amount of changes, especially with the writing staff [during the writers' strike]. And while I know I'll be coming back next season, with all the changes, I'm not sure they can take care of my character they way they have been. So I'll be leaving, back in a recurring capacity, but time for me to leave and find something else."

E! Online's Kristin Dos Santos recently reported Alexis will ultimately exit the show in Season 3 due to Romijn's pregnancy.

I guess Christina wouldn't have been pushed down the stairs if Rebecca wasn't gonna leave the show then. :lol:

But I love Christina. I didn't like it when she left, that was sad too. But at least she re-appeared when Betty went to London in the third to the last episode in Season 4 "London Calling".

Hayato
Apr 20th, 2010, 03:34 AM

I know right? She was just whisked away quickly and barely got a mention in the end, other than when Tyler and Claire went to visit her in Paris.

Same goes for Santos, they never mentioned him at all in the final series, and you would think that when Hilda got engaged again, she might have mentioned him.

Christina at least made a re-appearance, but not once did Betty mention the fact she would be living in the same country as her "best friend" when she moved to London!

And the same goes for Elena. Ignacio's girlfriend? I know she lived elsewhere but did they end up together or what? I remember she was at Hilda's wedding but what happened there.

Kworb
Apr 20th, 2010, 08:11 AM
There was so much still to tell :sad:

M.P
Apr 20th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Alexis should come back at the end :(
i always wish to see her

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 9th, 2010, 11:51 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b215346_ugly_bettys_becki_newton_has_baby.html?utm _source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_tv-movies

Ugly Betty's Becki Newton Has a Baby!

It's a boy for Becki Newton! The Ugly Betty star and her hot hubby, Chris Diamantopoulos, welcomed a son last month, their rep tells Us Weekly. No further details were immediately available. Newton, 32 announced in July that she was expecting her first child together after five years together. In a true romantic tale, the duo met in a Times Square subway station and hit it off. Her new TV show, Love Bites, is due to debut next year on NBC.

Mashabator
Dec 9th, 2010, 11:53 PM
:bigcry: seeing this here reminds me of how much i loved this show!
And congrats to becki

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Awww...congrats.:cheer: I also miss Ugly Betty.:sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 10th, 2010, 12:03 AM
^^ I agree with you guys. It's a show that should've lasted atleast a couple more seasons :tears:

Mashabator
Dec 10th, 2010, 12:14 AM
it was goat :tears: i cried at the end when it showed her reflection in the car windows :bigcry:

M2k
Dec 10th, 2010, 04:54 AM
I loved Betty :sobbing:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Dec 10th, 2010, 06:01 AM
You guys :sobbing: bumping this thread made me mistakenly think that there's going to be an Ugly Betty movie.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 10th, 2010, 06:12 AM
You guys :sobbing: bumping this thread made me mistakenly think that there's going to be an Ugly Betty movie.

:hug:

M.P
Dec 10th, 2010, 08:36 AM

me too :spit:

M.P
Dec 10th, 2010, 08:39 AM
at least 2 more season!

Steven.
Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
i just finished marathoning ugly betty and i'm suffering from PSD really badly :sobbing: I spent the last hour on tumblr going through ugly betty stuff cos I can't fucking deal. All the characters were amaze, like it's impossible to hate any of them.

i wish things worked out for cliff/marc, wilhemina/connor and daniel/molly fml

and i'm so in love with marc, like it's beyond an unhealthy obsession, he is perfection minus the cheating part. but i would've totally forgiven him if i were cliff :hysteric:

best part of the series
3ufnzpAz3IU
it never gets old :sobbing:

Steven.
Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6lpxnb2I21qawhhho1_500.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6lpxnb2I21qawhhho2_500.gif

:hysteric:

Flavia P.
Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Michael Urie is really cute. I liked him on the show. He was probably my favorite cast member.

Steven.
Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:07 PM
all the main casts are really amazing but amanda and marc are dolls. ugh love them so much! marc is perfection! he's so sassy and funny yet so nice at the same time, and he has the most entertaining relationship with everyone I think (wilhemina, mandy, betty, christina, justin). and omfg yes he's the cutest ever :oh:

the most beautiful thing about the show is how they slowly show u how flawed and vulnerable all the characters r deep down :awww:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
i just finished marathoning ugly betty and i'm suffering from PSD really badly :sobbing: I spent the last hour on tumblr going through ugly betty stuff cos I can't fucking deal. All the characters were amaze, like it's impossible to hate any of them.

i wish things worked out for cliff/marc, wilhemina/connor and daniel/molly fml

and i'm so in love with marc, like it's beyond an unhealthy obsession, he is perfection minus the cheating part. but i would've totally forgiven him if i were cliff :hysteric:

best part of the series
3ufnzpAz3IU
it never gets old :sobbing:

I miss Betty as well :awww: It ended a couple seasons too soon IMO :sad:

Cosmic Voices
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Ugly Betty was one of the greatest tv shows ever to grace my living room :bowdown:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3z7c0nspS1ru2ttoo1_500.gif

Utautai
Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
:crying2: I went through the final season over one weekend just this September.. :sobbing:
They were all great characters :awww: especially Amanda and Marc :oh:

Steven.
Nov 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM
i totally ship marc and amanda. my life was made when they made out :sobbing:

wild.river
Nov 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM
DETTY :hearts::hearts:

the last scene :hysteric:
Xoao23wfgbI

she was so much hotter than daniel by the end :o

LeRoy.
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:31 PM
She was too hot for Daniel ? :unsure:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls5ow4kE781qzcby5o1_500.jpg

wild.river
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
She was too hot for Daniel ? :unsure:

yes...
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ld/ugly_betty_film_set_4_050410/america_ferrera_2797740.jpg

or in general...
http://cdn.imnotobsessed.com/wp-content/uploads/FP_8097804_BIG_Ferrera_America_14_18.jpg

LeRoy.
Nov 24th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I am sorry but I think she is very average/plain looking.

He is gorgeous. :hearts:

wild.river
Nov 24th, 2012, 06:05 PM
maybe my perspective is skewed because i recently watched a lifetime movie where he plays a dork.

FedererBulgaria
Nov 24th, 2012, 06:34 PM
love her <3

Steven.
Nov 25th, 2012, 04:18 AM
america ferrera is really average yeah. even makeup doesn't make her look great but that's just me

wild.river
Nov 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM
that's strange. it's not even my inner feminist speaking..i genuine find her extremely attractive.

donellcarey
Nov 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Ugly Betty was one of the greatest tv shows ever to grace my living room :bowdown:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3z7c0nspS1ru2ttoo1_500.gif

:haha:

Mashabator
Nov 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Fuck my life i need this show back :sad:

Utautai
Dec 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Watching: Mode After Hours webisodes :oh: Marc & Amanda :oh:

Mashabator
Dec 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
America Fererra is stunning!!! and i miss this show so much :sad:

M2k
Dec 8th, 2012, 03:09 AM
DETTY :hearts::hearts:

the last scene :hysteric:
Xoao23wfgbI
That was the perfect ending...

Justin's coming out was another great scene.

8zUN_Ki-VGA

Mashabator
Dec 8th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I loved the bit at the end when she was in the car and it shows the old her then the new her and how much she has changed :sobbing: cried so much there

Steven.
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Watching: Mode After Hours webisodes :oh: Marc & Amanda :oh:

omfg I got excited when I found out about this soon after finishing ugly betty but i was kinda disappointed. i thought it was gonna be like a spin off sorta like daria was to bevis and the butthead but nope they were just short clips that weren't even that funny :o

they are so hilarious tho omfg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1T2eQm6R4&t=2m07s watch from here to 3:08 CAN'T DEAL :hysteric:

excuuuuuuse me wilhemina i have a VERY important question to ask you. which of these is the cabbage patch and which of these is the prep :hysteric:

tbh tho something i really hate about ugly betty is that u can't really predict which episode will be full of humour and which will be super serious and sad, there's never a balance AND IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY cos sometimes i just want 2 have a laugh okay

wild.river
Dec 8th, 2012, 02:54 PM
i like how the last shot says "ugly betty" and then just "betty" :hysteric: