PDA

View Full Version : Will Anna play tomorrow?

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:14 PM
What do you think? I say she will because if it was really, really bad then I think she would have just pulled out of the singles today. I think she will be feeling better. She only withdrew from the doubles because she was probably just scared to do something to it when she felt some pain...I REALLY HOPE SHE PLAYS!!! But I also hope that if she really is injured than she make the right decision...

Yak
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:27 PM
I don't think she will! And I don't want her to play if she isn't 100%...

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:34 PM
sprained ankles not too be taken lightly

if there is any swelling there is no chance for her to play

Philip
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:50 PM
:( get better soon anna, hopefully by tomorrow ;)

auntie janie
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:44 PM
There is always the example of Daniela at the US Open -- if it was a minor twist rather than an actual tear in the ligaments, it could be taped and she will be able to play.

There is such a HUGE range of injuries called "sprained ankle'! I'm sure an MRI has been done; that will determine the extent of the injury and help determine how soon she can play.

Warrior
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:14 PM
She shouldn't play!

Meesh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:37 PM
It must not of been too bad if she went out and played one more game after twisting it. Still I say no.

CellJr300
Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:13 AM
I think she will play, but if it ends up being serious I hope she doesn't.

aussiefan83
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:36 AM
provided it is only a light sprain, there is no reason why she shouldnt play with it strapped (although she may be in discomfort)

however if there is ligament damage, there would be no decision to make as it would be impossible to play.

hope shes ok though!!!

Dawn Marie
Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:48 AM
She'll play but withdraw later by aggravating the ankle.