PDA

View Full Version : Women's ITA Team Indoor Championships

johnnytennis
Feb 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM
Can someone explain how the draws are set up for this event. I noticed last year that the host team Wisconsin opened-up playing an #8 seed which seems a little strange to me.

Tennisace
Feb 3rd, 2010, 05:52 AM
I know for sure that they plant the seeds in the draw (this is different from the WTA where the No. 1 seed can play any of the No. 5-8 seeds:

1 vs. 8
4 vs. 5

3 vs. 6
2 vs. 7

I'm not entirely sure how they draw the other 8 teams, although I have a feeling they try to avoid conference match-ups.

2nd_serve
Feb 5th, 2010, 02:59 AM
No. 1 Duke vs. Wisconsin

- No. 2 Northwestern vs. Tennessee

- No. 3 California vs. Georgia Tech

- No. 4 Georgia vs. North Carolina

- No. 5 Baylor vs. Florida State

- No. 6 Miami (FL) vs. UCLA

- No. 7 Florida vs. Michigan

- No. 8 USC vs. Clemson

Source (http://www.itatennis.com/AboutITA/News/USC__Duke_take_No__1_Campbell_ITA_Rankings_to_ITA_ National_Team_Indoors.htm)

Draw at (http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_assets/pdf/Women$!27s+National+Team+Indoor/2010+Women$!27s+Team+Indoor+(Wisconsin)/2010+WTI+Draw.pdf)

desariofan
Feb 5th, 2010, 07:13 AM
wow interesting. who do u think will come out on top?

UFGatorFan
Feb 9th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I'm biased, but I think Florida has a great shot to win this. They've looked extremely strong in doubles and singles to this point. Granted, they haven't yet faced any of the very best teams, but their lineup is so deep. They looked really good this afternoon in sweeping USF, especially 1-5 singles, with just dominating efforts. Of course, they don't really play indoors much, so that's a factor for sure.

desariofan
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Florida has a good shot, but they've not performed well in indoors.

I am betting no Northwestern. But, would love the gators to win!

I'll be there @ the nationals to cheer the gators on. It's going to be held in Athens, Ga.

UFGatorFan
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Historically they have, when they actually play there. I think they've won it 6 times before. I'm just glad they're actually playing in it this year and healthy. Last year was the first time they played in a while, but they only had 5 healthy players.

Tennisace
Feb 9th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2
North Carolina def. Georgia 4-3
Baylor def. Florida State 4-0

UCLA def. Miami 4-2
Cal def. Georgia Tech 4-3
Florida def. Michigan 4-0
Northwestern def. Tennessee 4-2

Quarterfinals
USC def. Duke 4-0
Baylor def. North Carolina 4-3
UCLA def. Cal 4-2
Florida def. Northwestern 4-0

Semifinals
USC def. Baylor 4-2
Florida def. UCLA 4-1

Finals
Florida def. USC 4-1

johnnytennis
Feb 9th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2

UCLA def. Miami 4-2

Quarterfinals
USC def. Duke 4-0
UCLA def. Cal 4-2

Semifinals
USC def. Baylor 4-2
Florida def. UCLA 4-1

Finals
Florida def. USC 4-1

I wouldn't count out anyone of the 15 teams. Florida hasn't played anyone yet even during the ITF qualifying weekend. When you're playing teams of this caliber, they are all very good teams and not a huge difference between any of them. Look at lasts years first round matches. I think all but one or two of them finished at 4-3. I will predict that Florida wont be there at the end!

desariofan
Feb 9th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't count out anyone of the 15 teams. Florida hasn't played anyone yet even during the ITF qualifying weekend. When you're playing teams of this caliber, they are all very good teams and not a huge difference between any of them. Look at lasts years first round matches. I think all but one or two of them finished at 4-3. I will predict that Florida wont be there at the end!

I think you meant to say FL will? lol

FL has a tremendous lineup and crazy deep talents. Where else would you see a top 10 player from last year playing at # 3 position in the team? Lauren & Allie are pretty much the #1 and #2 ranked junior in their graduating years.

For predictions, I say Duke rolls past Wisconsin, but loses to USC in a close match. And I see Baylor beat USC and will be in the finals.

UF beats Cal to face Baylor.

UF 4-0.

fantic
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2

UCLA def. Miami 4-2

Quarterfinals
USC def. Duke 4-0
UCLA def. Cal 4-2

Semifinals
USC def. Baylor 4-2
Florida def. UCLA 4-1

Finals
Florida def. USC 4-1

UCLA vs Miami, NU vs TENN, Cal vs GT would be interesting.

USC def. Duke you mean USC will sweep the lower positions? :lol:
Baylor has solid lineup, so you never know..
and yes, I also will bet on Florida.

2nd_serve
Feb 12th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Scores (http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/itaChamps.html)starting to come in from first round the morning matches.

Doubles point won by
UNC
Baylor
Florida
Northwestern

Embittered
Feb 12th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2

UCLA def. Miami 4-2
Brave to give such precise scores when the final score is highly dependent on the order the matches are played in.;)

Mind you, they seem to have played out the doubles so far. If they do the same for the singles, you've got no chance except with your 4-3 predictions.

fantic
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2

UCLA def. Miami 4-2

Duke def. Wisc 6-1
USC def CU 4-2
UNC def UGA 5-2
BU def FLst 5-2

UCLA def UM 4-0
Cal def GT 4-2
UF def MICH 5-2
NU def TENN 6-1

Tennisace you got USC vs CU right :bounce:

and Falconi revenged the loss at Indoors :lol:
Mosolova also revenged the loss at WAATC
and I told you guys, Muresan is the player to watch! She
beat Embree.
I thought Marand was the better player, surprised that she
lost to Gilchrist (remember she was bagelled by Lao at WAATC)
and Schnack won against Vallverdu again, after WAATC
Gullickson seemed to have struggled against Tsang, and
Hyndman lost again..
and Hmmm, where is Florida State's Scharle?
and I told you guys USC's lower positions are good, #6 Andrews, #4 Pulido, #3 Lao won the match in that order..without Fansler playing :worship: (hope Fansler is not ill or something)

Tennisace
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Brave to give such precise scores when the final score is highly dependent on the order the matches are played in.;)

Mind you, they seem to have played out the doubles so far. If they do the same for the singles, you've got no chance except with your 4-3 predictions.

Ahhhh yes I forgot about that. But I did go 8 for 8 :)

If they had only played to 4 the scores would have been:

Duke 4-0
USC 4-2
North Carolina 4-1
Baylor 4-2

UCLA 4-0
Cal 4-1
Florida 4-0
Northwestern 4-1

Since they played 2, 4, 6 first I believe for the quarterfinals they play 1, 3, 5 first.

fantic
Feb 13th, 2010, 03:14 AM
ok prediction for USC vs Duke

Sanchez vs Zsilinszka ; USC
Ramos vs Nze ; Duke
Lao vs Plotkin; USC
Pulido vs Granson ; USC
Entekhabi vs Gorny; hope USC :lol:
Andrews vs Clayton; USC

and I think USC will win the doubles point, although I haven't seen the current
Duke doubles in action :lol:

desariofan
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I wanna do something with UF vs NW!!

#12 Mosolova vs #15 Embree - Embree's going to want to redeem herself from the lost yesterday, but Mosolova's hungry too: NW in 2 tight sets.

#48 Murray vs #13 Will - Will is too good @ #2 position: UF in 2.

#85 Turvy vs #81 Boonstra - see above: UF in 2.

Lui vs #92 Revzina - Revzina is 7-0 in this position: UF in 2.

Wowchuk vs Hitimana - Hitimana fights back from a loss yesterday: UF in 2.

Lee vs Barlette - Barlette runs out of steam: NW in 2.

Lauren Lui/Elena Chernyakova vs Boonstra/Will - The gator pair is unstoppable so far: UF

Maria Mosolova/Brittany Wowchuk vs Embree/Revzina - as above: UF

Samantha Murray/Kate Turvy vs Hitimana/Mather - Could be either: UF

UF 5, NW 2

desariofan
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Ahhhh yes I forgot about that. But I did go 8 for 8 :)

If they had only played to 4 the scores would have been:

Duke 4-0
USC 4-2
North Carolina 4-1
Baylor 4-2

UCLA 4-0
Cal 4-1
Florida 4-0
Northwestern 4-1

Since they played 2, 4, 6 first I believe for the quarterfinals they play 1, 3, 5 first.

whats ur prediction for quarters?

fantic
Feb 13th, 2010, 05:03 AM
he already posted above!

well USC, BU, UF is obvious, I think. UCLA vs CAL would be really interesting..

I think UCLA will win the doubles point.

Schnack vs Juricova dunno, could go either way
Remynse vs Cossou CAL, but this could be interesting
Hickey vs Andersson CAL
Montez vs Siwosz
Pantic vs Goransson
Johansson vs Davis J playing at #6? strange... UCLA

I haven't seen Siwosz & Goransson, so don't know what to say..the outcome may be decided at the
lower positions..

2nd_serve
Feb 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Time for Predictions

Quarterfinals
USC def. Duke 4-0
UCLA def. Cal 4-2

Semifinals
USC def. Baylor 4-2
Florida def. UCLA 4-1

Finals
Florida def. USC 4-1

UNC match is also the one to watch, I'm going with UNC.

fantic
Feb 13th, 2010, 10:05 PM
TENN 4 GT 3

OMG Whoriskey defeated Falconi in 3 sets :eek:

I thought W's ranking #6 was a bit high (she did defeat Mosolova but Ramos did that twice this season..and she struggled against Lao at WAATC), but this result is amazing.

its_a_racquet
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Cats just tied things up with the Gators at 2-2........go Northwestern (love rooting for the underdog :-)

its_a_racquet
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Murray and Lui (at #2 and #4) both win first sets for the Cats. The online "live" scoring at Wisconsin is way behind.....the group at the Men's Indoors is doing a much better job of keeping things current.

Duke, North Carolina and Cal all to semi's.........Cats and Gators only quarter left unfinished.........

desariofan
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:20 AM
what is going on ? DID NW win against UF!??

desariofan
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:22 AM
ok allie wont #2 singles to even it up 3-3, but whats going on with #6 singles??

desariofan
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:25 AM
and i didn't think nasty and caro would go down @ #4 and #5...

UFGatorFan
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Yeah, the "live" stats leave a lot to be desired.

desariofan
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Yeah, the "live" stats leave a lot to be desired.

its coming down to claire. how did she get herself in that situation after winning 6-0 in the first set @ #6? damn.

tucker1989
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:49 AM
This is an epic match

desariofan
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:50 AM
so far it is. 3-2 UF third set!

desariofan
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:52 AM
4-3... omg

desariofan
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:02 AM
5-4 OMG is it on serve or???

tucker1989
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:05 AM
I think it must be on serve

UFGatorFan
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:09 AM
It's past midnight in the East. This is why I hate the format they use for the women's. The way the men do it is much better.

tucker1989
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Wow, way to go Northwestern! They are close to unbeatable indoors still

Tennisace
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I hope they'll be good and tired for Cal :D

fantic
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:49 AM
ok, 3 of my prediction went wrong, I'm outta here :sobbing:

Lao & Pulido both losing, and Entekhabi, who was so solid last year..I guess Fansler needs to be back :lol:

Baylor..lost the doubles, last yr's #1 Ormond still losing at lower position..

Hickey defeated Cossou, Davis defeated Seguso, crazy results..

And Florida lost in the lower positions...where's their depth :lol:

I'm going to console myself with chocolate chip cookies and Gossip Girl season 2 :sobbing:

desariofan
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:14 AM
well i shoulda stuck to my original prediction that NW was going to win it all. They are just a very good indoors team and the defending champs anyway. FL fought hard, Will @ #2 gave UF a good chance, but Barlette @ #6 just couldn't close it out.

The depth is certainly there, but UF has a young team and this is exactly what they needed to grow and be tougher for the next come around. Embree hasn't really been a factor yet, which is a shame, losing 2 straight matches. I am sure she'll pick up the leadership role in no time.

fantic
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:49 AM
as I said earlier, BOONSTRA SHOULD RESUME #1 FROM LAST YEAR. ;P It'll load off some pressure from Embree, so it'll be a win-win :bounce:

Tennisace
Feb 14th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I love how I went 0-4 based on my original predictions. :) But am glad that Cal was able to squeak the win over UCLA. Despite the leadership at the top three positions Cal is a young team at the bottom and is really going to need them to step up if they want to finally win an NCAA title (although last year was Cal's best chance).

fantic
Feb 14th, 2010, 03:11 PM
UCLA losing the doubles pt was surprising. And Schnack/Remynse losing 1-8 ? Andersson/Juricova wasn't good this season so far..

USC's loss at doubles was also big, thought Mang, Cecil out Duke's doubles have weakened...of course, USC still needs to work out their doubles.

I thought #1 was a bit weak, but I BELIEVED #2 Ramos/Lao :lol: not a good result for Lao, I guess, ah well, they both are young and I'm sure they'll get better ;)

2nd_serve
Feb 14th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I love how I went 0-4 based on my original predictions. :) But am glad that Cal was able to squeak the win over UCLA. Despite the leadership at the top three positions Cal is a young team at the bottom and is really going to need them to step up if they want to finally win an NCAA title (although last year was Cal's best chance).

So how do you get the conclusion that Cal is a young team at the bottom? The other thread on this forum identifies Cal's #4 as a 21 year old freshman who is now a senior, after transfer. And the #5 player, has an atypical birthday for a freshman of 19/08/1989 and long page full of ITF tournament experience before become a freshman.

Tennisace
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:35 PM
So how do you get the conclusion that Cal is a young team at the bottom? The other thread on this forum identifies Cal's #4 as a 21 year old freshman who is now a senior, after transfer. And the #5 player, has an atypical birthday for a freshman of 19/08/1989 and long page full of ITF tournament experience before become a freshman.

First of all, I believe that just because you are older doesn't mean you are necessarily better than someone younger.

True that Kasia has experience playing at the college level although playing No. 6 vs. No. 4 is real no comparison. Kasia isn't really that good of a tennis player. If you look at her Baylor record she pretty much struggled at that level. Frankly I am surprised that Cal has her at No. 4. In fact I think that there might be some integrity issues with the line-up (No. 6 Davis beat Siwosz 6-4, 6-1 at the Cal Nike Invitational). She seems to be a sacrificial lamb for Cal...she's gone 0-2 so far.

Goransson really hasn't been that impressive so far. To clarify my "young" term I meant they have yet to really learn from Augustus. I feel that most players at Cal (including the Brogan era) tend to get better as their college career advances. Bobusic and Ilcinkas did not have stellar results in their first two years at Cal and then they really hit their strides.

Tennisace
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Michigan really has been the star of the Indoors. It'll be interesting to see if they can translate their success outdoors.

its_a_racquet
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Tennisace - not sure how you come to the conclusion that Michigan has been the star of the Indoors, unless you mean relative to your (personal)expectations? Seems like someone saying the Colts were the star of the Super Bowl's 1st quarter.....

Most here had Northwestern losing 4-0 to Florida yet they beat them as one example of another team vying for "star" of the indoors, however, it's still early in the event so I'll hold judgement.

Having said all that, Michigan is definitely building a great program and is (very) worthy of a top 10 / top 15 ranking.

Tennisace
Feb 14th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Tennisace - not sure how you come to the conclusion that Michigan has been the star of the Indoors, unless you mean relative to your (personal)expectations? Seems like someone saying the Colts were the star of the Super Bowl's 1st quarter.....

Most here had Northwestern losing 4-0 to Florida yet they beat them as one example of another team vying for "star" of the indoors, however, it's still early in the event so I'll hold judgement.

Having said all that, Michigan is definitely building a great program and is (very) worthy of a top 10 / top 15 ranking.

Let me rephrase Michigan as being the Cinderella team. They have shown that they can compete with the top teams (at least indoors).

Northwestern pulling it off was a big deal. Should have known better since they are an indoor team. I think they will take out Cal. It will be interesting in the outdoor season to see if they can translate their wins to outdoors which they have struggled with in the past.

fantic
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Vallverdu defeated Gullickson again.

And Muresan defeated Bek..I guess her ranking will skyrocket :lol: MICH def. CU 5-2..

And, Whoriskey was bagelled in the 1st set and lost to McCreless :lol:

Tennisace
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Cal getting swept at the bottom against Northwestern shows off what is Cal's achilles heel this year. Siwosz goes 0-3, Goransson 1-2, and Davis 2-1 for the tournament, that's not going to cut it if they finally want to win a team title. Goransson and Davis especially needed more of a fight in the second.

Cossou was disappointing going 1-2. Let's hope she's not injured.

Congrats to Northwestern.

its_a_racquet
Feb 15th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Cal getting swept at the bottom against Northwestern shows off what is Cal's achilles heel this year. Siwosz goes 0-3, Goransson 1-2, and Davis 2-1 for the tournament, that's not going to cut it if they finally want to win a team title. Goransson and Davis especially needed more of a fight in the second.

Cossou was disappointing going 1-2. Let's hope she's not injured.

Congrats to Northwestern.

tennisace - definitely agree about MI being the cinderalla and NC being the CINDERELLA in that they just def. Duke........

should be a great final tomorrow.......

fantic
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Tsang being #1 AND beating Zsilinszka, wow. And UNC doubles are good..(glad that Hemm, whom I saw play at Pomona and win the doubles, doing well there)

Mosolova still couldn't find a way against Juricova, but knowing her style, it's to be expected..BOTH teem sustained huge loses, and NU gets revenge ;)

USC vs BU was as expected

And UCLA vs UF result is UNexpected, especially the score :lol: I'm shocked that Boonstra lost to Hickey :sobbing:

desariofan
Feb 15th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Tsang being #1 AND beating Zsilinszka, wow. And UNC doubles are good..(glad that Hemm, whom I saw play at Pomona and win the doubles, doing well there)

Mosolova still couldn't find a way against Juricova, but knowing her style, it's to be expected..BOTH teem sustained huge loses, and NU gets revenge ;)

USC vs BU was as expected

And UCLA vs UF result is UNexpected, especially the score :lol: I'm shocked that Boonstra lost to Hickey :sobbing:

well, coming back from a 15 hour turn around and play the national champions from 2 years ago was a lot to ask for to this young team. But, Will continues to astound me with her tenacity and improvement. She's won 3 matches in 3 days against some quality opponents.

UF coach really need to rethink the lineups again. Embree seems to burn out easy and Marrit feels right at home if she were played @ #1.

The is indeed unexpected, but also not a surprising result since UF isn't an indoor team per se.

its_a_racquet
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM
well, coming back from a 15 hour turn around and play the national champions from 2 years ago was a lot to ask for to this young team. But, Will continues to astound me with her tenacity and improvement. She's won 3 matches in 3 days against some quality opponents.

UF coach really need to rethink the lineups again. Embree seems to burn out easy and Marrit feels right at home if she were played @ #1.

The is indeed unexpected, but also not a surprising result since UF isn't an indoor team per se.

You could make a case for Will playing #1 too...........

Regarding Outdoors vs. Indoors............My opinion is that it is easier for an indoor team to transition outdoors than an outdoor team to transition indoors (generally).

On Northwestern's spring break in March, they are playing Duke and North Carolina away in dual matches....so at least for NC, NU will get the chance to play both in and outside against them this year.

When NC def. Notre Dame to make it to ITA's, I thought ND might be having an off year, etc., but with how NC is playing, ND just had a tough regional draw with them not making it to the final 16.

its_a_racquet
Feb 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM
The men's ITA final has live stats/updates today. I know hoping for video is asking for much, but at least someone can follow the results.

On the other hand, the women's ITA final doesn't even have any live stats. I guess most of the team's have gone home so what's the point in covering the final? Nice.

Thanks ITA. Thanks Wisconsin.

johnnytennis
Feb 15th, 2010, 05:58 PM
The men's ITA final has live stats/updates today. I know hoping for video is asking for much, but at least someone can follow the results.

On the other hand, the women's ITA final doesn't even have any live stats. I guess most of the team's have gone home so what's the point in covering the final? Nice.

Thanks ITA. Thanks Wisconsin.

Women's has live stats. If you are using AOL, forget it. Go on Internet Explorer instead.
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/itaChamps.html

its_a_racquet
Feb 15th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Women's has live stats. If you are using AOL, forget it. Go on Internet Explorer instead.
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/itaChamps.html

hmmmmmmmmmm.......I am using Explorer and have been since Friday, enjoying the coverage (even though it lagged quite a bit during matches). I just went to site again (1:05 Eastern) and got this message, so not sure what the deal is?! Johnny - if you can view, can you leave updates periodically - sure you don't have anything else going on -- ha ha. Anyway, thanks for info.......

ITA Championships
Feb 15, 2010 at Madison, Wis.
(Nielsen Tennis Stadium)
Live Match Update
This match has not yet started. This page will refresh when there is match data available.

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 06:09 PM
#1 DOUBLES 1 2 3 Notes
#6 Sophi Grabinski/Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 5
Elena Chernyakova/Lauren Lui, Northwestern 6

#2 DOUBLES 1 2 3 Notes
#22 Katrina Tsang/Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 8 Order of finish: 1
Brittany Wowchuk/Maria Mosolova, Northwestern 4

#3 DOUBLES 1 2 3 Notes
#28 Jocelyn Ffriend/Haley Hemm, North Carolina 5 Order of finish: 2
Kate Turvy/Samantha Murray, Northwestern 8

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 06:15 PM
#1 DOUBLES 1 2 3 Notes
#6 Sophi Grabinski/Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 6 Order of finish: 3
Elena Chernyakova/Lauren Lui, Northwestern 8

#2 DOUBLES 1 2 3 Notes
#22 Katrina Tsang/Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 8 Order of finish: 1
Brittany Wowchuk/Maria Mosolova, Northwestern 4

#3 DOUBLES 1 2 3 Notes
#28 Jocelyn Ffriend/Haley Hemm, North Carolina 5 Order of finish: 2
Kate Turvy/Samantha Murray, Northwestern 8

its_a_racquet
Feb 15th, 2010, 06:28 PM
2nd Serve -- thank you thank you thank you........

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 06:39 PM
#1 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#100 Katrina Tsang, North Carolina
#12 Maria Mosolova, Northwestern

#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#25 Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 1
#48 Samantha Murray, Northwestern 1

#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Jelena Durisic, North Carolina 1
#85 Kate Turvy, Northwestern 2

#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Zoe De Bruycker, North Carolina 1
Lauren Lui, Northwestern 1

#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Sophi Grabinski, North Carolina 1
Brittany Wowchuk, Northwestern 0

#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 0
Stacey Lee, Northwestern 1

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
#1 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#100 Katrina Tsang, North Carolina 3
#12 Maria Mosolova, Northwestern 2

#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#25 Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 4
#48 Samantha Murray, Northwestern 3

#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Jelena Durisic, North Carolina 5
#85 Kate Turvy, Northwestern 2

#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Zoe De Bruycker, North Carolina 2
Lauren Lui, Northwestern 3

#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Sophi Grabinski, North Carolina 2
Brittany Wowchuk, Northwestern 3

#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 2
Stacey Lee, Northwestern 4

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:06 PM
#1 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#100 Katrina Tsang, North Carolina 3
#12 Maria Mosolova, Northwestern 3

#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#25 Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 5
#48 Samantha Murray, Northwestern 4

#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Jelena Durisic, North Carolina 6 0
#85 Kate Turvy, Northwestern 2 1

#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Zoe De Bruycker, North Carolina 3
Lauren Lui, Northwestern 4

#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Sophi Grabinski, North Carolina 4

#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 4
Stacey Lee, Northwestern 5

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:12 PM
#1 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#100 Katrina Tsang, North Carolina 4

#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#25 Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 6
#48 Samantha Murray, Northwestern 4

#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Jelena Durisic, North Carolina 6 1
#85 Kate Turvy, Northwestern 2 2

#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Zoe De Bruycker, North Carolina 3
Lauren Lui, Northwestern 6

#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Sophi Grabinski, North Carolina 5

#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 5

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM
#1 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#100 Katrina Tsang, North Carolina 5

#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#25 Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 6 0
#48 Samantha Murray, Northwestern 4 1

#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Jelena Durisic, North Carolina 6 2
#85 Kate Turvy, Northwestern 2 3

#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Zoe De Bruycker, North Carolina 3 2
Lauren Lui, Northwestern 6 0

#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Sophi Grabinski, North Carolina 6
Brittany Wowchuk, Northwestern 4

#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 7

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:31 PM
#1 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#100 Katrina Tsang, North Carolina 5
#12 Maria Mosolova, Northwestern 5

#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#25 Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 6 0
#48 Samantha Murray, Northwestern 4 2

#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Jelena Durisic, North Carolina 6 2
#85 Kate Turvy, Northwestern 2 6

#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Zoe De Bruycker, North Carolina 3 2
Lauren Lui, Northwestern 6 2

#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Sophi Grabinski, North Carolina 6 2
Brittany Wowchuk, Northwestern 4 1

#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 7 0
Stacey Lee, Northwestern 5 1

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Fore score updates, your own your own for a while.

#100 Katrina Tsang, North Carolina 6
#12 Maria Mosolova, Northwestern 7

#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#25 Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 6 2
#48 Samantha Murray, Northwestern 4 5

#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Jelena Durisic, North Carolina 6 2 2
#85 Kate Turvy, Northwestern 2 6 1

#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Zoe De Bruycker, North Carolina 3 4
Lauren Lui, Northwestern 6 5

#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Sophi Grabinski, North Carolina 6 5
Brittany Wowchuk, Northwestern 4 2

#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 7 3
Stacey Lee, Northwestern 5 4

Embittered
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Tsang - Mosolova 6-7 3-3
Marand - Murray 6-4 2-6 0-3
Durisic def. Topsy 6-2 2-6 6-2
Brucker lost to Lui 3-6 4-6
Grabinski def. Wowchuk 6-4 6-2
Featherston - Lee 7-5 5-6

T - M 4-3
M - M 0-4
F - L 6-6

M-M 0-5

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:28 PM
#1 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#100 Katrina Tsang, North Carolina 6 4
#12 Maria Mosolova, Northwestern 7 3

#2 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
#25 Sanaz Marand, North Carolina 6 2 0
#48 Samantha Murray, Northwestern 4 6 5

#3 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Jelena Durisic, North Carolina 6 2 6 Order of finish: 3
#85 Kate Turvy, Northwestern 2 6 2

#4 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Zoe De Bruycker, North Carolina 3 4 Order of finish: 2
Lauren Lui, Northwestern 6 6

#5 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Sophi Grabinski, North Carolina 6 6 Order of finish: 1
Brittany Wowchuk, Northwestern 4 2

#6 SINGLES 1 2 3 Notes
Shinann Featherston, North Carolina 7 6
Stacey Lee, Northwestern 5 6

Embittered
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Two sets to go. NU needs to win just one of them.

2nd_serve
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Two sets to go. NU needs to win just one of them.

And up 3-0 in both

Embittered
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Mosolova takes the third 6-1, NU wins 4-2 and retains the title.

johnnytennis
Feb 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
What I came away with this weekend at the ITA Indoors:
Northwestern looks to still the best team in the country hands down! North Carolina is a team that has really surprised a lot of people with three solid wins and looks to be a top 5 team. Michigan looks a lot stronger this year getting two solid wins against Miami and Clemson.

Teams I was a little surprised at were:
Georgia Tech and Clemson only being able to get one win this weekend against host Wisconsin. I also thought Georgia would be a stronger team considering they were the four seed.

Tennisace
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:32 PM
tennisace - definitely agree about MI being the cinderalla and NC being the CINDERELLA in that they just def. Duke........

should be a great final tomorrow.......

North Carolina had some good wins coming into the Indoors so they weren't as much of a shock to do well here (not to mention they have three excellent doubles teams). But I do think they proved that they are a top caliber team and not just an occasional upset kind of team. As for Michigan, prior to the Indoors they gave some top teams a run for the money but benefited from a regional that was very even in talent (Arkansas, South Carolina, Washington). This weekend they proved that they can compete with the best.

It will be interesting to see if they can sustain the momentum outdoors (along with Michigan and Northwestern).

I think Northwestern proved almost everyone wrong. Time and time again though the question is can they repeat their success outdoors.

Tennisace
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Northwestern looks to still the best team in the country hands down! North Carolina is a team that has really surprised a lot of people with three solid wins and looks to be a top 5 team. Michigan looks a lot stronger this year getting two solid wins against Miami and Clemson.

Georgia Tech and Clemson only being able to get one win this weekend against host Wisconsin. I also thought Georgia would be a stronger team considering they were the four seed.

Hyndman has been disappointing at No. 3. It always surprises me that a school of Georgia's caliber can only field six scholarship players. I think its really hurting them. I'm curious what happened to Alex Naydenova who transfered to Arizona without even playing for Georgia.

Interesting article on Naydenova: http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/sports/tennis-duo-transfer-from-southeast-to-southwest-1.1088306

Sounds like she didn't get along with the coach.

fantic
Feb 16th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Rose, Ghazal and Robison graduating and still retaining the title? Kudos to NU.
Murray defeating Marand is ..wow
And who knew that Chernyakova/Lui would defeat Grabinski/Marand :lol:

And, who is Jelena Durisic? It seems that UNC has a real shot at ACC champ this year..

HanaFanGA
Feb 16th, 2010, 07:15 PM

I was disappointed that the Lady Dawgs lost to Clemson. But I give Clemson credit, the last 2 times we had played them we only won by 4-3. As for the GT ladies, they will be another tough team to handle.

Not sure how good UGA will be this year. I'm hoping this will be a team that gels as the season goes on. But that's why you play these kinds of teams and events in the early part of the year.

Tennisace
Feb 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM
The Indoor Team has been announced: http://www.itatennis.com/AboutITA/News/2010_ITA_All-Tournament_Team_announced_for_ITA_National_Women_s _Team_Indoor_Championship.htm

2010 ITA National Women’s Team Indoor Championships All-Tournament Team

Singles
No. 1 – Maria Mosolova, Northwestern
No. 2 – Allie Will, Florida
No. 3 – Mari Andersson, California
Elizabeth Potkin, Duke
No. 4 – Lauren Lui, Northwestern
No. 5 – Sophie Grabinski, North Carolina
No. 6 – Cristala Andrews, USC

Doubles
No. 1 – Mari Andersson/Jana Juricova, California
No. 2 – Katrina Tsang/Shinann Featherston, North Carolina