PDA

View Full Version : Coetzer storms into Quarterfinals of Kremlin Cup!!!

Robbie.
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:07 PM
Amanda stormed into the quarterfinals of the Kremlin Cup today after upsetting the world no.5 and defending champion Jelena Dokic in three sets 7-6 (1) 3-6 6-3

What a great win by Mandy, her first win over a top 5 player since May 2000, and her first win over a top tenner since March 2002 :)

And the added upside is that with this win she is likely to be back inside the top 20 (haven't checked out all the maths yet ;) )

We always believed in you Amanda :kiss:

And their is still more work to be done this week when she takes on either Petrova or Kournikova for a place in her first semifinal of this season!

What a fighter :hearts:

Its time to celebrate :bounce:

*Rob breaks open the champagne*

The Vampiress
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:10 PM
U forgot the glasses:kiss:

http://www.crystalsignatures.com/bflutes1.jpg

Robbie.
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:13 PM
Nice to see you in here allegra :kiss:

You should post more often :bounce:

my name's rob by the way, me and linda (adnil) do most of the posting in here ;) so we could do with some help lol

*pours allegra a glass*

Coetzer Fan
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:14 PM
Amanda is back :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Robbie.
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:16 PM
yes Coetzer Fan, you couldn't be more correct :bounce: And I am so happy about it :D It is nice to see all her hard work pay off ;)

*Pours Coetzer Fan a glass*

*Proposes a toast to Princess Amanda ;) *

The Vampiress
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:17 PM
Hey Rob:kiss: Yeah I love Amanda as well (My name Might change to Patty Schnyder sometime shortley)

You come from Melbourne? I come from accross the ditch, hehehe Cant wait for the Warriors Game vs Roosters, should be a GREAT Game. Ive been to melbourne before, stayed for a week in Glen Waverly and Bendigo??

Oh well lets get on with the party.
Thankyou for the Champange, would you like some of this??

http://www.vodkaphiles.com/store/caviar.jpg

Robbie.
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:22 PM
allegra...its always great to see new amanda fans on the board :kiss:

So where abouts do you come from in NZ? Yes the rugby should be a great match, but the league isn't all too big in Melbourne ( AFL is our go ;) ) so I don't really follow it to closely ;)

Well now you know this place is here, so you are always welcome and as I said before, the more posts the merrier :)

*mmmmmmm...caviar, thankyou *

The Vampiress
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:27 PM
Tennisaddict I come from Christchurch NewZealand, I used to live near Hamner Springs near the thermal hot pools, and the crystal blue Lake Tekapo:)

Robbie.
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:30 PM
by the way i love patty as well :) Marti is also a fave of mine and I am sure I have seen you in the Marti - Party forum, so we have similar faves :) Do you have msn messenger?

My favourite export from the land of the long white cloud (do you know why they call NZ that?) is the great mare Sunline. She really is an awesome race horse and I absolutely love her :kiss:

Shame Linda isn't here to enjoy the party :( lol

*Rock on !!!! *

Robbie.
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:40 PM
Coetzer Fan (and Allegra too ) please help me and Linda with trying to reach 1000 posts in the 2002 cheering thread lol

Anyway guys I am off, its been great partying with you ;) And hats off to another great performance by mighty mandy :)!!!!

The Vampiress
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:47 PM
Hey TennisAddict Look where I come form Aoteroa (land of the long white cloud) they call it that because of the long cloud that hangs over Aoraki (mt cook)

Sunline is cool!
She got Third :(

periodic
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:14 PM
Congratulations Great Job and a Great Win Amanda the day is saved for me ;) Thanks Amanda!!!

visit this Page http://www.AmandaCoetzer.de :bounce:

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:26 PM
What a great win for Amanda!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Zamboni
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:22 PM
And suddenly all Amanda-fans are back on the board :bounce: they could check out a certain thread in this forum ;)

WELL DONE AMANDA! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! I ALWAYS BELIEVED IN YOU!!!

:kiss:

Good luck against Anna sorry for her, but taking out one other favourite of mine in a week is enough

Zamboni
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:24 PM
:bounce: Vamos Amanda! :bounce:

(I am sooooooooooo happy!)

*takes a glass of champagin* Cheers guys! :)

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:05 PM
Linda, why dou you write "vamos"? :confused:

Since when is Amanda spanish?? :p

Zamboni
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:23 PM
I always write Vamos ;) And I like to show Rob I know more languages than him :p j/k;)

Ryan
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:54 PM
Mandy! You made my week, specially with Marti and Farina losing early.:( You have a hopefully easy QF, does anyone know if
Anna-Amanda have ever played?

LOL! Rob, you have to stop stealing my faves! Marti, Mandy, Patty top my list, along with Farina Elia and Rubin.:bounce:

The Vampiress
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:41 AM
Hi Ryan:)

Coetzer and Kournikova have played 9 times since 1996, where Amanda has a whopping 9-2 record over them. The last time they played was in 2001 at Zurich, it was 1st Round where Coetzer won 6-0 4-6 6-3.

Other times they have played are as followed:

1996-10-14 Zurich Indoor Hardcourt R32 Anna Kournikova (RUS) 2-6 7-6(6) 6-4
1997-01-13 Australian Open Hardcourt R128 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 6-2 6-2
1997-03-17 Key Biscayne Hardcourt R64 Anna Kournikova (RUS) 6-1 3-6 6-3
1997-05-05 Rome Clay R32 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 6-2 4-6 6-1
1997-10-06 Filderstadt Indoor Hardcourt R16 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 3-6 6-3 6-4
1998-08-24 New Haven Hardcourt R16 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 1-6 6-4 7-5
1999-02-22 Oklahoma City Indoor Hardcourt SF Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 6-4 6-2
1999-08-02 San Diego Hardcourt R16 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 6-0 1-6 6-1
2001-10-15 Zurich Indoor Hardcourt R32 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) 6-0 4-6 6-3

So on the statistics wise, Coetzer looks good to beat Kounikova this time around, Anna also has an injury :( But should have a 50/50 chance of making it, she has to win agains't Nadia Petrova, if Injury doesn't go her way, Coetzer is likley to face Nadia Petrova.

Coetzer has only played Petrova once at Amelia Islan last year, Coetzer also won that meeting 4-6 7-5 6-4

So things look good for Amanda :) to make a semi final's berth probably agasint'y Lindsay Davenport ;)

Robbie.
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:55 AM
Thanks fo the stats, Allegra...I knew amanda had a great record against anna :)'

It does look like Amanda will be playing petrova though which will be tougher, Petrova has the ability to overpower amanda :( Their last meeting was very close and amanda was down 2-4 0-40 in the second set :eek:

Thanks for informing me about the long white cloud ;) and yes Sunline is very cool :cool: She lost on Saturday :( but hopefully she will bounce right back and be in contention for a third Cox Plate :D

Hi Ryan, Bram, Periodic :wavey: and yes Linda it is great to see other amanda fans in here finally :) We are not alone anymore ;)

redrocket
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:21 AM
I'm not new here, just never posted before. So I decided to add my 5 cents. Congratulations to Amanda. What a great win over the third seed, defending champ and world number 5. It has been a year where Amanda has had to fight but fight she has. We can all be very proud. It seems whenever she looks down and out she manages to get herself back up. Just like her game style, she is a true fighter.

Robbie.
Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:34 AM
hey red rocket :wavey:

Nice Post :)

Linda, just because you know more languages than me doesn't mean you have to act superior :p

Robbie.
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:52 AM
Here is nina_rus' summary of the match from AtP world

I also saw the third set of Coetzer vs Dokic
Jelena didn't play badly but Amanda was better, she was running from corner to corner, getting to every shot, hitting slices all the time (a lot from the forehand), that Jelena had problems with, she was forced to make errrors. And Amanda didn't seem to have any problems with Jelena's serve today...

Sounds good :)

Its a shame that this victory has been soured by talk of retirement :sad:

By the way amanda faces Nadia Petrova in the quarters tommorrow after the withdrawal of Anna K. This will be a tough match for Amanda, and I would have rather seen her face Anna. I saw the match at amelia island 2001 and Nadia is very powerful. if any of you can remember she was the one who rudely commented that Amanda disappointed her by playing moonballs :rolleyes: I hope amanda can kick her butt again ;)

Zamboni
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:11 PM
I never acted superior, Rob :angel:

Sounds good indeed, lets hope she can keep that kind of play up against Petrova. Isn't "semis" a wonderful word to hear?;)

Zamboni
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:11 PM
GOOD LUCK AMANDA!!!

redrocket
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Well Amanda has just made her first semi of the year. And its at a Tier 1. Who would of thought. She just beat Nadia Petrova 6-2 6-1. That is absolutley amazing although from the stats it seems that Petrova wasn't playing so good. But that don't matter cos Amanda is through and that is really great for her.

Robbie.
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:27 AM
redrocket :wavey:

Yep ,great win by Amanda. I am not sure about these stats though, I think they count every error as an unforced error and where are the winners? :confused:

Lets just leave it as a great win :)

Zamboni
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:30 PM
yeah, what the heck stats! The score looks great :bounce:

The Vampiress
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:41 PM
WOOOOHOOOOOOO GO MY LITTLE ASSISSIN :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey Adnil. TennisAddict:) :wavey:

Another Great win :)