PDA

View Full Version : What Does Your Username Mean?

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:06 AM
mine is from the movie Gattaca which i like bc it is futuristic and very cool to look at.

anton is the main characters brother i think who is engineered to be genetically perfect.

Jetta
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:09 AM
Yeah Anton was the older brother. I remember the swimming part he and vincent went thru. :o

Mine is my real first name. :o

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:12 AM
yea the swimming scene is cool. looks kind of like a calvin klein ad. the whole movie is very stylish and jude law is good and i love uma in it!! she is so:)

Jetta
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:13 AM
the ending made me cry :sad:

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:23 AM
ALEXIS!!! I was not thinking about that at this time at all. you reminded me about this. yes the ending was so sad. it was touching. i have to watch the movie again. i wont give away the ending by it was cool that you could see the silver medal around his neck and just the music and everything was so touching and he did that for the other guy too i think so he could continue in his new idenity. and also it was cool when vicent got caught but the space guy let him go anyway and the DVD has one cool extra scene!!

Jetta
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:24 AM
There is a reason the space guy let him go on the ship......;)

kfh_9118
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:24 AM
Mine is the combination of my name and my birth day....

Crazy Canuck
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:25 AM
Mine is my first name

irma
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:30 AM
it means that I am brave. serious I can't help it, I saw it in a namesbook. now I am not so brave so my mother should have choosen a different name but then how could she know that when I was born:)

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Alexis
There is a reason the space guy let him go on the ship......;)

yea and that was cool. also it was cool when uma and ethan hawke walk through the solar panel and the sun is coming up

Jetta
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:38 AM
Uma, Ethan, and Jude all did a great job in that movie.....probably one of the best sci-fi movie.....actually it is the only sci-fi movie :D I ever watched. ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:40 AM
mine = the shape of Ronaldo's head ;)

Wimanna
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:40 AM
Wim: Firts name
Anna: Grandmother's first name
Anna: :hearts: You know who...:p :p

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:42 AM
yes Gattaca rocks!!
I love futuristic!!
other f movies I like off the top of my head are:
1 terminator 2
2 strange days
3 BLADERUNNER!!!

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:55 AM
I like your taste in movies, anton. Blade Runner and the Terminator movies are among my all time favourites.... and any cyberpunk-type movies, books, etc, etc, so we'd get along, even if we have different taste in tennis players.

"jouissant" is just a French word which adequately describes me. Well, there's a bit more than that to it, but more or less.

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by jouissant
I like your taste in movies, anton. Blade Runner and the Terminator movies are among my all time favourites.... and any cyberpunk-type movies, books, etc, etc, so we'd get along, even if we have different taste in tennis players.

"jouissant" is just a French word which adequately describes me. Well, there's a bit more than that to it, but more or less.

yes bladerunner is breahtaking!! and if you liked that and t2, you should see strange days. it is so cool about a conspiracy on 1999. it was made in i think 1994 so back then it was in the future. angela bassett is amazing

BritneySpearsIsHot
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:20 AM
Because Jelena Dokic IS Hot

1. She's a mighty fine sexy woman
2. She's got a hot tennis game
3. And cos she run around alot she gets.................HOT

Well maybe not the last one :eek:

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:26 AM
I haven't seen Strange Days, anton, so it goes on the list. Do you also read this sort of stuff? William Gibson (Neuromancer, Johnny Mnemonic, etc) maybe?

:wavey:

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:31 AM
hey, strange days ROCKS!! Jeulette lewis plays a singer-fluffhead. and she sing her songs with her OWN vioce!! I didnt know jl could sing! The soundtrack is OMG!!

No, I dont readd scifi. I normally read suspense like now im reading the summons by john grisham and i want of read Broken Hearts by Bob Levy

carot
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:54 AM
*putting hamster on my blacklist*

carot
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:00 AM
And oh yeah, carot is a nickname the nurses gave me when i was born. When i was born they were painting the hospitalwalls in the corridors, and after the nurses washed me and stuff, they wanted to take me back to my mum to take pics and stuff, you know how that goes, but the nurse who was carrying me stumbled on her way back and i fell in a bucket with beige-brown-orange paint. Another nurse picked me up but because the floor was all slippery cos of the paint she also stumbled and i fell into some plants and some leaves got stuck on my head cos of the sticky paint i had all over me. And well, basically with that paint all over me, and the leaves on my head i kinda looked like a carrot and ever since people gave me the nickname carot.

carot
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:01 AM
ps: i got over the traumatisms

The Crow
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:05 AM
But that doesn't explain the missing r :p

carot
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:06 AM
well, when the nurse stumbled one r fell off, sheesh i thought that part would be obvious

The Crow
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:08 AM
oh ok. are you sure you're over the traumatisms?

carot
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:12 AM
yes, are you? but it's obvious that shrinks believe that my hayfever is caused by the traumatisms, that goes without saying

The Vampiress
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:12 AM
Mines Allegra Because that is my name and of the POWERFUL allergy medication also called Allegra, it means moderately Fast in Italian.:o

Dahveed
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:28 AM
lmao@carot i wouldnt be over the trauma myself :p

dahveed is my first name, well david but it was boring and people would pronounce it the english way :sad: so yeah dahveed it's how you should pronounce it, and oh yeah josh and gmt gave me that name, they're like fathers to me now :rolleyes:

carot
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:29 AM
fathers as in priests i suppose?

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by anton
No, I dont readd scifi.

:eek:

You should at least try Neuromancer if you like those sorts of movies, or Bruce Sterling's cyberpunk anthology Mirrorshades. Along with the Terminator movies and Blade Runner these are like the classics of cyberpunk.

I've just given you a *cough* *cough* hint about who I am on some other *cough* boards.

*cough* *cough*

;)

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:31 PM
Ooh! Hard to explain!

My name is Bram, and I was born in 1984 :p

MartianJoeyWinson
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:40 PM
My real name is Joe Winson, sometimes known as Joey... I combined the nickname and my surname, decided to amalgamate them without the use of a space resulting in my username, hence what it is... JoeyWinson

The username took me several days to choose using a complex elimination process from a provisional 3000 potential usernames. In the end, it only just beat "Crisp_Monitor".

Jen
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:58 PM
Its my name..

Colin B
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:58 PM
Little explanation required, I feel.

Good thread though; I've often wondered where some people derive bizarre screen names.

The Boiled Egg - Quite frankly, I'm disappointed; I was expecting something much more esoteric than "The shape of Ronaldo's head"!!!

Nimi
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:03 PM
Errr, good question :p

harry_potter
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:16 PM
it means that i like Harry Potter ;)

i_8_hingis
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:18 PM
It means I hate Hingis, but I replaced the Hate with a number 8 cos it is my fave number.

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by jouissant

:eek:

You should at least try Neuromancer if you like those sorts of movies, or Bruce Sterling's cyberpunk anthology Mirrorshades. Along with the Terminator movies and Blade Runner these are like the classics of cyberpunk.

I've just given you a *cough* *cough* hint about who I am on some other *cough* boards.

*cough* *cough*

;)

i just normally read one author and then another like now im in a john grisham phrase and next i want to read bob levy i hear is good. i read a painted house by grisham and it was good.

yea and this is creepy becuase your post contains my real first name.

i forgot to say i loved Minority Report which is another futuristic moive. ididnt see AI Intelligence yet.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:39 PM
Loved Minority Report; had a helluva lot of reservations about AI: Artificial Intelligence.

Really looking forward to Terminator 3.

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:42 PM
me too. another set of movies i really like are the Alien moives with Sojeuney weaver. Sometimes they are kind of strange maybe a little but cool effects and she is a good actress.

anton
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:43 PM
i fogot about Contact with Jodie foster. i liked this movie and joide is great.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:09 AM
Yeah, the Alien movies are great!... and go Sigourney and Jodie. I gather that Linda Hamilton has been written out of T3, largely or totally, which is a shame; I loved her performance in T2.

anton
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:23 AM
Which Alien is your fav? I cant remember a lot about them but I liked the one with the little girl and the scene where Weaver meets the big Alien who is hear the little girl and Weaver says "get away from her you B I !!!"

And I heard that t3 is the fight between humans and computers and the boy is a man and arnold is back and the villan terminator will be a female. For the female terninator I would like to see Uma Thurman. She was fabulous in Batman with as Poisin Ivy!!

Also Michelle Phiffer was great as the Catwoman. "life's a b I + now so am I"

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:09 AM
It's very difficult tracking down the rumours about T3 and working out the truth... guess we all have to wait and see when it's released in July, or at least as the promo material starts coming out.

I think the Alien movie with Newt (the little girl) was the second one, Aliens, which is probably my favourite.... though I haven't seen them for awhile, either.

Maybe we should start an sf movies thread for this.... though last time I started an sf thread no one responded. :(

anton
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:49 AM
I love sci-fi! I liked X-Men but it was kinda cheesy. Did not see 5th Element yet. Like X-files moive also. Sad to see that TV show go and also La Femme Nikita. USA sucks for cancelling that show!!

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:44 AM
The 5th Element sucks IMHO.... it looks good and probably worth seeing more than once just for that. But it's really more a fashion statement with a science fiction plot retrofitted onto it.

billybizar
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:53 PM
There is indeed a female villain in T3 and she is played by Kristanna Loken, a former Schwedish model. Info about T3 is not that difficult to get, guys. Check out aintitcoolnews.com, darkhorizons.com, upcomingmovies.com, etc, etc. Of course you will probably not find a detailed script but when you put all tidbits together you can imagine yourself how it can look like.

Im also a big sf-fi fan and like all kinds as long as it is cinematographically well done. The Alien series, Bladerunner, The Terminator, yep Gattaca, but also the older classics like 2001, The Andromeda Strain, Westworld, War Of The Worlds, Metropolis,...

I didn't like much T2 though. Imo it was just a brainless rehash of the first instalment. Overblown, with many dull moments i.e the scene where Arnie is endlessly shooting and blowing up police cars. After having watched a zillion action flicks, I know by now how it looks when a car explodes...

The ending of T1 was stimulating your imagination. You asked yourself how it would be in that frightening future so I thought T2 would explore logically those themes but instead we got T1 revisited. AGAIN a cyborg (actually 2, of course) who travelled from the future to our world, AGAIN a neverending chase to prevent the world from the ultimate holocaust... The only difference is it's bigger, louder, faster...
I admit the CGI morphings were great and truly groundbreaking.

Let's hope T3 with director Mostow attached, is something better.

YSL
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:20 PM
I would post about my username.. But it seems that the thread has become more a discussion about Sci-Fi films :p

King Satan
Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:46 PM
No one knows who I am, so I decided to be called the guy

Pamela Shriver
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:17 PM
My username happens to be my actual name. Its so stunning and I'm so worshipped I really thought there was no point making a stupid name up.

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:39 PM
I love your name Pam, I'm going to name my daughter after you! :D

Pamela Shriver
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:51 PM
<gasping for breath> OH lordy!! Dearest Lexy, I think you most definately HAVE to call your daughter pam! How about Pam Howard Shriver II? Thats gotta nice sound to it.
When I have kids they shall all be called Pam. Even my son.

Jetta
Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Pamela Shriver
<gasping for breath> OH lordy!! Dearest Lexy, I think you most definately HAVE to call your daughter pam! How about Pam Howard Shriver II? Thats gotta nice sound to it.
When I have kids they shall all be called Pam. Even my son.

Pamela Shriver the second. What a wonderful name for your son Pam. Absolutely fabulous. :D

Pamela Shriver
Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:59 PM
Absolutely Pamtastic I think you mean Lexy ;)

lemon
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:02 AM
:D it's my name :d :rolleyes: umm....... it's kinda a long boring explaination, so I'll jsut say it's an old "inside joke" between my fiends and I
-Oh yeah.....and my informal username :rolleyes: :o lemon-head, brought on by the infamous Alexis :rolleyes: :eek:

Jetta
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:02 AM
ohhh! oh yes, pamtastic......absolutely pamtastic.......pam shriver rocks!!! :p

Jetta
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by lemon-ice
:D it's my name :d :rolleyes: umm....... it's kinda a long boring explaination, so I'll jsut say it's an old "inside joke" between my fiends and I
-Oh yeah.....and my informal username :rolleyes: :o lemon-head, brought on by the infamous Alexis :rolleyes: :eek:

hehehe......you love it though Lemon :squeeza:

lemon
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:08 AM
:o shhhh... no one needs to know that :o

Pamela Shriver
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:09 AM
PamShriverRockz! What a great saying. Whoever thought of that is amazing. That would make a great username for some lucky, stunning individual.

Jetta
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Pamela Shriver
PamShriverRockz! What a great saying. Whoever thought of that is amazing. That would make a great username for some lucky, stunning individual.

How I agree with everything you say Pammers. That is a terrific username......That is the only worthy user of this board. :D

Jetta
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by lemon-ice
:o shhhh... no one needs to know that :o

*squeezzzzza*

Pamela Shriver
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:21 AM
Alexis, it seems we must simply agree with everything tonight. You make me proud to have fans like you.

Personally I believe everyone should have "PAM" somewhere in their username. IN fact the site should be renamed PAMWorld.

Jetta
Oct 4th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Pamworld! pamtastic idea!!! :D

Pamworld would be the biggest Pam worship board ever!!

millions of members from all over the world post to honor our Pam!

:D

DutchieGirl
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:45 AM
Well, I'm a fan of Inge de Bruijn (Dutch swimmer), and her nickname is Inky... so Inkyfan! :D

lrg bllt
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by i_8_hingis
It means I hate Hingis, but I replaced the Hate with a number 8 cos it is my fave number.

couldn't you come up with something better for a username..like supporting your fav player or somethin rather than jut hatin :rolleyes:

my username is my name :angel:

anton
Oct 4th, 2002, 06:44 AM
billy, thanks for the t3 tips. I have to check out those sites and then report back