PDA

View Full Version : this is so sick

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:30 AM
I don't really want people in my "real" life to know this, so I'm going to count on you guys for a little support. this could have been a lot worse, I know, but it's pretty disgusting(sp) as it is.
I was walking inside the building where I work this morning, not 30 minutes ago, through the side entrance, and this man just getting out of the building pushed me against the wall and kissed my hair. it was so quick I was just stunned, and he left me and was getting out, and I turned around and punched his shoulder from behind pretty hard. he made this sound of pain, and said something in a language that wasn't hebrew, but I couldn't see his face because he was with his back to me, walking away (not even running. just walking away, like he just did nothing wrong). I just kind of stood there, not exactly sure of what to do. so he just got away. god, some people are DISGUSTING. I hope he gets hit by a bus. I think I'll go home during lunch and take a shower.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:33 AM
That is disgusting.
I'm not sure what I would do if someone did that to me.

I seriously think that we should throw these people on an island together and leave them to suffer.

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:37 AM
good idea. the thing is, if it was more serious (thank god it wasn't) I would have gone to the police. but I didn't see his face, and I really don't feel like talking about it to anyone around me... I'll just let it go.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:38 AM
If it was here, as far as I understand there wouldn't be a lot I could do about it.

No eyewitnesses, no physical evidence etc etc

It is sick, and it is wrong - so that is a shame that he won't get what he deserves :fiery:

Jetta
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:39 AM
Just be careful and watch out. It's even worse that it happened in broad daylight. :o Not safe anymore......

gentenaire
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:47 AM
OMG! How sick!

Some people are just so disgusting. I remember standing in a overcrowded bus and the guy behind me was taking advantage of the fact that everyone was pressed together. His hands kept on moving to certain places on my body, I kept on pushing them away, but it's very hard to do that when you have nowhere to go. Then he was breathing very hard in my neck and still continueing the hand movements. I got out of the bus at the next stop, never mind that that wasn't my destination. I felt so disgusted!

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:52 AM
I just really wish I'd hit him harder or would have chased him down.

welcome back from your vacation Tine!

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:02 AM
some people are just sick disgusting looserr!:fiery: :fiery:
be thankfull that it wasnt more serious.
perves like that make me want to hurl!:fiery:

gentenaire
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:05 AM
at least you hit him! I wish I had done that.

I don't chasing down's such a good idea, you have to be careful with these kind of perverts!

Maajken
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:05 AM
Some people really dont know any shame and like someone said it happened in broad daylight too :(

But for offences like that, going to the police isnt an option cause theres pretty much nothing they can do about it - if they would want to :rolleyes:

Glad youre ok though :)

Jetta
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:06 AM
Most men are jerks. Always believed that and always will. :o

gentenaire
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:14 AM
You're right, Maeike, the only thing the police can do is say "don't do that again" :rolleyes:

Was there no one to witness what happened, i-girl?

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:14 AM
I'm ok Maeike, thank you:) . you are all helping.

Tine, I guess it's natural to think "why didn't I do more". but I really don't think you can blame yourself. I, on the other, was in the god damn army! I'm supposed to be able to handle a lot worse than this! I could kick myself. I guess it's the completly different nature of the situation, it's a situation very different than the situation they train you for in the army.

gentenaire
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:17 AM
But these things happen so quickly and leave you so stunned, you don't have time to think about your actions, all you can do is just stand there stunned, wondering 'did that really just happen?'

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:19 AM
no, no witnesses. actually, in Israel, in sexual harassment (sp), the burden of proof is reversed in some situations, so it's easier to convict (I'm being all lawyery now. it calms me down). the problem, I think, would be catching him.

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
that's exactly right Tine. I was just like "what just happened here???"

Maajken
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:22 AM
Trained or not, its completely different when it really happens to you and its silly to blame yourself for not doing more than just kicking him once. It wouldnt have made much difference, you still would have felt as disgusted with him as you do now :-s

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:25 AM
maybe you're right, Maeike. thanks again:) .

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:25 AM
oh well i guess all you can do now is try not to let it get to you any more than is possible,the sick perve probably wants you to think about him,and i wouldnt want to give it the satisfaction:fiery:
just wondering was he old(ish),like a dirty old man or somthing(im sorry i dont want to be nosey),but if that is the case the sad old git has probably got a family,which makes it all the more worse(but not for you thankfully:) )
and dont sit around blaming yourself cause in no way is it your fault!:)

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:59 AM
Glad you're ok but you shouldn't be mad at yourself for "not having done more" because that's something a lot of people who lived such an experience (or worse) think. But that guy is a sicko, he's the one to be blamed.

I hate sexual offenders...they're such bastards. :fiery:

Crazy Canuck
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:09 AM
I hate sexual offenders...they're such bastards.

Well, this qualifies as the understatement of the week. :(

Most men are jerks. Always believed that and always will.

Many men are jerks. Thankfully, only a very very small percentage are sexual offenders.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:12 AM
Sounds like you handled it exactly right.... the presumptuous bastard got hurt. Hope you hit him *really* hard. :)

Well done.

Maajken
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:13 AM
Btw its not a matter of hitting him hard or not, its where you hit him thats important :o ;)

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:17 AM
I only hit him on the shoulder. not where it REALLY hurts:sad: . I guess I did my best though.
I don't think most men are jerks. I have a dad and a brother to remind me there are decent men:) .

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:19 AM
Next time, use the knee Noga! ;)

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:19 AM
Of course I hope there won't be a next time!

Maajken
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:22 AM
Well hitting him is practically all you can do. I was thinking about carrying some pepper spray with you, but these things happen so fast that there is zero time to use stuff like that :o. I think you did well Noga :)

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:27 AM
he'd better not cross my path again, I will use a lot more than my knee. I acually have been thinking about this. the guy came out of the building my firm is in... it's not such a large building, just two law firms and some medical practices. I don't think he works there, from the little I saw of him he seemed pretty scruffy(sp), but he was there for a reason, it's not a place you would just walk through... if there's a reason for him to be there, maybe he'll come again.

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:30 AM
Do you have an information desk in your building? If so you could ask who he was and decide to file a complaint.

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:35 AM
this is why I've been debating on wether to tell someone or not. normally, it would have done no good, because I didn't see his face, but since he was coming out of the building, he must have had some kind of buisness there. I guess it's not impossible to simply ask around in the building, he must have come to see someone there... I just really don't want to do it. there is no security guy, it's one of those doors that someone has to buzz you in.

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:44 AM
The fact that you didn't see his face makes it near impossible to identify him even though you might get certitude about his identity by asking around in the building. The guy can always claim it was somebody else since you didn't see him. But maybe it's a good thing to ask around and warn the people for that man. As you say, he might come back to a certain business or a doctor so it's good that people are warned and keep an eye on him while he's in or near the building.

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:05 PM
no, no security camera. Jerusalem is amazingly secured right now, but I guess my building is "under-secured".
I guess you're right about looking for the guy, Josh. I do feel guilty that he's out there and can harm someone else, but the truth is I don't think I'll notify anyone. I really don't want to tell anyone. maybe if we had someone incharge of security, but we don't, and I will probably have to tell one of the partners at my firm in order to have something done... I REALLY don't want to tell them.

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:43 PM
I understand Noga but remember he's the one who should be embarrassed, not you.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:47 PM
It seems to me you've taught him a lesson. By all means take further steps through your lawyers (if you can afford them) or the police (you don't have to do it yourself)..... but don't you've done your part if that's all you feel like doing.

You've.... er.... struck a blow for good! :)

Feel comfortable whichever you do.

:angel:

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Hang on, reading all this again, do you work in a law firm i-girl??

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:57 PM
yes, I'm a lawyer. just graudated from law school 7 months ago:).

Nimi
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:58 PM
OMG Noga are you allright?

I hate to say that i told you so, but i did. ISRAELIS :rolleyes:

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:58 PM
What cases do you normally work on Noga?

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:01 PM
I'm fine Nimi, but don't start with me again. there are perverts everywhere, and this particular one was actually Arab. I thought I was implying that when I said "he spoke in a language that wasn't hebrew". I didn't want to say he was Arab because, like I said, pervs come in all nationalities and religions.

Nimi
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:06 PM
Tam ti tam ti tam... You know im right :angel:

Pffff, not all men are bad, im mean, look at me!
I know, not that best example :p

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:06 PM
I do lots of things Josh. we represent a lot of big companies and we handle everything for them: corp. stuff, stock market, labor relations etc. we do a lot of communication stuff. we represent the biggest tv and radio network in Israel, and the biggest cell phone company. that's really interesting, lot's of constitutional questions. remember I told you about the commercials they censored...

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:07 PM
I don't really do criminal, if that's what you meant to ask.

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:08 PM
So no divorces for you? I really hate those....brrrr

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:09 PM
oh no, no family law at all.

Josh
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:11 PM
I hated family law.....it was so boring and complicated and I couldn't focus on it. Needless to say my exam was terrible. ;)

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:12 PM
I'm a lawyer, too, though not practising at the moment (long story... pursuing othe projects, etc). The reason I asked is that I'm sure that there would be senior people in your firm who would take this *very* seriously and have a fair idea what to do: you wouldn't have to kind of investigate the thing yourself, or take the responsibility for contacting other firms/practices in the building.

I now think you should talk to someone..... a mentor or supervisor or whatever.

i-girl
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:15 PM
I know they will take it seriously, I just don't want to tell them. maybe I'll tell this guy who works with me. he was in law school with me, and we're pretty close. I'll see if I can bring myself to tell him.