PDA

View Full Version : Poor Pennetta

tennisIlove09
Jan 20th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Forgot Dementieva having a rough draw, Flavia draws another TOP 16 player in the 2nd! And a player she's 0-2 against, including a routine loss this year.

Wickmayer is up a set and two breaks now too.

Bahia
Jan 20th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Blame her shoddy court positioning not this.

Noctis
Jan 20th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Finger
DragonFlame
Jan 20th, 2010, 02:58 AM
It isnīt the draw, itīs her play. 40% first serves just ainīt cutting it if you have a second serve thatīs very attackable. And sheīs hit more UE then wickmayer... :o

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Flavia played like shit yet again.
She plays right into Yanina's hands.
Use a slice once in a while, put a little more top spin on the shots, hit a nice approach shot and finish a point off at net for God's sake.

Fantasy Hero
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:02 AM
It isnīt the draw, itīs her play. 40% first serves just ainīt cutting it if you have a second serve thatīs very attackable. And sheīs hit more UE then wickmayer... :o

Blame her shoddy court positioning not this.

maybe you both didn't watch this...Flavia did everything she could do in the first set and they played equally and -i hate admitting that but Dickmayer plays like a top10- Flavia was returning every single shot from Nina and i assure you those were really heavy and fast...

-jenks-
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I don't understand why Australia didn't just give her a seed.
Oh well, Yanina's proving everyone wrong and looks like she will make the second week for the second grand slam in a row! :D

Bahia
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:05 AM
maybe you both didn't watch this...Flavia did everything she could do in the first set and they played equally and -i hate admitting that but Dickmayer plays like a top10- Flavia was returning every single shot from Nina and i assure you those were really heavy and fast...

Yes, exactly the point. She's returning. She's not forcing anything. She's incapable of standing closer to the baseline against such a game. As such, she will more than likely suffer against these types of players.

shap_half
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Yanina played excellent tennis in the second set and really dominated. At that point there was very little Flavia could do to stop her.
I really hope Yanina continues to build on her success and develops as a player. She could stand to really improve her back, but the rest of her game seems to be flowing quite nicely. She could also come in a bit more just to add another dimension to her game. There are very few younger players outside of Azarenka and Wozniacki who seem to have the hunger, and I can really see it in this one.

Fantasy Hero
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Anyway the real point is that what happened is such a joke, seed n°12 shouldn't face world n°16 as 2nd round...woh-pee

Deck
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Flavia:hug:

Jorn
Jan 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Lately in GSs Yanina plays well against the better players except her US Open SF loss to Caroline. Her first Quali match was tough and Alex D. played very well in AO R1.

Well done Yanina! :)