PDA

View Full Version : Anna fans...look at this!

FLL
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:47 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021001/capt.1033495035kremlin_cup_xmm104.jpg

Is that a different forehand grip that she has??? I think so! She looks like she has a semi-western grip now, that should help her a lot...

mboyle
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:49 PM
What did she have before? :confused: It does look Semi Western.

leslie
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:45 PM
Nothing can help that girl; she is hopeless and beyond help.

juggler
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:52 PM
thanks for that leslie

no, i think it is just the angle of the shot. it looks a bit western. but i sthink it is still essentially an eastern grip. anna isnt going to change at this stage of her career, its just too hard.

GameSetMatch
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:00 AM
Ha Leslie, yes it's really too late for Anna isn't it? That's why she hired a coach and is known for notoriously being one of the hardest-working girls on tour. Granted, hard work will get you only so far, but she's in it for the long haul, or else she would've quit a while back. Unless you can go out on a court and kick her butt on a tennis court, I would refrain from my comments about her being "hopeless".

FLL
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:02 AM
Look at the title morons! Anna fans, not Anna bashers!

tennisIlove09
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:06 AM
I forget what his name is, but Anna's new coach is very good. He has made such big changes in her game in a very small time frame. I don't know if she has changed her grips or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think the biggest thing Anna needs to do is work on her serve.

lmoon1
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:23 AM
Anna had an Eastern Grip? :eek: No wonder she is allergic to topspin :p ! I agree however, that her biggest problem now is the serve. Her groundies probably should have more topspin on them, and it would help her alot when she isn't playing her best, but a better serve is essential.

THE NET
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:15 PM
Win your first title here, PLEASE!!!

ANNA! :bounce: