PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Day 1 Schedule

Langers
Jan 15th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Thought I’d try and predict what the schedule for Day 1 will look like. Yes they haven’t said which half will play first but I’m pretty sure the top half of the women and bottom half of the men will be scheduled for Day 1. Firstly, Williams the defending champion, secondly they usually wait for the second day to release the big Aussie drawcard in Hewitt, and thirdly they won't play both World #1's on the same day.

Here’s my guess judged on what they’ve done in previous years and what just seems to make sense.

RLA:

1. Serena Williams v Urszula Radwanska (Kick it off with World #1 and defending champ)
2. Andy Roddick v Thiemo de Bakker
3. Andy Murray v Qualifier (Even though JMDP is ranked higher, Murray the bigger name)

Night Session:

1. Stosur v Qualifier
2. Rafael Nadal vs Peter Luczak (These two just make sense, Aussies involved in both)

Hisense Arena:

1. Venus Williams v Lucie Safarova
2. Juan Martin Del Potro v Michael Russell
3. Ana Ivanovic v Qualifier (Despite Ana's ranking, would they send 'Aussie Ana' to an outside court?)
4. Marin Cilic v Fabrice Santoro (Cilic is rising and Santoro's final goodbye)

MCA:

1. Nick Lindahl vs Jarkko Nieminen
2. Alicia Molik v Julie Coin
3. Bernard Tomic v Qualifier (All Aussies to this point, usually the case with MCA)
4. Caroline Wozniacki v Aleksandra Wozniak

Not before 7:30
5. James Blake v Arnuad Clement (Even though neither are seeded we seem to love Blak and Clement is somewhat of a drawcard)

SC2:

1. Fernando Gonzalez v Olivier Rochus
2. Victoria Azarenka v Stephanie Cohen-Aloro
3. Gael Monfils v Qulifier
4. Daniela Hantuchova v Viktoriya Kutuzova (Hanters always gets a show court)

SC3:

1. Radek Stepanek v Ivo Karlovic
2. Vera Zvonareva v Kristina Kucova
3. David Ferrer v Andreas Seppi
4. Agnieszka Radwanska v Tatjana Malek

Outisde courts.... could be anything!

Anyone else want to give it a crack? Please. ;) Most look right to me. We'll see how close I am.

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2010, 03:35 AM
^Maybe Baghdatis? :shrug:
He played on one of the show courts last year for R1 and he was ranked like 90 and played Benneteau who was ranked about 60 at the time ;)

hellas719
Jan 15th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Someone should make a game called Fill-In-The-OOP :p

Langers
Jan 15th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Someone should make a game called Fill-In-The-OOP :p
Agreed! :p

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 15th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Roddick on center court ?

His tennis deserves a non camera Court

Sectumsempra
Jan 15th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Alicia might be swapped with Ana...

Langers
Jan 15th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Alicia might be swapped with Ana...
Yeah that's one I think might swap, I mean Dokic played Paszek on Hisense last year. I just think they might load up with Aussies on MCA.