PDA

View Full Version : Mariah Carey - pics from video

shirley
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:46 PM
HERE are some pictures of Mariah Carey on location in New York, shooting the video for new single, "Through the Rain."

http://www.rexfeatures.com/previews/390/390713k.jpg

http://www.rexfeatures.com/previews/390/390714b.jpg

http://www.rexfeatures.com/previews/390/390714e.jpg

Welcome Back, MC!

LittleTennisFan
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:58 PM
Great to see Mariah looking much happier.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:27 PM
:bounce: wtg mariah!!!!! can't wait for you to get back for goooooooood!!!!!

Jay
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:33 PM
i thought that this singer was all washed out :p

didn't her record company drop her cos sales of her last album were shite ?

:confused:

AmErIcAn
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:38 PM
Aww she looks cute

anabel
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:04 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:09 PM
she has a new company now jay;)

schris
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:36 PM
Cute pics :hearts: :kiss:

Thanks shirley !!!!:wavey:

Dawn Marie
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:42 PM
You go on Mariah and sing your heart out. A singer like Mariah will never wash away because she has a high quality voice. With her it is not all marketing. She actually sings great!:)

Nice smile Mariah:)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:44 PM
seems like she's been working out!!!! :D :hearts: lol

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:54 PM
Mariah does have a nice voice, but she has absolutely nothing else in the way of musical talent and in recent years has resorted to blatant sexuality as a means of selling what few records she did sell. Doesn't impress me. It's fake music, people.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:55 PM
why dont you let us decide for ourselves whether it's fake or not?;)

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:59 PM
Because it's not a matter of opinion, but rather a matter of fact.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:06 PM
her songs sounds rather "real" to me:D

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:12 PM
Then you must not listen to very much music.

What I mean is this. Mariah Carey's career has been handled and guided in such a way as to make it seem like, you know, she's really doing anything. Or doing anything well. All her songs are put together by hotshot producers, and written by crack songwriters who write other people's hits for a living. Also, it's not like she's playing her instruments live or on her records. She's told what to sing, what to wear, what to do. Everything and anything that woman has done is a cold, calculated move to sell records/sell out tours/bring people in to watch her movies. In other words, it's fake.

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:14 PM
One more thing. You wanna know why she got famous? And do you want to know part of the reason she isn't now? She was sleeping with Tommy Mottola for five years or however long it was. That's her biggest talent right there.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:17 PM
i am sure you are talking about britney spears and not Mariah CArey:D

ok... then why isns't Tommy's current wife as famous as MAriah was then?

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:20 PM
I could very well be talking about Britney Spears, and believe it or not, I think even less of Britney than I do Mariah. But Mariah is no different.

Tommy's current wife will be as famous as Mariah. She already is, just not in America. Not yet. I think she's huge in Mexico?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:22 PM
last time i checked... Mariah composes.. she write her songs.... she produces.... she sings.... hm... what else do you need from her? :confused:

nah.. she wont be as big as mariah - if she isn't already (internationally) she can forget it. no matter how powerful tommy is

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:26 PM
Don't underestimate the president of Sony Music. Even if Michael Jackson thinks he's a racist.

What songs has Mariah composed and produced?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:29 PM
almost every song she has sung. do you live in a cave or something?

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:31 PM
Not true.

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:32 PM
And I don't think there's anything wrong with my living in a cave. At least I don't have to hear Mariah Carey.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:32 PM
do you have any proof of what you are talking about?? coz i sure have proof for what i'm talking about!

poeeeee!!! where is Poe? poey!!!! i need you here!

Justin
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:34 PM
Clearly, someone is very confused here. With very few exceptions (about one per album- usually a cover song), Mariah writes all of her own lyrics by herself and co-writes the music. And, after her debut album, she has co-produced all of her songs. You don’t have to like the woman, but don’t resort to downright lies in an effort to prove, not a fact, but an opinion of yours.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:36 PM
there is a world outside your cave you know:)

and i feel sorry for your toughts about Mariah (and other artists) are like that.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:37 PM
thank you sooo mcuh Justin!! you're my Hero! ;)

i've trying to tell tennisfan that for years now.....

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:37 PM
Okay, read this. From RollingStone.

"She eventually landed a job as a backup singer for Brenda K. Starr, who introduced her to music industry execs; one night Carey handed her demo tape to Tommy Mottola, the president of Columbia Records, and had a deal the next month. *********Collaborating with several established pop producers as well as friend Ben Margulies******, Carey released her debut album, Vision of Love, in 1990. The record shot to the top of the R&B, pop, and adult contemporary charts, spawning four No. 1 hits, selling over six million copies in the U.S., and winning two Grammys.

For her 1991 follow-up, Emotions, Carey wrote all of her own material. Though the first single, "Emotions," reached No. 1, other singles "only" reached the Top 10, and the album's sales were somewhat disappointing. Though critics praised her five-octave voice, ******her sappy, simplistic lyrics ******made her an easy target for detractors. *******Carey also faced legal problems from several songwriters who claimed she plagiarized their melodies or lyrics******; several cases were dismissed,****** while others were settled out of court******. Additionally, Carey was sued by her mother's second husband for a share of royalties, but the apparently groundless case was quickly thrown out of court.

In June 1993 the 24-year-old Carey married the 43-year-old Tommy Mottola in a lavish half-million dollar ceremony. Later that year she released Music Box, her biggest record yet, featuring No. 1 singles like "Hero" and "Dreamlover

What talent. She works with hotshot producers, plagiarizes what material she does write, and also relies on covers and duets to make hits.

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:39 PM
And by the way, that's not some writer's spin on her career, that's from the RollingStone website's official biography for her.

Marri, I feel sorry that your taste in music is so bad.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:41 PM
so you ahve based everything thing on an article Rollinstone wrote? lmao
may i ask when it was written? coz we are in year 2002 now.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:41 PM
you don't know anything about me or my music taste, so just shut up.

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:43 PM
No, I haven't based everything on an article RollingStone wrote. But how can you argue with the article? How can you do that? You can't. It's the truth. If you want more examples, I can give them to you.

You're the one who started getting nasty here, Marri, not me. So don't get all mad when I beat you in the argument.

Justin
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:47 PM
Hopeless.

Anyway, welcome back MC. :)

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 09:53 PM
I'm hopeless??? God, you people are living in a fantasy world!

I'll admit this. She does write, somewhat, although can it really be commended when it's stolen from other people, and the rest is worse than Grade Nine poetry? But like I've been saying all along, she works with hotshot producers, she uses sex to sell records, relies on duets and covers for hit singles (these days more than ever), everything she does is a calculated career move, etcetera, etcetera. And there's no arguing that.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:03 PM
lol, did you beat me in an argument? lmao

good bye lil cave man:D

:bounce: MC

Justin want shall we do? all of us (ten's of millions of ppl) are sooo lost in our fantasy world... and tennisfan is the only one with the TRUTH.
I need a hug.

Hurley
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:03 PM
You know you'll get like this when you see Mariah Carey's name mentioned.

[medicates TF333]
[pulls TF333 out]

Sorry about this, folks. :)

Justin
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:18 PM
Interesting how her lyrics are now referred to as “grade nine poetry” once you concede that she penned them.

Dude, I can parade article after article on here about people who claim various artists stole their songs. Jewel, Madonna, Prince just to name a few. Logically, it makes little sense. Someone claimed she copped a hook for Make It Happen and the words to Hero. I don’t know why such a woman who employs these cold, calculated career moves to which you refer would plaster someone else’s work on the air and call it her own. Not a wise career move at all. Both songs were singles. Hero was #1 and Make It Happen was #3. Clearly, these songs were heard by the masses. What, did Mariah & Co. just hope that the “actual songwriters” would either not listen to the radio or just say, “Forget it. Mariah stole my song but I’ll just let it lie?” It’s nonsense.

As for her relying on covers and duets for her hits, she has 15 #1 songs in the States, more than any other female artist in history. She wrote 14 of them and co-produced 10 of them. Only one cover song reached #1 in the States (I’ll Be There) and that song was only performed because MTV required her to perform a cover as is the tradition on Unplugged. And, only two other #1 songs were duets (One Sweet Day and Thank God I Found You).

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 10:56 PM
She's not a cold, calculated career woman? Then why did she switch from pop diva to hip hop chick in mid-career? Because rap was (and still is) the prevailing trend among youth and she wanted to sell more records while remaining vital to today's youth. The success of that strategy is debatable. But look at the guest stars/producers on her more recent, rap-influenced albums. On "Rainbow," Jermaine Dupri, Jam and lewis, Master P, She'kspere. Oh, but she did the whole thing herself, right?

On "Glitter", if you were wondering, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis evidently produced half the tracks, DJ Clue produced at least one of them, I can't find who did the rest. Plus, she had her usual allotment of rap stars on that one too, and if you'll remember the first single (which bombed harshly), she rode the coattails of Ludacris and Da Brat.

Another thing, remember "Heartbreaker"? The only hit single from "Rainbow"? RollingStone excerpt again.

"the first single, "Heartbreaker," which (like 1995's "Fantasy") owes its musical grounding to Tom Tom Club's "Genius of Love,"

Riiiiight, but she doesn't steal music.

And Justin, I'm aware that there are many frivolous claims of song stealing in the music business. But did you read the part where Mariah SETTLED SOME OF THE CLAIMS OUT OF COURT? WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT IF SHE WASN'T GUILTY OF IT?

Plus, you obviously don't understand. She wouldn't steal a song line-by-line, it's borrowing a hook here, tweaking somebody else's chorus there. That's what she does.

I concede she penned some of them. Not all.

Hey Marri, I'm about sick of you now. How about you don't talk to me anymore because I hate your guts. Just an idea.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:04 PM
oohh.. look who's upset now? ;) ;) ;)

oh, i'm being hated. that just breaks my heart. :D sorry to make you feel that way - wanna have a prozac?:)

oh btw.... are you a mind reader?:D

Then why did she switch from pop diva to hip hop chick in mid-career? Because rap was (and still is) the prevailing trend among youth and she wanted to sell more records while remaining vital to today's youth. The success of that strategy is debatable.

:bounce:

King Lindsay
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:23 PM
No, I don't take prescription drugs, though I'm sure you do since how else would you be able to live with your miserable self?

Honestly, you have been immature and offensive to me this entire debate. I don't appreciate your crap, and I'm not going to take it. I think I was expecting more from such an esteemed member of Team WTA World. You're an idiot.

Luna_Angel_84
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:58 PM
Looking good. :drool:

Tammy
Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:23 AM
:drool::D

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Justin
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:55 AM
tf333

Your facts are off. I’m not her manager, man, but I would assume that she injected some hip-hop into her songs to try it out. She was the first pop star to do so. The move was bemoaned by Sony, but Mariah went ahead anyway. In fact, it was business higher-ups who cautioned her not to do so believing that it was a poor business decision. But, I find it odd that you would call her attempt to sell records a cold and calculated move. That is her job.

Please read carefully, where did I say that Mariah is sole producer? I said that she co-produces. That means that she has a partner. JD, Jam & Lewis, Master P, DJ Clue et al are examples. I don’t see how her having a co-producer adds credence to your theory that her albums are rife with duets and cover songs. Aside from the Glitter soundtrack, she has never had more than one song on her album that she did not write in six studio albums. And, like all her albums after her debut, Mariah co-produced each and every track on Glitter.

Btw, Ludacris and Da Brat wish they had coattails to ride. Nobody can say with a straight face that they would listen to a Mariah Carey song because Ludacris and Da Brat had a cameo. Anyway, Ludacris and Da Brat were not even on the single- only the remix.

Heartbreaker did not sample Genius of Love. Only Fantasy did, and she gave credit to Tom Tom Club on her album. (90% of hip-hop stars do the same and it is constantly done by most artists.)

Rainbow’s “Thank God I Found You” went to #1. Heartbreaker was not her only hit from that album.

And her lawsuit that Hero was lifted alleged that she stole each and every lyric word for word. Ridiculous. And, of you know that such frivolous claims in the industry exist, surely you know that they are, for the most part, all settled. Settlements are done for many reasons- time, quickness, hassle. That is like saying that Celine Dion’s husband is guilty of rape of that scammer in Las Vegas since Celine settled with her to get rid of the problem. A settlement proves nothing.

Anyway, you don’t like her. That is your prerogative but you don’t have to make shit up about her just because of that.

King Lindsay
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:03 AM
Look. You have your opinion, I have mine. I've said all I have to say. Except this. Settlements prove nothing? I still believe that sexual assault charge against Michael Jackson was real, even though he settled with the boy's family. So I do think settling a case rather than letting it go to court, especially when it's a small claim such as the plagiarism cases against Mariah, says something about who's right and who's wrong. Record companies like paying money like they enjoy root canals, they wouldn't settle a damn thing if they didn't feel they had to.

rightous
Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:15 AM
Woohooooo can I just say Mariah you can bring me higher nay time you want;)

Raisin
Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:12 PM
Mariah needs to do something, as big a Mariah fan I am, i'm not hyped up about the song at. But one good thing, she appears to have picked some fashion sense post-breakdown.

Go Mariah:bounce:

Barrie_Dude
Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:03 PM
:hearts: :hearts: I Love Mariah!:hearts: :hearts:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:14 PM
lmao.--- do you know what Team WTAworld is? it's a cancer reserach program - ans what does it have to do with anything how i act? :confused:

i didn't upset you.. you did that youself. i was being nice and wanted you to leave us (who likes mariah) alone - coz you "facts" were crazy. don't belive me? take a look yourself! :D

:wavey: Marky!

so, our girl is back.... ;) what did you do? :o :drool:

shirley
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:18 PM
Mariah ROCKS, Britney SUCKS :D

Justin
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:25 PM
Settlements can tailor your opinion but, as I said, they are completely voluntary, entered into for innumerable reasons, and legally prove nothing.

Anyway, MC looks hot in the pics. Can we agree on that. ;)

beecharmer
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:26 PM
Yes, its amazing really. jennifer Lopez slept with Mottola to get her record deal (I know this for a fact), but she has never sold anything like the number of Mariah at her best.
And now Lopez gets all the critical kudos for doing the "alternative" remixes with ja rule et al, when it was Mariah who began that fashion with the fantasy remix etc. It's amazing that she got the courage to break away from a vindictive husband, attempted to live her life in as fun away as possible, and when that didnt work, she was villified by many. Whether people like her musical direction, it is she who is in control of her professional destiny.

shirley
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:58 PM
Some more pictures from the video shoot.

http://www.rexfeatures.com/previews/391/391005b.jpg

http://www.rexfeatures.com/previews/391/391005e.jpg

http://www.rexfeatures.com/previews/391/391005a.jpg

Keith
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:59 PM
I think they put her makeup on with a paint roller. She has more whorey makeup than Christina Aguilera. But I think Mariah is ok

Flappie
Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:17 PM
She looks great! I hope things will go better for her, cos I think she's a great singer! :bounce:

Poe
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:12 PM
stalone's ex-bodyguard sues mariah saying he wrote Hero... the judge throws it out and says basically he should be ashamed for even attempting that....

a year later he attempts the same case again....

both were highly publicized.... rolling stones making it appear that mariah has been sued left and right, and settled cases out of court for plagiarism is iresponsible journalism to sell magazines to fools like you who believe everything they read

somebody gets accused or sued for something and you just go on and believe they're guilty... knowing next to nothing about the facts or the person involved.... you have no mind, no reasoning, no logic of your own... like some kind of robot... You already proved your ignorance by claiming mariah didn't write her own music, which is utterly false.

and anyone who says that their opinion of music is FACT has a very arrogant and ugly personality.

Barrie_Dude
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:42 PM
Poe! Quit drooling all over Mariah and get your ass out of the way! It's my turn to drool all over Mariah!:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

CC
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:46 AM
Whoa, is that person still frothing at the mouth? :o

Mariah Carey is immensely talented. :cool:

King Lindsay
Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:51 AM
Marri, you're right, you didn't upset me, but you're the one who started the gunslinging in the first place. You weren't being nice at all. Perhas you need to "take a Prozac".

DeniseM
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:07 AM
tf333, perhaps she does give some thought to what people want to hear --- or, if you prefer, to what will sell. What's wrong with that? What's wrong with her giving thought to her career? I don't see why you have a problem with those things.

As for her being sexy, there are LOTS of female singers who utilized that and got NOWHERE. Sorry, there has to be more to her than just that.

How much she actually wrote, in cases where a song was co-written, would be hard to say. It seems clear she does SOME writing.

Mariah Carey can sing incredibly. The rest of it wouldn't get her anywhere without that. And that other things factor, doesn't change that she can sing incredibly. Her musical octave range is quite broad. Her pitch is near perfect. (Should I apologize for bringing facts that any musical expert could verify, into this?)

I'm only sorry that her latest song isn't very good in respect to the lyrics or musical accompaniment. She sings it well but ... it doesn't give her much to work with. That opinion might not be only mine. I heard the song played twice on the radio one day but I have not heard it played again since then. :(

King Lindsay
Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:20 AM
Denise, read the thread. I've already been over and over and over everything. As for her voice, I've never denied that she's a talented vocalist. Personally, I despise her voice, and the voices of other pop stars like Britney, Christina, Whitney, etc. But that's just my opinion.

There is more to Mariah than just sex. A gigantic budget, a huge marketing campaign, a very rich contract, a wealthy record label....

rightous
Oct 3rd, 2002, 10:40 AM
Marri you know me, I had a little chat with her, put her at ease and got down to SOME work;) She's feeling very Fresh:)

Hows u Girl?????

Crazy Canuck
Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:08 AM
Can't we all just get along :o

I'm not a fan of Mariah's music, but its nice to see her back looking healthy and happy.

¤ lürîñg büllët ¤
Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:51 PM
its good to see shes not giving up :) she looks great :)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by rightous
Marri you know me, I had a little chat with her, put her at ease and got down to SOME work;) She's feeling very Fresh:)

Hows u Girl?????

eehheehe!! well done (with mariah!;) ):kiss:

I'm good! Uni is going... ok... so much to read :o
I'm really excited that our girl's back! no more whitecoats now... :o ;)

What you been up to lately?
:kiss:

tf - i didn't start anything - it's all in your head.

:wavey:

King Lindsay
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:32 PM
Yes you did.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
ehehehehe.. ok enough now.... :D this was fun! now get a life :D

:wavey:

:bounce: Mariah

Poe
Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:50 PM
lol marri you're so fabulous it's painful

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:40 PM
lol, i think that's one of the best compliment i've gotten! lol :D

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:40 AM
All I know Poe, is that Mariah sucks, and Marilyn Manson is my god.

Poe
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Marilyn Manson is my god.

well you should have just said so at the beginning, it explains everything :p

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:52 AM
It really does though.

Oh Poe. I know you don't like Manson. But he loves you. He loves all of his children, even those that do not accept him.

Poe
Oct 8th, 2002, 08:55 AM
do you wear different coloured contacts in each eye and fake man breasts like your hero too ;) at least mariah's are real :D

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Well, the fake man breasts are a definite yes. As for the contacts, I'd love to be able to pull that off, but no.

Since when are you concerned with breasts? ;)

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:13 AM
But in addition to the fake breasts, I have a rather ugly and arrogant personality, so me and Manson work just fine together. Also, I tend to believe everything I read. Bad habit, I guess.

Poe
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:17 AM
but then, none of this is news to me...

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:30 AM
[admin edit]

All I'm doing is deleting your lame comeback lines, punk.

Poe
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:32 AM
oh isn't that clever... :p

Hurley
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Will you two stop fighting?? :sad:

Hurley
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:33 AM
LOOK AT ME!! I'M CRYING!!

[points upward]

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Hang on, I'm very confused now. Hurley started changing my posts, and then he deleted them, and now nothing makes sense.

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Well, I hate you both. Actually, I hate Hurley soooooo much more.

Poe
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:35 AM
don't worry i have a vivid imagination ... i'm sure your insults were very colourful to say the least

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:37 AM
WELL THERE SHOULDN'T BE A MARIAH CAREY THREAD! WHAT HAS SHE EVER DONE TO DESERVE IT BESIDES BANG TOMMY MOTTOLA!

Sorry, had to get that in. ;)

Oh Hurley, for such an idiot, I'm kicking your ass at Literati pretty well, hey?

Hurley
No. I would have left something interesting. They were just stupid.

King Lindsay
Not insults, Poe. Comebacks. You were the one who insulted me, no?

Hurley
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:38 AM
We're 2-1 tonight, punk, and you won the first game by 1 measly point.

Hurley
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:38 AM
That's it. I'm banning you good!!!

King Lindsay
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:39 AM
No, we're 3-1 punk.

Poe
Originally posted by tennisfan333
Not insults, Poe. Comebacks. You were the one who insulted me, no?

Indeed I did, after you disrespected me and every one else who likes her music.

Hurley
Bull.

Hurley
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:41 AM
That's it. This thread has turned into insults and has gone off-topic. I'm closing it.

Poe
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Hurley
What you have to understand about TF333 that he is insane.

:p

a quality in people you seem to enjoy then

Hurley
Oct 8th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Okay, here you guys go. Have fun. I'm not getting involved ever again. I'll just go play in "Hi Dahveed."