PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Making Free International Phone Calls From My Computer

CHOCO
Sep 26th, 2002, 05:25 AM
I often use PC to PC voice communications with my friends. I use to make free phone calls from my computer two years ago before the stock markets crashed and many of these internet companies went belly up.

So I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know of websites that offer free phone calls from one's own computer.

Thanks. :)

Jetta
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:13 PM
I don't think there's such thing as free anymore. :o

I usually use Net2Phone.com

CHOCO
Oct 1st, 2002, 11:45 PM
Alexis - thanks.

I know it's difficult to find a site that offer this service anymore. However, I'm keeping my fingers cross that someone knows of a site.

:)

Fingon
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:20 AM
net2phone used to be free on pc to pc calls, it never was free for pc to phone calls (although it was much cheaper).

Another website is www.mediaring.com, same thing and I don't know if they are still around.

Anyways, I don't know from the States but from Canada is nearly free calling anywhere (10 c/minute to the US, 20 c/minute to the UK).

CHOCO
Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:39 AM
Hi Fingon - :)

Thanks for your suggestion.

CHOCO
Oct 5th, 2002, 12:12 AM
:)

The Vampiress
Oct 5th, 2002, 01:51 AM
www.hottelephone.com was free phone calls from anywhere in the world, I used to do it to make prankies,

I actually don't know if it still around. :sad:

CHOCO
Oct 5th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Allegra - Thanks. :)

I tried that company, and unfortunately, they charge for those calls now.

Kiwi_Boy
Oct 5th, 2002, 08:45 AM
those companies probably started free to get you hooked,and then they turn round and make you pay.:( :rolleyes: