PDA

View Full Version : Kremlin Cup Cheering Place for the Other Russians!

auntie janie
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:50 PM
Presumably there will be a LOT of Russian players in the qualies as well as those we know will be in the main draw. And this year, the Russian women's tennis revolution is truly underway, and I think the results this year will be the best ever for the group as a whole. :)

So here is a place to cheer for everyone who doesn't have their own cheering zone already! Good luck, ladies! :D

Jordan.
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:53 PM
Good Luck Russians! :) (especially Vera Z,Anna K,Anastasia,Lina,and Anna B)

Cassius
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:55 PM
Good Luck to the Russian girls (esp. Elena D, and Lina and Nastya)

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

King Aaron
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Good luck girls!!! especially my faves!! :)

CellJr300
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:09 PM
Good Luck
ANNAK

ys
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:37 PM
I think Anna K. will make semis or better. She is in good form, more or less match tough. I think she'll beat Nadia on Thursday. And Dokic on Friday. And then it'll depend on whom she plays in semis. If it is going to be Dementieva or Bovina, Anna will win. Against Lindsay, I am not so sure.

auntie janie
Oct 1st, 2002, 07:46 PM
ys, has Anna ever beaten Lindsay indoors before? I can't see her doing it.

But there is a LONG way to go before that could happen. I admit, I have ZERO idea who will win the Nadya vs. Anna match, but I am rooting for Nadya. :)

Meanwhile, "Great Russian Performance of the Day" award goes to DINARA SAFINA; she had the highest-ranked opponent of the Russians today by far, and the greatest comeback! (And NADYA gets the award for yesterday!)

Elena Bovina was lucky to scrape through! :o

vaiva
Oct 1st, 2002, 08:16 PM
I will also be rooting for Nadia vs Anna, but I was glad to see that Anna was serving so well according to her standards. No DFs. Stronger 1st serve. Has Solomon already started improving this department of her game? :)
And she was mentally stronger, lost concentration but regrouped well!

Always nice to see a beautiful girl doing well in her professional career :)

But what a tournament do Russian girls have :)