PDA

View Full Version : A downright passionate plea for Ana Ivanovic....

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Ana, please... and I mean PLEASE... get you pre-Wimbledon 2008 game back before AO 2010!!

Get your serves right! Make that forehand work again!!!

:sad::sad::sad:

hotandspicey
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Maybe she needs to stop freaking with that 30 year old golfer. Gone down hill since.

InsideOut.
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:36 AM
We've been waiting forever; a few more months wouldn't make much difference. :rolleyes::shrug::sobbing:

KournikovaFan91
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:37 AM
It was before she met him, when she was with Verdasco.

I dunno what her excuse is for this rapid decline. :shrug: Like there isn't any pressure on her now, I don't get what happened and why 2009 was so bad.

Valanga
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:38 AM
come on, the new season has just started, give her some time.

Rafito.
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Ana is much better than she was in 2009, At least we know she is getting better and not getting worse.

debby
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Maybe she needs to stop freaking with that 30 year old golfer. Gone down hill since.

He is 30 ? :eek:

Nikkiri
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I'm an Ana fan.. but thread worthy? No.

yukon145
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:01 AM
her service toss is the issue. It's all mental, I think it may take a while to get back to what it was.

Zauber
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:14 AM
face it she is just another big babe that cannot move.
like Davenport( the most successful of the big babes), Safina, Vaidisova,Sharapova(i wish she had not grown after her first g.s. win at wimbledon), Petrova,Molik,Pavlyuchenkova(i am sorry to say),lisicki, wickmayer?

ZODIAC
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:23 AM
She will get better as the season wears on,she will be better than 09 but will be outside of top ten again.

Curtos07
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:25 AM

Here game went down way before Adam. Get real

Volcana
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM
like DavenportIt's difficult to take the comparison between Ivanovic and Davenport seriously.

the jamierbelyea
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:31 AM

He may be 29, but he's downright yummy if you ask me.

http://www.womenstennisblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/adam-scott-golfer.jpg

mboyle
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:34 AM
like Davenport( the most successful of the big babes), Safina, Vaidisova,Sharapova(i wish she had not grown after her first g.s. win at wimbledon), Petrova,Molik,Pavlyuchenkova(i am sorry to say),lisicki, wickmayer?

Ivanovic isn't as fast as, say, Clijsters or Jankovic, but she moves a whole lot better than Sharapova, who moves better than Davenport. I am actually cautiously optimistic about this season. She put up a pair of W's, and did not play terribly against Henin.

Zauber
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:34 AM
another one of your totally misleading posts
derived by cutting me of in mid-sentence.
great ettiquette.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 8th, 2010, 02:37 AM
like Davenport( the most successful of the big babes), Safina, Vaidisova,Sharapova(i wish she had not grown after her first g.s. win at wimbledon)

Well, since that Wimbledon win in 2004, she has won another 2 slams. Guess that has nothing to do with it at all....

thrust
Jan 8th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Who is the golfer? She should have stayed with Verdasco-LOL!!

shap_half
Jan 8th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Ivanovic isn't as fast as, say, Clijsters or Jankovic, but she moves a whole lot better than Sharapova, who moves better than Davenport. I am actually cautiously optimistic about this season. She put up a pair of W's, and did not play terribly against Henin.

Sharapova may scramble better than Lindsay but her footwork isn't even comparable.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 8th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Who is the golfer? She should have stayed with Verdasco-LOL!!

The golfer has 50 times the money and success of Verdasco (Adam Scott was ranked 3)

Loungy
Jan 8th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Who is the golfer?
Adam Scott. They were already buddies while she was still with Verdasco :dance:

http://crazyworldoftennis.blogspot.com/2009/01/ivanovic-at-beach-with-adam-scott.html

shap_half
Jan 8th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Listen, considering where Ana was like 5 months ago, I would consider the fact that she was able to string along 3 matches a step in the right direction. Of course, she could improve that toss, but hopefully that will come. At least she didn't lose in the first round.

Sean.
Jan 8th, 2010, 04:36 AM
her service toss is the issue. It's all mental, I think it may take a while to get back to what it was.

Yes & No.

Her ball toss is the issue, the rest of the technique on her serve is great. But it's not all mental, among other things she releases the ball far to early.

But it's nothing that Sven shouldn't have fixed by now. So for fuck sake Ana, fix it!

Inktrailer
Jan 8th, 2010, 04:54 AM
She got to the SF in the first tournament of the year, and hasn't looked too bad doing it - certainly better than a lot of last year. Yes she made mistakes last night but the most hurtful thing for her is that she was playing Henin who made few errors and punished Ana often.

I'm optimistic about Ana's season being much better than last year.

JJandAna4ever
Jan 8th, 2010, 05:03 AM
I wonder how people keep missing the obvious thing that's dragging her down: off court sponsors activities.
Other WTA players have found boyfriends and still maintain their level, I don't think her boyfriends could be seriously blamed for her drastic fall.

Think about it. Her slump came right after her French Open win, when the endorsements and photo-shoot started pouring in. Serena and Maria has endorsement too, but they have a pretty efficient team to compartmentalize that stuff. And Maria has a profrssional dedication like no other.

KatChr
Jan 8th, 2010, 05:32 AM
I still think that its mental. It was so obvious to see last night during her match against Henin. In the first 3 of her service games she did not have any service problems. Its not like she forgot how to through the ball between breaks - its mental!
She thougth that she was over the whole mental thing - but she wasn't. As soon as she played a player from the past that she know she had never beaten - and had to play well against to beat - she broke down.
You could tell that she after the match was crying on her way off court. I dont think a player liker Ana would cry if it was just "technique" because that is easily fixed at this level! She knows that its mental and that it takes a while to change (see Dementieva!)!!

SharapovaFTW
Jan 8th, 2010, 05:58 AM
O she is with Adam Scott? Well that explains it. Adam Scott was another young talent pegged to be the next Tiger Woods. He even had the same coach as Tiger Woods did very early in his career. His swing was basically a clone of Tiger's at one point. Scott has been nothing but all hype with no delivery his entire career. Sort of like Ivanovic. They are a match made in heaven. At least Ana got her 1 Grand Slam. Scott couldn't even get that.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:00 AM
O she is with Adam Scott? Well that explains it. Adam Scott was another young talent pegged to be the next Tiger Woods. He even had the same coach as Tiger Woods did very early in his career. His swing was basically a clone of Tiger's at one point. Scott has been nothing but all hype with no delivery his entire career. Sort of like Ivanovic. They are a match made in heaven. At least Ana got her 1 Grand Slam. Scott couldn't even get that.

The Players and The Tour Championship are good tournaments, both won by Scott

SharapovaFTW
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:08 AM
The Players and The Tour Championship are good tournaments, both won by Scott

Please don't try and spin it like Scott has fulfilled his promise. Those Tournaments were won in 04 and 06. He was supposed to be the next great thing in golf and he has fallen well short of those expectations and then some. He is currently 34th in the world which is respectable, but not for a guy with the talent Scott has. Now he is just another face lost in the crowd. I'm sure you follow Men's tennis some. Basically he is the Gulbis of golf. All that talent, but wasting it. 2009 was arguably his worst year as a professional as well.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Please don't try and spin it like Scott has fulfilled his promise. Those Tournaments were won in 04 and 06. He was supposed to be the next great thing in golf and he has fallen well short of those expectations and then some. He is currently 34th in the world which is respectable, but not for a guy with the talent Scott has. Now he is just another face lost in the crowd. I'm sure you follow Men's tennis some. Basically he is the Gulbis of golf. All that talent, but wasting it. 2009 was arguably his worst year as a professional as well.

When Gulbis was number 3 of the world ?

Curtos07
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:11 AM

Well, Adam has played well the past couple of months with 3-4 top ten finishes and a title at the Australian Open. So I think his slump is over with and expect him to have a resurgent 2010.

SharapovaFTW
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with er off-court activities. I can see where you are coming from, but the real reason why is slumping is a combination of things. The biggest of course was that she wasn't able to handle the pressure of being #1 and the expectations of being the games next superstat after she won RG. Com bine that with her thumb injury, she tumbled during the 2nd half of 2008. Then her confidence took a big it which has been the problem ever since.

I don't think photoshoots have nothing to do with it. She's been doing photoshoots since the very beginning of her career and it had no effect on her prior to the half way point of 2008. In fact, as some one who has followed Ana pretty much on a daily basis for 3 years now, I think she has done less photoshoots during the past 12 months, than she had during previous years when she wasy playing well.

As for the boyfriend issue, I think it's something worth discussing, but her struggles did begin before she begin dating. I'm not the beiggest fan of her WAGging at all these golf tournaments, but I don't believe she is the kind of player to put practice aside. I think dating someone like a Adam Scott could actually be beneficial to her in the logn run.

She is quoted as saying "Adam has taught me the most important thing is patience" if you didn't know that.

Curtos07
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I wonder how people keep missing the obvious thing that's dragging her down: off court sponsors activities.
Other WTA players have found boyfriends and still maintain their level, I don't think her boyfriends could be seriously blamed for her drastic fall.

Think about it. Her slump came right after her French Open win, when the endorsements and photo-shoot started pouring in. Serena and Maria has endorsement too, but they have a pretty efficient team to compartmentalize that stuff. And Maria has a profrssional dedication like no other.
I disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with er off-court activities. I can see where you are coming from, but the real reason why is slumping is a combination of things. The biggest of course was that she wasn't able to handle the pressure of being #1 and the expectations of being the games next superstat after she won RG. Com bine that with her thumb injury, she tumbled during the 2nd half of 2008. Then her confidence took a big it which has been the problem ever since.

I don't think photoshoots have nothing to do with it. She's been doing photoshoots since the very beginning of her career and it had no effect on her prior to the half way point of 2008. In fact, as some one who has followed Ana pretty much on a daily basis for 3 years now, I think she has done less photoshoots during the past 12 months, than she had during previous years when she wasy playing well.

As for the boyfriend issue, I think it's something worth discussing, but her struggles did begin before she begin dating. I'm not the beiggest fan of her WAGging at all these golf tournaments, but I don't believe she is the kind of player to put practice aside. I think dating someone like a Adam Scott could actually be beneficial to her in the logn run.

SharapovaFTW
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Well, Adam has played well the past couple of months with 3-4 top ten finishes and a title at the Australian Open. So I think his slump is over with and expect him to have a resurgent 2010.

Good points, but he has always played well overseas though. Call me when he wins something on the PGA Tour. More notable a major championship. I'd like to see Adam do it, I'm not dogging the guy. I'm a fan of his to a degree, but he has been disappointing to me as a fan of golf so far in his career.

Curtos07
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:15 AM
She is quoted as saying "Adam has taught me the most important thing is patience" if you didn't know that.

I read that. Which I completely agree with. She needs to be more patient.

GAGAlady
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Ana is far too emotional and fragile right now to be competing at this level in tennis.

If she wants to start improving she needs to stop the crying and and the bitching.

She has plenty of game, but she has a really bad attitude.

Curtos07
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Ana is far too emotional and fragile right now to be competing at this level in tennis.

If she wants to start improving she needs to stop the crying and and the bitching.

What are you talking about? When has Ana ever bitched or had a bad attitude?

SharapovaFTW
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:20 AM

I always thought it was the opposite. Minus her somewhat forced "come ons", Ana's problem is she doesn't have that killer instinct. She doesn't have that swagger or ruthless attitude that you see in most of the top players from any generation. If she doesn't develop it she is never going to reach the top again in my opinion. I can't agree with your POV here.

nathan07
Jan 8th, 2010, 09:35 AM
It is not a technically excellent serve - we are not talking about
the serve of Serena Williams, Nadia Petrova or Lindsay Davenport
here.... but when she has good contact, Ivanovic's serve is highly
effective. It wins her free points and allows her to begin the
rally from an offensive position - like the serve of other
offensive players, i.e. Henin, Safina, Venus etc. etc.

People seem to rather have missed the point that the ball toss
is an essential *part of serving technique*. It is totally fundamental to to the initial preparation/production of the stroke!!!!

Even when And has her serve more fully under control, it is
still very readable because she has natural tendency to serve
with with slice, simply because of the ball toss and the
inevitable contact point with the ball.

nathan07
Jan 8th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Believe me, you cannot get anywhere out of juniors if you
don't have a good degree of ruthlessness :P

All the professional players have this; it's partrly
what separates them from their peers when they
get onto the senior Tour(s). Ana certainly can
be ruthless and determined - she's fought through
many three-set maches, often from a point of losing
- but there is ceratin brittleness about her, too.

Yet that was exactly the case for Henin [back in 2000 -
2002], though... she lost several key matches
(often with big leads) and seemed to lose concentration
badly, especially at critical points in a match.

That is not how she is viewed today...
Ana can correct this, i'm sure.

I always thought it was the opposite. Minus her somewhat forced "come ons", Ana's problem is she doesn't have that killer instinct. She doesn't have that swagger or ruthless attitude that you see in most of the top players from any generation. If she doesn't develop it she is never going to reach the top again in my opinion. I can't agree with your POV here.

thegreendestiny
Jan 8th, 2010, 09:50 AM
My guess is, Ana's problem started when she rose to the top. When sponsors poured in, she could not handle the pressure of delivering what was expected of her. Hence, she lost the "fun" part of the game. It became a mental struggle for her to believe in herself. Her ball toss problem alone shows how she lacks that confidence.

I hate her with passion but I respect her game and I know what she is capable of. If she looks back and start to appreciate more what she has accomplished so far, maybe she'd realize how lucky she is still in her career.

ZODIAC
Jan 8th, 2010, 01:28 PM
its the money...some people once they get rich become complacent,thats what happened to her after winning RG.She got Rolex , Yonex and the media was calling her the anti-pova ...the desire to work hard wasnt there anymore she felt she has made it.Reality is setting in now and its a bit late because there are many young players who can beat her any day anytime and are even better than her.These days she stopped saying ...I am young..because she is no longer that young on tour soon she will be 24yrs..

GAGAlady
Jan 8th, 2010, 06:13 PM
What are you talking about? When has Ana ever bitched or had a bad attitude?

I think maybe i was misunderstoood.

I enjoy Ana, shes a sweet girl. But shes highly emotional ON COURT. shes tense, she cannot relax...shes inconsistant on almost everyone of her shots. She nets 1 out of 3 shots she hits. To me, that called being nervous and being out of control emotionally. you do not have to be crying or outwardly showing distressed to actually be distressed. I play tennis as well, i know what shes going through. we have all been there..

Her serve is unreliable. Her service toss is disgusting, its amateur actually.

Ana has taken too much for granted, she has great weapons but to me she lacks any mental fortitude or fight. Shes always clumsy on court against the faster players and she seems to get all worked up.

She needs a better game plan and she needs to STICK TO THAT GAME plan...

If she continues like this i highly doubt we will see her back in the top 10.

honigschlecker
Jan 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM
She wrote on her website (or was it in an interview?!) that she changed her serving technique due to a problem with her shoulder. Anyone knows something about this? Is this injury/problem still in effect?

I also think that her service is THE problem. Maybe not the only one but the most important. It inhibits any chance of actually take control of matches.

MM_1257
Jan 10th, 2010, 09:37 PM
She wrote on her website (or was it in an interview?!) that she changed her serving technique due to a problem with her shoulder. Anyone knows something about this? Is this injury/problem still in effect?

I also think that her service is THE problem. Maybe not the only one but the most important. It inhibits any chance of actually take control of matches.

Yes, she had to change the service motion last year. Ana has had problems with that shoulder since 2006. There were several statements of Scott Byrnes and Sven about the shoulder, too and that she needs to strengthen that part of the body. Obviously in 2009 it started bugging her again, I guess because of all that crazy practice she did because of the erratic toss... I hope she is OK now...

Mixo
Jan 10th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I hope she is OK now...

I guess the shoulder is not completely ok since she was icing it after the match against Pavlyuchenkova. Maybe it was just for precaution, let's hope.

MM_1257
Jan 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Probably it was for precaution, just like the thumb during Brisbane last year. But I believe it is not completely completely OK.