hdfb
Jan 7th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Yup, they do indeed suck so bad.

anthonyqld
Jan 7th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Leaving the Henin match at 3-1 in the tiebreak for deal or no deal :fiery:

Shittest TV station of all time

So you live in South Australia?

And what's worse is that it will be a repeat of Deal or No Deal from last year.

We're used to that in QLD during the Australian Open.

SOA_MC
Jan 7th, 2010, 07:06 AM
So you live in South Australia?

And what's worse is that it will be a repeat.

Yes I do in the south east right near the Victorian border

Can't believe they couldn't wait till the end of the match :rolleyes:

Nikkiri
Jan 7th, 2010, 07:06 AM
They left at 4-3 third set here. :o Channel 7 are idiots they aren't letting foxsports show the AO, so we can expect more shit like this, unless its Hewitt playing a 5 setter of course.

Ntour
Jan 7th, 2010, 07:09 AM
lol I was pissed when that happened, I had to run to my computer and hunt down a livestream

Bronx19
Jan 7th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I didnt know it was on 7, I watched it online. Does anyone still watch FTA?

Golovinjured.
Jan 7th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I couldn't believe that when I heard it. 6-2 3-6 6-6 (3-1) and Griggsy pops up, "we now leave our South Australian viewers." I literally :spit:

W!MBLEDON
Jan 7th, 2010, 09:16 AM
They left at 4-3 third set here. :o Channel 7 are idiots they aren't letting foxsports show the AO, so we can expect more shit like this, unless its Hewitt playing a 5 setter of course.

are you serious? :o

anthonyqld
Jan 7th, 2010, 09:37 AM
are you serious? :o

Seven own the fta and pay TV rights. They've offered them to Fox Sports but Fox Sports aren't willing to pay Seven's asking price(which is according to Fox Sports twice what they paid for the rights last year). Seven probably bought the pay TV rights because they don't make it a secret(although the News Ltd media ignore it) that they want to restart their pay TV sports channel but Foxtel won't add the channel to their lineup, and they hope the public outrage over lack of coverage is directed at Foxtel for not taking on the channel, rather than to 7 for not selling the rights cheap enough.

There might be a late deal. Remember the big fight between 7 and Fox Sports over the pay-TV AFL rights.

explorer
Jan 7th, 2010, 11:29 AM
I am in Sydney they cut off at 4-3 third set! Is there anyway we can send petition or feedback to Channel 7? They has been screwed us for too long. In previous years, they held the two main court matches in AO, but didn't show some of those matches LIVE, yet they didn't allow Fox Sport to show them because they were afraid of losing ratings if Fox Sports show them LIVE when Channel 7 put on their rubbish programm. They held the matches till finish their crap daily program, then showed taped delay of matchs with tons of ads. :fiery:

w@tto10
Jan 9th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Is is the same when Channel 9 had the Soccer World Cup back in 2002, They kept taking ad breaks during the game, next thing you know a goal has been scored when they come back! Free TV has no idea how to do sport coverage! I like Fox Sport doing the Australian Open because they usually have viewers choice which is awesome!

Monzanator
Jan 9th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Ads during football/soccer matches? That's the most retarded idea in sports TV history ever :lol:

Mashabator
Jan 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
i hate you channel 7 you cant even show the final of brisbane live!!!!!

Golovinjured.
Jan 9th, 2010, 08:54 AM
henin clijsters isn't gonna be live? :hysteric:

cellophane
Jan 9th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Wow... it finally started.

Lord Sneeze
Jan 9th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Thats poor form, but hat do you expect from 7.

They showed a the tv series Kingdom and then the vicar of dibley instead of Henin v Clijsters. Ive decided to boycott everything on 7 that isn't tennis.

SOA_MC
Jan 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
^ If they didn't have the AO and AFL rights I wouldn't watch them at all.

First they fuck over foxtel with the AFL rights and now the rights to the Australian Open

Ilikebigboobies
Jan 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I am as pissed off as you guys are. (believe me)

BUT no free to air channel is any better. :yawn:

Golovinjured.
Jan 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I actually watched Vicar of Dibley and it's quite funny..

anthonyqld
Jan 9th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Is is the same when Channel 9 had the Soccer World Cup back in 2002, They kept taking ad breaks during the game, next thing you know a goal has been scored when they come back! Free TV has no idea how to do sport coverage! I like Fox Sport doing the Australian Open because they usually have viewers choice which is awesome!

Several matches being broadcast was good. Back before Fox Sports had the pay TV rights to the AO, C7 Sport did the same thing giving 2 courts apart from the 7 coverage.

There's still hope this year. 7 are still trying to make a deal with EuroSport or ESPN - Although since unlike Fox Sports they each only have 1 sport channel and no "active" service, if either of those channels get the rights, then there'll just be 1 match apart from the 7 coverage. Eurosport is showing some of Sydney next week; not sure if it's replayed 7 coverage or unique matches; so they'll probably be favourite.