PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever on prescription drugs?

Jetta
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:18 AM
I'm just wondering. I'm on these prescribed allergy pills now and I've been getting stomach pains and vomiting. Probably will have to switch.

Anyways, Anyone here ever on any kind of prescription drugs? Why were you on it? What was your worst side effect?

Scotso
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Oh my god, I can't count them all :eek: I get sick often.

Right now I'm on an anti-social anxiety medicine. No side effects unless I forget to take it in which case I feel REALLY bad.

The worst side effect... accutane destroyed my skin, it was literally rotting for a month but I'm pretty much normal now. My skin recovered but it stays dry.

The Vampiress
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:29 AM
alexis.....is your allergy medication called Allegra by any chance???;) ;) ;)

Im on ceroxual it's an anti-arthritis medication. No side effects or anything, though I take one everyday and I am free of mild arthritis for the day.

Jetta
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:31 AM
lmao how did you know, Allegra? ;) :p :D :wavey:

Jetta
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:32 AM
*gives scott some lotion* ;)

I might be switching from Allegra to something else..... *watches for the next allergy medicine to register for an account* ;)

Scotso
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Allegra shouldn't be upsetting your stomach :eek: Are you sure you didn't eat something bad or? I guess it could but it's pretty mild. With some people it makes their heart rate go way up.

You could try zyrtec or something like that.

The Vampiress
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:35 AM
lol.....just had my suspicions :kiss: :wavey: :D :p :)

Yes I used to take Allegra for hayfever. Allegra with Allegra they called me. lol how Ironic is that:p

Have you ever taken Bee Pollen capsules??
They do wonders with hayfever/allergies.
I suggest you buy some from a local health department or next time your in your supermarket, because it really does wonders:) :wavey:

Jetta
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by GoLleyt
Allegra shouldn't be upsetting your stomach :eek: Are you sure you didn't eat something bad or? I guess it could but it's pretty mild. With some people it makes their heart rate go way up.

You could try zyrtec or something like that.

Allegra is making me vomit almost everyday lately. I guess every body's body is different. Maybe it is the vitamins along with the Allegra pills? :confused:

The Vampiress
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:41 AM
I didint know I was that disgusting:sad: :sad: :sad:

Jetta
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Allegra

Have you ever taken Bee Pollen capsules??
They do wonders with hayfever/allergies.
I suggest you buy some from a local health department or next time your in your supermarket, because it really does wonders:) :wavey:

Bee pollen capsules? hmm...never heard of that before, I'll have to find it, but I'll try anything to get rid of the red watery eyes and sneezing everyday lately. :(

Scotso
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Awww poor Allegra ;)

Everyone is different Alexis ;)

If it's making you that sick I wouldn't take it :D

Jetta
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Allegra
I didint know I was that disgusting:sad: :sad: :sad:

LMFAO!! Yeah, you're pretty disgusting. :o

lol just kidding, i was talking about the pills. :p

Jetta
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Allegra is effective, but the side effects...... :o

The Vampiress
Sep 25th, 2002, 05:54 AM
defintly what GoLleyt said.
Try Zytec very few side effects and good quality:)
I would scan you a picture of what they look like but you probably allready tried them :)

The Vampiress
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:05 AM
www.warnerlambert.com.au/ zyrtec/pack.jpg

RYNJ
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:05 AM
I was using retin-A but then I stopped because I had very little pimples and it was just hurting my face.

Jetta
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:16 AM
I actually never tried zrytec before but have heard of it. I used to use clarinex but my doctor switched me to Allegra because I was having headaches from clarinex. :rolleyes:

BasicTennis
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:16 AM
get well soon guys.:)

irma
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:28 AM
I am on antibiotica for skintroubles
I wish I had done it 10 years earlier because now I am finally as good as acne free:)

Dr. Peedy
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Hrmm.... the last few years now I've been using Zyrtec for hayfever, they don't seem to require a prescription for those here, I just walk up to a pharmacy and ask for them and get them.

Dr. Peedy
Sep 25th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Hamster
In August 1999 I wrecked my knee playing rugby. To help the swelling go down I was given tablits that where small round and white and had an "e" on them.

I could have made a fortune seeling them!

LMAO! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif

Pamela Shriver
Sep 25th, 2002, 02:41 PM
I have to take sleeping pills otherwise I keep getting nightmares of that 78 US Open final...Nightmares involving Chris Evert are NOT to be joked about...

Helen Lawson
Sep 25th, 2002, 03:05 PM
I take the yellow ones. Dolls.

Martian Martin
Sep 25th, 2002, 03:15 PM
I'm on a few as well, I've got my two Inhalers for my asthma. Piriton which is for my hay fever and also Lachesis which helps my stomach, because I've got a lot of problems with my stomach.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:53 PM
I've taken slepping pills, mild sleeping pills - Vallegran. I got them during my Senior year at HS. that was my "worst" year. lol I couldn't sleep, didn't have the energy to do anything. Had to quit a lot of stuff. my Teachers noticed me for 92 hours of absence at school :eek: bad year.. but i got through:)

Allie, *hug*, those pills sounds BAD! hope you'll be able to find some pills that are better!

Irma - that antibiotic you talked about.. how do taht work?? Coz i've been having some bad skinproblems this year - the doc said it was becos of the lack of sleep, but i sleep a lot better now, so why do i still have the prob??!:mad: :sad:

speaking of allergic pills... many norwegians take allergic pills before they drink - so they don't get hangovers..... :o I've heard it actually works! :o

irma
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:05 PM
marri acne is an inflamation of the talgklier(no idea what that is in english) and when it's really bad then it can only be healed from inside.(I am not a dermatoloog so I only repeat what she told me). I also got cream wich is pretty strong and makes your skin very dry but that's better as all these spots I used to have!

Mazza
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Forever
I was using retin-A but then I stopped because I had very little pimples and it was just hurting my face.
I was perscribed Rentin-A along with Quinoderm 5 cream last week as I my skin was annoying me but I felt it made it worse as my skin is sooooooo dry and peeling a little and it BURNS like hell when I put the Rentin stuff on! :o :sad:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:30 PM
thanks irma! and i know what you mean about "Talg" ...we use that word here too! ;)

Crazy Canuck
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:52 PM
I've taken antibiotics for a number of things, and was given tylenol 3 for back pain once.

The antibiotics were fine, the tylenol made me feel slightly stoned.

Luna_Angel_84
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:20 PM
At the mo I take these pills for period pain and also ones to stop me puking during time of the month too. Nice. My sister and I are both convinced we're going to end up on anti-depressants since our parents are on them all.the.fucking.time. :p

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:24 PM
lol Claire.... :o

thank god i never have that much pain during that time of each fucking month. lol

lemon
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Yep :D I'm on prescription morphine :eek: but it doesn't work very well, so I'm going on the needle in a few months :eek: *faints because of needles*

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 26th, 2002, 12:14 AM
I take Paxil 30 mg a day for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and preventitive panic attacks. My life feels brand new since I started at the Olympics in 2000 :D

I also take Allegra ( :eek: @ Alexis ) for dizziness, because my inner ear balance is always out of balance.

Scott - which anti-anxiety are you on?

the cat
Sep 26th, 2002, 12:27 AM
I've been on prescriptions for Pneumonia and an inner ear infection, among other things. I had the watery eyes for awhile on one of the prescriptions. But not much else in terms of side affects.

Alexis, isn't Julie a Pharmacist? She helped me with my inner ear infection a couple of months ago. Maybe she couls help you to.

I hope you feel better and your Allergies pass! :D

MartianJoeyWinson
Sep 26th, 2002, 02:17 AM
Well... I was on some anti-depressants once that just made me feel like I was living in a dream world so I quit em, cant remember what they were called, but they were one under Prozac in anti-depressant strength.

I used to have quite bad acne, I first tried something called Oxytetracycline, then something called Erythromycin (which were white with "E" on them!), they worked for a bit, then stopped working and my skin was really bad. So I went to see a dermatologist, and he put me on a trial drug called Roaccutane, basically a massive dose of vitamin b and antibiotic, the dose I had would have cost 500, but I got it for nothing.

When I started, the first two weeks were awful, my skin got even worse and I went back to the dermatologist who told me this was perfectly normal and gave me a leaflet. When I saw the potential side effects I freaked out! It's not nice when you see "liver failure" as a possible side effect. Anyway, as I entered the first month my skin went from really greasy to desert-like dry, I was like a human flapjack. I got horrible spots under the skin which wasnt nice, but it was working. But the side effects were kicking in, jaundice, aching joints, and crazy mood swings which just weren't helping my already crazy mental state as my parents had split up and I was infatuated with a girl in my class who just saw me as a mate.

As time went on, my skin got better, my mental state was getting worse,but when the dryness went down, and people were saying how well my skin was and I could look at myself in the mirror with some respectability, it all seemed worth it. I cut short the dose by my own accord before my GCSE exams as I wanted to be in a totally fit mental state to do them, and I passed them with flying colours and had a nice trip to Wimby at the end of it,and clearer skin for once.

I later read in a newspaper a father of a child who had killed himself was taking the Pharmaceutical company who made Roaccutane to court as he thought it was what tipped him over the edge. At times I felt suicidal, but I had a lot of other probs on top of me... I don't regret being on the course though, cos my skin is miles better than what it was!

Hurley
Sep 26th, 2002, 02:42 AM
I see a lot of people with acne problems in here. About two or three years ago I started using a topical medication called Benzamycin....nothing oral. It worked total wonders. I still get a couple pimples every now and then, but that, we've learned, is because of stress (I really should see a whole different kind of doctor about THAT :)). Compare me now to me then and PFFFFFFFFFFFT....it's a miracle. Highly recommended.

Allegedly a side effect is colitis...and yes, I picked that up, LOL, but mildly, and any benzoyl peroxide will give that to you (even Clearasil) and stomach issues every now and then are a small price to pay for me being able to go outside without being really really sad.

Jen
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:28 AM
i was on tablets about a year ago coz i work in an office and have to look at computers all the time and coz of that i was getting really bad headaches
i still work with computers now but don't get headaches anymore.strage :p