PDA

View Full Version : Will Venus play doubles here?

LucasArg
Sep 25th, 2002, 03:31 AM
I though it would be great to see Venus playing doubles, as Serena did.

Which player would you like to see paring with the Queen?

:D

LucasArg
Sep 25th, 2002, 03:32 AM
I'd like Jelena Dokic:wavey:

ColinB
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:07 AM
I think she would only play with Serena or Stevenson

vertiklychalengd
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:01 AM
yeh jelena coz vee is fond of jelena..... and jelena's doubles partner for the past few tournies, kim clijsters isnt here. but then maybe vee isnt so open as serena and might skip doubles

jenglisbe
Sep 25th, 2002, 01:18 PM
I don't see Venus playing with others. Isn't she the one who has always said she and Serena would only play together??

Anyway, she and Anna would be an interesting pair. Venus would set Anna up for good volleys with her serve and return...and Anna's serve wouldn't matter as much as it is hard to get the return past Venus at net.

tenn_ace
Sep 25th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Venus and Dinara Safina?

Why not... try to pass them at the net (both are over 6'0)

would be coooooool!:p

rfs1999
Sep 25th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Will she show up at all?

LucasArg
Sep 26th, 2002, 04:15 AM
With Dinara would be great too.

Why not some changes in their career, if Serena can play with other players in doubles , why not Venus?:D

Chance
Sep 26th, 2002, 06:17 AM
I would like to see Vee play with other players but I don't think so, Venus is more reserved kinda shy

Chance
Sep 26th, 2002, 06:19 AM
but if it ever happens, what about Vee and Martina Hingis
That would be a hoot, I would love to see how Venus fans and hingis fans react to that !!

hugetennisfan
Sep 26th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by violet
but if it ever happens, what about Vee and Martina Hingis
That would be a hoot, I would love to see how Venus fans and hingis fans react to that !!

With their contrasting styles, I think Venus and Martina would make a very good team. I think it would be great if they played together!