PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments 2009~2010

fantic
Dec 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
not much rallies today.

Mainly watched court 1 & 2

Stock was okay, her backhand was good, dare I say a weapon?

And Tennisace, Visico did get '4' games :) But Modoc was clearly better, more powerful..

I dunno what position these players played last season; Manasse (LBS), Stock(Cal Poly), Gaitan (UCF), Aboubakare(Brown), Rodriguez(CSF)..help! :)

Anyway nearly every matches tomorrow are worth watching, so..I'll brave the gas expenses and traffic again, I guess..

Sorry there's not much info here, if you guys have any questions, fire away.

form
Dec 26th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Zamudio will play 1 at Davis this year

Manasse is LB's # 2

Aboubakare is Brown's # 1

Luzar is LB's # 5

Rodriguez is a frosh at Fullerton... will play top 1/2 but that's CSF

Stock is a student at Cal Poly... she is not on the team and never has been

Gaitan is the # 7 at USF

Nafaryette is # 4 at Hawaii

Radeva, Smith, Lee, Modoc (playing well above her jr level) and Edles all frosh... the first four could go a ways in this tourney

Whoever seeded this thing is a prankster or does no collegiate homework???? (Hank, put in an effort)

The top half is loaded and the bottom half is a joke.

Seeds should have been:

Aboubakare, Zamudio, Manasse and probably Radeva/Smith/Lee

gouci
Dec 26th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Form actually Michelle Stock played #5 singles for Cal Poly Pomona (Div. 2). :o

Fantic if the draw plays out as expected and you return to watch Monday's matches I'd appreciate a report on Kristina Smith (UCI) vs Nelly Radeva (Cal). :bounce:

As for Sunday you should watch and report on Manasse vs Lee.

I guess Costa Mesa is the last Hank Lloyd's left. The online Tennis Warehouse has put the other Hank Lloyd locations out of business. :sad:

form
Dec 26th, 2009, 10:14 PM
My bad on Pomona

The fact Hank seeded the UCSD girl (# 89 tennisrecruit and a frosh at D2) ahead of all those previously listed... wow

Internet is great for trade but bad for employment

fantic
Dec 26th, 2009, 10:24 PM
form, gouci, really appreciate the help. and yessir, I'll report on those 2 matches, gouci. :)

fantic
Dec 27th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Just reviewed the SW R, and

Julie Luzar lost to Andrea Oates of Pepperdine 5-7, 3-6.

Now that Oates lost to Schnack, 5-7, 3-6. I know that Oates is good, she had a fair game against Andersson of Cal.
(I imagine Oates vs Hein. That match could be REALLY intersting. )

And Rachel Manasse, she lost to Remynse 4-6, 4-6. God, she must be good. :)

West lost to Harrow by 6-7, 2-6 at Summer Circuit Riviera

and...did Aboubakare lost to Rachel Fox? Granted she is a good doubles player, but..maybe she didn't play?

And Lee, she at that tourney advanced to the final, losing to Guillermo 3-6, 2-6.

So, Lee vs Manasse should be REALLY interesting.

But I also want to watch other players..:p

fantic
Dec 27th, 2009, 03:03 AM
My bad on Pomona

The fact Hank seeded the UCSD girl (# 89 tennisrecruit and a frosh at D2) ahead of all those previously listed... wow

Internet is great for trade but bad for employment

actually I've seen Bursulaya at West End tourney and she wasn't that bad..:)

She defeated Kenadi Hance (ok, Hance IS young, 7th grader, but still she's top ranker in the nation #6, so. she's ahead of Profit, and Profit defeated Stratman recently),
and lost to Vandeweghe 2-6, 1-6

actually I wasn't that impressed with Radeva today, so who knows, B could have a nice game against R. :) (although Radeva SHOULD win the match)

Tennisace
Dec 27th, 2009, 03:31 AM
What kind of game does Radeva play? Strengths? Weaknesses? I have never seen her play in person although I know she used to be coached by Lansdorp.

fantic
Dec 27th, 2009, 04:37 AM
What kind of game does Radeva play? Strengths? Weaknesses? I have never seen her play in person although I know she used to be coached by Landsdorp.

eh, sorry, I didn't watch too long 'cause there was no rally, Radeva didn't particularly seem like a power player to me, control was a bit of a problem I 'think'. Let's just say I am 'relieved' if she plays #5 or 6 against
USC :devil:

BUT, since next match against Bursulaya 'might' be interesting, I'll concentrate more. I do hope that this match AND the Manasse vs Lee play side by side..:)

fantic
Dec 27th, 2009, 09:25 PM
ok, just came back

Lee vs Manasse; M was the better player, difference was power, I guess. M is quite an aggressive attacker, and her power drive is the best of the participants. I actually thought M would win all the way, her shots aren't just powerful but also accurate. So I went to see other matches. Later I found out that M got injured and had to default.

Aboubakare ; Modoc, Luzar; Zamudio were kinda similar. There was a lot of rallies, but I guess A & Z were more consistent. committing less errors.

Radeva ; Bursulaya

it took 1 & a half hours, the longest. I like B. :) Her drive is quite sharp, she definitely made more winners than R. (Back-hand slice wasn't bad either but her defensive slices were too high..)
But I guess R was more consistent. B made too much errors.
I think R tried to send the balls to B's backhand side..
R's service is ok, she's not an agile player..just can keep the ball in play, can't find any particular strengths.. kind of..like a minor version of Fink or Sanchez? Didn't see much slices or drop shots...that's about it

fantic
Dec 28th, 2009, 02:09 AM
eh...I have to ask this, I'm so ignorant..
Is there any player in Cal. colleges that favors top-spin? I think I can tell, but still am not sure, so...:help:

by the way, I also saw this match;

Jogasuria/Jogasuria d. Holladay/Smith

It was interesting 'cause the latter tried a lot of net-approach, like the Lady Vols team.
The skill wasn't there yet, but it could get better, so..

fantic
Dec 28th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I do feel uncomfortable watching tourneys outside the college campus..like I'm the only fan and an aberration..:o (some called it 'freak')
some time ago I asked an info about championship to former Stanford star player, and she replied that she didn't know there were any fans
maybe we're a rare breed, dunno how many are out there..:speakles:

gouci
Dec 28th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I do feel uncomfortable watching tourneys outside the college campus..like I'm the only fan and an aberration..:o (some called it 'freak')
Maybe it's the way you're dressed? If you go to a wealthy tennis club to watch a tournament you should be dressed in tennis attire. If you're dressed in regular jeans you'll stick out and may have people wondering who is that guy and what is he doing loitering around here. :lol: Maybe you should purchase a tennis warmup jacket and pants. If you go to a college match wear a cap or sweater of the team you support. If you're dressed appropriately people will know you're there for the tennis and probably will leave you alone. ;)

gouci
Dec 28th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Here are some scores.

2nd round

B. Aboubakare (Brown) def. Modoc (Fresno St.) 6-0,6-0

Zamudio (UC Davis) def. Luzar (Long Beach St.) 6-2,6-2

Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Nafarrete (Hawaii) 6-1,6-0

Lee (Cal Poly) def. Manasse (Long Beach St.) 3-2 injured

Smith (UC Irvine) def. Edles (UC Davis) 6-1,6-2

Angelika Jogasuria (Akron) def. West (Utah St.) 6-2,6-3

Radeva (Cal) def. Bursulaya (UC San Diego) 6-3,6-4

Quarter Finals

Smith (UC Irvine) def. Rodriguez (CS Fullerton) 6-1,6-2

Singles draw (http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/Draws/EventDraw.aspx?T=78077&E=2)

form
Dec 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Manasse was up 3-2 when def due to arm injury... shame but I guess better now than April/May

Zamudio win if her first ever over Luzar... mindboggling what is happening there ... congrats to the improving Davis girl

fantic
Dec 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Maybe it's the way you're dressed? If you go to a wealthy tennis club to watch a tournament you should be dressed in tennis attire. If you're dressed in regular jeans you'll stick out and may have people wondering who is that guy and what is he doing loitering around here. :lol: Maybe you should purchase a tennis warmup jacket and pants. If you go to a college match wear a cap or sweater of the team you support. If you're dressed appropriately people will know you're there for the tennis and probably will leave you alone. ;)

thanks for the advice. :) Well in my case it had nothing to do with 'wealth', I've been to Riviera and West-End and such, but had no problem there. Maybe my sporting a dark? retro-looking(80s! it was the cheapest, so -.-) sunglass and a dark parka-'sinister' effect- might be the reason..though I don't think so, maybe being at all places everytime has an unsettling effect, like 'who's that strange guy who keeps popping up at EVERY tourney? :rolleyes:

And I do have visors(NCAA, USC, CAL-it looked cool, really!..) and always wear them :)

gouci
Dec 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Fantic did you get a chance to watch the Smith vs Radeva/Jogasuria match? If so what do you have to report? Tennisace and I would appreciate it. :lol:

fantic
Dec 29th, 2009, 12:03 AM
came back after eating Pan fried noodle.

Jogasuria vs Radeva

Radeva wasn't that bad. Just that J was GOOD. She also had a sharp drive like Bursulaya but unlike her, she was consistent.
R really seems like Fink to me, at least her play-style is..and she does a forehand volley like Christian(I can't explain properly -.-), slices aren't
bad..

Zamudio vs Aboubakare

It was a good match. Both were good, A was a wee bit more powerful and she could nail a drive to the sideline near the net, but the difference was relatively negligible.

Now these J sisters..doubles, singles, they're pretty good..and Harutyunyan did pretty well at WAATC..this Akron team is a good team.

I suspect that the difference between LBS and UCI was depth last year, in that case Bisharat and Smith is only a plus. Smith is a smooth player (is this a right expression -.-), technically quite sound and has promise. Smith sisters are all good. :)

I didn't watch the semi too long 'cause the view was limited, I think J was ahead of Smith.

And the game between Toth (SJJC) and Hejazi (UCSB? he sported Cal shirt) was very interesting.
They both were good, but I was more impressed with Toth. He could do everything, quite nimble and his touch was great. (it was on court 9,
in case I got the names wrong)

Won't go tomorrow, so that's it.

fantic
Dec 29th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Fantic did you get a chance to watch the Smith vs Radeva/Jogasuria match? If so what do you have to report? Tennisace and I would appreciate it. :lol:

didn't see much but J was winning, and she was a better player. J is a bit more powerful, I guess.

the court #5 had a pretty limited view, and that view was obscured by many peoples watching..so I just
gave up, sorry.

gouci
Dec 29th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Quarter Finals

Aboubakare (Brown) def. Zamudio (UC Davis) 4-6,6-2,6-1

Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Lee (Cal Poly) 6-4,6-2

Angelika Jogasuria (Akron) def. Radeva (Cal) 6-3,6-3 :eek:

Finals

Angelina Jogasuria vs Angelika Jogasuria

The twins will battle each other. :lol:

Akron has Zaruhi Harutyunyan at #1, she did well at the Riviera, who will be reinforced well by 3 freshman. The Jogasuria twins from Indonesia plus Prang Pantusart of Thailand who had an ITF ranking high of #173.

Akron's #2 & #4 singles from last year in addition are also returning. This should make Akron the favorites to win the Mid-American over Western Michigan and Miami-Ohio, who got #1 singles Monica Gorny poached by Duke and lost their head coach to Maryland.

fantic
Dec 29th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Quarter Finals

Aboubakare (Brown) def. Zamudio (UC Davis) 4-6,6-2,6-1

Angelina Jogasuria (Akron) def. Lee (Cal Poly) 6-4,6-2

Angelika Jogasuria (Akron) def. Radeva (Cal) 6-3,6-3 :eek:

Finals

Angelina Jogasuria vs Angelika Jogasuria

The twins will battle each other. :lol:

Akron has Zaruhi Harutyunyan at #1, she did well at the Riviera, who will be reinforced well by 3 freshman. The Jogasuria twins from Indonesia plus Prang Pantusart of Thailand who had an ITF ranking high of #173.

Akron's #2 & #4 singles from last year in addition are also returning. This should make Akron the favorites to win the Mid-American over Western Michigan and Miami-Ohio, who got #1 singles Monica Gorny poached by Duke and lost their head coach to Maryland.

Watching them all yesterday I thought that Radeva might lose, but wasn't prepared for this one;

SF Angelina Jogasuria d. (1) Bianca Aboubakare 6-4; 6-1

maybe Aboubakare couldn't recover from the exertion of winning against Zamudio :)

Double J's are really good, they're technically quite sound, have nice drive (not that powerful, but pretty fast and accurate), and agile too..we'll hear more of them in the future, I guess.
By the way I wasn't that impressed with Gorny, she did win against Rachael White at WAATC..

fantic
Dec 30th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Freeman Memorial(UNLV) & NCTC(PALM SPRINGS)
UNLV Freeman Memorial

UNLV BU USC UCLA STAN UF

NCTC

USC UCLA NU FSU STAN

this is what I've found, please correct if I'm mistaken.

NCTC is held at a 'bravable' distance

fantic
Dec 30th, 2009, 04:10 PM
indoors 2009
----

*the baking was rife at Indoors;

MD

Thongdach def. Constantinescu 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
Falconi def. Chifchieva 6-0, 7-6(3)
Thongdach def. Will 1-6, 6-3, 6-0
Falconi def. Bek 6-2, 6-0
Falconi def. Chan 6-0, 6-2
Dy def. Petukhova 1-6, 6-3, 6-0
Falconi def. Brooosova 6-1, 6-0

Consolation;

Vallverdu def. Constantinescu 6-4, 2-6, 6-0
Vallverdu def. Novakova 6-0, 6-3
Vallverdu def. Scharle 6-0, 6-0
Zsilinszka def. Mosolova 6-4, 6-0

*Interesting results;

Broosova def. Novakova 7-6(3), 2-6, 7-6(5)
Cossou def. Cao 7-5, 6-4
Chan def. Kent 6-2, 1-6, 6-4
Fahoum def. Cao 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Kent def. Chifchieva 7-6(5), 6-4
Novakova def. Andersson 6-1, 6-1
Scharle def. Rhee 6-4, 6-3

gouci
Dec 30th, 2009, 05:30 PM
NCTC is held at a 'bravable' distance
Palm Springs is about 2 hours away from Los Angeles 1 way and $25 in gas round trip. :lol:

If you're going to watch multiple days I suggest you look for an inexpensive motel around Palm Springs to stay at. Driving 4 hours roundtrip on back to back days is brutal. :help: Instead of paying $50 in gas for the weekend pay $25 gas plus $50 motel and save yourself 4 hours of driving in the desert for an extra $25.

fantic
Dec 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Palm Springs is about 2 hours away from Los Angeles 1 way and $25 in gas round trip. :lol:

If you're going to watch multiple days I suggest you look for an inexpensive motel around Palm Springs to stay at. Driving 4 hours roundtrip on back to back days is brutal. :help: Instead of paying $50 in gas for the weekend pay $25 gas plus $50 motel and save yourself 4 hours of driving in the desert for an extra $25.

I'm actually thinking of sleeping in the car :lol:

buji
Dec 31st, 2009, 04:55 AM
Want to know whether Tara iyer is still hanging out there in Duke team or has she finished her college.

fantic
Jan 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
anuary 16-17; January 23-24, 2010
1. Smyth, Lacey
2. Guillermo, Lorraine
3. Xepoleas, Lynda
4. Cornea, Jennifer
5. McNall, Emily
6. Smith, Joanna
7. Johnson, Natalie
8. Parizher, Jessica
9. Blakeley, Julia
9. Brewer, Jordan
9. Cos, Paola
9. Dai, Ashley
9. Flores, Danielle
9. Harrow, Jessica
9. Jin, Miya
9. Najera-Salas, Elena
17. Austin, Shayne
17. Gealer, Sarah
17. Jacobs, Samantha
17. Jefferson, Jourdan
17. Lu, Jocelyn
17. Matsuoka, Melissa
17. Maystruk, Julia
17. McIntosh, Morgan
17. Onaga, Hazuki
17. Parravi, Tory
17. Scatliffe, April
17. Shimizu, Riko
17. Snyder, Analese
17. Tang, Dorothy
17. Tran, Desiree
17. White, Megan

1. Hibi, Mayo
2. Smith, Alyssa
3. Kostas, Lindsey
4. Bernard-Feigenbaum, Tess
5. Chiang, Yuki
6. Krems, Sivan
7. McCord, Jana
8. Watrous, Mazy
9. Cecil, Katherine
9. Heitzner, Kendall
9. Jones, Mayci
9. Miclat, Toby
9. Peri, Manon
9. Scott, Kyra
9. Stratman, Lauren
9. Ware, Savannah
17. Benotto Wood, Alyza
17. Chang, Leslie
17. Chau, Vivian
17. Eggleston, Jordan
17. Generette, Kiah
17. Lai, Krystal
17. Makarova, Christina

Since I started reading Coover's 'Public Burning' , city of Whittier is indelibly associated with
Richard Nixon :lol:

too bad I'm 'forbidden' to attend :cuckoo:
what the hell, I'm attending NCTC at Palm Springs anyway.
Is somebody willing to watch and post on the games?
Hibi & Makarova matchup especially, would be :drool:

fantic
Jan 9th, 2010, 04:28 PM
anuary 16-17; January 23-24, 2010
1. Smyth, Lacey
2. Guillermo, Lorraine
3. Xepoleas, Lynda
4. Cornea, Jennifer
5. McNall, Emily
6. Smith, Joanna
7. Johnson, Natalie
8. Parizher, Jessica
9. Blakeley, Julia
9. Brewer, Jordan
9. Cos, Paola
9. Dai, Ashley
9. Flores, Danielle
9. Harrow, Jessica
9. Jin, Miya
9. Najera-Salas, Elena
17. Austin, Shayne
17. Gealer, Sarah
17. Jacobs, Samantha
17. Jefferson, Jourdan
17. Lu, Jocelyn
17. Matsuoka, Melissa
17. Maystruk, Julia
17. McIntosh, Morgan
17. Onaga, Hazuki
17. Parravi, Tory
17. Scatliffe, April
17. Shimizu, Riko
17. Snyder, Analese
17. Tang, Dorothy
17. Tran, Desiree
17. White, Megan

1. Hibi, Mayo
2. Smith, Alyssa
3. Kostas, Lindsey
4. Bernard-Feigenbaum, Tess
5. Chiang, Yuki
6. Krems, Sivan
7. McCord, Jana
8. Watrous, Mazy
9. Cecil, Katherine
9. Heitzner, Kendall
9. Jones, Mayci
9. Miclat, Toby
9. Peri, Manon
9. Scott, Kyra
9. Stratman, Lauren
9. Ware, Savannah
17. Benotto Wood, Alyza
17. Chang, Leslie
17. Chau, Vivian
17. Eggleston, Jordan
17. Generette, Kiah
17. Lai, Krystal
17. Makarova, Christina

too bad I'm 'forbidden' to attend :cuckoo:
what the hell, I'm attending NCTC at Palm Springs anyway.
Is somebody willing to watch and post on the games?
Hibi & Makarova matchup especially, would be :drool:

I would say that in G18 Smyth, Guillermo, Xepoleas are the obvious favorites to win.

In G16, Yuki Chiang (who defeated Makarova decisively at 107th Sectional final last June) won't have much problem winning, I guess, although Smith, Kostas, Hibi, Makarova could pose a problem

fantic
Jan 9th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Seeded Players back to top
1. Rodriguez, Monica
2. Desilva, Krishana
3. Cruz, Jerusha
4. Lee, Marcia

A back to top
Agsalud, Lani- Torrance, CA
Akhmedova, Karina- South Pasadena, CA

B back to top
Bass, Brittany- Fountain Vly, CA

C back to top
Cecil, Katherine- Huntington Beach, CA
Cornea, Jennifer- Anaheim, CA
Cruz, Jerusha(3)- Pasadena, CA

D back to top
Desilva, Krishana(2)- Rosemead, CA

E back to top
Edell, Natalie- Westlake Village, CA

G back to top
Gatewood, Gabrielle- Visalia, CA

H back to top
Haack, Lyndsay- Riverside, CA

J back to top
Jimenez, Luz- Orange, CA

K back to top
Koehly, Nicole- Santa Ana, CA

L back to top
Lee, Marcia(4)- Venice, CA

M back to top
Mai, Tiffany- Westminster, CA
Massi, Amira- Los Angeles, CA

R back to top
Rodriguez, Monica(1)- Long Beach, CA

S back to top
Spencer, Kate- Sherman Oaks, CA

W back to top
Wiesener, Erin- Calabasas, CA

I'm going to watch Edell who is bound to NU & who was impressive at Pomona Summer Circuit (although she lost to Kinstler of USC), but if you gentlemen want info on other players, I'll be glad to provide, although after browsing 2009 NCAA posts I really feel that there is a big level gap between fans, such as 'gurus' like most of the bunch here and a novice like me, who can't even describe the techniques properly :lol:

fantic
Jan 15th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Okay, I have absolutely ZERO info about this tourney, Duke website uploaded men's draw, held at La Quinta Resort and Club, but I don't even know where the women's event is held at...
Stanford sites says Indian Wells, other sites says Palm Springs, and that's about it. :help:
I would appreciate some info, guys..

fantic
Jan 15th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I found it on ITA's website, sure hope it's right..

2010 National Collegiate Tennis M&W Tom Gorman, tel: 760-202-1331 La Quinta Resort & Club
Classic - Jan 15-17, 2010 tgorman@laquintaresort.com

fantic
Jan 15th, 2010, 03:55 PM
okay, the draw is out.
Disappointed that the entry is so...few :sad:

Singles

Schnack - Kinstler/Burdette

Lao/Hickey - Barte

Mosolova/Pantic - Yen/Ramos

Remynse/Hansen - Sanchez

Doubles

Barte/Burdette meets the winner of Hickey/Pantic - Kinstler/Sanchez

Remynse/Schnack meets the winner of Lao/Ramos - Hansen/Yen

men's 1st round will begin soon, and after that, women's 1st round

after 12pm,

Men/s 2nd round, and after that, women's 2nd round (MD & Consolation)

and then, Men's & Women's doubles 1st round

that's for today

P.S. I guess Fansler/Pulido are playing at UNLV, then.

fantic
Jan 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I'll 'naturally' concentrate on Mosolova's match, since she's the sole 'outsider' :lol:

Mosolova;Pantic, Lao/Hickey

Hickey/Pantic vs Kinstler/Sanchez
---
wait..Mosolova vs Ramos possible rematch!! :eek:

if Lao wins, she meets with Barte, an interesting matchup

and Remynse(if she wins )vs Sanchez, another rematch
---
3R

Barte-Schnack possible rematch (from WAATC, Barte won)

if Remynse and Mosolova wins, rematch from NCAA (M won)

tucker1989
Jan 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Want to know whether Tara iyer is still hanging out there in Duke team or has she finished her college.

She graduated in the spring, I believe

fantic
Jan 16th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Mosolova ; Pantic

Pantic did pretty well against M, but M was just more consistent.

Hickey; Lao

I think Hickey won, but am not sure.
Lao's slice is as always awesome, but her defense just couldn't overcome Hickey's offense..
H dictated the game with her accurate power drives..

Yen; Ramos

I didn't know Yen's slice was good and did one hand backhand(pretty good, also).
But Ramos was more powerful, altogether better in this game.

Schnack; Burdette

Burdette won. I think B got better, especially her slice was really good, and her net play(volleys) were also really sound.
Maybe it's a 'Doubles' effect? :lol: Altogether she seemed more confident and consistent..

Mosolova; Ramos

I think R won again :worship: Ramos was the more powerful of the two. M seemed unable to handle Ramos' power drive..(but didn't Mosolova win against Barte last year?) too much UEs.

Remynse; Sanchez

I think Sanchez also improved..she did everything better, I dare say..I didn't watch the SW R semi, but this time it was pretty one-sided..Remynse also got injured during the match (sprained ankle?) but resumed play

Lao/Ramos vs Hansen/Yen

I think USC won, didn't watch the final moment..

Hickey/Pantic vs Kinstler/Sanchez

I think USC won, but am not sure either :help: it was a even match.

2nd_serve
Jan 16th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the report fantic

fantic
Jan 16th, 2010, 02:58 AM
no problem, just don't be surprised if USC doubles actually all lost :lol: (NU uploaded first, I didn't know the score was that one sided against Ramos, she lost 0-6, 1-6. Against Pantic she won 6-2, 3-6, 6-3

fantic
Jan 16th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Mosolova is in my opinion a rallying machine. Not especially powerful and fancy, she just grinds out accurately. She has no problem attacking anywhere, she can attack moon balls either forehand or backhand..
but I think her lack of diverse skills such as drop shots and slices (not that she can't, she doesn't use it much) might pose a problem.
Against an aggressive attacker like Ramos, you might need to slow the pace or do something different.
I think M did neither, and the first to be broken-UE- was not Ramos but Mosolova..(what will she do against, like, Gullickson and Juricova? She couldn't overcome them at NCAA, would she repeat the same course when she meets them later?)..compare with Schnack, who showcased her brilliant drop shots and slices to maximum effect and routing Ramos at SW R..

fantic
Jan 16th, 2010, 08:07 AM
here's the link;

http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/sports/w-tennis/recaps/011510aab.html

Julia Metzger (UO) def. Marrit Boonstra (UF) 1-6, 6-4, 6-4

No WAY! :eek:

(1) Mallory Burdette (STAN) def. Nadia Abdala (ASU) 6-0, 6-3

Katrina Tsang(UNC) def. (3) Valerie Pulido(USC) 3-6, 6-3, 6-3

(8) Carolyn McVeigh (STAN) def. Julia Metzger (UO) 6-4, 6-3

Man, :weirdo:
Isn't there any UNLV student or something who can report? :help:

Caroline Hitimana (UF) def. Carling Seguso (UCLA) 6-1, 6-4 :speakles:

ASU seems still experimenting, teamed Hein with Abdala and McKenna with James.

(1) Sanaz Marand/Sophie Grabinski (UNC) def. Carling Seguso/Pamela Montez (UCLA) 9-8

(4) Marrit Boonstra/Anastasia Revzina (UF) def. Cristala Andrews/Leyla Entekhai (USC) 8-0 :sobbing:

fantic
Jan 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM
NCTC

Eh, I got the result wrong :tape:

Lao won against Hickey, and in turn lost to Barte (now when did THAT happen? :confused:)

fantic
Jan 16th, 2010, 10:12 PM
NCTC 2nd day;

Schnack : Mosolova

BIG match, but the court was pretty far so didn't have an ideal view :bigcry:

So naturally, such is my erudition, dunno who won :help: Their strength were about even, I guess..

Sanchez; Burdette

S won

Barte ; Ramos

Barte was better, more consistent. B won.

USC doubles all lost :bigcry:, so the final would be a much anticipated :drool: UCLA;STAN match.

Who's the best doubles team in the West?

fantic
Jan 17th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Ramos & Lao combination is exciting to watch, they both possess skills, newcomer Lao showed some awesome touches and reflexes..this team could get better :)
But of course Remynse;Schnack is one of the best doubles team in the nation, so :worship:
Still, I augured, or glimpsed hope, as a USC fan :lol:

Ramos/Lao vs Remynse/Schnack, Kinstler/Sanchez vs Burdette/Barte was played alongside(is this term correct? :smash:) and at the further court Mosolova was practicing :lol:

I'm quite thankful for Mosolova to come here, she's the sole non California player, :lol: and a good one at that :D

fantic
Jan 17th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Schnack ; Mosolova

Schnack is not as aggressive as Ramos, so M had a 'relatively' even game than the one against Ramos, methinks.

Of course Schnack used her signature drop shots effectively from time to time, and M just countered with HER signature razor sharp precision shots :) so it was ultimately a game decided by UEs, I guess. The player who made fewer UEs won, and I don't know who won :help:
Of other consolation matches,I think Hickey overpowered Kinstler, and of Pantic & Hansen, dunno

fantic
Jan 17th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I was wrong again, :lol: (Kinstler defeated Hickey? :worship:)

UCLA website;

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/011610aaa.html

fantic
Jan 17th, 2010, 05:35 AM
UNLV;

Julia Metzger (UO) def. Valeria Pulido (USC) 7-6, 6-0

beating Boonstra and then bagelling Pulido? Metzger is the player to watch.
and Tsang seems to do well there, too.

Tennisace
Jan 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I'm surprised that UCLA picked up Hickey. During her time at Georgia Tech she really wasn't that stellar of a player. An okay bottom of the line-up player but not a super talent.

And everyone seems to have Mosolova's number lately.

fantic
Jan 17th, 2010, 08:38 AM
is your expression this?

"have someone's number informal understand a person's real motives or character and thereby gain some advantage.
have someone's number on it informal (of a bomb, bullet, or other missile) destined to find a specified person as its target."

actually Mosolova struggled at NCAA, also. ALL matches she won in individual tourney were 3 setters :lol: , though I cherish the match against Zsilinszka as one of the best matches I've seen last year :worship: (Z was on a ROLL in that tourney and M attacking Z's moon ball relentlessly and accurately was just :hearts: ) She's not especially powerful, just that she keeps the ball in play, so. ;)

fantic
Jan 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
As for Noelle Hickey, last yr's stats (from GT website)
overall 27-14
Dual 16-8
Conf 9-2
---
#2 3-0
#3 7-6
#4 6-2
---

agst nationally ranked players 8-8
played #3 at NCAA and lost to Andersson in straight sets

fantic
Jan 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I didn't know that it was being held at nearby Palm Desert Resort

I went there this morning and saw Santamaria and Gaytan-Leach practicing.

I think I saw Lumpkin (former UCLA) too.

Here is the results(I didn't attend the final 9am games, though, because of NCTC)

Draw

Lumpkin
Bye

Thomas
Leyla Sanders ; Sanders won 6-1, 6-3

Wetmore(UCLA)
Santamaria(USC bound, jr) ; S won 6-1, 6-1 :worship:

Gaytan-Leach
Bye

Marti
Krawczyk ; K won 7-6, 7-5(7-2)

Ferrero
Bursulaya ; F won 2-6, 6-2, 10-7

Boren
Herring(STAN bound, sr) B won 6-0, 6-3

Bye
Perez
-----
Santamaria defeated G-L 6-3, 6-1

Krawczyk defeated Ferrero 6-1, 6-0

Boren bagelled Perez

Today the final 2 players would've been chosen..

fantic
Jan 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Doubles final; STAN won

UCLA started pretty well, S was good as usual and R showed some spectacular offensive and defensive shots, but later they just
crumbled. S's net play wasn't really good at that stage.
Stanford team is not as spectacular as Lady Vols, but they're a pretty solid team. Few errors, and they make the play when needed.

Consolation final Lao/Ramos defeated Hickey/Pantic, it was played simulatneously with the Main Final so couldn't see much action, only caught the last bit.

Yen vs Hickey also had to abandon 'cause of the main doubles final, Hickey was winning, better offense..

fantic
Jan 18th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Barte won against Sanchez, 7-5, 6-2 or something. Barte was of course much quicker, and you all know she's powerful..watching this I naturally thought of last Pac-10 semi, between Barte and Fink.
Sanchez may be offensively better than Fink, but Fink had more steely control, I guess. Fink just doggedly sent the ball to Barte's backhand side, although getting hit winners again and again. And it paid off. (I also think Sanchez isn't particularly a great defender..)
Sanchez 'challenged' Barte's forehand side(if the strategy? was the same as then I guess the execution wasn't that perfect), and Barte responded by hitting sharply, as usual. :)
Now I wonder what will be Sanchez's next strategy against Barte if they meet again :)

fantic
Jan 18th, 2010, 04:33 AM
[QUOTE=Tennisace;17115388

And everyone seems to have Mosolova's number lately.[/QUOTE]

I wish USC will put Ramos at #1 when playing aginst NU :lol:

And don't forget McKenna, after winning it all at WAATC last year, she's been losing quite

often...(today also lost to Revzina)

fantic
Jan 18th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Everybody's saying that Fresno State will go down big :lol:
We can gauge their strength in this tourney, since Cal's lower positions are in veil..also St. Mary's could be interesting. Cal website says that we can watch via video there..:worship:

fantic
Jan 18th, 2010, 03:49 PM
http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/w-tennis/recaps/011710aaa.html

Chan & Dy rolling on..

2nd_serve
Jan 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks Fantic for posting the link

fantic
Jan 18th, 2010, 05:42 PM
don't mention it ;)

fantic
Jan 18th, 2010, 10:49 PM
CAL NIKE INVITE PAGE

http://www.tennisinformation.com/tourny/5/1/9/2/5/5/3/draw-3-mf.asp

fantic
Jan 19th, 2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100021251&event=&order=Position

ENTRY LIST! Julia Cohen of Miam is competing, Glatch, Riske, Couts, South, Granville,
Moulton-Levy, Muhammed, Weinhold, Dolehide, Gibbs, Harkins, Brodsky, Cako,
Christian, Lumpkin, Boserup, Nelson, Hampton, Fink, Stephens, Tsay, Bisharat, Santamaria..

Who shall I concentrate, there's SO MANY!! :drool:

fantic
Jan 20th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Julia Cohen is in the MAIN draw of Rancho Mirage.
She's still in the roster, and I heard that she WILL play in the spring, AND her WTF? ranking is really high, about 205 or something..:eek: .so I'm naturally QUITE curious how she've improved, and if she did get better, and if she comes back, Miami's core lineup is still intact (remember Vallverdu won the Intercollegiate Cons. Singles and Eickhorn defeated Schnack at NCAA and had a good game against Cecil..)..

johnnytennis
Jan 20th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Vallverdu was NCAA singles runnerup losing in the finals. How are players like Cohen allowed to take time off during the NCAA season to play in Pro tournaments? So many things wrong with the how NCAA does things on what's aloud and was isn't!

johnnytennis
Jan 20th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I saw a lot of this tournament online as Michigan has streaming video and audio on all 8 of their indoor courts. There was some good tennis played.

fantic
Jan 20th, 2010, 07:02 AM
WHAT??? You should've told me this earlier :lol: live streaming video!

Any thoughts about interesting players and teams?

fantic
Jan 20th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I'm just thankful that I can see Cohen again after NCAA, selfish me :sobbing:
but yeah, it is weird..
and Vallverdu was just really versatile at NCAA, that's how she defeated Gullickson..

tennisbuddy12
Jan 20th, 2010, 07:30 AM
http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100021251&event=&order=Position

ENTRY LIST! Julia Cohen of Miam is competing, Glatch, Riske, Couts, South, Granville,
Moulton-Levy, Muhammed, Weinhold, Dolehide, Gibbs, Harkins, Brodsky, Cako,
Christian, Lumpkin, Boserup, Nelson, Hampton, Fink, Stephens, Tsay, Bisharat, Santamaria..

Who shall I concentrate, there's SO MANY!! :drool:

Where was a wc tourney? I hear Santamaria won some event beating Lumpkin and got a wc for something but idk what. It was in Palm Springs I believe so could it be Indian Wells!?

fantic
Jan 20th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Yes, actually it was quite near NCTC, eh...Palm Desert Resort or something? Dunno the other one, either Boren or Krawczyk..there wasn't any draw available on the web, I think. I just found out about it by chance and went there to copy the score :lol:

here's the link

http://www.usta.com/USTA/Global/Pro_Tennis/USTA_Pro_Circuit/Information/481476_2010_Womens_Pro_Circuit_Fact_Sheets_Entries _and_Draws.aspx

form
Jan 20th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Extremely interesting that April Bisharat.. right in middle of UCI match schedule and with classes in full swing at Irvine.. is entered at Palm Desert 25K.

With exception of some SC/UCLA girls trying to get wild cards to the WTA Indian Wells tourney, I don't recall ever seeing someone from a local playing a 25K right in the middle of the spring dual match season.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fantic
Jan 20th, 2010, 11:39 PM
It's just an entry list, so who knows. anyway if Cohen can play, Bisharat can play, right? :lol:

but eh...there's already a thread on Rancho Mirage on the other category, OTHER TOURNAMENTS, CHALLENGER TOURNAMENTS. maybe we should post it there?

:confused:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=399949

gouci
Jan 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM
With exception of some SC/UCLA girls trying to get wild cards to the WTA Indian Wells tourney, I don't recall ever seeing someone from a local playing a 25K right in the middle of the spring dual match season.

Maybe you don't recall ever seeing a local playing the Rancho Mirage because:

1. It's very difficult to qualify for the 25K Rancho Mirage. Ex. Blue chippers Krista Hardebeck, Sabrina Santamaria and Sarah Lee didn't qualify but are just alternates.

2. The players from local teams like UCLA, USC, Pepperdine etc. good enough to qualify were probably playing the Team Indoors instead.

3. It's an accomplishment for Bisharat just to be selected a qualifier at the Rancho Mirage! :worship:

A more interesting question is where in the line-up will Klaudia Malenovska and Sarah Cantlay start out playing?

fantic
Jan 21st, 2010, 09:33 PM
http://www.utladyvols.com/sports/w-tennis/stats/2009-2010/uminvite.html

Whoriskey beat Chan. AND Muresan beat Whoriskey. :eek: after sweeping ASU's last yr's 1~4 now this?

Michigan seems to have a solid lineup..

fantic
Jan 21st, 2010, 09:43 PM
http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=90163

Hardebeck is obviously the favorite, but who knows.

Winner gets a MAIN DRAW wild card to the 25,000 ITF USTA EVENT

fantic
Jan 21st, 2010, 09:55 PM
http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/Draws/EventDraw.aspx?T=85908&E=5&D=M&S=F

Smyth vs Guillermo final, I guess, and G is S's nemesis..

G16

Why does Ware meet Hibi so early :lol:

Kostas vs Generette will be interesting

and if Hibi & Chiang advance to the semi, the winner of those 2 will win it all.

too bad Makarova after bagelling the opponent withdrew the next match. McCord withdrew too.

fantic
Jan 22nd, 2010, 04:42 AM
http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=90163

Hardebeck is obviously the favorite, but who knows.

consecutive NCAA finalist Lindsey Nelson entered. :) The match between those two would be interesting..!

johnnytennis
Jan 22nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Michigan played Well. The tournament is setup for the four teams to play one team in singles and another team in doubles each of the three days.

fantic
Jan 22nd, 2010, 07:47 PM
ENTRY LIST is out

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100021301&event=&order=Position

I see Spears, Vandeweghe, others are more or less the same from Rancho Mirage

fantic
Jan 22nd, 2010, 08:07 PM
this is USC's recap of NCTC

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/w-tennis/recaps/011910aaa.html

Hickey did win against Kinstler. UCLA website got it wrong :lol:

fantic
Jan 24th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Draw is out!

1st group is loaded; Nelson(1), Blakely, Guillermo, Koehly, Santamaria(8), Boren, Hance..

2nd group has; Sullivan(4), J. Smith, Tang, Heneghan, G-T(6), Watrous, Spearman, Edell

3rd group; A. Smith, Scandalis(7), Generette, Profit, King(3)

4th group; Jones, Herring(Stanford bound), Hardebeck(5), Lumpkin(2) (Peri has a bye in the 1st round? :scratch:)

fantic
Jan 24th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Draw is out!

1st group is loaded; Nelson, Blakely, Guillermo, Koehly, Santamaria, Boren, Hance..

2nd group has; Sullivan(4), J. Smith, Tang, Heneghan, G-T, Watrous, Spearman, Edell

3rd group; A. Smith, Scandalis(7), Generette, Profit, King(3)

4th group; Jones, Herring(Stanford bound), Hardebeck(5), Lumpkin(2) (Peri has bye in the 1st round? :scratch:)

my elite 8 prediction is;

Nelson, SS, difficult(dunno Sullivan, & Smith, Tang, Heneghan are all good), G-T ?,
Smith(Scandalis?), Generette(King?), Hardebeck, Lumpkin

I predict Nelson vs Hardebeck final

fantic
Jan 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Q (2) Alyssa Smith d. (17) Zoe Katz 6-0; 6-2
Q (9) Manon Peri d. (6) Sivan Krems 1-6; 6-3; 6-3 :speakles:
Q (17) Kiah Generette d. (5) Yuki Chiang 6-3; 6-0 :eek: I knew Generette was dangerous but this is quite an upset
Q (9) Savannah Ware d. (1) Mayo Hibi 7-5; 6-4 :worship: way to go Savannah! back to blue chip! :bounce: :cheer:
Her father, with Tang's father, was SO civilized (unlike some others :rolleyes:) and nice to me, I'm rooting for Ware all the way, even if she goes to UCLA :lol:

SF (2) Lorraine Guillermo d. Alexandra Tallas 6-0; 6-1 I like Tallas's form, a bit one-sided, I guess :hug:
SF (9) Ashley Dai d. (1) Lacey Smyth 7-6(5); 6-3 :eek: Smyth you lost your chance of revenge :lol:

fantic
Jan 25th, 2010, 03:06 AM
G 18 Guillermo won as expected, but Dai put up a helluva fight, it seems.

G 16 Smith won, Generette having withdrawn.

the most surprising player is Peri, who have beaten B-T & Krems and lost in
a 3-setter against Smith. Didn't know my NOT being there would be THAT
'beneficial' to her :haha: too bad I'm going to watch Laguna Niguel wild card, since
it's an WO, not girl's tennis :nerner:

fantic
Jan 28th, 2010, 03:25 AM
I'm afraid I won't be 'reporting' from there anymore, since I was 'kindly' ejected by Mark Spearman.
His abrupt and short answer, when I asked was, 'Players feel uncomfortable' :haha: Like I actually did any disturbing action :tape:
Beware, fans are simply NOT allowed to watch girls tennis, it's THAT exclusive.

gouci
Jan 28th, 2010, 04:34 AM
If you were at the Laguna Niguel Racquet Club maybe you should have looked for Jennifer Lyons who's a pro there and played for Long Beach St. Talk to her about how you watched LBS play at USC recently and how you were impressed with some of the players like Dallara on this year's 49er team. Then Mrs. Lyons may think you're not such a bad guy and put in a good word for you with Mr. Spearman. :lol:

Also make it known to all the junior players you're a big USC fan and if they decide to play tennis at USC you'll come watch most of their home SC matches. :happy:

fantic
Jan 28th, 2010, 05:19 AM
nah, I just give up. Obviously I'm blacklisted :lol: Mr. S was MOST imposing. :bowdown: I'm now scared to go there :scared:
And I didn't know LN was THAT far -_-;;; So good riddance.

fantic
Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:48 AM
Brynn Boren, who is going to be Lady Vols (from tennisrecruiting.net) had a VERY impressive game against Coco Vandeweghe. She could defend AND attack against V, most impressive. A tight 3 setter loss, I believe. She can be a starter for lady Vols right away.
Also Cako won against Montez, didn't see much 'cause had to do 'duty' watching former Trojan Nelson battle Spears :lol:

fantic
Feb 3rd, 2010, 01:42 AM
today's player; Desirae Krawczyk

she and Coco won against the #3 seed. :worship:

K, a local product, proved that her fabulous skills (mainly slice & drop shots) could be

effective at pro-level. She even made the match winning winner :lol:

She might turn pro, but if she goes to college, she should come to USC :drool:

fantic
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:23 AM
today was an autograph day! starting from Litvak, I approached as many players as possible and got loads.

:bounce:

had some silly moments, since I don't know much about pro players;

1. asked someone for an autograph and she said, 'I'm not a player!' :help:

2. asked a player 'are you a player?' :help:

Asked Julia Cohen's mother? about UM but she said she don't know.

Anyway Cohen seemed so forbidding I couldn't dare approach :sobbing:

Cako won against Dolehide, and Couts vs Cohen was a classic offense vs defense, like Mosolova vs Zsilinszka

in the last NCAA. Couts managed to 'pierce' Cohen's moon balls.

And Tsay won against the 3rd seed, Adamczak :eek:

Tsay isn't particularly powerful, but has fluid driving motion and can keep the ball in play.

Also has a nice slice, and tried to approach the net as frequently as possible. Her drives were pretty deep,

too.

Brengle's form looked like Mallory Cecil to me (yeah my reference is always NCAA :lol: )

fantic
Feb 5th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Washington State came by to watch the other day

fantic
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Bisharat, Montez, Hoffpauir played here. Bisharat is also to play quali at Midland, Illinois soon

form
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Bisharat, Montez, Hoffpauir played here. Bisharat is also to play quali at Midland, Illinois soon

Well that exlains why April does not play doubles for UCI. Not there for the team. Appears to be possibly a one year wonder to finally win a league title.

Which is worse, 20 years olds or a one year wonder with no intention of finishing? Just a hypothetical.

gouci
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I don't think April Bisharat wants to make the same mistake Anastasia Dvornikova and Alena Dvornikova of Long Beach St. made by not finishing college and turning pro. :haha:

tennisbuddy12
Feb 7th, 2010, 04:36 AM
April mustve struck a deal to go early, but when she want to, goes to pro events and gets them paid for....She has seen this site as well..btw

gouci
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:38 AM
April Bisharat wins her 1st round qualifying (http://www.dowcorningtennisclassic.com/pages/midctennisclassic/pdfs/DCTC%20QS%2002_08_10.pdf) 6-1,6-3. :woohoo:

Embittered
Feb 8th, 2010, 11:16 AM
April Bisharat wins her 1st round qualifying (http://www.dowcorningtennisclassic.com/pages/midctennisclassic/pdfs/DCTC%20QS%2002_08_10.pdf) 6-1,6-3. :woohoo:
How fickle to celebrate the defeat of one you idolised (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=13685641#post13685641) eighteen months ago.:devil:;)

gouci
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Embittered please be careful or you may be given 2 tickets by the new slander police that seems to be patrolling the board. :scared:

1. For suggesting I ever idolized the opponent.

2. I was only celebrating a victory and not someone else's loss. :angel:

Here's an interesting tidbid for you. Subi Sundaram and Klaudia Malenovska were both born on the same year, both have had WTA rankings and neither has yet to play college tennis. But Sundaram was a freshman at UC Irvine 5 six years ago and Malenovska is a freshman at Long Beach St. today. :eek::eek::eek:

fantic
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:28 PM
it's the CURSE of Laguna Niguel for Trojans.

First, a fan is blacklisted ( me! :lol:)

And then, ALL former and future Trojan players fell at the same day!! :eek:

Diaz, Nelson, Fink, Christian..

Is it coincidence??? Or is my 'fate' 'entwined' with theirs? :tape:

Well good luck to them at doubles, including Santamaria :cheer:

tennisbuddy12
Feb 12th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Embittered please be careful or you may be given 2 tickets by the new slander police that seems to be patrolling the board. :scared:

1. For suggesting I ever idolized the opponent.

2. I was only celebrating a victory and not someone else's loss. :angel:

Here's an interesting tidbid for you. Subi Sundaram and Klaudia Malenovska were both born on the same year, both have had WTA rankings and neither has yet to play college tennis. But Sundaram was a freshman at UC Irvine 6 six years ago and Malenovska is a freshman at Long Beach St. today. :eek::eek::eek:

Subi was born in 1989, so your saying she graduated high school when she was 15? lol

gouci
Feb 12th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Sorry that was my impression from a source. :o
But I did some research and can confirm Subi graduated from High School at age 16 not 15.

fantic
May 18th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Acceptance list (http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100021725&event=&order=Position)

Since Bisharat, current college player is playing,

and former players like Fink, Lumpkin are playing,

and future players like Christian, Ahn, Gibbs, et al are playing,

decide to post HERE :)

I'll concentrate on 'spying' on future 'Trees', Ahn & Gibbs, since I saw Tsay at Rancho Mirage :devil:

fantic
May 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Here's the link (http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=93458)

Notable players;

Fink (former USC), Jones (BYU), Colffer (PEPP)

Boren (TENN bound), Christian (USC bound), Edell (NU bound), Harrow (Brown bound),

Lee, Krawczyk, Smith sisters

fantic
May 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
1st round concluded, no surprise there;

today's match;

Krawczyk
Webb

Jones
A. Smith

Tran
J. Smith

Thomas
Christian

-----

Colffer
Harrow (she bageled the opponent and withdrew, so Colffer advances)

Boren
Oki

Lee
Fink

Delgado
Mukhopadhyay

Bageling was rife..

fantic
May 20th, 2010, 05:03 AM
posted some brief comments on today's Q matches and uploaded some vids and a pic of

a lizard :haha: also some pics on Ojai and NCAA matches..

at my blog

fantic
May 21st, 2010, 07:27 AM
Trojan final! posted the recap today - yes, I skipped NCAA after watching Remynse/Schnack hopelessly trail by 1-4 or something! :o

on my blog, and brief comments on NCAA matches too

gouci
May 23rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Singles qualifying draw (http://www.usta.com/USTA/Global/Pro_Tennis/USTA_Pro_Circuit/Information/~/media/USTA/Document%20Assets/Pro_Circuit/2010/05/WeekofMay24/Carson_Women/qualifying_draw.ashx)

It's too bad the live stats isn't up for the qualifying rounds.

fantic if you want people to check out your blog you should provide a small link on your signature. ;)

tennisbuddy12
May 23rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Singles qualifying draw (http://www.usta.com/USTA/Global/Pro_Tennis/USTA_Pro_Circuit/Information/~/media/USTA/Document%20Assets/Pro_Circuit/2010/05/WeekofMay24/Carson_Women/qualifying_draw.ashx)

It's too bad the live stats isn't up for the qualifying rounds.

fantic if you want people to check out your blog you should provide a small link on your signature. ;)

a la tennisbuddy12 :p

btw Christian beat Fink in the USQWC for SoCal

gouci
May 24th, 2010, 02:12 AM
The 1st round of qualifying results are up with some interesting results.

Our own Amalgamate hasn't been posting lately. :confused:
She's probably been busy playing tournaments. Maybe she played the Carson Challenger? :lol:
If she did I bet she won big today. :worship:

tennisbuddy12
May 24th, 2010, 02:20 AM

She's probably been busy playing tournaments. Maybe she played the Carson Challenger? :lol:

I'm pretty sure she isn't playing. :lol:

Boren beating Christian 1 and 0 :tape:

fantic
May 24th, 2010, 06:17 AM
gouci yeah I should do the tennisbuddy thing ;)

And tennisbuddy how dare you laugh at the result!! You know I'm a Trojan fan!! :lol:

Well it was ALL the winds' fault!! And Boren is REALLY good, it's not a shame to lose.. :)

fantic
May 24th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Didn't watch much of Bisharat's game 'cause I was concentrating on USC and Florida bound players :tape: , but she seemed to do fine.

Wil try to watch more of Bisharat : Boren match.

gouci
May 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Boren beating Christian 1 and 0 :tape:

April Bisharat destroyed her 1st round qualifying 6-0,6-1. :worship:

Then Bisharat defeated Brynn Boren 6-4, 7-6(5). :woohoo:
Boren was on fire almost serving Kaitlyn Christian a double bagel the day before.

Next Bisharat takes on the highest remaining seed in qualifying (http://www.usta.com/USTA/Global/Pro_Tennis/USTA_Pro_Circuit/Information/~/media/USTA/Document%20Assets/Pro_Circuit/2010/05/WeekofMay24/Carson_Women/qualifying_draw.ashx) for a spot in the main draw. :bounce:

fantic
May 28th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I'm daily watching and reporting from my blog, on Carson.

And.

Forget about stopping the notorious Taube streak next season. STAN just might repeat the NCAA win :o

FG, Gibbs is like a power-up version of Christian, and Ahn is just ROCK solid, and powerful as hell :o

fantic
May 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM

yeah it's kinda disturbing :lol: No congratulatory comment from her after Stanford's

dramatic win?? Is she really at Carson? :lol: Hope she's well :)

fantic
Jul 14th, 2010, 07:15 PM
link (http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=93659)

mostly college and college-bound players.

AND Christian and Tan are playing mixed doubles.

fantic
Jul 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Gibbs vs Capra

Watching this match itself was worth the trip :drool:

Saw Capra play for the first time (Capra? The Legendary filmmaker Frank??? :rolls: )
Capra is a smart player. Can utilize moon balls when in pinch, can effectively use angles to create an open court. Seems there is a 'Capra Zone', angled near net-side of the ad court. She nails a sharp back-hand to that spot, and when the opponent returns a weak & short ball, attack it with volley. Pretty effective. Serve
was good too, producing aces from time to time.
She also had a habit of conversing with the wall :lol: and sure had temper too.
Poor racket, it was bruised many times :haha:

Gibbs was consistent, in that she sent the ball deep, whenever in offense or defense, not giving Capra easy chances for a putaway. Moreover I was MUCH impressed with her ROS. I dunno whether she read Capra's serve particularly, or she reads opponents' serve well generally, but she was pretty effective. Her aggressive ROS created many favorable chances. She was often waiting way inside the baseline when countering Capra's 2nd serve (of course if Capra managed to return HER ROS, she scuttled back :lol: )

Anyway, an highly entertaining game.

fantic
Jul 26th, 2010, 03:36 AM
USO qualifying tournament is held at the same university, but not the same venue (Taube), as BW. They didn't know yet when I asked today.

But, free :) Hope Megan gets to play against Niu or Kahan, whom I never saw and is going to college :)

I'm also uploading photos on my facebook, it's much easy to load multiple photos. Videos am too exhausted to upload

separately, each ones are less than 1 minutes long and without merging those (dunno how), pretty time-consuming

job.