PDA

View Full Version : Is Myriam Casanova going to get a wildcard into maindraw?

King Aaron
Sep 24th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Is Myri Casanova going to get one? It seems likely because she's Swiss and has had very good results this year

Beat
Sep 24th, 2002, 03:37 PM
it would be really strange if she didn't get one. but you never know with octagon. being swiss was never a guarantee to get a WC (see gagliardi and vavrinec).

ColinB
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Anna K is to get the Gold Exempt WC - but who knows about the other 2 - Mikaelian and Casanova should get them - but maybe Schett - she has gotten one here before...

King Aaron
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:56 AM
I do hope Myriam gets one. Playing in qualies isn't all that bad too.

pan
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:24 AM
i'm sure she will get one!

hugetennisfan
Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:27 AM
I hope Myriam gets one as well, but in all fairness Patty Schnyder should get one before either Myriam or Marie Gaiane Mikaelian.

If Myriam plays qualies, hopefully she'll get a good draw. :)

I wonder if Daniela Casanova will get a qualifying WC, or maybe she is not ranked high enough for that even. Does anyone know if she is still playing tournaments? I haven't seen her name for a long time. :(

schnyder lover
Oct 4th, 2002, 07:24 AM
it would be wrong for patty not to get, although she make the main draw anyway. she is ranked high enough to get straight in. dates have killed patty this year - she would have been straight in fidle amd here and would have got a gold exempt if not for the timing of the decisions - really annoying. myriam and mikaelian have to get them too. although one has to be the gold exempt! anna might not play though

The Vampiress
Oct 4th, 2002, 07:37 AM
It would be silly not to let Patty in to the Main Draw. Patty is my ultimate favourite and I have her autograph unanimous times over. I think she will be a certinty. Marie and Emmanuelle should get wildcards, and maybe Miroslava if she is well again, she might use her injury protected ranking. Daniela Casanova is worth a shot, but might be hard and Romina Oprandi should also try to qualify, I don't mind if one or 2 swiss get in.

It's just with these Neutral Countries :fiery: they will pick who they choose instead of their countrys players :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Dado
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Wildcards official to Mikaelian, M. Casanova and Anna Kournikova.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:15 PM
MGM has major points to defend here
she made QF last yr
so she's stuck in qualies :eek:

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Does anyone know about qualifying wildcards? I hope some of the junior hopefuls Tina, Timea, Romina, or Serena gets them.

King Aaron
Oct 8th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Eggy, didn't Dado said a wildcard has been given to Marie?

:) Glad Myriam got one

Doris Loeffel
Oct 8th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Wildcards went to Myriam and MGM!!
but Anna withdrew due to her injury!!

Allleeezzz Myriam
Allleeezzz MGM!!