7. Myskina, Anastasia
8. Farina Elia, Silvia

#1-#4 get byes

next in:

Dementieva, Elena
Maleeva, Magdalena

tennisIlove09
Sep 24th, 2002, 12:33 AM
I sort of hope Lindsay DOESN'T Play. I so want a Venus/Mauresmo rematch, and a Dokic/Capriati semi...and a Cap/Vee final. It's been a year everyone...a year since Jen/Venus played.

King Aaron
Sep 24th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Well, I just hope Jelena doesn't get Venus

AjdeNate!
Sep 24th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Go Momo & Win the title!!!!

Bezz
Sep 24th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Martina misses another 1st round bye :-(. she has to improve her ranking by the end of the summer so she gets a good draw at the Aussie open.

mauresmofan
Sep 24th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Jelena Dokic does NOT deserve to be in the top 4 seeds. She just plays more tournaments than the top 50 combined. Lindsay deserves her place in the top 4 as does my Amélie. If Amélie does not get a top 4 spot I hope she draws Jelena in the quarters - at least that would be some justice.

CellJr300
Sep 24th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Jelena does deserve to be in the top 5, they only count her best 17 tournaments, the same as with everybody else. Her best 17 are better than those behind her.

vertiklychalengd
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:57 AM
last year jelena had the easiest draw for a tier 1 tournament, now if she wins the tournie by beating JCap and VWIlliams, then she really deserved it. last year, i forgot, it was either a weak draw or top players lost early.....

mauresmofan
Sep 25th, 2002, 04:36 PM
You CANNOT say on this years results that Jelena Dokic is playing as well as Mauresmo who is behind her in the rankings. The ONLY reason she is ranked so high is that because she plays so many tournaments that when she plays a bad one it doesn't matter. If she DID DESERVE to be in the top 5 then she would have reached consistantly the quarters of each Grand Slam she played in. It's the same game Hingis played to be number 1 for so long although she at least was making it far CONSISTANTLY in the Grand Slams.

disposablehero
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Mauresmofan, the reason she is ranked ahead right now is because last fall she chose to play some high-tier events with weak fields, and Mauresmo didn't. If Mauresmo DID DESERVE to be in the top 5, then she would have worked for it.

schnyder lover
Sep 26th, 2002, 06:50 AM
i have to agree with disposablehero here. mauresmo does not play as many tournaments so see can peak for those she considers important. although i do not like dokic, i repsect the fact that she plays so much so she can keep her ranking up high, it is not as though it is really easy to play every week, and obviously it means when you have a game like dokic you will be up and down. mauresmo has played the better tennis in big tournaments, but that is obviously the way she feels she can reach her peak. u should not criticise players for being committed to the tour all year.

Buitenzorg
Sep 26th, 2002, 07:06 AM
OMG...I think Jelena DOKIC is the Only one who play the WTA Tour / events every week...??? ....