PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson. Has he lost the plot?

Jay
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:07 PM
A HITCH for Mel Gibson, who is gearing up to direct himself as (none other than) Jesus Christ in a movie called The Passion.

Displaying all the signs of commercial insanity, Gibson has decided that he wants the film to be in Latin and Aramaic, the ancient semitic language. Oh, and no subtitles.

However, the devout Roman Catholic star doesn't foresee a problem. "Hopefully, I'll be able to transcend language barriers with filmic storytelling," he says, adding that distributors are less enthusiastic. "No one wants to touch something in two dead languages." :confused:

King Satan
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:09 PM
He needs to get off the crack

Helen Lawson
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:32 PM
Unless he intends to appear in the movie totally nude and/or have some other top celebrities nude, the movie will flop.

But I would star in it. Maybe I could be Queen of Sheeba or something?

billybizar
Sep 25th, 2002, 11:48 AM
It was already difficult enough for Scorsese to convey his English- spoken vision to the public with "The Last temptation Of Christ" and now reactionary Mel, who by no means is as talented as Scorsese, thinks he can make a picture in Latin, a dead language 99,999999 % of the whole world population cannot understand a single word of it??

Shouldn't Mel better let talk his guns?

disposablehero
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Aramaic?

"Bless This O Lord, thy Holy Hand Grenade, that with it thou might blowest thine enemy to tiny bits...in thy mercy"

Beat
Sep 25th, 2002, 07:03 PM
patriot ("the patriot"). soldier ("we were soldiers"). priest ("signs"). jesus.
do we see a pattern here? :rolleyes: