letshavefun3
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Daniel Nester - Male Player of the Year/Male Doubles Player of the Year
Aleksandra Wozniak- Female Player of the Year/Female Singles Player of the Year
Frank Dancevic - Male Singles Player of the Year
Vasek Pospisil - Most Improved Male Player of the Year
Marie-Eve Pelleter- Female Doubles Player of the Year
Sharon Fichman - Most Improved Female Player of the Year

http://www.tenniscanada.ca/tennis_canada/Pub/DisplayNewsStory.aspx?enc=7TT10l+gtcu0U+RSghuIq9NA QVLkVdlnTG6jst+8d12kmwsMBUclsOmHH9U7jfZR5440FKYhfv ImSvpt5e7jmA==

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Hum, I'm surprised Sharon got it in front of Val, Becca or even Heidi. I guess it's a good thing that they had different possibilities this year, but Sharon probably would have been my last choice out of the four!

Cakeisgood
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Nobody else cares, but I do! :)

Craig.
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Go Canucks!

It's Nestor and Pelletier, by the way.

Dave.
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Go Canucks!

It's Nestor and Pelletier, by the way.

Now who's a doubles fanboy? :hearts:

Uranus
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Valérie Tétreault is the most improved player of the year, IMO. She came back in an impressive and surprising way, this year. Won 2 50k's and made another final at this level.
Sharon Fichman comes second with her series of upsets to make that 100k final.

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 30th, 2009, 11:15 PM
It's only 1 final though. Outside of that clay tourney, it was average. I agree Val should have won that award.

Valérie won two 50Ks, won a 25k, made the final of another 50K, qualified for Us Open and lost in three sets. Won a round in Qc City.

Craig.
Dec 1st, 2009, 01:08 AM
Now who's a doubles fanboy? :hearts:

:spit:

Spelling errors (of proper nouns, no less :tape:) piss me off, okay? :lol:

BOEING 717
Dec 1st, 2009, 05:31 AM
I agree it has to be Val for the womens MOST IMPROVED. She came flying up the rankings and was darn solid doing it. Val went from 414 to the 136 she is now. Sharon also moved up very well from 301 to the 124 she is at. I just tought that Val had a much better season. They both won about the same $$$. Within 2k apart.

Wozzy4life
Dec 2nd, 2009, 05:56 AM
People seem to forget that Sharon won 2 25K, (Lutz and Osprey). She also made the final in Boca Raton and the semis in Vancouver and Toronto. She also qualified 3 times on the tour ( Estoril, Budapest and Bad Gastein ).
She had a great year in doubles with a Final in Estoril :hearts: (with Marosi) and two semis. ( In Budapest with Marosi and Bad Gastein with Borwell )

To me, she won the award because she also had some great doubles results.