PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Allez Aravane cheering thread!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bероника
Nov 30th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I know I'm a little in advance but we already know the first tournaments she'll play next season so I thought the new season thread could be opened already ;)

According to entry lists on tournaments thread,Aravane will play Auckland and Sydney.

Here's hoping for an even better season than 2009 where Aravane can confirm what she already showed in Bali.

Allez Aravane en 2010!!! :bounce:

Kipling
Nov 30th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Wow--you're on the ball, Veronica. :)

Yes, I too hope 2010 brings only the best for Aravane. I think she has the chance to make it a very good year, for a couple of reasons. First, Aravane is working with a new coach, and that can always be beneficial. More importantly, she knows that she can play with anyone (and win), having beaten a field of tournament winners for her second title. There's no substitute for the confidence that comes from winning. If she believes in herself, I think she can reach the top ten next year.

Stevecw
Dec 11th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Before we reach the real stuff..try help Aravane win this vote:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=396539&page=13

She is so popular to have got to semi final in most popular French player...ahead of Cornet, Pierce etc :)

Needs our votes to get to final :)

améliemomo
Dec 12th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I m the starter of this thread and she reached the finale,she ll play amélie there.

I like aravane and think she can improve even more and be a real strengh for french tennis, like amélie has been for so many years.
Wish her the best:yeah:

Bероника
Dec 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I would love to see her representing France on Fed Cup.Do you think this day will come? Hopefully in 2010 :D

Also I was thinking of creating an off-topic thread for Aravane fans.I would like to know if some other people is interested in it because I don't want to end up speaking to myself :lol: so just let me know ;)

Kipling
Dec 31st, 2009, 07:32 PM
Awww, I know Aravane must have more fans than that! Where is everybody?!

Auckland is next week. Allez, Aravane! Take your first title of 2010!!!!

améliemomo
Jan 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM
Happy new year to aravane and all of you here:wavey:

wish aravane good luck in auckland,she had some great run there she can reproduce.

Hopefully she ll have a good draw,not in the same quarter of alize:o

Paris75
Jan 1st, 2010, 02:15 PM
Happy New Year to you guys!

I'm very excited about this new season, and I wonder how Aravane will now deal with her new status! It's crucial she begins the year as well as possible for her confidence.

Usually she does well at Aukland. Let's hope for a good start of the Year! :D

Stevecw
Jan 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Happy New Year to all :)

Auckland next week, hopefully is the 1st of many successful tournaments in 2010 for her! :clap2:

Kipling
Jan 2nd, 2010, 02:00 AM
Aravane's the seventh seed with Wickmayer's entry. Coin, then possibly Cibulkova, then Pennetta en route to the SF. Allez, Aravane! Believe in yourself--you can do it!

:inlove: :hearts:

Bероника
Jan 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Happy New Year everyone :D

and good luck to Aravane in NZ!!! Allez!!!!!

Iceland
Jan 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
Tough draw :/ Julie shouldn't be that much of a problem except for her strong serve. But the second round will really be hard, Cibulkova and Dulgheru are two quick players very at ease on defense. Flavia isn't a present either.
Courage!

Alizé Molik
Jan 3rd, 2010, 12:35 AM
If she plays her Bali game then she'll be hard to stop, but this is a much slower surface so it'll be easier for quick players to defend.

apctennis
Jan 3rd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Aravane played fantastic last year at Auckland and was a massive crowd favourite - she was funny and cool. It began a great year for her. All her matches this year will be live at www.planetstream.tv - the official stream. These guys have done this event the last 4 years and quality is always good.

Escape
Jan 3rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Happy New Year to everyone :D

Hopefully Aravane can have a good start to the year in Auckland :)

Kipling
Jan 4th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Aravane! She beat Coin and is in R2! Allez!

MsPaula
Jan 4th, 2010, 05:38 PM
:bounce:Aravane! She beat Coin and is in R2! Allez!

Allez Aravane! Keep up the good work!

Bероника
Jan 4th, 2010, 10:54 PM
yeah,that's a good result to start :D

Kipling
Jan 5th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Aravane third up on center court against Cibulkova. Tough match, but I know Aravane can do it! Allez!

Stevecw
Jan 5th, 2010, 02:15 PM
That was a great win v Coin. Good to see she is carrying her end of 09 form into this year it seems :yeah:

Ok Domi next! Well 2 of my faves playing each other...so hope both play really well and may the best girl win :)

Kipling
Jan 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I hate it when that happens. I felt so bad for Marion in the Bali final but at the same time was ecstatic for Aravane.

Man, I'm getting so nervous and there's still probably 12 hours to go. This is a good test for Aravane to see where she is at vis-a-vis the better players. She should have the crowd on her side as they love her in NZ. I just hope that she can serve a bit better. If so I really think she has a chance to win this tournament.

Stevecw
Jan 5th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah its annoying alright. But at least the one good thing is that one of my favourites is guaranteed to be in next round ;)

I'd also give Aravane a big chance of winning later. Domi was injured a lot over the last few months, and I wouldn't say she could be anywhere near her best yet. Had an easy 1st round, so couldn't tell much from that.

If I was betting, I would go for Aravane to win it in 3 :)

Kipling
Jan 5th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah its annoying alright. But at least the one good thing is that one of my favourites is guaranteed to be in next round ;)

I'd also give Aravane a big chance of winning later. Domi was injured a lot over the last few months, and I wouldn't say she could be anywhere near her best yet. Had an easy 1st round, so couldn't tell much from that.

If I was betting, I would go for Aravane to win it in 3 :)

Actually, it looks like you've got several from your sig who are having a pretty good week! :)

I like Domi. I saw her play the past two years at both Miami and Amelia Island/Ponte Vedra. I got some nice video and photos of her there. The fans love her. I think it's because she is so tiny and they can identify with her, having to play against the giants. BUT, in a battle with Aravane, I have to go with my main girl. :lol::lol:

Bероника
Jan 5th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I also like Domi,but I'm a bigger Aravane fan.

Anybody was able to see her match vs Coin or we go only by the score?

Match vs Domi will be interesting.I would go with Aravane too in that one.When do they play?

Kipling
Jan 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I missed the match vs. Coin because it was in the middle of the night here. Today she plays the third match from 11AM local time, so I am guessing about 3.5-4 hours after that before Aravane and Domi start.

Kipling
Jan 9th, 2010, 03:40 AM
For Sydney Aravane has a qualifier in R1, then possibly Jankovic in R2. C'mon, Aravane! Allez!

Kipling
Jan 9th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Fourth match Sunday: Dellacqua/Rezai vs Raymond/Stubbs.

Bероника
Jan 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the news.I'd love her to beat Jankovic,that would be something! But qualifier first,it's a strong draw even on qualies so no match will be easy.Allez Aravane!!! :D

Stevecw
Jan 9th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Good quality players in qualifier round in Sydney, so will probably be a tough 1st round.
Would love to see her knock JJ out in 2nd round :yeah:

JeLeNaJfAn
Jan 10th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Aravane and her partner Casye Dellacqua def. the 150 year old combination of Raymond & Stubbs
7-5 4-6 10-6
:-)

Kipling
Jan 10th, 2010, 07:30 PM
They don't look a day over 100.

Congrats to Aravane and Casey.

Aravane's 2nd on court 8 against Anna-Lena Groenefeld. Allez Aravane!

Bероника
Jan 10th, 2010, 08:27 PM
good victory in doubles :clap2:

Kipling
Jan 11th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Aravane over ALG! She really had this match in the bag the whole time but some lapses in set one let ALG almost steal it away. After the 1st set collapse, from 0-2 down in set 2 she won 9 straight games and 12 of the last 14 to destroy her! On to R2. Take out Szavai next!

:hearts::inlove:

Iceland
Jan 11th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Two good wins in singles and doubles. Good to have some Premium points under her belt so early in the season!
Now against Agi, like both but it would be cool if Aravane takes it all. She needs more match practice before the Australian Open, there are plenty of things to be improved.
Allez!

Kipling
Jan 11th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Aravane's first on against Szavai on Tuesday! Allez, Aravane! I know you can do it!

Kipling
Jan 12th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Yay! Aravane 6-3, 7-6(5)! Came from behind in the tiebreak! Awesome fighting! Keep going, Aravane! You can do it! I believe in you! :inlove:

Kipling
Jan 12th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Aravane is guaranteed of at least 2005 points now after today's win, which should get her up to about 23 or so in the rankings next week, a new CHR. Congrats, Aravane!

Bероника
Jan 12th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Very happy with Aravane's Sydney so far :D First QF of the year.Allez! :kiss:

Kipling
Jan 12th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Aravane v. Flavia is third match on Wednesday, after two ATP matches.

Good luck, Aravane! You can do it! Allez!

Kipling
Jan 13th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Congratulations, Aravane! A semifinalist in SYDNEY, of all places! Wonderful week for her! This is great! I'm soooooo happy! And now I'll get to see her on TV! Bring your best, Aravane! I believe!!!!

shar1982
Jan 13th, 2010, 05:06 AM
What What?!!! Super great!!! Congrats with the victory!!

Iceland
Jan 13th, 2010, 05:18 AM
OMG Aravane :speakles:
Amazing win, I would have never thought it would be that easy. Congrats!

Alizé Molik
Jan 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
i can't wait to see her match! I think everyone on the tour should be worried about Aravane in the draw!

améliemomo
Jan 13th, 2010, 11:58 AM
OMG Aravane :speakles:
Amazing win, I would have never thought it would be that easy. Congrats!

yes what an impressive score against one of the most improved and in form player since 2009
Aravane you rock,so happy for her:D:D

good luck in semi finale!

Joey Zaza
Jan 13th, 2010, 03:08 PM
No comments from Aravane? Strange if she didn't do a press conf after this big result.

Joey Zaza
Jan 13th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Anything from her in the French press?

Bероника
Jan 13th, 2010, 09:01 PM
omg Aravane :bounce: Such a great result!!! I need to watch this match.Anybody has it?

Kipling
Jan 13th, 2010, 09:35 PM
omg Aravane :bounce: Such a great result!!! I need to watch this match.Anybody has it?

I don't think it was televised as it wasn't on the center court. But the SF will be. I will record it and upload if anybody wants to see that one.

Allez, Aravane! Beat the pants off of Serena!!!!!

Alizé Molik
Jan 14th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I don't think it was televised as it wasn't on the center court. But the SF will be. I will record it and upload if anybody wants to see that one.

Allez, Aravane! Beat the pants off of Serena!!!!!

it wasn't but today it will be :D

Alex72
Jan 14th, 2010, 05:24 AM
She looks great, very trim, has lost weight, nice outfit. She has beauty AND game. Here is hoping for a big rise up the rankings this year. :)

améliemomo
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
amazing match against serena!it was sooooo close!!!:sad:

great play,great fighting spirit,attitude. Good luck in AO Aravane!:bounce:

Kipling
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, well, Aravane knows she can beat Williams now. She totally outplayed her. Hit harder from the ground and pushed Serena around. If Serena didn't have a dozen aces she would have been double bageled. She's very lucky Aravane fell apart in the second set. Aravane got to 6-3 5-2 without dropping serve and having broken 3 times--she was flawless until she had to serve for it. Understandable that she got nervous.

People saying "tank" are idiots. Why on Earth would someone who was on court a grand total of 7 minutes in two matches this week tank before a slam? Williams ultimately won the match so she obviously wasn't tanking. Williams fans are the biggest excuse makers on the planet.

I'm bitterly disappointed that Aravane didn't put her away, but at least this match shows that she is champion material. In her post match, Aravane said this:

"For me, she was not too impressive," Rezai said. "Of course she's a good player, of course I respect her. But I could have won today. I wasn't impressed.

"Probably it was more difficult for her to play against me. I know she's a fighter but I am also a fighter.

"Today I lost. Probably next time I will win."

I love her attitude. You came so close, Aravane. All the best for AO and 2010!

Alizé Molik
Jan 14th, 2010, 12:14 PM
this translation is SO BAD it's not even word for word, it's like the general gist and then totally twisted!

«J'ai eu de la chance de m'en sortir, a commenté la lauréate. Le mental est vraiment l'une de mes forces. je me disais qu'il fallait que je poursuive ma préparation (avant l'Open d'Australie), et j'aurais détesté m'arrêter aujourd'hui.» De son côté, Rezaï a reconnu avoir «été victime de la peur de gagner. Mais je réalise que j'ai le jeu pour gagner donc j'ai appris aujourd'hui. C'est une battante, elle a un mental très fort. Je n'étais pas impressionnée mais je savais qu'elle se bagarrerait. C'est son jeu.»

totally different!

Kipling
Jan 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Matches like these will actually help her. All players lose matches they should have won, and learning from them is the only way to get better. No one should doubt her ability after this. It really reminded me of Maria knocking Williams on her heels at Wimbledon. It's just a pity that she couldn't close it out, but credit her for coming back twice in set 3. She should be quite dangerous at the AO.

Lachy
Jan 14th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, well, Aravane knows she can beat Williams now. She totally outplayed her. Hit harder from the ground and pushed Serena around. If Serena didn't have a dozen aces she would have been double bageled. She's very lucky Aravane fell apart in the second set. Aravane got to 6-3 5-2 without dropping serve and having broken 3 times--she was flawless until she had to serve for it. Understandable that she got nervous.

People saying "tank" are idiots. Why on Earth would someone who was on court a grand total of 7 minutes in two matches this week tank before a slam? Williams ultimately won the match so she obviously wasn't tanking. Williams fans are the biggest excuse makers on the planet.

I'm bitterly disappointed that Aravane didn't put her away, but at least this match shows that she is champion material. In her post match, Aravane said this:

"For me, she was not too impressive," Rezai said. "Of course she's a good player, of course I respect her. But I could have won today. I wasn't impressed.

"Probably it was more difficult for her to play against me. I know she's a fighter but I am also a fighter.

"Today I lost. Probably next time I will win."

I love her attitude. You came so close, Aravane. All the best for AO and 2010!

I agree with this :D

améliemomo
Jan 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM
serena fans are just :tape:, aravane was just better than serena,she reached such a good level of play.
She must learn ho to control her emotions better and close it out next time she ll meet such top players.

So what will be her ranking after this semi finale?

Kipling
Jan 14th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I know. The arrogance really amazes me. Well, it doesn't amaze me anymore....

I think anyone who saw the match could see what happened. Aravane will learn and will not be so nervous the next time she is in this situation. That's what experience is.

I'm very proud of her.

I think she will be ranked around 22 or 23 next week, but I am not positive. She's only defending a 1R loss at the AO, so she should make substantial points there, too. I think it's likely she will be inside the top 20 after AO.

améliemomo
Jan 14th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Woow great to hear,thanks!;)

Beakling
Jan 14th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Great effort/attitude from Aravane - so many players are beat before they hit the first ball against Serena. It's refreshing to see someone upset they didn't close it out instead of being happy just to have given her a good match. Next time, get the W!

Kipling
Jan 14th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry--I have to vent. This garbage in GM is insane. Why do people feel compelled to discredit an opponent? Aravane has beaten Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova and Dinara Safina when she was ranked #1, and came within 2 points of not only beating Serena Williams, but slaughtering her. Why doesn't anyone want to admit that this girl has talent?

Bероника
Jan 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM
GM makes me sick,that's why I don't go there often.

Anyway,I only learned now the result as we've had very strong ,violent winds here and I had no internet connection because of it until now.Despite the defeat I feel very proud of Aravane,getting this close to defeat the number 1.We'll get her next time,don't worry :kiss: ;) Great tournament and good progression from Aravane,she can go to Melbourne happy.Let's hope for a good draw there.

Beakling
Jan 14th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Does Serena ever give her opponent credit for a win (unless it's Venus)? Doubtful. And I think this match freaked her out just like the USO v. Clijsters... Thus she resorts to her usual arrogance. Should be an interesting AO!

Kipling
Jan 14th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Does Serena ever give her opponent credit for a win (unless it's Venus)? Doubtful. And I think this match freaked her out just like the USO v. Clijsters... Thus she resorts to her usual arrogance. Should be an interesting AO!

Well, I agree with that 100% but in this instance I was talking more about her fans. I made a post congratulating Aravane for a great match and one in defense of her misinterpreted comment and got attacked for it. The usual blather--you know, they never actually respond to a point--they go off on tangents about her record and how when she is getting beaten she is invariably not trying and how after she got sick of Aravane's fist pumps she decided to "teach her a lesson" after letting herself get down 6-3 5-2 and that Aravane couldn't punch her way out of a bag if Serena "really cared" about the match. Does any of that seem like a rational train of thought to anyone here? Davenport was commentating for Tennis Channel and said, bluntly, that she had never seen anyone push Serena around the court and knock her back on her heels that way--not Sharapova, not Venus, no one. Which IMO for a player of Davenport's caliber to say, says a lot.

It bothers me that such people as this tend to think the world and the people in it are in stasis, never changing, never evolving. Like Aravane is always supposed to carry around the reputation of being a ball-basher even though her game is much more mature these days (and, in fact, most of the long rallies in this match she won) Maybe it is a good sign that Aravane is getting so many haters. I think implicitly--whether they will admit it or not--people are beginning to fear her name popping up in a draw. Well, let them hate, I guess.

Beakling
Jan 14th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I know you meant the fans - pardon my tangent on Serena (I'd just seen a clip of her post-match interview - aargh). But you're right - her fans' irrationality is a sign that Aravane just stirred up some serious fear. She's got game - I'm a new fan. Plus she made a bold fashion statement (for better or worse, lol). ;)

Kipling
Jan 15th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Rezai v. Mirza in R1 of the AO. Will all the tennis balls be flat at the end of this one?

Allez, Aravane! I like both, but I really want Aravane to do well here. Tough road with potential Sveta in R3 and Clijsters R4 and maybe a tough qualifier in R2. Brutal section of the draw, but I know Aravane will give her best!!

Bероника
Jan 15th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Oh please I can't dislike more this draw,all my players together in that part (Aravane,Sania,Pavly,Sveta,Nadia) :sobbing: :( It's going to be difficult for me

Bероника
Jan 15th, 2010, 08:03 PM
But I think Aravane will prevail against Sania,she's playing a lot better at the moment.Allez!!

Kipling
Jan 15th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Oh please I can't dislike more this draw,all my players together in that part (Aravane,Sania,Pavly,Sveta,Nadia) :sobbing: :( It's going to be difficult for me

Yes, it's going to be really tough on you. :hug:

I don't know what to expect, though. Sania's wrist is supposed to be bothering her again. I think Aravane should win, but anything can happen.

Iceland
Jan 17th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Best of luck for Melbourne, Aravane!

I haven't watched the better part of her match against Serena but I did enjoy her attitude, this willingness of never giving up. It must have been pretty awkward to play someone who has her mind into the match 50% of the time. I thought she did the right things but failed at making this little something which is the mark of champions. But this is how she will learn. The more she plays top players, the more experienced she will be. She will learn fast about how to beat them regularly. Only this serve to the right side is her major hindrance.

Sania is a tricky player with lots of qualities. But from what I've seen against Molik, she still is terribly inconsistent. Shame those two play each other so early.

Allez Aravane :bounce:

améliemomo
Jan 17th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I dont like aravane draw cause there are players I like too but wich aravane the best there

good luck girl!:bounce::kiss:

ps: just saw she ll pai up with sabine lisicki!great pair:D

Kipling
Jan 17th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Allez Aravane! You can do it!

Kipling
Jan 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Disappointed Aravane didn't play today, but it looks like she's first on court on Tuesday so hopefully it will be an earlier night for me, lol.

Allez!

Escape
Jan 18th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Good luck Aravane :)

I hope she has a good Australian Open :bounce:

Stevecw
Jan 18th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Best of luck later Aravane! Won't be easy, but should have enough to beat Sania :bounce:

Kipling
Jan 19th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Allez!!!! Aravane is into R2 with a fine win over Sania Mirza! She played well, firmly in control but of what was a tighter match than the score would indicate. Aravane held serve all but once, and fought bravely despite facing a few critical break points. Both players were hitting fiercely, as expected. Tough for me to gloat in this as I like Sania as well, but Aravane did deserve the victory. On to R2!

:inlove:

Kipling
Jan 19th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Also, with Virginie Razzano's loss today, Aravane will now be the French No 2 I think!!! You all need to get her on the Fed Cup team pronto!

Iceland
Jan 19th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Solid stuff! :yeah:
Aravane wanted to show Sania she was hitting the hardest :lol: She didn't really try to construct points, just finding the winner as early as possible. That was enough! Road looks safe till the third round! Allez Aravane!

Alex72
Jan 19th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Yes she does look great out there, Allez!

Kipling
Jan 19th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Aravane's on another TV court on Wednesday--third match on show court 3 against Kerber. I don't know much about Kerber's game, but she is playing her 5th match in 6 days and her R1 stats indicate that she is not a power player or big server. Hopefully Aravane will play well and win this comfortably. This tournament is a big opportunity for her to showcase her skills.

Allez, Aravane!

Stevecw
Jan 19th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Great solid win. Next round should be another win too. Seems to be playing well :)

améliemomo
Jan 19th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I love sania too, its a shame oth had to meet in first round ut glad aravane did the job today.
About fed cup, she was asked about that after her win today and she laughed,saying it would be the first time she ll play fed cup, she s just waiting for the captain to selectionate her
she also said that she s taking match after match, every match is important and doesnt want to look too further

good luck aravane!do your best!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 19th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Allez!!! :hearts:

Lord knows I love Sania, but Aravane is such a fighter these days, I love it. I knew she would win. :D

Take out Kerber now! :armed:

Bероника
Jan 19th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Happy for Aravane but sad for Sania.Good luck for second round match :D

I also hope she's in Fed Cup team.When will be teams announced?

Bероника
Jan 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Oh Aravane,what the hell happened? :sad:

Stevecw
Jan 20th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Oh no, that wasa horrible result :sobbing:

Sounds like she played crap :(

Escape
Jan 20th, 2010, 01:45 PM
What a bad loss :o and she played so well in Sydney as well :(

Not a good day for my faves :help:

améliemomo
Jan 20th, 2010, 02:31 PM
omg aravane:tape::help::sad:

just watched the match ball and yes seemed very crappy araane today

Stevecw
Jan 21st, 2010, 08:44 PM
And she lost in doubles too with Lisicki
Czink/Grandin won easily 6-3, 6-2 :(

Bероника
Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
Aravane is going to play an exhibition match at Tarbes with Virginie Razzano next saturady according to this article:

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2010/01/23/761389-Razzano-Rezai-le-charme-est-de-retour-a-Tarbes.html

Kipling
Jan 23rd, 2010, 10:56 PM
:bigcry:

améliemomo
Jan 24th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Aravane is going to play an exhibition match at Tarbes with Virginie Razzano next saturady according to this article:

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2010/01/23/761389-Razzano-Rezai-le-charme-est-de-retour-a-Tarbes.html

they play during "les Petits as",during the last few years,the exhiition match was between 2 men.The last "lady match" was between Amélie Mauresmo and Nathalie Dechy in 2000.
hope we'll know soon if aravane will play fed cup at lievin in the tie against USA.
hope so!:)

Kipling
Jan 24th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hope so, because that would be at least two matches of hers I could see on television. :)

améliemomo
Jan 25th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I read on the french newspaper "le Parisien" that aravane said that she will play fed cup if her coach patrick moratoglou can be with her
not good cause she s trying to deal with the actual fed cup system,bartoli tried to do that but she got a refuse from the french captain nicolas escude and all the french federation.
Dont like that attitude and Im surprised she said that actually:rolleyes:

Kipling
Jan 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Well, I think most players would like their coach to be part of the team with them if possible. It seems natural to me. It's an environment she hasn't been in before and it would be reassuring for her to have her coach there with her.

We had this problem with the press mis-quoting or mis-translating Aravane before, at Sydney, so my first question would be, did she really make it a condition or did she she just say she hopes that her coach can be with her if she plays Fed Cup? Aravane doesn't seem like the type of person who would make demands like that...

améliemomo
Jan 27th, 2010, 06:30 PM
OK so the french captain revealed the team who will face the US team and as expected,aravane is not there.
You have to know that fed cup is something very special in france.Its about being a team,create a real "connection" with each other, a real link all together. Its been like that for many years and those type of demands cant be accepted.Bartoli already had that kind of "ultimatum" wanting her dad to be part of the team. I was very surprised aravane behaved the same way:tape:
so no fed cup for aravane.

Bероника
Jan 27th, 2010, 10:13 PM
oh that's disappointing,but I still hope France will win...

Alizé Molik
Jan 31st, 2010, 08:52 AM
I read on the french newspaper "le Parisien" that aravane said that she will play fed cup if her coach patrick moratoglou can be with her
not good cause she s trying to deal with the actual fed cup system,bartoli tried to do that but she got a refuse from the french captain nicolas escude and all the french federation.
Dont like that attitude and Im surprised she said that actually:rolleyes:

it's typical of the FFT, how DARE aravane ask that her coach be present. please. I think the media love to make more of these types of situations. The truth is that many girls (like aravane and marion) feel that they have to have their coaches there to play their best. From what I can see, nowhere does it say she wouldn't work with a team. There is no attitude but that of FFT who can't possibly have any player in fed cup who don't fit the mold.

améliemomo
Jan 31st, 2010, 11:33 AM
well we cant know all the details of that case.The fact is she wasnt selectioned,that means they didnt want her to be there;
i think in my opinion, fed cup is a specific competition, nothing to compare with the tour so no personal coach.
FFT has his own systeme and I guess doesnt want someone to tell how to work or not.
As a player aravane should be happy to play that competition and respect the organisation.
Alize Cornet could have asked her coach to be there too but she didnt.She respect the system.There cant be any compromise and I understand it.That's fed cup.

Alizé Molik
Jan 31st, 2010, 11:51 AM
right and you make good points, but i've never heard of any other fed cup team which has had these same problems as the french!

Bероника
Jan 31st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Well I can remember Cpariati having some problems with the then captian Billie-Jean King for a similar problem if I remember correctly.

Also Alizé and Aravane are different people,with different ways of working and different experiences.It's already a big step for Aravane to be working with an outside coach when she's been working with her family until end of last year.Maybe it's too much to ask at this point.Alizé must be more the adaptable,obedient type.

Kipling
Jan 31st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Some players fit well within a team situation and some do not, end of story. Connors was never a Davis Cup hero for the US despite being the best US player of the 1970's. Aravane has reached the place where she is now by doing it her way and working with her coach, so who's to say that's not right, and IMO it's the French team's loss.

Kipling
Feb 7th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Aravane's quarter at Paris:

(1) Dementieva / Bye
Benesova / Pavlyuchenkova
Srebotnik / Petkovic
Qualifier / (5) Rezai

The potential is there for a QF showdown with Dementieva. Hope she got the bad play out of her system against Kerber.

Allez, Aravane!

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 7th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I'd love to see that QF :drool:

Make it happen Aravane :D Allez!

Paris75
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:49 PM
It would be nice for her to play a second Premier quarter in a row, she can do it. I really hope she will manage, like she said a couple of weeks ago to hold pressure and to be more patient, more positive even if she realize she plays average.
But I'm confident, she can do very well here. :)

Bероника
Feb 7th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I hope she can have a nice run at the home tournament :D

améliemomo
Feb 8th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Spécial Chat with Aravane at 4 pm!:D

aravane will be live on chat today so you can ask her some questions herehttp://www.chatconference.com/chat/gdf/s_318533?cmd=ask

;)

Kipling
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Spécial Chat with Aravane at 4 pm!:D

aravane will be live on chat today so you can ask her some questions herehttp://www.chatconference.com/chat/gdf/s_318533?cmd=ask

;)

"Hi, Aravane! Will you marry me?"

:p

Kipling
Feb 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
From the chat:

"Est-ce que tu vas des fois sur des forums de tennis, où les gens commentent les tournois du circuit WTA ? As-tu conscience de ta popularité ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:53:10je vais tres souvent sur les forums
je regarde bcp les commentaires des internautes
tres souvent il y a du positif"

LOL! :hearts: Aravane, if your read this, how about a date when you come to Miami?!"

:lol:

She also said that sometimes people who make comments on the forums don't know what really happened on court, which I totally agree with. Many times, people make ignorant comments based on a scoreline without knowing anything about the match. Aravane seems very confident and when asked if she believes she will win a slam she said "yes!"

She also said "no boyfriend" so I have a chance--haha.

This is the whole chat:

Le sujet du chat est : Chat Aravane Rezay
La conférence est démarrée
le modérateur:10:30:28Bonjour à tous,
Le chat va débuter dans quelques secondes...
Vous pouvez commencer à poser vos questions
Aravane est sur le point d'arriver
olive_95:10:30:28ARAVANE, ARAVANE, ARAVANE ...!!!
Oliv:10:30:28 que penses-tu de la performance de l'équipe de France de Fed Cup ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:30:42je suis tres decue qu elle eai perdu
j aurai aimé qu elles gagnent.
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:31:39j aurai aimé faire parti du groupe
elles se sont bien battu
j etais ave elle de tout coue
Question posée par: Agnès R.10:32:02 Bonjour Aravane, bonne chance pour l'Open GDF SUEZ. Comment se passe ton intégration et ton adaptation au sein de la structure d'entraînement de Patrick Mouratoglou ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:32:14je m entend tres bien avec patrick
mon pere reste mon entraineur. Patrick se joint au team rezai
Message d'information: 10:32:37Votre message a été reçu par le modérateur
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:32:43c est important d etre dans de bonnes conditions
c est ca qui m a aid a progressé ces derniers tps
Question posée par: Titi7510:32:58 quels sont tes objectifs pour cette saison ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:33:13pas d objectif en terme de classement ou de tournoi
je donne chaque jour le meilleur de moi meme
Question posée par: Céline la petite belge :)10:33:40 Coucou miss ,dans quel état d'esprit abordes-tu cet open GDF? J'espère que tu vas gagner le tournoi A demain en forme!
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:34:07c est important de partir favorite ici a paris
je me sens a la maison ici. Je ne me pose pas de question sur le match de demian. Je vais me battre
Question posée par: SPREM8710:34:41aravane, tu as un petit copain ? tu veux avoir des enfants ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:34:52non je n ai pas de petit copain
j adore les enfants
Question posée par: SPREM8710:35:22la joueuse avec qui tu tentends le mieux ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:35:31frnacise
virginie razzano
sinon radwanska, et plein d autre
Question posée par: SPREM8710:36:01quelles sont tes passions end ehors du tennis ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:36:16parler sur mon blackbery toute la journée
jadore le shopping
Question posée par: Nico10:36:34Vas-tu regarder les JO de Vancouver?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:36:43non je n ai pas vraiment le tps
Message d'information: 10:36:52Votre message a été reçu par le modérateur
Question posée par: julienf10:37:07la joueuse qui pour toi manque de fair play ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:37:25jankovic et surtout bartoli
Question posée par: Romain_110:37:55Quel est ton film préféré ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:38:01la ligne verte !
Question posée par: Seb10:38:16Salut Aravane, j'ai 12 ans,je voudrait savoir quelle et la meilleur qualité pour jouer au tennis ? selon toa
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:38:22le mental
il faut savoir ce que tu veux car qd tu veux tu peux !
Question posée par: julienf10:38:58quel est pour toi le joueur masculin le plus charmant ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:39:04j ai une petit liste
bellucci
frederico gil
verdasco
blake
robredo

Question posée par: Romain_110:40:19Joueras-tu de nouveau au tournoi de Strasbourg cette année ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:40:25je ne sais pas encore
mon programme n est pas etabli
Question posée par: julienf10:40:49tu aimes bien les hispaniques, ais je une chance si je suis francais ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:40:58oui possible
Question posée par: Mila10:41:19Coubertin cherche sa nouvelle chouchoute. Tu penses que ça peut etre toi?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:41:31si je le merite et que je me bas, OUI !
Question posée par: julienf10:41:55le retour d'henin te fait il plaisir ? t'entends tu bien avec justine ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:42:04no comment
Question posée par: ggs10:42:25le joueur de tennis avec qui tu echangerais quelques coups
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:42:31federer
c est le meilleur tout simplement
Question posée par: Romain_110:42:49Ton année 2009 a été incroyable, quel est ton meilleur souvenir ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:42:58le master bis de bali
le reel declic
Question posée par: mistermars10:43:13Tu n'aimes pas Nadal ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:43:25je le connais depuis que j 'ai 12 ans
je le respecte enormement
Question posée par: SPREM8710:43:49Avais-tu une idole quand tu etais petite ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:43:58gabriella sabatini
j adore tout, son charme son tennis sa facon de jouer
Question posée par: SPREM8710:44:28dans quels domaines dois-tu encore t'améliorer ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:44:46plus de regularté dans mes victoires en tournoi
Question posée par: SPREM8710:44:55avoir une vie privée en paralllèle de sa vie pro sur le circuit, cest possible selon toi ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:45:07bien sur c est possible
Question posée par: Nico10:45:28Parmi tes objectifs, donnes-tu plus d'importance à ton classement ou à des perfs particulières en Grand Chelem, à Roland-Garros par exemple?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:45:37je dirai les 2
les classement est important pour les objectifs a court terme
RG est mon tournoi favori
Question posée par: Nico10:46:16Tu es passée tout prêt de battre Serena Williams il y a quelques semaines. Que te manque-t-il encore pour atteindre le top niveau et battre ce type de joueuses?
Message d'information: 10:46:28Votre message a été reçu par le modérateur
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:46:31Je pense que j avias le niveau
avec le tps je vais engrenger de l experience
ca va aider a progresser plus rapidement
Question posée par: Romain_110:47:16Tu as évoqué ton tournoi de Bali (le masters-bis) comme un tournoi de référence, mais y a--t-il un match particulier qui a servi de déclic ? Ta victoire contre Lisicki peut-être ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:47:22bonne question !
a partir de ce match je voulais reellement gagner le tournoi
je me suis rendu compte que si je veux je peux !
Question posée par: Utilisateur1_110:48:16Que penses-tu de tes compatriotes féminines françaises ? Penses-tu être la joueuse française du moment le plus en forme ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:48:31je ne me pose pas de questions
je me concentre sur mon objectif et le resultat va suivre
Question posée par: julienf10:48:52penses tu un jour gagner un grand chelem ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:49:04oui, je travaille tous les jours pour ca
j y crois !
Question posée par: mistermars10:49:43Au vu du tableau de l'open GDF, tu devrais rencontrer Dementieva, cela te fait-il peur ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:49:46non
je pense surtout a mon premier match. On verra pour la suite
Question posée par: lol10:50:13entre remporter Coubertin et une défaite en finale à Roland, que choisis tu?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:50:46je suis une battante et je veux tout gagner
Question posée par: Nico10:51:04Aimes-tu jouer en double? Avec qui?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:51:16je n ai ps de partenaire fixe, je m adapte
Question posée par: celine10:51:37Quel secteur de ton jeu as-tu le plus travaillé durant l'intersaison?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:51:49un peu de tout en general
j ai surtout traaillé le physique
Message d'information: 10:52:01Votre message a été reçu par le modérateur
Question posée par: Asticot10:52:19aimerais-tu enseigner le tennis un jour? une possilbe reconversion après ta carrière de joueuse?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:52:34non pas vraiment
je vais prendre du tps pour moi apres
Question posée par: Romain_110:52:55Est-ce que tu vas des fois sur des forums de tennis, où les gens commentent les tournois du circuit WTA ? As-tu conscience de ta popularité ?
Réponse de: Aravane REZAY10:53:10je vais tres souvent sur les forums
je regarde bcp les commentaires des internautes
tres souvent il y a du positif
mais malheuresement bcp de gens ne savent pas ce qu il se passe reelement sur le circuit et juge les joueuses de facon innacceptable
MERCI A TOUS D ETRE AUJOURD HUI ¨PRESENT POUR CE CHAT
SANS VOUS JE NE JOUERAI PAS AU TENNIS
BISOUS A TOUS ET A TRES BIENTOT A COUBERTIN
JE VOUS ATTENDS TOUS §
Question posée par: Julie_Fever10:54:58DE RIEN ON T'AIME!!

améliemomo
Feb 8th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I heart mimi I admire your french compréhension:hatoff:

I didnt know aravane was reading comments in forums, I always told my opinion but knowing she can read mine is quite weird lol
sometimes I m just so "impulsive" lol:o:p
as for her tennis attractive players... Hum... not agree with her (robredo and verdasco are not particulary attractive,in fact none is attractive on the tour:drool:)
aravane is so "diplomatic":lol:

Kipling
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Merci beaucoup, :wavey:, but I'm afraid I had lots of help from an online translator. :lol:

I think that quite a few players must read the forums, but I hope they do it more for entertainment than anything, because people can be quite hurtful.

At least Aravane didn't say "Stepanek"!

Well, I hope Aravane can go far this week in Paris. It would be wonderful to see her win the title!

Allez!!!!

Bероника
Feb 8th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Aravane :worship: Some of her answers had me :rolls: specially players who lack fair play

Also love the fact that she admired Gaby Sabatini.I can only agree with what she said.

And yeah,I think she maybe reads us sometimes :)

Kipling
Feb 8th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Also love the fact that she admired Gaby Sabatini.

I thought that was really interesting, too, because their styles of play are so different. I liked Gaby too, but probably for a different reason than Aravane did.

Stevecw
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Wow, great to see that Aravane probably reads this thread a lot! :yeah:

Hope she can do great in Paris this week :)

Bероника
Feb 8th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I loved Gaby Sabatini for your reasons and Aravane's as well :p ;)

Aravane will face qualy Evgeniya Rodina in first round,a player I also like to follow.Zhenya has not been playing good at all this season,I'd be surprised she'd cause problems to Aravane.Let's hope the crowd support can motivate her even more to have a sucessful tournament,just as last year in Strasbourg :D

Allez Aravane!!!! :bounce:

améliemomo
Feb 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah the parisian crowd is always very cheerful to french players.

Amélie was the most appreciated there,perhaps aravane can become the new fave here.Hope it for her;)

Allez!

Kipling
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Per the tourney website, Aravane is first on Center Court against Rodina tomorrow! :bounce::woohoo::inlove:

http://www.opengdfsuez.com/articles.php?detail=12&language=uk

11AM local time, which means an early morning for me!

Bероника
Feb 9th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Oh good,now I have to check if eurosport is showing it.

Allez Aravane!!! :bounce:

Rafito.
Feb 10th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Eurosports is showing it :)

Good luck Rezai.

Bероника
Feb 10th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Aravane is now watching Wickmayer match ;)

So she is the only french player left in Paris.Next match will be against Andrea Petkovic.Allez!

Stevecw
Feb 10th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Great win earlier :bigclap:

Keep it going and beat Petkovic :yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 11th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Allez! Keep it up, sweetie. :hearts:

Stevecw
Feb 14th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Aravane plays Bammer in Dubai, tomorrow morning my time!
Tricky 1st round, but best of luck to her :)

Kipling
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Allez, Aravane! Take her down!

Paris75
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Wow, Aravane is doing well! :) She leads 6/3 2/0* 30/0 in 40 minutes! Keep it up :D

Paris75
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:25 AM
From *3/0 to *4/5 :scared:

Paris75
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Phiew ... was down 0-30, but won 4 points in the row! Now 5-5, don't choke Aravane!

Iceland
Feb 15th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Down 52 in the final set. Aravane back to her usual slump :wavey:

améliemomo
Feb 15th, 2010, 10:50 AM
But she finally won 7-5 in the final set!

tough match but what a good recovery at the end.

Allez aravane,you have to step it up against jankovic next match:)

Kipling
Feb 15th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Good for Aravane to fight back. Now focus and beat JJ!

Stevecw
Feb 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Sounded like an exciting match. Great recovery in the end :bounce:

Please take out JJ!! :yeah:

Bероника
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Best of luck tomorrow!! Hope you can defeat Jankovic :bounce:

Kipling
Mar 8th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Aravane back at #21 this week.

I hope she can go on a good run at IW/Miami. If so, she can crack the top 20.

Kipling
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Aravane's draw at IW looks decent.

1R Bye
2R Groenefeld
3R Schiavone
4R Dementieva/Wozniak

I think Aravane will be tough for any of them, if she plays to her ability. Both ALG and Schiavone have had successes against players ranked considerably lower than Aravane and losses against most of the top 20 players they have played this year, so I definitely think Aravane stands a great chance of making it at least to 4R. From there, who knows?

Stevecw
Mar 8th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Thats a great draw. Expect her to be capable of beating all 3 until she gets to r4...that will be difficult, but we only think about it if she gets that far.

Rafito.
Mar 9th, 2010, 05:59 AM
A pretty good draw. Take advantage Aravane, Cant wait to see how it all plays out.

Kipling
Mar 12th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Aravane is 4th up on court 5 against Tanasugarn. Allez, Aravane!

Kipling
Mar 12th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Aravane is 4th up on court 5 against Tanasugarn. Allez, Aravane!

Rafito.
Mar 12th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Good Luck Aravane! Kick some butt tomorrow please.

Kipling
Mar 13th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Aravane wins! 6-4 7-5! Serve was all over the place--5 aces, but 8 inopportune DFs, and a ow first serve percentage. She had lots of BP chances, though, so she is definitely returning well. Keep improving!

améliemomo
Mar 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM
well done aravane cause tanasugarn is a tricky player, now shell face another more tricky player Schiavone.
Goo Aravane,do your best in next round!

Bероника
Mar 13th, 2010, 04:51 PM
yes,Tanasugarn can be dangerous,I'm glad Aravane passed the test in 2 sets only.Now against Schiavone another difficult match,but she can do it.Allez!!! :D

Stevecw
Mar 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM
That was good solid win, now Schiavone will be trickier...but Aravane should still win this one :yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 15th, 2010, 03:32 AM
(19) Aravane Rezai (FRA) def. (15) Francesca Schiavone (ITA) 6-7(4) 7-6(2) 6-4 :D

Alizé Molik
Mar 15th, 2010, 06:16 AM
so happy! can't wait to see her in the top 20 :D

Bероника
Mar 15th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Is she in top 20 already with this victory?

Bravo Aravane!!! She knows how to celebrate a birthday, giving her fans a good present with this victory! :D Allez,keep going,time to defeat Dementieva now!!! :D

Kipling
Mar 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I am not sure about the top 20. The players above her either didn't play IW last year and have no points to lose or are so far ahead that Aravane probably can't catch up unless she gets to SF or F, with the possible exception of Zvonareva, who will lose massive points (1000 for winning last year) unless she gets back to SF (450) or F (700). Looking at it yesterday, I think I arrived at the conclusion that if Vera loses in or before the QF (250), Aravane should pass her up.

But that's highly unscientific.

Also, she has to watch out for Zheng coming up from behind, too.

But with lots of clay points to defend, it's good that she's putting some in the bank on hardcourts. Hope she has another great run in Miami. I just hope she is finally able to play her best against Dementieva.

Stevecw
Mar 15th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Great win again!! Such good battling quality to come back and break at 4-5 down in 2nd set :bowdown:

Please play your best and take out Elena D :yeah:

Adrian1092
Mar 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Bien fait Aravane :yeah: Do your best vs Lena D and rest up! Allez :D

Kipling
Mar 16th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Allez, Aravane! First up on court 3 vs. Dementieva.

Take her down, Aravane!

Rafito.
Mar 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Good Luck tomorrow Aravane! Kick some butt.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:45 PM
She can't hold serve right now :sobbing:

Kipling
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:00 PM
:sobbing:

I guess I should change my name again. It absolutely tears my guts out when Aravane loses. I feel sick.

Well, get some rest, and come back like a tigress in Miami. I will be in the first row cheering!!!!!

Bероника
Mar 16th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Oh no :sad: I was somewhat expecting a closer result.Don't worry,Aravane,we'll get Dementieva someday,maybe on clay?

:lol: I hope she comes as a tigress in Miami and tell her,her fans from TF love her and believe in her all the way if you can approach her again ;)

Kipling
Mar 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
One more day until the Miami MD starts! I will be leaving at 5:30 AM sharp tomorrow to try to be there by the time the first match starts. Aravane won't play until Thursday or Friday, since she is seeded. Hopefully I will get to see her play two matches!

Let's all pull together with good thoughts and best wishes for Aravane this week (and hopefully next!) I will get lots of pictures and videos to share!

Allez, Aravane! Let's take this title!!!!!

:inlove:

Paris75
Mar 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Enjoy there !! :D

I can't wait anymore to see the draw! I hope no Henin in the first 2 rounds.
Hope the seeded player she will be likely to face in R3 is neither Clijsters, nor Zvonareva, nor Petrova ...

Kipling
Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks, strastib!

Aravane has a great draw, I think!

1R bye
2R Coin or Martic
3R Wickmayer or Bensova
4R Na or Wozniak
QF Kuznetsova/Bartoli

Every single one of those is winnable for Aravane if she is confident and playing well!

Gogogogo, Aravane! Allez! Let's take advantage!

améliemomo
Mar 22nd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Allez Aravane!

Stevecw
Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Thats a great draw :) If she plays at her best, there is nobody to be afraid of.

Enjoy your time there and yes get lots & lots of pics/videos of her wins :yeah:

Bероника
Mar 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Good luck,Aravane!!! :D

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 23rd, 2010, 04:28 AM
Good draw indeed. :D Allez!

Kipling
Mar 24th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Hi all, my dream came true today!

I left home at 5:30 this morning to get to Miami by 10AM and the first player I saw there was.....ARAVANE!

She was practicing this morning with Nadia Petrova and their coaches. I got tons and tons of pics. And after practice, even though I was soooo nervous, I asked Aravane if I could take a picture with her. I'm so glad I did. Patrick, her coach, said he would take it and took about 5 or 6 shots to make sure he got a nice one. Aravane was so nice to put up with it. I told her she was my absolute favorite player and wished her good luck here.

Aravane's brother Anouche was there as well. And a young woman I didn't recognize, but maybe a friend.

My week is already made!

People were asking me who she was (i.e., they knew Petrova, but who was the "other girl"?).

Aravane looked good out there today. She was actually serving some really hard serves against Nadia.

I don't think I am ever going to stop smiling!

Kipling
Mar 24th, 2010, 04:34 AM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/IHeartMasha/2010SonyEricssonOpen3_23040.jpg

Drine
Mar 24th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Aravane is playing 1st on court 1 tomorrow ;)

Kipling
Mar 25th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Wow--early day for me, then! I will be there with bells on. Or something like that! Alllllllleeeeezzz!

améliemomo
Mar 25th, 2010, 12:34 PM
great pic:D

enjoy your day and cheer up big please!Allez GOOOOOOOOO!

Drine
Mar 25th, 2010, 03:31 PM
ALLEZ ARAVAAAAAAANE !!!! :bigclap:

améliemomo
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:08 PM
R2: Aravane Rezai/Petra Martic 5-7 7-5

Go Aravane!

Drine
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Doesn't look good at all for Aravane :sad:

améliemomo
Mar 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM
5-7 7-5 2-3*

its just one break,she must fight.Go break back!

Bероника
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Aravane lost :sad: :sad: :sad:

(WC) Petra Martic def. (18) Aravane Rezai 7-5 5-7 6-4

ps: yes,I edited my post to add more sad faces,one is not enough.Let's see what Brent has to say about the match.Hope this hasn't ruined your Miami :hug:

améliemomo
Mar 25th, 2010, 06:39 PM
too sad cause at 2-3 Martic was 40-00 and aravane managed to get to 40-40.IT was a key time in the match.

Stevecw
Mar 25th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Oh Aravane :sobbing: Why are you so inconsistant :(

Alizé Molik
Mar 25th, 2010, 10:16 PM
can't wait to see what he says on this match :( poor him seeing her lose, very much like when i saw her lose in 3 to makarova at the ao.

Kipling
Mar 26th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Hi all.

I wasn't going to come on Tennisforum again after today, but I guess that wouldn't help anything.

I guess you know that I am devastated. I never felt so bad in my life about something happening to someone else. I know that's probably silly, but I felt sick all day long, and same now. I won't deny that I was in tears for awhile afterwards. At least I had sunglasses on.

Martic drop-shotted Aravane about 50 times in this match. It seemed like that anyway. I have never seen any player hit more than half the amount of drop shots Martic did, and about 90% of them worked. Tht was her only weapon. Aravane had numerous break points but didn't convert many, and many times she was drop-shotted on break point. Martic has a lot of loopy, junk-ball shots that kept Aravane behind the baseline and trying to hit high-bouncing shots way over her head. She was very frustrated by those drop shots, gesturing angrily at times. There were some very questionable line calls IMO, but stuff like that happens, I guess.

Aravane fought hard and had a nice group of support from the Academy, a number of French fans who came in late to try to pull her through, and me. To be honest, Aravane was really in control of set 1 but let it slip with a late break, then got broken early in set 2 and when she was down 2-4 and unable to break despite a number of break points, I thought she might just go down in 2. She got herself righted, and pulled even t 1 set all, but I think she was tired from having to work so hard, and got in a 0-3 hole in the third set. She fought back and got 1 break back, but Martic kept up that stupid drop-shotting and Aravane couldn't get that second break back.

Her serve was good overall. Yes, she had some doubles, but Aravane is 5'5" and serving is not the easiest thing for her. She had a lot of aces that pulled her out of tight spots, including 3 in one game.

The bottom line here is that Aravane had much bigger weapons but hit some key shots long on break points that she should have and could have taken advantage of. Martic's drop shots probably made her a little impatient, but in almost all the rallies she was doing the dictating before either an error or a drop shot winner. Even though it was too late, when Aravane finally got to one those and spanked it for a winner, you could see some frustration.

I think if I could have changed today by giving up my picture with her, I would do it in a heartbeat. I feel so sick about it, like it's my fault.

I need to find a different hobby. It hurts too much when your fave loses.

I only took a few pics and a short clip because I was too nervous and too involved. I got beat today, too.

schorsch
Mar 26th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Oh my... I always say I lurv me some variety, but if variety is some sort of desperate way to win SOMEHOW it annoys me (*cough* niculescu *cough*). Really sucks for you IHM :sad: But then again I wonder how a girl with so much rackethead speed as Aravane can't deal with them all too well? Was she standing behind the baseline all the time trying to hit hard from there (she's got such mad strokes that she doesn't always have to be on the baseline or inside the court to dictate play, imo) or was she pushed way back by Martin's puffy shots and then just had too much ground to cover?

Rafito.
Mar 26th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Im very disappointed, but have to move on. Cant wait for the clay season and Aravane to kick some butt.

Kipling
Mar 29th, 2010, 05:10 AM
I saw Aravane again today, practicing with Patrick and her brother. They were out about 4:30 or 5 in the evening. Was hoping I'd be able to supplement my videos of her this trip, as I was too nervous meeting her to take very many that day and only got two short ones during her match cuz I was caught up in it.

Probably my paranoia, but I had a feeling she noticed I was there (again) and I got nervous and slinked away. Didn't want to make her mad.

She looked nice, though, dressed in a sleeveless charcoal grey practice outfit with her hair in a ponytail.

Stevecw
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:38 PM
I was away for weekend so I only found out all results today :( Damn, that was a horrible loss :sobbing:

Oh poor you being there in Miami to see that. I bet we all expected more from her this week!

But hope u got to meet her again & got pics etc ;)

Kipling
Apr 2nd, 2010, 02:51 PM
So long, everyone. :tears: The terrible comments about Aravane reaching the top 20 in GM are more than I can stand. That's so rude and untrue. Wickmayer never pushed Serena around like a dust rag or beat Safina, Sharapova and Venus when they were healthy and high-ranked. Aravane is a good player and deserves her spot. Honestly, I don't get all of the hate for her.

It was nice "meeting" all of you.

Please cheer hard for Aravane. :bounce:

améliemomo
Apr 2nd, 2010, 10:10 PM
Brent dont pay attention about dumbass comments on GM

yeah right aravane won Bali cause Wickmayer was not there... That's why she beat heavily Martinez Sanchez, a player Wickmayer never beat in her whole life:rolleyes:
of course she earned that top20 spot.No question about it.She can be proud of herself and we all can be proud of her

hope her the best in marbella and all other big claycourt tournaments;)

Bероника
Apr 2nd, 2010, 10:54 PM
Oh Brent,please,don't leave because of what a bunch of idiots who will never achieve as much in life as the players they critisize have to say.All players have haters in GM,it's really a vipers nest there but you can,just ignore them or laugh at them ;)

we really shouldn't be worrying about that but celebrating Aravane has reached top 20.Just ask Serena how good a player Aravane is,she for sure has not forgotten about Sydney,these people can say whatever they want,they won't change the fact Aravane has earned her top 20 spot and worked hard for it.I,as her long time fan,feel very happy for her and proud.Also her results in the big events have not been that good,some of them a bit disappointing,so if she can have better results in the big events,her ranking will keep rising.

Good luck in Marbella,Aravane!!!! :bounce:

Stevecw
Apr 3rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
Ignore GM, you can't be taking what is said there too seriously. All players have haters there, its just the nature of GM.

Draw out for Marbella, this is Aravanes section...not too bad :)

(4) Rezai vs. Ruano Pascual (WC)
Malek vs. Zahlavova
Hercog vs. Olaru
Vinci vs. Suarez Navarro (8)

Bероника
Apr 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
Vivi does not play much singles lately that I know.So hoping Aravane will have no problems.Allez!!!

Kipling
Apr 4th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I guess. I just don't know why Aravane gets looked down on more than the other French women players, like she is an outcast or something. I just don't understand it.

Best of luck in Marbella, Aravane! Allez! Hope you win it all!

Alizé Molik
Apr 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM
well if you look in my sig, there's hate in Gm for all players! just ignore them or don't post there, its all stupid anyway!

Bероника
Apr 4th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Many other french players get hate things written too,have you seen the constant crap jokes about Marion? :help: a lot of sick people in GM if you ask me,not the best place to go,it's not even interesting for an informative point of view (with some exceptions),you get all the more info on the players forums or on tournament forums from people who have really seen the matchs on place.

I like your new username ;) and lovely banner too!

Back to Marbella,does MD start tomorrow or on tuesday?

Kipling
Apr 4th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I like your new username ;) and lovely banner too!

Thank you, Veronika. :hug:

It was about time, since I seem to be living or dying with every one of Aravane's matches. I don't feel that way about anyone else on tour. :lol:

I think Marbella has three qualifying rounds, so the MD might not start until Tuesday. Maybe a few 1R matches tomorrow, but I doubt the seeds, especially the top 4, will play until Tuesday at the earliest. I'm going to be on pins and needles during the day when I'm at the PVB matches wanting to know Aravane's score. :eek:

I'd love to see her play the green clay tournaments some year because with her big groundstrokes it might give her a bit of an advantage. But it's good she's getting early preparation for Roland Garros. I really hope she can build on last year and go far in front of her home crowd!

Kipling
Apr 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM
LOL, I'm wrong as usual! Aravane will play the Monday night match. Allez, Aravane!!!!

Kipling
Apr 4th, 2010, 10:09 PM
This "Bali overinflated her ranking" thing is bothering me. So I decided to look at Marion Bartoli's career for comparison. In 2007, when Marion turned 23, the same age Aravane is now, her ranking was in the 20's the first half of the year until her surprising run at Wimbledon, which boosted her up toward the top 10. Part of Bartoli's run to a top 20 ranking included her 2006 Tokyo win which was comprised of wins over giants:

R32 H2H Craybas, Jill (USA) 60 W 6-2 3-6 6-4
R16 H2H Dushevina, Vera (RUS) 85 W 6-2 6-4
Q H2H Namigata, Junri (JPN) 185 W 6-2 6-1
S H2H Pin, Camille (FRA) 90 W 6-0 6-1
F H2H Nakamura, Aiko (JPN) 89 W 2-6 6-2 6-2

I say this is the equivalent of Aravane's win at Strasbourg, certinly no better. Probably not as strong a run of players as Aravane beat at Strasbourg, actually. Also, Aravane beat Marion at Bali last year, and despite Marion's eventual retirement, I saw no evidence that Marion was affected before she lost her lead to Aravane--i.e., Aravane was leading fair and square when Marion got cramps.

Wickmayer, by contrast, got a whopping 900 points by surviving an upset-filled draw at the US Open where she lost to the only top 15 opponent she faced. She did beat Pennetta en route to winning Linz, but again, not a stellar field of opponents. Struggled against Date Krumm in R1 at Bali, so the notion she would have cakewalked to the title there if not for the withdrawal is silly, IMHO.

When Aravane turned 23, her ranking was 21, so she is definitely comparable with Bartoli in this respect. As Veronika says, Aravane has yet to really have a great GS tournament. Yes, a couple 4th rounds, but nothing beyond that, and they were mixed with 1Rs or 2Rs. If she can put together a year of solid (4R or better) slam appearances, then her ranking should really skyrocket.

In short, I think any criticisms of Aravane's ranking are shortsighted and born of animosity or ignornace. I feel that, with some good scheduling and good health, Aravane should continue to make progress this year toward an eventual place in the top 10, and hopefully better. I would love to see Mlle. Rezai reach number 1 someday. If she believes in herself, anything is possible!

(Note-I think both Marion and Yanina are fine players, and am a big fan of Marion's, so this isn't intended as a criticism of them, but rather as support for the argument that Aravane is certainly on the same level when it comes to ability)

Bероника
Apr 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Oh already plays first match today.Let's go Aravane!!!!!! :bounce:

Kipling
Apr 5th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I came back to the hotel in Ponte Vedra to watch Aravane's match on livestream, so you KNOW I am a fan, lol.

Drine
Apr 5th, 2010, 07:55 PM
First match on clay for Aravane this year, good luck to her ;)
Come on Aravane :bounce:

Stevecw
Apr 5th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Great start :bigclap:
Nice easy win as expected...good luck v Malek :yeah:

Bероника
Apr 5th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Good win,for the little I saw she was playing good,still a bit of errors

:yeah: on expected easy win

now Malek.This might sound stupid but I'm a bit scared as she's not done well against german players this year.

Good luck! :kiss:

Bероника
Apr 6th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Schedule for tomorrow in Marbella is out.Don't know if we get a stream for court 1,I don't think so :(

Court 1 12:00 noon

Kristina Barrois(GER) - Beatriz Garcia Vidagany(ESP)
followed by
Aravane Rezai(FRA) - Tatjana Malek(GER)

Well,most important is that she plays a good match and wins.Allez Aravane!!!! Let's do some more damage on clay :rocker2:

Kipling
Apr 7th, 2010, 05:10 AM
I'm sure all the Spaniards will be on the main court. Anyway, good luck Aravane, allez!!! and may you win big over Malek!

Drine
Apr 7th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I think it's Aravane's third loss in 3 encounters against Malek so it seems that Malek's game doesn't suit Aravane AT ALL :(
It's really a shame for Aravane, she had a chance to go far in Marbella :sad:
What's next for her now? Barcelona?

Bероника
Apr 7th, 2010, 10:40 PM
oh that's disappointing :sad: She should be able to beat Malek.A lot of work still to do.
Well,it's only the start of clay season.Let's hope she'll get a better adaptation next tournament and her result improves as well.

Stevecw
Apr 7th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Oh Aravane that is a bad loss :sobbing: Really seems to struggle v Malek :(

Alizé Molik
Apr 8th, 2010, 12:57 AM
well i think it's fairly obvious why she's never beaten malek. She gets a lot of balls back and you have to construct points against her, you can't just keep hitting brainlessly and making a ton of errors.

Iceland
Apr 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Such an up and down season. Im glad she broke top 20 but she will have to be really steadier if she wants to stay there.

Kipling
Apr 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
MD isn't posted yet, but someone in the tourney thread said Aravane will play Vinci in 1R t Barcelona. Allez, Aravane! Let's start winning points--we need them!

Stevecw
Apr 11th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Draw is done:

(1)Francesca Schiavone (ITA) v. Alberta Brianti (ITA)
Lucie Hradecka (CZE) v. Tathiana Garbin (ITA)
Kristina Barrois (GER) v. Kirsten Flipkens (BEL)
Qualifier v. (7)Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)

(4)Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v. Qualifier
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) v. Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)
Petra Kvitova (CZE) v. Iveta Benesova (CZE)
Tamira Paszek (AUT) v. (5)Sorana Cirstea (ROU)

(6)Gisela Dulko (ARG) v. Sara Errani (ITA)
Qualifier v. Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU)
Stefanie Voegele (SUI) v. (WC)Arantxa Parra Santonja (ESP)
Andrea Petkovic (GER) v. (3)Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP)

(8)Lucie Safarova (CZE) v. Regina Kulikova (RUS)
Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) v. Qualifier
(WC)Laura Pous Tio (ESP) v. (WC)Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)
Roberta Vinci (ITA) v. (2)Aravane Rezai (FRA)

Its a good draw, she should be well able to win a few matches here...hopefully!! But then again its impossible to know what Aravane will turn up :eek:

Kipling
Apr 12th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Didn't Vinci win this last year? That's no gimme of a draw, IMHO. If Aravane gets by R1, it could be pretty good, however.

Stevecw
Apr 12th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Didn't Vinci win this last year? That's no gimme of a draw, IMHO. If Aravane gets by R1, it could be pretty good, however.

Never said it was a gimme...but its not so bad.

But with Aravane its impossible to call anything a good or bad draw. She could go beat Vinci 6-0, 6-0 in 1st round, and then go lose to Pous Tio or Dominguez Lino in 2nd round easily!! :tape:

But thats life as an Aravane fan!! Just gotta hope somehow she can string a few good displays together again! Once she does that she has the talent to win this one :) C'mon Aravane :clap2:

Escape
Apr 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM

Yes, Vinci is the defending champion.
But hopefully Aravane will beat her and have a good run here :)

Allez Aravane :rocker2:

Drine
Apr 12th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I can't believe it's raining in Barcelona :(
Come on rain, just go away !!! I wanna follow Aravane's match ;)

Kipling
Apr 12th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I was hoping to see some of this on livestream when I go home for lunch, but no chance of that now.

I wonder if she'll even get to play today.

Drine
Apr 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
:rain: I'm afraid we won't see Aravane today :sad:

Kipling
Apr 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM
:sad:

Oh well. Rest up, Aravane. Tomorrow is a new day.

Drine
Apr 13th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Aravane is playing first on court 5 (if it's not raining :unsure:) ;)

Drine
Apr 13th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Aravane lost 6/3 6/4 :sad:
I'm soooo disappointed.....

Alizé Molik
Apr 13th, 2010, 11:23 AM
this clay season really isnt going well...

Bероника
Apr 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM
oh shit :sad:

not a good start of clay season

Kipling
Apr 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I feel sick.

Aravane's going to tumble out of the top 40 by Wimbledon, I think. Most of her points came on clay, and at the moment she looks like she can't put a serve in to save her life. 35% over a match is a disaster. I don't know how she can win a match at RG. Such an amazingly talented player, one of the few players in the world with the physical tools to beat anyone on a given day, but handicapped by her height and apparent inability to change up her game when it isn't working. Please prove me wrong, Aravane. I live and die on your matches and I can't stand feeling sick 24/7 like this.

Does anyone think it might be the coaching she's with now? I know she thinks the world of the Mouratoglous, like a second family, but since joining that academy her results have been horrible. Maybe she just needs a different team around her.

Bероника
Apr 13th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I think maybe Aravane is also thinking in all these points she has to defend during clay season and this is putting an extra-pressure on herself,and that's one of the reasons why things are not working for her at the moment.

Kipling
Apr 16th, 2010, 03:18 PM
You know, suddenly, Aravane's loss to Vinci isn't looking that bad. More like rotten luck. Vinci's en route to what appears to be a second straight title in Barcelona.

Edit--yes, I know she played poorly, serving at 35% for the match, but even so, she "only" lost 3 and 4, so if she'd had even a modestly decent serving day probably would have won by the same scoreline.

rrfnpump
Apr 25th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Aravane had a good Fed Cup. She was very excited being in the team and was cheering for her teammates all time. She was so happy that France won, she even was very teary. I think it was a great experience for her. And she is so nice. :)

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2010%20Fed%20Cup%20GER%20v%20FRA/DSC_0318.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2010%20Fed%20Cup%20GER%20v%20FRA/DSC_0311.jpg

Drine
May 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
In Rome, Aravane has won her R1 match against Morita, quite convincingly 6-4 6-2 :worship:
Expected result but she's done the job. Next round will be tougher: Wickmayer (certainly) or Sprem ;)

Kipling
May 3rd, 2010, 05:47 PM
I just looked at the stats for this match. Eleven breaks of serve in an 18-game match...yikes.

Aravane only served 43%, but, on the positive side, had only 2DFs despite having to serve tons of 2nd serves. She will likely have to get that serve percentage up to 60+ against Wicky.

Stevecw
May 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Good win Aravane :yeah: Convincing score even if the serve was a bit of a mess.

Up it a level for the next round and she can get the win :)

Drine
May 4th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately, Aravane lost her battle against Wickmayer 6-3 6-7 7-5 :sad:
72% of first serves, that's pretty good but 6 DFs :(
Keep on working Aravane !!! ;)

Kipling
May 7th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Aravane drew the worst possible first round opponent for Madrid--Henin.

Looks like a short week. I hope she will consider playing Strasbourg or Warsaw.

Drine
May 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Aravane drew the worst possible first round opponent for Madrid--Henin.

Looks like a short week. I hope she will consider playing Strasbourg or Warsaw.

OMG yes I saw that, I can't believe it :(
But who knows? If Aravane is on very good day, she could cause some trouble to Justine :shrug:
But that sucks :sad:

Kipling
May 7th, 2010, 03:43 PM
OMG yes I saw that, I can't believe it :(
But who knows? If Aravane is on very good day, she could cause some trouble to Justine :shrug:
But that sucks :sad:

Of course Aravane has the ability to win against Henin. She beat Safina when the latter was No. 1, and really should have beaten Serena this year at Sydney. So yes, if she plays her best, she might have a chance. But she's been so up and down lately with her game, and particularly her serve, that it's a huge mountain to climb for sure. She has to get off to a good start.

Rafito.
May 7th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Omg, This sucks! Hopefully Justine is having a bad day, and Aravane is playing really well.

Stevecw
May 8th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Oh no no no, this is a nightmare draw for Aravane!! Damn, she is so unlucky to get her.

But we all know Aravnes history, she is capable of beating the best players on her day...usually followed by losing to some qualifier the next round!!! :)

But Aravane has the talent to beat Henin.....lets just hope she plays at her best, because if she has an off day she could suffer a bad bad loss. Please Aravane play at top level and get a shock win :yeah:

Drine
May 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Aravane's playing third on CC (matches start at 11am) ;)
I can't wait :cool:

Drine
May 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Aravane has beaten Justine 4-6 7-5 6-0 ;)
I honestly didn't expect this result but hey.....she did it :worship:
Congrats Aravane :bounce:

améliemomo
May 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM
OMG!

the best bagel I ever seen in all my life of tennisfan, and those against bartoli of course:angel::drool:
ARAVANE ARAVANE ARAVANE:worship::worship::worship::worship:

the best win she has since her victory against safina in canada open last year who was the beginning of the new aravane statut.
So proud of her.

Kipling
May 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM
WoW! Amazing fight! She deserves this soooooo much! I hope she can take great confidence from this win!

Iceland
May 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Gosh Aravane, you just made it hard to afford a bagel in the 3rd set? :lol:
A very nice win! I was sure that her game could trouble Justine especially since her FH is definitely weaker than before. Hope this gives her the confidence she needs before Roland-Garros. It's really amazing how motivated she is when she faces a top player.
Now the best thing for her is to stay down to earth. It was only the 1st round and she may have to play Dinara.

Allez Aravane! Bravo!

Kipling
May 9th, 2010, 10:09 PM
LOL--oh well, Aravane's thread in GM finally got shut down, after getting hijacked in a Henin-Williams debate, but not before it became the longest thread I ever started. Haha.

Just can't get over Aravane's win today! This is great! She can really take some confidence from this into RG. It would be nice to see her make a strong run there, and then have a good summer on grass and hardcourt. If so, she could start zooming up the rankings again.

:)

Stevecw
May 9th, 2010, 10:46 PM
I just got home and saw this result!! Wow, wow, wow!! :woohoo:

Amazing, I did say she was capable of it, but in reality I didn't expect a win!! So so good, and what a great boost to her confidence this has to be!! :)

:yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
May 10th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Wow, great win Aravane! :eek: Totally didn't expect her to beat JH.

Was it televised or streamed? Anyone have a video? :ras:

Escape
May 10th, 2010, 11:57 AM
What a great win for Aravane :worship: :bounce:
Was very happy to see this result when I got home last night :D

Stevecw
May 10th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Wow, great win Aravane! :eek: Totally didn't expect her to beat JH.

Was it televised or streamed? Anyone have a video? :ras:

No wasn't on tv or stream :( Livestream only started today, so I would be surprised if there is any video of it.
Pity as I'm sure we all would love to see how it happened :)

Drine
May 10th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Aravane's playing tomorrow on the ASV court, last match of the day ;)

Good luck Aravane :bounce:

Paris75
May 10th, 2010, 08:32 PM
According to a friend of mine who was there, Aravane was impressive! Despite her double faults, everytime she had he opportunity she could hit a perfect winner, Henin was running all the time and was not agressive enough just because Aravane didnt let her play!

So Im very happy to hear that Aravane played massive tennis (and not just faults from Henin!)

Tomorrow against Safina, it will be very intersting, there will be a stream hopefully!
She has a shot, she just has to stay focus as she said in an interview! Vamos Aravane and again well done! :hearts::kiss:

Kipling
May 10th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the report, Strastib! It sounds like Aravane really played well! In past interviews after close losses to top players, she's always said that she'd wished she had been more aggressive, and taken more chances, so it's really wonderful to hear that she is evolving her tactics and learning from her experiences!

I think the match against Safina will be much different than last year at RG. Aravane was noticeably tired in that match, after winning five matches the week before and then playing some tough matches in the first three rounds at RG. Plus, Dinara was on a real hot streak. I think things are much different this time around, and I really think Aravane can win this one!

Allez, Aravane!!! Best wishes!

Stevecw
May 10th, 2010, 09:14 PM
This is a great chance for Aravane. She has to be confident after this win, and Safina is struggling to find form.

I really fancy Aravane to win this one in 2!!! :)

Drine
May 10th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Well surprise, surprise, Aravane's gonna meet Zakopalova and not Safina :bounce:

Kipling
May 10th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know anything about Zakopalova's game. With Safina, Aravane could at least count on some pace coming back at her, and she tends to play best against those kinds of players. Otoh, it's really nice draw that's opened up for her now, and it would be a shame not to take advantage. C'mon, Aravane! You can do it! I believe in you. :)

Alizé Molik
May 11th, 2010, 02:04 AM
actually Zakopalova hits it really flat, so this will be a good match up for Aravane I think, lots of mid paced balls.

WhatTheDeuce
May 11th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Love that matchup for Aravane, I expect good things. Allez!

Drine
May 11th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Aravane advances to the next round, she wins against Zakopalova 6-3 7-5 :bounce:

améliemomo
May 11th, 2010, 08:26 PM
well done aravane!!:hearts:

who's next?:devil::cool:

Iceland
May 11th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Comfortable win :yeah: Zakopalova actually scored decent wins in this tournament. It could have been easier if Aravane took each of her opportunities but what matters is the win without much effort! :)
Hope she serves as well as today against Petkovic!

Im glad she is finding her form again before Roland-Garros! She's terribly inconsistent but Aravane is Aravane :hearts: It seems like the Fed Cup experience gave a new impetus to her season.
Allez!

Drine
May 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM
well done aravane!!:hearts:

who's next?:devil::cool:

Petkovic !!!!! Revenge :devil:

Kipling
May 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Petkovic. It'll be tough--she's a tough matchup for Aravane. BUT, if Aravane serves the way she did today she has an excellent opportunity for a QF IMO.