PDA

View Full Version : I have my driving test tomorrow!

Monica_Rules
Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:49 PM
I passed my theory in July with 30 and tomorrow i have my prac test!

I'm quite nervous but i hope i pass at the end of the day its not the end of the world if i fail!

*Izzy*
Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:59 PM
Good luck Myf, and you're right, there's always another chance if you fail. (not that you will) ;)

Remember: Check your blind spot :p

Jetta
Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:01 PM
Good luck! :D

This is so great that it is posted twice on the board :D ;) :p

shirley
Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:16 PM
http://216.40.241.68/otn/blobs/bounce.gif Good Luck http://216.40.241.68/otn/blobs/bounce.gif

gentenaire
Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:26 PM
good luck! Izzy's right, check your blind spot at all times and be aware of one way streets!

Evey
Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Best of luck tomorrow :D I know how if feels, really nervous. Hope you pass :)

:) :bounce: :) :bounce: :)

Nikki
Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:45 PM
Good luck:)

veryborednow
Sep 23rd, 2002, 07:58 PM
OBSERVATIONS on your manoevers, that's what all my friends keep failing on.

LOOOK godammit. and good luck :)

Monica_Rules
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:12 PM
don't worry my monovers are my best things!

Turn in the road and Paralel parking are my best ones!

For some reason though reverse around the corner has gone shit for me!But i can still do it!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:16 PM
Good Luck Monica Rules

Luna_Angel_84
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:02 PM
Eurgh, why the two topics about it? I said good luck at the other one btw! :kiss:

veryborednow
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:38 PM
isn't turn in the road so much fun :) :p

plus, i pased with 32, nah nah nah nah nah nah!! :p

(it had to be said)

vw43
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:43 PM
Good Luck! However, I am embarassed to admit that I failed my driving test the first time. I had this big, fat mean old lady that failed me for not coming to a complete stop at a YIELD sign...uhm...hello? If I were supposed to completely stop wouldn't it be a STOP sign?

I'm still not over that and I'm 27..:o

ktwtennis
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:46 PM
I have mine in a month and a half...GOOD LUCK!!!

*Izzy*
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by veryborednow
isn't turn in the road so much fun :) :p

plus, i pased with 32, nah nah nah nah nah nah!! :p

(it had to be said)

I think it should also be said my driving instructor got me to apply for my theory today cos I passed my practice ones with 34 and 31 ;)

[end of own trumpet blowing]

Btw, apparently in November they're bringing in a new bit to the theory test- a hazard perception thing.

Good luck again Myf :p

JasonW
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:53 PM
I had mine on saturday. Down here in country, old, South Georgia the test is a piece of cake. We drive around the block at speed limit and we pass
And we don't have a written test for teh license. No parallel parking, no reverse, no nuthing.

veryborednow
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:54 PM
i heard about the hazard protection thing, something to do with clicking things when hazards came up... just randomly during the test.... so that's be 2 theory tests and one practical.

they really don't want you on the roads do you :p

*Izzy*
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:00 PM
Is that really so surprising? ;)

you have not seen my hill starts :o

Oasiatic
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:03 PM
Do you have to use road signals and stuff? Like sticking your arm out the window to signal a turn etc? I did and I didn't even know them so word of advice. Put on the A/c and give the examiner some comfort. They'll forget all about the hand signals. Also try not to forget the handbrake when on a hill :blushes:

I'm a very good driver! really! lol.

Anyways, good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine. :bounce:

selesadmirer
Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:25 PM
best of luck,put your mind to it and anything can be achieved.

Monica_Rules
Sep 24th, 2002, 09:58 AM
I failed:sad:

I had 4 minor faults and 2 serious!

The 2 serious was according to the mean old man!I coasted into a juntion!:rolleyes: and 3 times i can to a roundabout and did not look right:eek:

Its really annoying cos i knew i was so close to passing!

matthias
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:13 PM
oh no, i feel sorry for you.

as i did my driver test for trucks, i failed once too
but 3 days later i get it.

don´t look back
i´m sure you will get it next time :wavey:

gentenaire
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear it! Driving tests here are usually a rip-off. Take lots of classes (and pay them money) and they let you pass first time around (as long as you don't make any mistakes). People who don't take classes often have to take the test more than once.

I see you have to do the hill start too! When I took my test, I was so nervous. I remember it well, there I was, on the hill, doing everything I thought I should be doing, genlty released the brake, started hitting the gas...and the car was going backwards!! LOL! Then the examinator calmy said "perhaps you could put the car in first gear?" :o
Fortunately he realised it was because I was nervous. I didn't make any other mistakes during the test so I passed. I must say though that I'd practiced an awful lot.

gentenaire
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Jason, that reminds me of a friend of mine who kept on failing for his driving test here. He went on a holiday to the States, took the driving test there and passed right away. That license is actually valid over here.

veryborednow
Sep 24th, 2002, 03:47 PM
They always are harsher to the men, blame the twats that are your age group who cause all the accidents :p

bad luck

Evey
Sep 24th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear that you failed. I know how you feel, knowing that you were sooo close to passing. I felt like that on my second attempt i should have passed but made a stupid mistake and he failed me but i never gave up and booked another test a few days later.

You'll get it next time :D

AmErIcAn
Sep 24th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Driver's Ed was a nightmare. My 1st 2 fails were too.

Im sure you will be more focused than i was and will pass next time for sure!

Keep going! :kiss:

*Izzy*
Sep 24th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear it Myf, please don't tell us it was failure to check blind spot as well ;)

Better luck next time, at least now you know what to practice so you won't do it next test :)

Double Fault
Sep 24th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Sorry you did not pass. Coasting up to a junction is a serious error??? News to me, but not looking right at a roundabout is not good.

Better luck next time, but I can tell you that you'lll not use most of the crap they teach you once you've passed. Unless there's a police car nearby of course.

Monica_Rules
Sep 24th, 2002, 10:04 PM
I thought i'd done wrong on the coasting thing but thinking about the not looking right thing at round a bouts how he got that i don't know cos if i wasn't looking right i would have not know there was cars coming so thats a bit of a :mad:

Luna_Angel_84
Sep 24th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Eurgh, hard luck. Don't worry though cos it took my friend Laura 3 times to pass the damn thing and she's a great driver. She even managd to get me to an exam without sending us both into a tree. :D

anabel
Sep 24th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Sorry.

Better luck next time :)