PDA

View Full Version : Angelika Roesch withdrew.

Benny
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:42 AM
Angelika Roesh has withdrawn and Evie Dominikovic will take her place in the main draw as a lucky loser.

I got this info from www.sanexwta.com:)

V.Melb
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:53 AM
pethetic.
Evie harldy deserves the spot!
She'e playing about 5% of what she is capable.
Sorry, but it is soooo damn frustrating watching comeone with her level of ability...... racking up a losing record. Her win/loss record is very bad..... mostly losses. This year - worse.
BUT. She has a big booming serve..... heavy heavy groundies (I will never forget seeing her smack some shots ages ago against Dokic in Aus) ..... apart from court movement .... i like her game...... I don't think she deserves the LL untill she lifts her game. Losing that easily to Liggan who isn't a prospect at all is rather pathetic......especially with that scoreline. Also Evie was pushed quite hard by a local player Liza Andriyani ..... who i can't ever recall playing outside a 10k challenger.

Anyways...... Lets hope Evie can do something with this oppurtunity.... :rolleyes:

V.Melb
Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:57 AM
Oh, and i will be VERY shocked if she beats Ruano who is to consistent for her.
But i honestly hope she does.... even though i quite like Ruano ..... I just want Evie to have a quality win! - she hasn't really had any this year.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:03 AM
wondering if she didn't want to spoil her record ;) in WTA events

bet she is trying to locate Elena D

go Evie ;)

Benny
Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:59 AM
I agree V.Melb.
I like Evie soooooo much but she hasn't done anthing at all this year.
She has the capability to do damage to top 50 players but she is loosing to players outside the top 100.
Lets hope she can take this oppurtunity and get some wins:):)

TS
Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:21 PM
Benny...make that to players outside the top *200*

vixen, its not Evie's fault she got the LL spot. What do you mean she doesnt deserve it? She is the highest ranked loser in the final round, whats she going to do, turn it down? ;) hehe

Anyway, I agree with what you say....it is damn frustrating seeing her self destruct like this :( Truth is, she is now without a coach (I suspect that has something to do with her her missing the entire US summer pre the US Open) and Evie is the type of player that needs guidance. Her ranking is dropping and its a sorry sight to see :( Kelly Liggan has been posting some good results lately but to lose like that to her, is quite dodgy. Lets hope she can take this opportunity but I strongly doubt it too :rolleyes: Its especially tough for me as she is one of my 3 favorite players on the whole tour :(

marsha
Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:36 PM
Does anyone know *why* Angelika withdrew? Is she hurt? (Hope not!)

BUT.... I must say, looking at Arantxa's first quarter of the draw, Angelika was the player I was most afraid of -- I saw her play in Montreal and (somewhere else, maybe NYC-?) and I just hated how teneacious and eager she is! *LOL* Jill [Craybas] did manage to beat her in 3 sets in Montreal, but the next time I saw Angelika, she looked stronger and more eager than ever!

Sorry to hear these sad tales about Dominikovic -- I have to hope she doesn't choose *this* tournament to "make her stand" -- who was her coach previous to this and why does she no longer have him/her?

BTW, here is the quarter I was referring to:
7- Gagliardi Emmanuelle[SUI]
Q [Kelly Liggan of Ireland]
--------------
Obata Saori[JPN]
Craybas Jill [USA] [OBATA is already through here]
----------------------
Roesch Angelika[GER] [Now Evie!]
Ruano Pascual Vivi [ESP]
-------------------------------
bye
2- Sanchez-Vicario Arantxa[ESP]