PDA

View Full Version : $50K Phoenix QF: Alexandra Stevenson Ret. to Anna Tatishvili 0-4

Paneru
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Our Queen of Retirements Returns! :worship:

Had me a bit nervous after winning two matches in a row. :cool:

Ferg
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
:eek:

Lulu.
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Alex. :cool:

Good luck in the QF.

hammerhead
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Why are these types of not-very-exciting ITF results posted here in GM?

Does anybody really care what Alexandra "Over the Hill""Just Move on With Your Life" Stevenson does out there in a year-end weak ITF in US where tired players are retiring left and right (there were at least 3 in that tourney today).

Just post under Challengers section, please.

Paneru
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:36 PM

Does anybody really care what Alexandra "Over the Hill""Just Move on With Your Life" Stevenson does out there in a year-end weak ITF in US where tired players are retiring left and right (there were at least 3 in that tourney today).

No thank you.

Sexy Lexy's triumphs must be shared with the world! ;)

Srodgers
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
^^agreeed!
awesome job alex! win the whole thing!

FactsPlease
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:40 PM

Here's an idea: If you're not interested in a certain topic, don't read it.

Anyone who can read English can see this is a thread about Stevenson's result. If you don't want to read about it, then skip over it. Nobody forced you to click on it. Apparently, a lot of people do care.

What a sad person who tries to dictate to others what to talk about, where and how.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Valanga
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:43 PM
OMG, Alex is on fire :eek:

W!MBLEDON
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:46 PM

shut up :)

also sexy lexy :eek:

Michael!
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Nice win, Alexandra!
Still shows from time to time that she is able to play some good tennis, although she wont make it into top 100 again, only a wonder could make that possible!
Too many retirements, too inconsistent, but those results are really nice, always enjoyed to watch her matches! :)

MH0861
Nov 12th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Alex has the tour right where she wants it - retire all year so she's fresh to sweep some events at the end of the year when everyone is tired :rocker2:

IF ONLY THE US OPEN WAS IN EARLY DECEMBER :sobbing:

Valanga
Nov 12th, 2009, 11:02 PM
would it be possible stevenson granted a WC in AO in 2010?

hankqq
Nov 12th, 2009, 11:21 PM
wow 2 matches in a row :eek: :yeah:

hdfb
Nov 12th, 2009, 11:47 PM

Hell to the no. I think they'd rather give it to journeywomen Monique Adamczak and Sophie Ferguson before they could even consider Sexy Lexy.

Valanga
Nov 12th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Hell to the no. I think they'd rather give it to journeywomen Monique Adamczak and Sophie Ferguson before they could even consider Sexy Lexy.

I hope this year no more Jessica Moore

!Gio!
Nov 13th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Good win Alex!!!! keep it up.

spiceboy
Nov 13th, 2009, 12:47 AM

These "journeywomen" have played less tournaments than Sexy "I still remember a young Nadal watching my practice" Lexy this year and still have a much better ranking :tape:

*Jean*
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Lexy :hearts:

The Witch-king
Nov 13th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Alex has the tour right where she wants it - retire all year so she's fresh to sweep some events at the end of the year when everyone is tired :rocker2:

IF ONLY THE US OPEN WAS IN EARLY DECEMBER :sobbing:

smartlex

ArturoAce.
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:00 AM
:yeah:

geoepee
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:14 AM
A-Train! All aboard!

~Eclipsed~
Nov 13th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Wow a second come from behind win and no retirement. Alex. :worship:

Kworb
Nov 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I hope she can lift her ranking high enough to reach AO qualifying :)

Ballbasher
Nov 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Lexy :woohoo:

Just Do It
Nov 13th, 2009, 10:06 AM
:lol: :yeah:

Meteor Shower
Nov 13th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Alex :yeah:

doktor
Nov 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM
:lol:

cn ireland
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Congrats Alex:bounce:!!

Now win the QF;).

Uranium
Nov 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Rebecca just got Sexified:cool:

Not liking her chances against Anna, but come on Lexy:rocker2:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:19 PM

Get over it and don't click on the thread if you don't care about the topic. :rolleyes:

HEJA SLEXY!!!! 3 more to go! No retirements now, for the love of God.

MakarovaFan
Nov 13th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Wow Alez has beaten 2 top 100 players in the last few weeks....keep it up. Also i believe her rank will get her into the Oz Qualies..........btw she lost today 0-4 ret to Anna T

Paneru
Nov 14th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Our Lexy returned!:yippee::hysteric:

MH0861
Nov 14th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Alex back in form :rocker2:

Dave.
Nov 14th, 2009, 02:20 AM
:bigcry:

Ugh. It's impossible to actually root for her or anything. I'll always want a player to make a good comeback and return to where they once were and I was happy when I noticed she'd got this far, but just when you think she won't retire again she does. :lol: Get better soon I guess.

MH0861
Nov 14th, 2009, 03:17 AM
If only Alex played doubles :sobbing:

cellophane
Nov 14th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Oh God :sobbing:

Paneru
Nov 14th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Lexy doesn't have the strength or stamina to play back-to-back matches.

She definitely benefited from the day off between her 1st and 2nd rd matches.

Tennis Fool
Nov 14th, 2009, 04:22 AM
^ Why is this?

Paneru
Nov 14th, 2009, 04:39 AM
^ Why is this?

It's a combo of the shoulder, her lack of fitness, and mental fragility.

darrinbaker00
Nov 14th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Lexy doesn't have the strength or stamina to play back-to-back matches.
I've been telling you that for the last three years!! :fiery:

hecjo24
Nov 14th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Thats her modus operandi! The worst thng is she keeps talking like if she were the #1 in the world.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 14th, 2009, 05:21 AM
what is wrong with this girl xD

this is purely mental. who quits at 0-4. already give up before match is over. this is tennis, not basketball where a 40-0 combat is nearly impossible to overcome.

Wojtek
Nov 14th, 2009, 07:05 AM
she should be banned

Just Do It
Nov 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Alex :bowdown:
BTW She wouldnt retire in the first set if she is not really injured ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 14th, 2009, 08:52 AM
:crying2:

I don't know whether to feel sorry for her or just say it's ridiculous already. Although I gotta say deep down I hope she makes a go of 2010. Her story has some comedic and sentimental value, and I truly do like like Alex as a player. She always had/has very aesthetically pleasing strokes, especially the BH and serve. Plus she has this diva attitude and an ego out of this world lol... I don't know but I find GM more entertaining when Sexy is playing(retiring).

On top of that, we exchanged pleasantries in Montreal and she signed my programme. BFFs. :) lol

~Eclipsed~
Nov 14th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Alex :bowdown:
BTW She wouldnt retire in the first set if she is not really injured ;)

Agreed. One would have to believe this is a legitimate retirement because she's been losing the first set all week badly and has comeback. So if she wasn't really injured, you would think she would wait until she knew she didn't have a chance of winning in the second set. Having said that, she just needs to retire already completely! I mean I know she's delusional, but come on. If her body can't last for more than 2-3 matches in a tourney, how does she expect to make a successful comeback and do anything. Obviously, the shoulder/attitude has put her out of commission. But who knows when she'll actually realize any of this. Hopefully somehow she proves me wrong if she continues playing, her shoulder heals completely and she makes a successful comeback. What a story that would be. :eek:

Ferg
Nov 14th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Her 11th this year!

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 14th, 2009, 10:11 AM
If it is mostly shoulder/back/other injury problem, then I apologize for my statement. Her retirements however are very peculiar, she retires often in first set, retires right before the end of a set or retires when it is extremely close. She is delusional, extremely tenacious, stubborn in the long-run but a quitter in the short-term, or a combination thereof.

W!MBLEDON
Nov 14th, 2009, 11:35 AM
OMFG... sexy lexy... you break my heart :sobbing:

cn ireland
Nov 14th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Surprise surprise, Alex retires again:(!!

Nacho
Nov 14th, 2009, 12:23 PM
this is getting ridiculous

new-york
Nov 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
this is getting ridiculous

nope, this IS ridiculous.

i really thought she would end this run on a good note, aka a complete match.

auntie janie
Nov 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM
If it is mostly shoulder/back/other injury problem, then I apologize for my statement. Her retirements however are very peculiar, she retires often in first set, retires right before the end of a set or retires when it is extremely close. She is delusional, extremely tenacious, stubborn in the long-run but a quitter in the short-term, or a combination thereof.

In the summer of 2008 in her short-lived (and unintentionally hilarious) "comeback" blog on ESPN.com, she announced that her shoulder was healed.

Declan
Nov 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM

I'm interested. Always interested in Alex, and don't have time to search through the Challeneger section.

Stevecw
Nov 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Not again!! This is just crazy!

Valanga
Nov 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
can't she just lose a match properly?

Ellery
Nov 14th, 2009, 05:13 PM
:tape: :hug:

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 14th, 2009, 11:09 PM

Sure if Doctor J buys her a wild card. :tape:

Wawrinka's ass.

hammerhead
Nov 15th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Way to retire, Lexy! You go girl...best retiree out there. So proud of you, you've got years of experience retiring and you just keep getting better and better at it.