PDA

View Full Version : Martina vs Steffi? Who is more blissful?

samsam4087
Nov 12th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Martina vs Steffi? Who is more blissful?

:confused::confused::confused:

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/d/6/2/e/Martina_Navratilova_spends_69f6.jpg

http://gearpatrol.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/louis-vuitton-steffi-graf-andre-agassi.jpg

Caralenko
Nov 12th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Привет
Nov 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Oh goodness! :spit:

This is GOAT spamspam. :worship:

Sam L
Nov 12th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Navratilova. Untainted Grand Slams and career = bliss.

Pops Maellard
Nov 12th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Steffi.

PLP
Nov 12th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hingis or Clijsters,
Definitely more blissful.

Neither Navratilova or Steffi are what I would call 'blissful'
:lol:

Imperfect Angel
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Martina for sure.

With arguments about Steffi's career after Seles' stabbing incident and her husband, Andre's crystal meth controversy, well, blissful her life now that is.:p

Marc23
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Steffi

beecharmer
Nov 12th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, Navratilova for sure - whoring it around, splitting up marriages, drinking from the BJK cup :drool: , bitching about anyone who dares play tennis when she's not in the mix, unretiring every 5 minutes.....you know, before she met Karen she was straight.

lolas
Nov 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Steffi.
Martina strikes me as more intelligent so it's harder for her to be blissful.

hectopascal
Nov 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM

http://newsnbuzz.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/aec80_mn1.jpg

http://gearpatrol.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/louis-vuitton-steffi-graf-andre-agassi.jpg

Going by the pictures you posted, Navratilova looks like a bogan having an argument whilst Steffi is enjoying the high life in the arms of her man with LV bags scattered across the room. No need to be confused :confused:

kiwifan
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:13 PM
When they played they were both miserable shits (well after Martina started taking her legacy seriously and training hard, etc...).

Steffi was quoted many times saying she loved being in America where she could just walk down the street without anyone bothering her, well she's got what she wants.

I think Martina wants just the opposite, she wants to be treated like the female version of Ali or something similar and she's not getting it...she gets tons of respect but she really wants to be worshiped. :tape: :lol: :tape:

pov
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:14 PM
???

LoveFifteen
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Methinks it's time to ban spamspam. :help:

Andy T
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Not enough information to judge. We need to know if Andre still has a crystal meth stash and if so, does he share it with his wife?

Philbo
Nov 12th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Steffi.
Martina strikes me as more intelligent so it's harder for her to be blissful.
I'd agree with this. Higher Intelligence does make one miserable and surly.. Doesnt it LDV???? Is that the reason you are such an A grade moaner?/miserable old whiner? Your vastly superior intellect?

Not enough information to judge. We need to know if Andre still has a crystal meth stash and if so, does he share it with his wife?

OH NO YOU DIDNT GO THERE!!! Love it Andy ;) :angel::angel::devil::devil:

LDVTennis
Nov 12th, 2009, 04:07 PM
How could Martina be blissfull?

She's probably nervous that with Andre's confession the media will now look more closely into the possibility that she used steroids in the 80's. Yeah, those vascular arms were completely natural!

Martina also stands to lose millions of dollars if her former domestic partner prevails in another palimony suit. Then there's the possibility of another tell-all book. Can't wait to hear more about how she wanted to ask the WTA to review Chris' records. :lol:

Then, there's this. It looks like Martina is persona non grata in Florida these days. Explains why she is living in Paris now. Seems her politically-active lesbian friends didn't take too kindly to Martina's lawyers trying to cut out her former partner with the argument that a domestic partnership is not a marriage.

Heck, who even knows how Billy Jean King feels about her today. Seems that when Martina locked out her former partner from her house and changed the locks she also fired Mariaan de Swardt for no cause. Mariaan is a close friend of Billy and her partner.

Then, there's what's left of her broadcasting career. Has she already outworn her welcome at TennisChannel? There's clearly no room for her at CBS, NBC or ESPN. When NBC had to replace Chris in the booth, they went initially with Tracy. When ESPN had a choice between Pam and Martina. They chose Pam. That's saying something. As soon as the next interesting player retires, she's gone. I can imagine the satisfaction Venus Williams fans will have when Venus replaces Martina in the booth.

Finally, Martina's girl-gone-wild behavior seems to be catching up to her. And, to think, this was a woman who claimed in a suit against a gay-branded card that she used to front that the Showtimes series the L-Word put lesbians in a bad light. :lol::lol::lol:

Philbo
Nov 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
How could Martina be blissfull?

She's probably nervous that with Andre's confession the media will now look more closely into the possibility that she used steroids in the 80's. Yeah, those vascular arms were completely natural!

Martina also stands to lose millions of dollars if her former domestic partner prevails in another palimony suit. Then there's the possibility of another tell-all book. Can't wait to hear more about how she wanted to ask the WTA to review Chris' records. :lol:

Then, there's this. It looks like Martina is persona non grata in Florida these days. Explains why she is living in Paris now. Seems her politically-active lesbian friends didn't take too kindly to Martina's lawyers trying to cut out her former partner with the argument that a domestic partnership is not a marriage.

Heck, who even knows how Billy Jean King feels about her today. Seems that when Martina locked out her former partner from her house and changed the locks she also fired Mariaan de Swardt for no cause. Mariaan is a close friend of Billy and her partner.

Then, there's what's left of her broadcasting career. Has she already outworn her welcome at TennisChannel? There's clearly no room for her at CBS, NBC or ESPN. When NBC had to replace Chris in the booth, they went initially with Tracy. When ESPN had a choice between Pam and Martina. They chose Pam. That's saying something. As soon as the next interesting player retires, she's gone. I can imagine the satisfaction Venus Williams fans will have when Venus replaces Martina in the booth.

Finally, Martina's girl-gone-wild behavior seems to be catching up to her. And, to think, this was a woman who claimed in a suit against a gay-branded card that she used to front that the Showtimes series the L-Word put lesbians in a bad light. :lol::lol::lol:

hehe :) Do you think that Steffi has the odd toke on Andre's crystal meth pipe? It would help explain how Steffi has managed to keep her remarkable figure so trim. Crystal Meth after a hit with Andre....What you think??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

LDVTennis
Nov 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
hehe :) Do you think that Steffi has the odd toke on Andre's crystal meth pipe? It would help explain how Steffi has managed to keep her remarkable figure so trim. Crystal Meth after a hit with Andre....What you think??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Something tells me you know a little too much about meth. Not surprised. Fits your profile. Do the initials BB also ring a bell? Come clean! Wait, you can't, can you? --- :wavey:

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Steffi I would imagine. martina doesn't seem like a happy person at all TO ME.

Philbo
Nov 12th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Something tells me you know a little too much about meth. Not surprised. Fits your profile. Do the initials BB also ring a bell? Come clean! Wait, you can't, can you? --- :wavey:

Takes one to know one eh :)

Given Steffi's soulmate's glowing endorsement of it, he made it sound so blissful that it made me wonder whether Ive been missing out on the best high around all these years!!

Wimbledon9
Nov 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
LDVTENNIS it is okay to like or love a player like you do with Steffi Graf but you do not have to trample on another one. Seems like you know everything of Martina have you lived in Florida, Martina had her home in Florida till november 2008 while the break up occured in januari she still has a home in Aspen. So her girlfriend lives in Paris it is natural to live there probably no better place to live in than Paris.And about Agassi he used the drug and not Martina but for you it looks the other way round. Martina still has muscels and veins had them when she was 16 whel if she used from 16 till now she would be unhealthy or dead.Are you sure you know your player wants you to behave like this.

delicatecutter
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I love that picture of Steff and Andre. :hearts:

ETA: I hope Spiceboy sees it and realizes that beards don't take pictures like that. :rolleyes:

Pat Bateman
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Martina, obviously.
She's got a hot young girl while Steffi is stuck with an ugly bald dude.

Pat Bateman
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:15 AM

Hey, the Agassis might be the tennis version of Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston:lol:

Caralenko
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Martina, obviously.

I would totally tap Andre :shrug:

Pat Bateman
Nov 13th, 2009, 07:33 AM

I know where you can get a nice strap-on. ;)

miffedmax
Nov 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I know where you can get a nice strap-on. ;)

Just borrow Serena's. Or TOB's.

Ugh. I can't believe I have to mention Lena's bangs in the same post as a strap-on.

:eek: Now I did it in the same sentence. Please, God, don't let Mommy Vera find out... :scared:

pascal77
Nov 13th, 2009, 01:08 PM
many scandals of Andre have been made public, so how Graf, as his wife, can be that blissful? no way. Martina should be blissful.

miffedmax
Nov 13th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Martina, obviously.

Thank you. It's moments like these that give us ugly old bald dudes the strength to keep on keepin' on.:sport:

That, and Lena's bangs, of course.

Joana
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:04 PM
many scandals of Andre have been made public, so how Graf, as his wife, can be that blissful? no way. Martina should be blissful.

What scandals? He came up with all of that stuff himself.

LDVTennis
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:27 PM
LDVTENNIS it is okay to like or love a player like you do with Steffi Graf but you do not have to trample on another one. Seems like you know everything of Martina have you lived in Florida, Martina had her home in Florida till november 2008 while the break up occured in januari she still has a home in Aspen. So her girlfriend lives in Paris it is natural to live there probably no better place to live in than Paris.And about Agassi he used the drug and not Martina but for you it looks the other way round. Martina still has muscels and veins had them when she was 16 whel if she used from 16 till now she would be unhealthy or dead.Are you sure you know your player wants you to behave like this.

I presented the circumstances in Martina's life. They have been well-documented in the gay press here in the US. I didn't make any of that stuff up.

As to the steroid use, I had to throw it out there because all sorts of people have suspected it for years. There was no testing regime back then.

If Martina were a person of such high moral character, there would be no reason to suspect anything about her. But, she isn't, is she? It's not just that she is catty and disrespectful in her commentary toward other great players. It's that in her own personal affairs she is a hypocrite. For years, she's presented herself as an advocate for gay rights. So, what did she allow her lawyers to do? She allowed them to argue in court documents that in Florida domestic partnerships or committed relationships of any duration between same-sex partners are not marriages and therefore do not qualify for the same remedies at the time of dissolution as marriages. BRAVO, Martina. If gay people, specifically a well-known lesbian like Martina, don't value their partnerships even in the event of dissolution, why should we expect the states and federal government to do it.

But, that's the kind of person we are dealing with. And, it puts all the rest of it in a new light. Suddenly, it doesn't seem so unbelievable to think that Martina's public comments about Steffi or the William's sisters say more about her than they do about Steffi or the William's sisters. When you are as disingenuous as Martina has proven to be in ending her own relationships, one can no longer take anything she says at face value.

Wimbledon9
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:34 PM
LDTV What about all the straight people who marry and divorce thereare millions of them. Say what you want but Martina is not married legally and that is what counts for her. In my country she could marry if she wants. So Martina is catty how about yourself?

LDVTennis
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hey, the Agassis might be the tennis version of Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston:lol:

More like Ronald and Nancy Reagan. Haters, prepare for your heads to explode.

It seems like Andre wants to go into politics. Apparently, Harry Reid (US Senator from Nevada) asked Andre to run for Congress last year, but Andre said he wasn't ready. Some people have speculated that Andre's book is an attempt to clear the air before he does run for office.

Got the body bag ready, haters. Now, open it up and make sure you fit. If Andre were to make a successful run at politics, you could be calling Steffi first lady of the United States in the future. We live in a great country.

--- :lol::lol::lol:

Wimbledon9
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Some more thoughts, there are a lot of gay people who say Martina is right, why pay taxes as a single and not get all of the advantages of a so called married person if you can only marry in a couple of states. Maybe you now that Martina has not said anything about this case, we only heard the vitriol of her partner. I would not want to be "married to such a person".

LDVTennis
Nov 13th, 2009, 06:17 PM
LDTV What about all the straight people who marry and divorce thereare millions of them. Say what you want but Martina is not married legally and that is what counts for her. In my country she could marry if she wants. So Martina is catty how about yourself?

Very well, if that is the game she wants to play, then she shouldn't expect any respect from the gay community in the US.

LDVTennis
Nov 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Some more thoughts, there are a lot of gay people who say Martina is right, why pay taxes as a single and not get all of the advantages of a so called married person if you can only marry in a couple of states. Maybe you now that Martina has not said anything about this case, we only heard the vitriol of her partner. I would not want to be "married to such a person".

The choice of partners in this case is immaterial. Gay people are no better than straight people when it comes to their spousal choices.

As to the tax situation, not sure I am getting what you are saying. Here is what I know: A domestic partnership of two men or two women pays more taxes than a married couple (man and woman) who file jointly. The two men or two women have to file as single, tax payers. So, they end up giving more of their money to the US government that then turns around and denies them the right to marry.

So, not sure how Martina's wanting to stiff her former partner is right because of the tax situation. There's nothing right about the tax situation when it comes to domestic partnerships.

Pat Bateman
Nov 13th, 2009, 09:50 PM
More like Ronald and Nancy Reagan. Haters, prepare for your heads to explode.

It seems like Andre wants to go into politics. Apparently, Harry Reid (US Senator from Nevada) asked Andre to run for Congress last year, but Andre said he wasn't ready. Some people have speculated that Andre's book is an attempt to clear the air before he does run for office.

Got the body bag ready, haters. Now, open it up and make sure you fit. If Andre were to make a successful run at politics, you could be calling Steffi first lady of the United States in the future. We live in a great country.

--- :lol::lol::lol:

No haters here,mate :scratch: Unless you're looking in a mirror :lol:

samsam4087
Nov 16th, 2009, 04:48 AM

yes, right

:worship::worship::worship:

samsam4087
Dec 10th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Martina, obviously.

azinna
Dec 10th, 2009, 02:50 PM
What scandals? He came up with all of that stuff himself.

Exactly. None of the stuff we've gotten should be anxiety-producing for the couple. The "tell-all" is probably part of some transition-to-bliss therapeutic regimen that Andre's gotten both of them in. You know, make peace with your past in order to ensure a peaceful future...

PLP
Dec 10th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Martina, obviously.

Andre is hotter now than he was when he was younger IMHO. Andre and Steffi are a beautiful couple.
:drool:

Philbo
Dec 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I didnt realise til I read Andre's autobiography that Steffi also did the dirty on her BF, the racing car driver.. She started dating Andre whilst still with her BF of over 6 years. Who knew Steffi has such shady moral character?

My tennis insider friend also tells me that part of the ploy of Andre writing his book, besides the fact that he and Perry lost millions on land deals in Idaho and Ohio and needed money, he also provided a couple of other interesting points:
1) Agassi's admission was cleverly timed so he could avoid any prosecution, as the admission has come out conveniently a year after the statute of limitations on potential prosecution has passed..

2) deflects any focus on real questions of steroid use during his successful years

Just a couple of interesting tidbits.. I hope Andre didnt blow all Steffi's money as well in his bad land deals in Idaho and Ohio...

LDVTennis
Dec 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
What the gays have been reading about Martina Navratilova:

Navratilova in Settlement Feud with Ex
by Julie Bolcer

The former partner of Martina Navratilova wants a monetary settlement she considers fair, or else she will reveal the tennis legend's deepest secrets , reports the New York Post.

"There are a lot of skeletons in Martina's closet," Toni Layton told the Page Six gossip sheet. "It is more like a storage facility full of them, and I know them all." [Could there be a bottle of steroids in that closet? --- :lol::lol::lol:]

Layton left her husband for Navratilova, and the couple lived together in Florida.

[...] "Navratilova is using Florida's failure to recognize gay marriage to her advantage," said Layton's spokesman, Gary Smith. [Imagine that, Martina Navratilova lesbian hypocrite.]

"We are standing up for gay rights in this case," said Raymond Rafool, the lawyer for Layton. "Toni has the right to obtain a fair settlement the same as if she were the spouse in a traditional marriage."

(http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2009/04/13/Tennis_Great_Navratilova_in_Settlement_Feud_with_E x/)

Philbo
Dec 16th, 2009, 04:21 PM
LDV - If you were to ever receive confirmation from a reliable enough source that you were convinced it was true that Steffi had a lesbian lover on tour for a number of years and that she was bisexual, would that increase your respect for her or would you lose respect for her or would your opinion remain the same, unaffected etc?

Just curious...

irma
Dec 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM
LDV - If you were to ever receive confirmation from a reliable enough source that you were convinced it was true that Steffi had a lesbian lover on tour for a number of years and that she was bisexual, would that increase your respect for her or would you lose respect for her or would your opinion remain the same, unaffected etc?

Just curious...

In that case I hope it would be Monica or Nav (even when just for a one night stand)

I would do :haha: for a week!

LDVTennis
Dec 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Just curious...

Here's two questions for you:

Seeing how Martina has turned out to be a hypocrite when it comes to the subject of gay marriage, have you (as a gay man) lost some respect for Martina? YES or NO?

And, what about Martina's habit of breaking up heterosexual marriages? First, Judy Nelson's and now Toni Layton's? Has knowledge of that increased your respect for Martina or has your opinion of her remained the same? YES or NO?

Just curious...

Wimbledon9
Dec 16th, 2009, 09:44 PM
The husband of Judy Nelson was as a doctor fooling around with nurses the classic story. Judy went after Martina more than the other way around. Only after the split up with Martina Judy was honest enough to say so in her books she wrote to make more money of Martina. Martina kept quiet over this story during the relationship and took all the flack. Now about Toni Layton she is weird she said in the English tabloid Daily Mail she was in a marriage of convience with this guy the marriage was never consumated. Of course she did not want to say more abouth this case, no she only wants to reveal a lot of things about Martina.Maybe we can conclude that he husband is gay and Toni Layton is a lesbian but maybe she made this all up as she did more things. Martina would have been better of is she would not have met this person. So in both cases things are different than they look.What about gay marriages there are only 4 states where gay can marry and than you go back to your own state and it has no value. Gay marriage should count for the whole country like in my country the Netherlands the first country I am proud to say with the gay marriage. So Martina lived in Texas from the seventies, Colorado and Florida all without gay marriage and according to you she does this deleberate. It is only possible for a few years to marry in a few States so give the lady a break. This Toni seems to have been married with this guy for 5 of the 7 years she was with Martina. I do not think you can be married with one of each species of the human kind at the same time.

Wimbledon9
Dec 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
By the way LDVTENNIS what a miserable and hateful person you are. Do you only see Steffi Graf as gods'given person because I do not see it. Neither is Martina they are only human beings.

LDVTennis
Dec 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM
The husband of Judy Nelson was as a doctor fooling around with nurses the classic story. Judy went after Martina more than the other way around. Only after the split up with Martina Judy was honest enough to say so in her books she wrote to make more money of Martina. Martina kept quiet over this story during the relationship and took all the flack. Now about Toni Layton she is weird she said in the English tabloid Daily Mail she was in a marriage of convience with this guy the marriage was never consumated. Of course she did not want to say more abouth this case, no she only wants to reveal a lot of things about Martina.Maybe we can conclude that he husband is gay and Toni Layton is a lesbian but maybe she made this all up as she did more things. Martina would have been better of is she would not have met this person. So in both cases things are different than they look.What about gay marriages there are only 4 states where gay can marry and than you go back to your own state and it has no value. Gay marriage should count for the whole country like in my country the Netherlands the first country I am proud to say with the gay marriage. So Martina lived in Texas from the seventies, Colorado and Florida all without gay marriage and according to you she does this deleberate. It is only possible for a few years to marry in a few States so give the lady a break. This Toni seems to have been married with this guy for 5 of the 7 years she was with Martina. I do not think you can be married with one of each species of the human kind at the same time.

Nice try to make Martina look good, but here's the problem:

Judy was happily reconciled with her husband at the time she met Martina. See this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/celebrity/article-1088400/Martina-win-Im-A-Celebrity--says-controversial-ex-lover-end-tennis-stars-savage-divorce.html.

As to who went after whom? If you read the article at that link, it seems like there was no premeditation on the part of either Martina or Judy. It just happened. If that is the case, the person who should have known better was Martina. It was no secret to her that Judy was married. Martina was invited to stay at Judy's house with her two sons and husband when she got injured in 1984. Martina was the home wrecker.

As for Toni Layton, you forgot a crucial detail about their relationship. They were together for 8 years. If Martina was a man, their relationship in some states would be considered a common law marriage and thus subject to dissolution by a formal divorce.

As to gay marriage, what point are you trying to make? Are you actually arguing that Martina as a lesbian and advocate for gay rights shouldn't have to hold herself up to a higher standard because gay marriage is not recognized by every state? So, in your mind, on one hand, Martina can speak at gay rallies about fighting for gay rights and on the other hand she should be able to end her relationship with a partner of 8 years as if that partner were nothing more than a housekeeper. In the eyes of Florida's laws, perhaps, but not in the eyes of the gay people whose adulation Martina has tried to earn with her public stance on gay rights. That makes one a hypocrite.

Philbo
Dec 17th, 2009, 04:07 PM

Seeing how Martina has turned out to be a hypocrite when it comes to the subject of gay marriage, have you (as a gay man) lost some respect for Martina? YES or NO?

And, what about Martina's habit of breaking up heterosexual marriages? First, Judy Nelson's and now Toni Layton's? Has knowledge of that increased your respect for Martina or has your opinion of her remained the same? YES or NO?

Just curious...

Now why would I answer you when you ignored my question?

Philbo
Dec 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM

HEHEHE, LDV is just in 'damage control' mode and trying to blacken Martina's name ahead of people discussing the fact that Graf did the dirty on her BF of 6 years and started dating Agassi before she had broken it off with him... Its called clutching at straws and is actually rather entertaining to behold...

LDVTennis
Dec 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Now why would I answer you when you ignored my question?

No one expected you too. The fix was in. ;)

Philbo
Dec 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM
No one expected you too. The fix was in. ;)
:)
Merry xmas LDV!

LDVTennis
Dec 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
HEHEHE, LDV is just in 'damage control' mode and trying to blacken Martina's name ahead of people discussing the fact that Graf did the dirty on her BF of 6 years and started dating Agassi before she had broken it off with him... Its called clutching at straws and is actually rather entertaining to behold...

What damage control? Do you actually think that anything Andre revealed about Steffi in his book made her look bad? Have you read the book? She's figuratively Daphne to his Apollo, except this Apollo catches her. Every review of the book I've read has concluded that Steffi is the primary object of admiration in the book. And, considering her competition in the book, Brooke Shields and Barbra Streisand, that's quite a position of honor.

By the way, Andre's book is still in the top 20 of Amazon's Best Seller's List. On the New York Times Best Sellers List, it is still in the top 5 of Nonfiction books. It also appeared if I remember correctly in the New York Times List of the 100 Best Books of the Year. For comparison purposes, Serena's book is not on any of these lists.

But, you keep comforting yourself with the fact that none of this means that Martina's spotlight has dimmed. After all, if Martina doesn't cough up some serious money, Toni Layton has promised to tell us all of Martina's dark secrets. Now that should be entertaining. Or, not. --- :lol:

LDVTennis
Dec 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM
:)
Merry xmas LDV!

It was fun grappling with you this year. Enjoy your Holidays.

Philbo
Dec 18th, 2009, 08:32 AM
What damage control? Do you actually think that anything Andre revealed about Steffi in his book made her look bad? Have you read the book?

I have read the book, found it an enjoyable read. But yes, I do think the fact that Graf started seeing Agassi before she had broken it off with her boyfriend made her look bad. Agassi glossed over the fact, but still couldnt hide it that Graf had to return to germany to take care of 'unfinished business' (breaking up with him) AFTER they'd spent quite a bit of time together.

Having said that, I will say I really enjoyed reading the bits about how they got together. Agassi did a great job (well JD who really wrote the book) did a great job of conveying the 'disconnect' that always existed between Agassi and Shields, and the seemingly perfect fit he had with Graf from day 1. I found their courtship quite romantic to read about.... Steffi does make a great housewife by the sound of Andre...

bia
Dec 18th, 2009, 09:36 AM
C'mon guys, stop fighting now.

irma
Dec 18th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I have read the book, found it an enjoyable read. But yes, I do think the fact that Graf started seeing Agassi before she had broken it off with her boyfriend made her look bad. Agassi glossed over the fact, but still couldnt hide it that Graf had to return to germany to take care of 'unfinished business' (breaking up with him) AFTER they'd spent quite a bit of time together.

Having said that, I will say I really enjoyed reading the bits about how they got together. Agassi did a great job (well JD who really wrote the book) did a great job of conveying the 'disconnect' that always existed between Agassi and Shields, and the seemingly perfect fit he had with Graf from day 1. I found their courtship quite romantic to read about.... Steffi does make a great housewife by the sound of Andre...

But Willi Bartels already told the Bild how Steffi choose Andre above his son and the dog in september 1999. So it's not a new story

But Andre is writing about how Steffi on their first feels ashamed that she is in the room with Andre while she has a boyfriend so I don't think Andre is making her look that bad. He could not have written that their first date only happened in New York because everybody knew their first date was in San Diego.

Pat Bateman
Dec 22nd, 2009, 04:58 AM
In that case I hope it would be Monica or Nav (even when just for a one night stand)

I would do :haha: for a week!

Well, Steffi was banging Rennae Stubbs back in the day.;)

Talula
Dec 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM

http://newsnbuzz.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/aec80_mn1.jpg

That's a publicity shot for Louis Vuitton. While it's very fetching, I bet neither Steffi or Andre look like that or even behave like that in reality!

Talula
Dec 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM

Just curious...

:lol:I don't think you would like living in Europe LDV - gay marriage is now legally enshrined across the EU! As are gays in the military!

No doubt that gave you palpitations and you may even have had to have a lie down or at least reach for the Ronald Reagan book of quotes and piccies for solace, but rest in peace that I'm sure America will never stand for the shenanigans of the EU (apart from Hawai!)

Sombrerero loco
Dec 22nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
navratilova!!

samsam4087
Jun 25th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Martina is the greatest!

calou
Jun 25th, 2010, 11:16 AM
if you see some pics on Faceboook, you could see Martina's very happy with Julia:hearts::hearts:

Harvs
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:05 PM
i think the real question is... who uses the word "blissful" anymore?

RenaSlam.
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Graf

laurie
Jun 25th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Is SamSam still around?

samsam4087
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Is SamSam still around?

YES.

Anabelcroft
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Graf!

Midnight_Robber
Jun 26th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Graf. There is just something lovely about the older Steffi, and she just radiates contentment. She seems to like her life and isn't hankering after her tennis days whereas Nav always looks sour and out of sorts about something or the other and seizes the first opportunity to complain. But then, unpleasant people are rarely happy.

Pat Bateman
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:33 AM
^^^Put your claws back in. Martina is very happy these days (with good reason, if you've seen pics of her girlfriend).:drool:
Jana Novotna, among others, have confirmed that Steffi was a grim, unpleasant person during her playing days. She looks content now because she was so visibly miserable before.

mckyle.
Jun 27th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Shit, this thread was way too fucking much :haha: How did I miss it the first time around??

irma
Jun 27th, 2010, 05:54 AM
^^^Put your claws back in. Martina is very happy these days (with good reason, if you've seen pics of her girlfriend).:drool:
Jana Novotna, among others, have confirmed that Steffi was a grim, unpleasant person during her playing days. She looks content now because she was so visibly miserable before.

Yeah afterall Novotna was the most pleasant person at the time herself just ask ASV :tape:

Pat Bateman
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:02 AM
^^^Irrelevant.

moby
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:04 AM
The whole thread is irrelevant anyway.

How is happiness a competition? - which is essentially what this discussion is coming to.

Pat Bateman
Jun 27th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I know, people start these dumb threads and it's hard not to get sucked in. It's like coming across a bad car crash on the highway, impossible to look away from.