PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Schedule (Fall 2002)

Robbie.
Sep 23rd, 2002, 02:40 AM
This is Amanda's upcoming schedule....

Moscow, Russia - Sep. 30 - Oct. 6 (I)
Filderstadt, Germany - Oct. 7-13 (II)
Luxembourg, Luxembourg - Oct. 21-27 (III)

As I stated in another thread, I do think it is an odd schedule. Amanda will not be seeded in either of these tourneys and virtually all the top players are playing, so there is little scope for her to go far in these tourneys. I thought maybe Amanda would have played Leipzig this week, with a moderate to good field, where she would have been seeded so that she could get reasonably far.

As always I will be supporting Amanda through these tourneys and hoping she can pull the upset or two ;)

GO AMANDA!!!!!

Zamboni
Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:04 PM
Maybe she wants to go for the quality points ;)

I agree it's a weird schedule, but you could also say it shows she still has a lot of confidence in her game!

Robbie.
Sep 24th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Very true....she obviously still believes that she can compete at this elite level :)

Zamboni
Sep 24th, 2002, 02:56 PM
6 days :)

Robbie.
Sep 25th, 2002, 07:34 AM
The schedule has been updated to include right through until the season :)

Well Amanda has a good chance to pick up some points in Luxembourg where she reached the semis last year :)

Zamboni
Sep 25th, 2002, 04:39 PM
If she reached the semis there, she's also got a good chance to lose some points :(

But I hope she can gain points the coming weeks! :)

redrocket
Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:23 AM
She is also in the qualifying for Zurich the last time that I checked the Michael Blue site. That means 4 weeks in a row for her of some tough tennis. Go Amanda in Moscow!

Zamboni
Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:16 AM
qualifying? :o :eek: :o :eek:

awwwww!

Robbie.
Oct 4th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Well I guess my original statement has been proved wrong ;) But I have never been so happy to be wrong ;)

Semifinals in Moscow and hopefully more wins to come :)

Zamboni
Oct 4th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Lol, maybe you just jinxed her the other way around ;) That bcos you said that she's doing so well now ;)

Robbie.
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:58 AM
oh i hope i didn't jinx her :( :rolleyes:

*crossing fingers* for a good draw next week :)

Zamboni
Oct 6th, 2002, 05:01 PM
lol, well I'd be happy if your statement made her play this well ;)

The draw sucks, but that doesn't have to be a problem :angel:

A match between our favs might be coming up in the 2nd round :)

Robbie.
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Well, that tourney is over ;) onto zurich and another tough draw. Will face Kim now in second round after strong win over Farina.

Then onto Luxembourg where seeded #3

Currently positioned at #21 in the championships race, *fingers crossed* that she can make it top 20 for the 11th consecutive year :)

Zamboni
Oct 16th, 2002, 05:47 PM
"should" be possible to make top 20, but never be happy too soon! ;)

Robbie.
Oct 18th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Well this weeks it over :(

Next week will be her final week of the year unless she does something real special and can somehow make the championships.

I will be happy with a few wins and another top 20 finish :) Go Amanda!

Zamboni
Oct 18th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Go Amanda! Make it in Luxemburg! :cool: