PDA

View Full Version : Maria and Venus to mark Hua Hin celebration

Vaidisova Ruled
Nov 11th, 2009, 03:29 PM
The Lawn Tennis Association of Thailand under the patronage of His Majesty the King and the city of Hua Hin are proud to present the Hua Hin Centennial Invitation tennis match between tennis superstars Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams.

The Hua Hin Centennial Invitation will be held at Centennial Park, Hua Hin on Saturday 2 January 2010 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the seaside resort and usher in the New Year in exciting fashion with two of the most popular tennis players in the world.

Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams have been two of the most dominant presences in women's tennis for the last decade. Between them they have won an amazing 10 Grand Slam, and 61 WTA, singles titles. Their rivalry is intense and their head-to-head record stands at three wins each.

Maria will be celebrating New Year's Eve at the new InterContinental Resort, Hua Hin and said, "I am delighted to be able to spend my New Year in Hua Hin, Thailand. I am sure it will be an exciting time and I am looking forward to competing in the Centennial Invitation."

Venus is also looking forward to competing in Thailand again. "I have very fond memories of my previous visits to Thailand and am really looking forward to returning for the Centennial Invitation match in Hua Hin," she said.

President of the Lawn Tennis Association, Mr. Suwat Lipatapanlop said he was delighted that the two tennis superstars had chosen to start their new year in Thailand. "Maria and Venus are amazing players and fantastic people, and they were delighted to have the opportunity to return to Thailand to play for the Thai people and celebrate the new year in Hua Hin," Khun Suwat added.

After their singles match, Maria and Venus will combine with local stars Paradorn Srichaphan and Danai Udomchoke for a set of mixed doubles.

Tickets for the Hua Hin Centennial Invitation go on sale at all Thaiticketmajor outlets and Major Hua Hin from 21 November.

(Maria's official website)

Doc
Nov 11th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Maria and Venus will share New year in Thailand. Should be fun

Vaidisova Ruled
Nov 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Maria and Venus will share New year in Thailand. Should be fun

and then Hong Kong too

Julian.
Nov 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Maria should ask Venus for a date or something.

pka_liloo
Nov 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
:lol: Maria will not rest till she becomes a member of Williams family

Miss Amor
Nov 11th, 2009, 04:18 PM
:lol:

V's a star
Nov 11th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Maria always gets whupped by Vee in Exhibitions. Should be good :devil:

Elegante
Nov 11th, 2009, 08:33 PM
this should be good hope better than the last Thai exhibition

drake3781
Nov 11th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Enjoy your all expenses paid trips to this beautiful place. And your checks for the exho. Wonder how much it pays.... anybody know?

Take some day trips and see the fascinating country!

And enjoy all the wonderful food and food culture of Thailand.

==============================================

History

While the beaches of Phuket and Samui were discovered only recently and have since undergone rapid and sometimes destructive development, Hua Hin has already been the favourite Thai resort for over 70 years.

The resort was discovered in the early 1920s by King Rama VII as an ideal getaway from the sultry metropolis of Bangkok. The tranquil fishing village was turned into the Royal resort and consequently became popular among Siam's nobility and upper-class.

The construction of a railway line from Bangkok ensured its accessibility and popularity with a wider part of the the Thai public.

But it was the resort's royal endorsement which has given Hua Hin a special character of its very own.

In 1928, King Rama VII built his Klai Kangwon (Far From Worries) Palace which remains until this today an official royal residence. It is still frequently used by members of the royal family and is open to the public for visits.

http://www.hua-hin.com/images/hh_hmpalace.jpg

Hua Hin continued to develop in its own leisurely way, both as an aristocratic resort with the added attraction of an 18-hole golf course, and as a fishing port. The Railway Hotel, today's Sofitel Central Hua Hin, was built by the State Railways of Thailand in 1923 in the architectural style of old Siam.

Many of Bangkok's rich and famous built their own beachfront summer homes to the north and south along the curving sandy bay, enjoying leisurely family weekends in a resort which has maintained its unique identity.

Attractions

Today's visitor to Hua Hin will still sense this special atmosphere and old world charm.

Besides sun-filled days on the mile-long beach there are leisure activities for the whole family from watersports to golf. The area around the town let's you discover fabulous parks and peaks, caves and waterfalls.

In the evening the winding roads with a great variety of shops make a great stroll. And the restaurants built on stilts into the sea offer superb seafood in the legendary and unsurpassed preparation of the Thai cuisine.

Thailand Hotels
Hua Hin has all the ingredients for a very special holiday experience.

http://www.frangipani.com/huahin/takiap.jpg

http://huahinpictures.thailand-huahin.com/photos/pg/pg22/P10.JPG

http://huahinpictures.thailand-huahin.com/photos/pg/pg2/P8.JPG

http://huahinpictures.thailand-huahin.com/photos/pg/pg3/P10.JPG

http://huahinpictures.thailand-huahin.com/photos/pg/pg33/P6.JPG

V's a star
Nov 11th, 2009, 08:49 PM

wow thats crazy beautiful wish i actually had money to travel:hysteric:

sweetpeas
Nov 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Nice!

hdfb
Nov 11th, 2009, 10:23 PM
They'd probably share tips on how to beat Serena. :lol:

Miss Amor
Nov 11th, 2009, 10:28 PM

:lol: :lol:

Both of them are on a 4 match losing streak against her :spit:

WIMBLY2004
Nov 12th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Maria always gets whupped by Vee in Exhibitions. Should be good :devil:

Well, last time Maria lost to Venus in an exho, she went on to win the AO, so I don't mind she lose there :angel:

Vlover
Nov 12th, 2009, 01:42 AM
OK. So that is why Venus mentioned being in Thailand and HK on twitter. Most of her fans would rather she played an actual warm up tournament but I guess these exhibitions pay to much to resist.:shrug:

Daniel K
Nov 12th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Sigh Venus

The Witch-king
Nov 12th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Maria should ask Venus for a date or something.

:D :LOL: they'd make a great couple

Mrs. Dimitrova
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I'm celebrating over here. :woohoo:

I'm leaving Thailand on the 10th, however they're coming on the 2, and Hua Hin is only a few hours drive away from Bangkok. And it has one of the nicest beaches, so I guess I'll beg my mother to buy me tickets. :p

This better not be cancelled.

pepaw
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Didn't one of the articles say they got 10 million baht in appearance fees? Thats only US$300,000.

barboza
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
They're out there to get the $$$$$$

Привет
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Why must my 2 top faves NEVER play proper tour tournaments before AO???

:sobbing: Oh well, I can hope for some nice pics of them together or something I suppose. :sad:

Привет
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Oh and Masha and V should team up in the doubles and take on Paradorn and Danai. :devil: Now that'd be worth paying money to watch. :rolls:

jrollaneres25
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Cool! ^_^:bounce:

jrollaneres25
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Oh and Masha and V should team up in the doubles and take on Paradorn and Danai. :devil: Now that'd be worth paying money to watch. :rolls:

I totally agree!

PLP
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Didn't one of the articles say they got 10 million baht in appearance fees? Thats only US$300,000.

Only??

:lol:

Is it just me or does anyone else think Venus gets along much better with Maria than her Serena?
This is a cool idea, should be fun!

Mrs. Dimitrova
Nov 12th, 2009, 01:28 PM
^

Players like Maria and Venus usually get over $1 million for appearance fees. :shrug:

Vlover
Nov 12th, 2009, 02:31 PM
$300,000 for one match that you don't even have to put much effort in plus all the other perks is a good deal. How much does the winner of Sydney gets for playing 5 matches?

Feyd
Nov 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
^

Players like Maria and Venus usually get over $1 million for appearance fees. :shrug:

1 million dollars for an exho match? :lol: That would be daylight (or should I say midnight) robbery. :lol:

GracefulVenus
Nov 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Still wish they would both play AO Warm-Ups

davidmario
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Last time they did this exho in thailand was like one of the worst times in Venuses career. She played terrible tennis back at that time. Lost like 4 and 0 and hit an amazing double fault on matchpoint.
not a good omen.

davidmario
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:45 PM
how cool that would be. vee and maria a stylish lesbian couple:)

davidmario
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:46 PM
haha i don't even know why i keep posting this shit.

Buitenzorg
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:05 PM
would be a great exhibition :)

drake3781
Nov 13th, 2009, 05:15 AM

Kidding, right? :unsure:

We are talking about one day's work, am I correct?

And don't forget that all expenses paid, luxury trip to the King's resort in southern Thailand.

pepaw
Nov 13th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Kidding, right? :unsure:

We are talking about one day's work, am I correct?

And don't forget that all expenses paid, luxury trip to the King's resort in southern Thailand.

I honestly thought their fees would be way higher.

Wilson_07
Nov 13th, 2009, 11:24 AM

maria likes to get beaten by serena...pain is pleasure you know ;)

i think venus likes to play these exhibitions, because there's no pressure on her. she can just try some things out and see how her game works.

The Kaz
Nov 13th, 2009, 11:38 AM

wow thats crazy beautiful wish i actually had money to travel:hysteric:

Its looks beautiful but don't be deceived....it is so humid in Thailand and the temp rarely goes below 26C at night and 35C during the day :tape:

tennis-insomniac
Nov 15th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I won't miss this My new year break with two palyers i love the most
THANK YOU!!!

drgray
Nov 15th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Wonder how much they're getting paid to go... plus a bonus for getting along.. :lol:

The Witch-king
Nov 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM
maria likes to get beaten by serena...pain is pleasure you know

"only the one that inflicts the pain can take it away,
only the one that hurts you... can make you feel better"

V's a star
Nov 15th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Its looks beautiful but don't be deceived....it is so humid in Thailand and the temp rarely goes below 26C at night and 35C during the day :tape:

not to mention the sex trade:tape:

drake3781
Nov 15th, 2009, 11:46 PM
not to mention the sex trade:tape:

Just curious what you know about this personally.

V's a star
Nov 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM

Personally i never been out of canada except lil american towns. So all ive seen are documentaries made by the CBC (canadian broadcasting centre)

slamchamp
Nov 16th, 2009, 12:26 AM
serena will be jealous of venus! :sad:

drgray
Nov 16th, 2009, 01:35 AM

I've been to Thailand and yes, prostitution is very prevalent there. but the govt has taken great steps in fixing the issue. and yes, it was always very hot there.

Mashabator
Nov 16th, 2009, 03:13 AM
is this gunna be televised!?!?! hoping for a stream :D

tennis-insomniac
Nov 16th, 2009, 06:55 AM
is this gunna be televised!?!?! hoping for a stream :D

I'll post the video on youtube, i'm looking forward to going to Hua Hin it's really nice down there the beach is nice and now it's quite a decent place in winter

drake3781
Nov 16th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I've been to Thailand and yes, prostitution is very prevalent there. but the govt has taken great steps in fixing the issue. and yes, it was always very hot there.

Me too. And we both know anybody saying Thailand is too hot or that prostitution will be an issue is looking for ways to find trouble. This will be a beautiful and amazing trip for the players.

V's a star
Nov 16th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Me too. And we both know anybody saying Thailand is too hot or that prostitution will be an issue is looking for ways to find trouble. This will be a beautiful and amazing trip for the players.

i wasnt lookin to find anythin jus stateing a fact..... As i said before id luv to go there depiste what i know, jus stay away from certain areas :shrug:

pepaw
Nov 17th, 2009, 12:24 AM
i wasnt lookin to find anythin jus stateing a fact..... As i said before id luv to go there depiste what i know, jus stay away from certain areas :shrug:

Yeah, I'm sure Maria and Venus will be going into seedy areas of the Bangkok underworld :rolleyes:

You can say the same of any country on earth.

V's a star
Nov 17th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Yeah, I'm sure Maria and Venus will be going into seedy areas of the Bangkok underworld :rolleyes:

You can say the same of any country on earth.

did i say anythin of the sort?? no so stfu. U obviosly havnt seen wat ive seen young girls locked underground in cement cells/there room/life. Where men come in and screw them all day long. And no authorities are trying to stop them atleast wen this film was made. im not bashing thailand im sure theres tons of great people there but its a serious problem more then other places thats wat i was saying

So back the fuck off yall. I no its not nice to hear if ur from that area of the world but its just the facts dont shoot the messenger jus cuz i said something about it :cuckoo: if it doesnt involve u why be so defensive? ur not the bad guy im not the bad guy but those disgusting fucks are

And thats all i got to say on the matter