PDA

View Full Version : 91's - Pav'ova, Oudin, Hercog, Martic, Chang

poorsy
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Do any of these 91's look like potential top ten players or future grand slam champions. I really dont think so. I think Pav might have a chance of getting top 10 when she understands the game better. Oudin, I just dont think will have to firepower. I will be very honest here, I dont know much about the other threes game and would love to hear how they all play. I know that Chang beat Safina at Bejing, but having watched her on youtube, she looked like a poor mans version of Zheng Jies game.

What is even more worrying is that there is not one 92 birthday in the top 200!! The only 93 birthday is de brito and she is a brainless ball basher. Are the womens tour going to have no future stars soon. I have only started to realise how bad this really is. Yikkes

Elegante
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Michelle is not a basher she is a shotmaker and an aggressive puncher at best.

the jamierbelyea
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Kai-Chen Chang's game is nothing close to Jie Zheng. She isn't a counter puncher, she plays closer to big babe tennis then anything else.

iPatty
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Actually there are plenty of young girls rising up the rankings...

Also it's only a matter of time until Christina McHale is Top200 so while 1992 is a relatively weak year, there is still some hope.

simonsaystennis
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Oudin depends on if she can better develop her serve and backhand.
Hercog could win the French, but she's pretty bad on other surfaces.
Haven't seen/heard enough of Chang or Martic to say...
No clue who Pav'ova is...

poorsy
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Pavlyuchenkova

simonsaystennis
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Oooooh. :lol: Then I say if she can straighten out her game, she could win a slam or at least turn into a solid top 10-15 player. She got so high in the ranks so fast... lots of potential there. Seems to not have improved much this year though.

hammerhead
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I think Oudin could be a consistent 50-ish ranked player. Sort of like Jill Craybas or Laura Granville once was.
There's a little more speculation required, but I think Christina McHale '92 could reach this same level.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:43 PM
At this rate, Serena, Venus, Justine, and Kim, and secondarily, Elena (and *cough* Mauresmo) can plan on competing for Grand Slams for 10 more years

iGOAT
Nov 10th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Who the hell is Pav'ova?????

Oudin could be good, so could Chang, so could Martic.

I don't see anything in Hercog though.

AJDE ANA
Nov 10th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Bojana Jovanovski will be great she's 1991. and she's in top 200.
and i dont like oudin because she's not aggressive i dont like her game at all.
Pavlyuchenkova could be a good player, maybe top 20 just to set her mind :)

M.P
Nov 10th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Chang beat Safina in Tokyo not in Beijing

Golovinjured.
Nov 10th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Rogowska.

AnomyBC
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Pavly is definitely future Top 10 material :inlove:

twight6
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Who the hell is Pav'ova?????

Oudin could be good, so could Chang, so could Martic.

I don't see anything in Hercog though.

Pavlyuchenkova :lol:

What does he mean by, "91's"?

iGOAT
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:52 AM

That means the year they're born ;).

But WTF Pav'ova??? Worst nickname EVER!!!

As for her chances, I think she has potential and definitely good mindset, but she seems too inconsistent. A Chakvetadze at best IMO.

Vwilliamsfan1
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:52 AM

They were born in 1991.

Kutuzova
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Pavlyuchenkova has huge potential...I think she will win multiple grandslams and be top 5....She just has to put it together....Has all the shots...Really the next step for her is work on her fitness and get more mentally consistent

NA-GOAT
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Chang is future GS champ and so is Shuai Zhang :dance:

poorsy
Nov 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I watched Hercog on Youtube and it looks like she has quite a big game, she certainly has a big serve! Her backhand is a bit dodgy but that can improve for sure.

Noctis
Nov 10th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Chang has what t takes.just need to cut the choking.and serve better

WhoAmI?
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM
the Juniors champions Noppawan Lertcheewakarn and Simona Halep are also born in 1991, not really sure what to expect from them though.

I have a feeling that Zarina Diyas and Kristina Mladenovic will take over the best *born in 1993* ranking next year..

Hercog has to learn how to play on hard to be ranked high, clay season isn't just long enough to live with. Pavlyuchenkova I guess could be in top 10. Not sure about Oudin and Chang yet.

Vaidisova Ruled
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Pavlyuchenkova, it's only a matter of time now. We'll see if she next year if she is consistent enough to be a very good player (at least)

SELVEN
Nov 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I like Nastya so much ,hope she could enter top 10 ASAP . but I think that Oudin maybe have better future than her.Oudin has very good ability of defensive , also beautiful forehand . She just need some time .