PDA

View Full Version : What tournaments are you planning on attending next year?

Kipling
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Who's going where?

I've got five days in Miami again in '10, as well as a box seat for the week at Ponte Vedra. Also considering a couple of days in NY for the Open. Who else has plans to attend tournaments in person?

Elegante
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM
A few challengers.

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM
eastbourne

possibly paris indoors

this year i went to birmingham

drake3781
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Cincinnati for sure.

I used to travel to others (Charleston x2, Indian Wells, Amelia Island) in years past, but I kinda doubt it this coming year due to my work situation (or should I say, lack-of-work situation :p ).

If things go really well for me work-wise in 2010, maybe Bali?!?! I can dream, :p .

leebeasy
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
this year i went to birmingham

How was that? I'm considering going next year since the tickets are quite cheap.

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:48 PM
well my partner enjoyed it and he's not even a tennis fan so i guess that's a good sign!

it seems like a well organized event: you can watch the players practice, easily get autographs....i attended quarter-finals day on centre court, there weren't many empty seats left, really good atmosphere with a mixed aged group. there was a nice restaurant overlooking one of the courts which offered a good selection of food where you can eat and watch a match at the same time! ;) and there's also a crepe stall selling yummy pancakes, we even got a free one! plus the usual promotional stalls/shops etc

my only problem was that the centre court grass set off my hayfever big time, but the st.john's ambulance crew were very helpful and the site doctor gave me anti-histamines which sorted me right out in time for the sharapova match!

ViceUltramontain
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Probably the French Open once again.

Maybe Luxembourg, never was there but I'm living at only 93 km.

And Metz but that's ATP.

Vaidisova
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Memphis

joe87
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I'll visit Bad Gastein again next year. :)

Maybe Linz and Kitzbühel (Mens) too. :shrug:

leebeasy
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
well my partner enjoyed it and he's not even a tennis fan so i guess that's a good sign!

it seems like a well organized event: you can watch the players practice, easily get autographs....i attended quarter-finals day on centre court, there weren't many empty seats left, really good atmosphere with a mixed aged group. there was a nice restaurant overlooking one of the courts which offered a good selection of food where you can eat and watch a match at the same time! ;) and there's also a crepe stall selling yummy pancakes, we even got a free one! plus the usual promotional stalls/shops etc

my only problem was that the centre court grass set off my hayfever big time, but the st.john's ambulance crew were very helpful and the site doctor gave me anti-histamines which sorted me right out in time for the sharapova match!

Thanks! Sounds good!

frenchie
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Paris OGDF, RG and Luxembourg

Izzie.
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I always go to the US Open, usually 3 sessions or so.
I went to the Pilot Pen this year (and saw Nando and Caro win!) but I don't know if I'm going to go again, it depends if there are players I like there.
Once I am older (I can't even drive...) I will definitely go all over the US for tournaments and perhaps to other Grand Slams.

maxomax
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Quebec City and Montreal for sure!
I went to Quebec City and the Us Open this year...

DragonFlame
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Roland Garros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :bounce::bounce: :worship::worship: :D:D:D :bounce::bounce::bounce:

So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^ I just can't let the oppertunity to see justine on the clay again go to waste.

sakya23
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Stanford again!

Vanity Bonfire
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Wimbledon, hopefully. I haven't been since 06.

Jean-Henri
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:36 PM
If things go my way I might attend either Sydney or AO, combined with a job stay in Melbourne.

The thing that would worry me is that I'm allergic to strong light (direct sunrays), especially when I haven't got a base tan.
Flying in from Europe in January could simply burn off my skin if I don't take any precautions, not only arms and legs but also my face.
There is some medicine that helps (oldschool anti malaria, for some reason), but you don't want to take a lot of that.

Perhaps also some days at RG or Eastbourne, depending on my work (I work part time in the UK).

Russianboy
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM
stuttgart and maybe some in the states since i'll be there in summer.

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I'm going to go to Toronto(although it's ATP this year), and I hope to get to the US Open for a few days...

Emiel Goelen
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
some challengers probably

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM
French Open again!!

and if my exam schedule allows it, I would really really like to try get in a Wimbledon!!

and if Kim plays Luxemburg, and I don't get to see her play in Paris, I'd like to go there once!

Kipling
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm surprised more people from the forum don't come to Miami. The weather's perfect, it's got a ton of attractions outside of the tennis, is very cosmopolitan and the various nationalities really go all out in supporting "their" players. I remember the Serbs stomping their feet on the bleachers for JJ a couple years ago, and the Slovaks went crazy for "Domi!" And of course the Williamses have a huge fan base there. And the Latin players have huge followings there.

Seriously, if you've ever considered going, it's a blast.

Dodoboy.
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Wimbledon :D

Havok
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Rogers Cup, crossing my fingers that Dokic will be playing! Will be my first time seeing her live.:hearts:

Would love to travel and visit other tournaments, especially the US Open but don't have the money being a full time student/part-time worker so ..... :shrug::(

Elegante
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I'm surprised more people from the forum don't come to Miami. The weather's perfect, it's got a ton of attractions outside of the tennis, is very cosmopolitan and the various nationalities really go all out in supporting "their" players. I remember the Serbs stomping their feet on the bleachers for JJ a couple years ago, and the Slovaks went crazy for "Domi!" And of course the Williamses have a huge fan base there. And the Latin players have huge followings there.

Seriously, if you've ever considered going, it's a blast.

Cannot afford it but I feel the energy on TV

Noctis
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Wimbledon,Birmingham,Eastbourne,Maybe even RG
Definitely USO I have 5 months off From May to October :hearts:

iGOAT
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:40 PM
New Haven and US Open ;) I had tickets to New Haven but couldn't go because of the hurricane, but I did go to the Open :).

Caipirinha Guy
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:47 PM
ATP Challenger Wrocław
Fed Cup Poland vs Belgium
Davis Cup Poland vs Finland
ATP 250 Warsaw
ATP Challenger Bytom
ATP Challenger Poznań
ATP Challenger Szczecin

From international WTA Portoroz and ATP Umag. Maybe some grass event in UK.

Hugh.
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Wimbledon and Brum.

No RG for me this year :sad:

Josh.
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Probably just Brisbane this year. But hopefully the Brisbane/Australian Open combo in 2011.

Elisse
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Well, my schedule always depends on dates, commitment lists and money :help:

I'd love to do all the same tournaments as this year...and hopefully another one or two more.

My Schedule (hopefully)

Dubai or Kuala Lumpur
Madrid
Roland Garros
Eastbourne
Wimbledon (also possibly Wimby Qualies)
ITF Athens
ITF Poitiers
(Would love..but not sure) Asian Games 2010

:hearts:

n1ko0
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:15 PM
am attending the london atp master in a couple weeks :D yay! but thats atp lol

as far as next year goes only wimbledon is on my mind, i usually go and always love it

Igor_Biscan
Nov 9th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Wimbledon

Possibly sydney