PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters expresses support for Wickmayer

Morning Morgan
Nov 8th, 2009, 04:54 PM
http://twitter.com/clijsterskim
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/6521446/Kim-Clijsters-slams-drug-bans-imposed-on-Xavier-Malisse-and-Yanina-Wickmayer.html

Hi everyone, I feel I have to write about this. Its very unfortunate what’s happened to Yanina and Xavier this week. While they may not have followed correct administration, they did not register a positive doping offense either. To receive a one year ban because of this seems extremely harsh and is potentially career-ending for both of them. I hope the authorities and athletes can work together on finding better solutions to keep our sports clean.

Good for you Clijsters! :bounce: and why aren't more players speaking out about this?!

clonesheep
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Clijsters = hypocrite

Jane Lane
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Why is she a hypocrite?

Well said Kim.

Optima
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:40 PM
:inlove:

Chrissie-fan
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Why is she a hypocrite?
Don't ask. It only encourages them. ;)

Jane Lane
Nov 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I hope I haven't ignited the trolls...I have a habit for inadvertantly doing that...:lol:

But I'm serious...they follow me.

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Good for you Clijsters! :bounce: and why aren't more players speaking out about this?!

cos no one gives a shit?

cellophane
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
^
Your signature says it all :lol:

M&M
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM
:yeah:

youizahoe
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:26 PM
:inlove:

ayumi :hearts:

Craig.
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:36 PM
http://twitter.com/clijsterskim
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/6521446/Kim-Clijsters-slams-drug-bans-imposed-on-Xavier-Malisse-and-Yanina-Wickmayer.html

Hi everyone, I feel I have to write about this. Its very unfortunate what’s happened to Yanina and Xavier this week. While they may not have followed correct administration, they did not register a positive doping offense either. To receive a one year ban because of this seems extremely harsh and is potentially career-ending for both of them. I hope the authorities and athletes can work together on finding better solutions to keep our sports clean.

Cuz it's Wickmayer.

Martian Jeza
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Clijsters is 'till now the only player who talk about this. Was one of the few who defended Martina Hingis. But hey, 1 year is way too much.

tennisforadults
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:57 PM

Because most people prefer to live their own lives quietly and stay away from controversy. I think it's great that Kim decides to publicly express her personal opinion - she must think it's important enough to do so.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 8th, 2009, 11:02 PM
can wickmayer sue?

moby
Nov 8th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Kim is the only big name who's affected by the practices of the Flemish doping tribunals, duh.

Chrissie-fan
Nov 8th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Clijsters is 'till now the only player who talk about this. Was one of the few who defended Martina Hingis. But hey, 1 year is way too much.
One day is way too much.

tobe
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:39 AM
way to go Kim! Love her:worship:

pascal77
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Kim is such a nice girl,she deserves more slams.

Sam L
Nov 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Kim is such a nice girl,she deserves more slams.

She doesn't deserve more slams just for being "nice". :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Why is she a hypocrite?

Maybe because she stayed quiet when her father accused Henin of taking drugs and now she supports a player who has actually violated anti-doping rules?

tennisforadults
Nov 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Maybe because she stayed quiet when her father accused Henin of taking drugs and now she supports a player who has actually violated anti-doping rules?

Not sure what the relevance of the story with Henin is. I don't expect Kim to publicly speak against her father, even if she didn't agree. She's showing support for Wickmayer, obviously because she thinks she's innocent. And the so-called 'violation' is not even close to refusing a drug test.

HowardH
Nov 10th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I'm pleased that Kim as always has shown her class by speaking out in support of Yanina. Neither Yanina nor Xavier as far as I can tell should receive a ban. The authorities and the athletes do indeed need to work together to find better solutions to keep the sport clean. And these days, no tennis player actually refuses a drug test. Basically they arrive unannounced and if you aren't there, that's a missed test.

Lindsayfan32
Nov 11th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Clijsters = hypocrite

I totally agree with Kim. While they didn't follow the rules to the letter. It's not like they returned a positive drug test. All their tests have come back negitive for both of them. Give them a fine or something like that and let's move on.

The rule is dumb and should be done away with anyway. What's knowing where a player is at all times going to prove. They could disclose where they are and still do illegal or proformace enchancing drugs.

HRHoliviasmith
Nov 11th, 2009, 03:37 AM
I'm pleased that Kim as always has shown her class by speaking out in support of Yanina. Neither Yanina nor Xavier as far as I can tell should receive a ban. The authorities and the athletes do indeed need to work together to find better solutions to keep the sport clean. And these days, no tennis player actually refuses a drug test. Basically they arrive unannounced and if you aren't there, that's a missed test.

that is so intrusive and disrespectful. what if they're having sex? stop to answer the damn door? that's crazy. :o