PDA

View Full Version : Which YEC More Embarass WTA, Doha or Bali ???

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
LOL look at the 2 YEC that end first year of WTA roadmap

Doha YEC hilights
* Empty stand whole tournament
* JJ qualifies for tournament when her rivals Pennetta and Zvonareva lose easy in Moscow ... once she learns she qualify, she tanks to Klebanova :bigclap:
* WTA #1 Safina withdraw after playing 2 games :tape:
* Alternate Zvonareva withdraw after 1 match :mad:
* Alternate Radwanska needs to replace another alternate :help:
* Rising Star Azarenka chokes bigtime against Radwanska, then retire :rolleyes:
* Rising Star Wozniacki spins around before collapse to ground, bribes friend Radwanska to defeat other friend Azarenka so she could advance to SF, then retires in SF. whole Wozniacki family seen in stands with dollar signs in eyes :rolleyes:
* Defending champ Venus advances to SF despite only winning one match in RR :tape:
* JJ qualifies for SF by getting gift from Safina, beating wheelchair Wozniacki, despite being embarass by Azarenka
* Dementieva and Kuznetsova play horrible in YEC again
* Venus and Serena play final with bandage on their legs

Bali MM YEC hilights
* Crowds OK but not great
* Tournament not on TV
* Tournament negative publicity starts early with possible denial of visa for Peer
* Qualified player Zvonareva declines to arrive
* Qualified player Pennetta cannot play due to Fed Cup
* Clijsters, who already show she does not want travel Asia when she reject Beijing WC, tank Luxembourg in order not qualify
* Tournament tries to give WC to blonde girl Sharapova who say she would only play if Bali agree her "conditions"
* Tournament tries to give WC to blonde girl Hantuchova who rejects it
* Tournament tries to give WC to blonde girl Schnyder who rejects it
* Tournament need to rush to find replacement WC
* USO SF Wickmayer forced out of tournament by Belgium, making negative headline around world :tape:
* WTA CEO Stacey says nothing about Wickmayer in press conference
* Stosur talks big mouth saying she wants top 10 but then cannot beat Jose :help:
* 39 year old makes SF despite only win one match in RR :cool:
* Final, last match of WTA in 2009, ends with retirement :tape:

LOL with season end tournament like this looks like Stacey has alot to do in order to convince Sony Ericson to renew or find new sponsor :bolt:

congrats to Serena and Aravene for taking advantage of these opportunity

and congrats to TF because we find out during Doha that Wozniacki and Azarenka read here :spit:

ClaudiaZ-S
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Doha

Golovinjured.
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Bali wasn't as bad as I thought. A lively crowd, interesting court, and less retirements made for a better tournament. Shame about Wickmayer though, but that didn't ruin the tournament.

Doha was fail.

Roookie
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:36 AM
where's the "both" option?

AnomyBC
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Some Bali highlights you forgot:

Sharapova offered a wild card but would only accept it with "conditions"
Pennetta qualifies but is unable to play because of Fed Cup
Clijsters purposely loses in Luxembourg to avoid qualifying
Tournament not broadcast on television :help:

Caralenko
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Bali was good in comparison. It wasn't embarassing sans injuries, which was more for the roadmap concept.

* Qualified player Zvonareva declines to arrive

She was an alternate for Doha, she couldn't play.

Wojtek
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Both events sucks.

SELVEN
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:50 AM

this is the most one :o

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:53 AM

:rolls: I add them :wavey:

duhcity
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Doha audience wasn't that bad. If that's your definition for bad, then Madrid, Indian Wells, and even the French Open must have been painful for you

Bronx19
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM
No question, Doha.

Ferg
Nov 8th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I fail to see how Bali was an embarrasment.

Spouting shit again. I bet if a golden flower was in either you'd be "Which YEC More AMAZE WTA, Doha or Bali ??? golden flower amaze"

Julian.
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Doha.

Bali was a fun and nice tournament. The atmosphere and crowd was exciting.

and btw, Bali is on TV. It was broadcast at starsports. The problem is no livestream during RR rounds, not the TV.

Beijing is even more embarrassing than both Doha and Bali. No hawkeye :spit::haha:

TS
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Neither.

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Beijing is even more embarrassing than both Doha and Bali. No hawkeye :spit::haha:

Beijing was :hearts: :wavey:

WhoAmI?
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
* Rising Star Wozniacki spins around before collapse to ground, bribes friend Radwanska to defeat other friend Azarenka so she could advance to SF, then retires in SF. whole Wozniacki family seen in stands with dollar signs in eyes :rolleyes:

Just a thought: you can't bribe someone to win, you can bribe them to lose. At least not in this case. Radwanska isn't so much better than Azarenka to decide *today I lose to her, tomorrow I'll beat her*.

Answering your question: Doha for the reason so many players were/got injured.

Zojirushi
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Doha!! so many injuries and the atmosphere was:help:

Bali - nice crowd, the only bad thing is lack of coverage of the RR matches

Caralenko
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Beijing did have Hawkeye. :) Tokyo PPO did not.

nevetssllim
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Where's the neither option? :rolleyes:

And Schnyder declined a WC because she's having an operation on her hamstring. Why does that reflect negatively on the Bali event? :tape:

Oh, and Clijsters didn't tank in Luxembourg :wavey:

Julian.
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Beijing did have Hawkeye. :) Tokyo PPO did not.

Are you sure? Because I remember the commentator in Bali just said that Beijing doesn't have a hawk eye and it was a shame for a premier mandatory event. I remember Tokyo had it or do I remember wrongly? :unsure:

Caralenko
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Are you sure? Because I remember the commentator in Bali just said that Beijing doesn't have a hawk eye and it was a shame for a premier 5 event. I remember Tokyo had it or do I remember wrongly? :unsure:

:lol: Tokyo is a Premier 5. Beijing is a Premier Mandatory. Wrong one.

Julian.
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
:lol: Tokyo is a Premier 5. Beijing is a Premier Mandatory. Wrong one.

No :sobbing: I meant the commentator said premier mandatory. He was talking about Beijing.

Caralenko
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
No :sobbing: I meant the commentator said premier mandatory. He was talking about Beijing.

Oh :spit: Well I specifically remember horrible line calls in Tokyo for the lack of hawkeye. I was fairly certain Beijing had it, didn't Serena make a challenge on MP down against Petrova in the TB? They had to replay the point.

Julian.
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Oh :spit: Well I specifically remember horrible line calls in Tokyo for the lack of hawkeye. I was fairly certain Beijing had it, didn't Serena make a call on MP against Petrova in the TB?

I don't know :lol:

I think both of them don't have hawkeye. At least not all the courts. I remember hawkeye problems from Beijing too :lol:

olivero
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM
"Which Poster More Embarass WTAWORLD, NA-GOAT Or NA-GOAT ???"

Привет
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Team the quality and prestige of Doha with the crowd numbers and enthusiasm of Bali and you have a pretty good YEC.

I don't think either tournament really embarassed the WTA though.

Julian.
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Team the quality and prestige of Doha with the crowd numbers and enthusiasm of Bali and you have a pretty good YEC.

I don't think either tournament really embarassed the WTA though.

Solution: Move the YEC from Doha to Bali :lol:

RagingBull99
Nov 8th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Doha is the bigger event, so it was the bigger embarassment.
There was even an article in a big german newspaper, what a joke this year's YEC was. I stopped watching after Azarenka's retirement.

Azarenka, Safina, Zvonareva, Wozniacki. 4 out of 10 players retired. Ridiculous.
The post US-Open Season was a complete joke, climaxing in Wozniacki's Luxemburg appearance.
The WTA and the players always want more money, but who is supposed to pay for this?

Maybe they should stop paying prize money to players who retire and enforce a mandatory 2 week rest after a retirement.

"2009 - The year of the thigh strap"

Привет
Nov 8th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Solution: Move the YEC from Doha to Bali :lol:

Or any other city apart from Doha, preferably one that will actually give two hoots about the event. :shrug::lol:

Mistress of Evil
Nov 8th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Both.

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Earning 600 points for defeating Lisicki, Czink and MJMS and winning a set against Bartoli is embarassing.

rockstar
Nov 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Earning 600 points for defeating Lisicki, Czink and MJMS and winning a set against Bartoli is embarassing.

wow i didnt realise her opponents were that weak. tier 3's have been stronger :tape:

Julian.
Nov 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
wow i didnt realise her opponents were that weak. tier 3's have been stronger :tape:

Tier 3 is stronger? They are all international event winners. :lol: 2 of them even won premier event!

Koon
Nov 8th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Doha :tape:

Give Rezai a break guys ! She deserves it :yeah:

cn ireland
Nov 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Bali because it was a non-event where nobody really cared who won or lost!

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Neither!

Uranus
Nov 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Doha was much more of an embarrassment.

It was unfortunate Bartoli injured herself in Bali final, and that Wickmayer was forced out by Flemish authorities, but the whole thing ended up being pretty good.

JackFrost
Nov 8th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Doha was the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen. Next year the YEC is a wheelchair tennis tournament.
Im sick of all that crying disabled players and lucky devils who get into the semis and finals just because all other opponents are droped dead on court.

brickhousesupporter
Nov 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Conditons? What conditions and where did we hear about this?

Keegan
Nov 8th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Doha was an epic fail. They shouldn't be moving such a big tournament to a place where no one cares about tennis. Istanbul doesn't sound too good either.
Bali, I thought, was quite a success and I look forward to the next Bali tournament :).

Sombrerero loco
Nov 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM
bali...rezai won?what?

The Dawntreader
Nov 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Moving the YEC to Doha was a huge error IMO.

The worst thing was that the WTA are in constant denial about the completely hyperbolic advertising. Compared to NYC, LA and Madrid, this was just nowhere near the 'spectacle' we were so promised.

I enjoyed the second set of the final though, so some reprieve at least.

Julian.
Nov 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
bali...rezai won?what?

You should've seen play the whole week before commenting :o

Break My Rapture
Nov 8th, 2009, 03:44 PM
What a question. :rolleyes:

danieln1
Nov 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Bali was fine, except the final...

Doha was shit, but there were some dramatic matches there...

Renalicious
Nov 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Na-Goat. :bowdown:

Matt01
Nov 8th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Doha because I don't even consider Bali to be a real tournament.

Jane Lane
Nov 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Two things are embarassing this year for the WTA:
1. The Roadmap enitirely.
2. 'Golden Flowers'...actually winning matches....

Juju Nostalgique
Nov 8th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Most retarded thread of the year!!! :weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo:

And BTW who the f!ck is "Jose"??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BlameSerena
Nov 8th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think either were overly embarrassing, but if I had to choose I'd say Doha because more people see it (well I'm assuming more people see it) and it is more prestigious in comparison to Bali, therefore, it should be held to a higher standard. However, what really saved Doha for me was the #1 player winning.

That being said, players can't help the fact that they get injured :shrug:. It's the nature of the beast.

SAISAI-GOAT
Nov 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Two things are embarassing this year for the WTA:
1. The Roadmap enitirely.
2. 'Golden Flowers'...actually winning matches....

the only Golden Flower victory that embarass WTA was when Shuai Zhang (out of top 200) defeated WTA #1 Safina :nerner:

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 8th, 2009, 09:54 PM
the only Golden Flower victory that embarass WTA was when Shuai Zhang (out of top 200) defeated WTA #1 Safina :nerner:

No more SEWTA?
Piercy, you are losing your grip :sad:

Dani12
Nov 8th, 2009, 11:15 PM
You just made up stupid reasons after a while. Stosur wanting to be in the top ten is weird why? I think everyone wants to be in the top 10. Martinez Sanchez had to play insanely good tennis to beat her and apparently the best match of Bali.

The tennis at Bali was good, the crowd were good and they were intrenched in the matches. This tournament wasn't embarassing at all, and Wickmayer being suspended isn't an embarassment as it didn't have anything to do with Bali. It isn't their fault.

sammy01
Nov 8th, 2009, 11:58 PM
both sucked. doha was the worst though, i mean that was the highlight of the WTA (slams are itf) how can you defend 4 retirements, venus being RU witha negative win/loss ratio, jj making the semis by being on court and able to stand.

just utterly pathetic and doha is a horrible place for it, outdoors as well.

Jacob#1
Nov 9th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Doha was clearly a nightmare.

Bali went down because "the get ripped" ad-site shut down Wickmayers Window's XP. oooo

Stevecw
Nov 9th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Doha of course. So many injuries, such small crowds...was a total disaster.

Bali worked out ok.