PDA

View Full Version : Bali SF: [10]Aravane Rezai def. [6]Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez 6-2, 6-3

Julian.
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Aravane!!! :eek::worship:

I just saw her play and no wonder she is in the final! She just overpowered MJMS. Hitting winners anywhere from the court. Low UEs as well.

Btw, I love the Indonesian crowd here. The atmosphere is better than Doha.

Ferg
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Wow. She smacked her off court, massive hitting.

And yeah, Bali is definitly better then Doha.

Libertango
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:33 AM
All French final!

So Disrespectful
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Amazing and powerful display by Aravane, MJMS literally couldn't trade with her.

Kipling
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Aw, ya took my thunder.

Aravane was amazing. She smacked winners from everywhere, including a ripping one at 0-30 to give her 3 MPs and then a blistering backhander to win it. She was awesome! Never dropped serve. Totally dominant! One more performance like that please! Take this title, Aravane! I hope both finalists play well!

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Iceland
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Agreed, agreed and agreed! Bali's atmosphere is very intimate, people seem to have fun!
Great hitting by Aravane with accurate passing shots too. This surface is perfect for her and Marion, all the balls lands at the perfect height for them to go for their shots. Maria-Jose was completely clueless.

The final I wanted, thanks girls :D

svetaisthebest
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Well Done Aravane! now win the final please:p

Adrian1092
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Amazing play from Aravane :worship: Strange cos she had been playing badly in the last couple of weeks! I hope they have a good final :woohoo:

wally1
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Well done to Rezai, totally overpowered Sanchez from the baseline who couldn't get her timing and was hitting way too short, allowing Rezai to tee off at will.

But Sanchez has such a beatiful net game to watch :hearts: Such a great contrast from the constant baseline play of 99% of the men and women players. Reminds me of how I first got into watching the great game of tennis.

Nice to see a quick court also. Women's tennis is far better when played on a fast court.

ce
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:50 AM
:inlove:
beat Marion

The Untouchable
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Maria totally played in Aravane's cards and is a naturally good matchup for her with the top spin she plays.Still well done from Aravane, and a great year for MJMS. :hug:

delicatecutter
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Caravan!! :hearts: So excite!!!!!!

Sexysova
Nov 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
great for Aravane, has some good form for sure :yeah:

améliemomo
Nov 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
yeah aravane!:bounce::hearts::hearts:

congrats!perhaps one of her best win of the year with the one against safina.
Go girl win it all now,beat bartoli please!

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Aravane!!!:kiss: Take the title!;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Aravane!!! :eek::worship:

I just saw her play and no wonder she is in the final! She just overpowered MJMS. Hitting winners anywhere from the court. Low UEs as well.

Btw, I love the Indonesian crowd here. The atmosphere is better than Doha.

Mario...glad u enjoy Bali...it is one of my favorite places in Indonesia...:cool: as well as in the world!

mckyle.
Nov 7th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Second to last direct entry makes the final! Love it when stuff like that happens :cool:

Ceze
Nov 7th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Congrats Aravane :D

ElusiveChanteuse
Nov 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
MJMS :( :hug:
Go Rezai! Win Bali!
:p

Paris75
Nov 7th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Just wonderful!!:bigclap:

I must confess I didn't really hope anything right before the tournament as regards Aravane's few past performances.
Therefore unexpected as it is, I'm so Happy !! So many points won, an opportunity to win a great title.
Though, I couldn't see the match since I was at work, so I don't know if you guys could see the match, (I hope so ;)) And if anyone has recorded the match, I would be so grateful if he could upload it (or some highlights, whatever!) :D

Now Aravane is so confident, I'm glad she meet another French girl, they really can't stand each other, this will be funny to watch!

Come on Aravane, let's the deam continue ! I'm so excited !:crazy:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 7th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Aravane ;) :woohoo: :hearts:
good luck in final :D

top 30 now :D

Uranus
Nov 7th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Expected, it seems like MJMS often has a tough time with hard-hitters.

Stevecw
Nov 7th, 2009, 12:58 PM
:woohoo:
So delighted for Aravane! :bounce:

Didn't get to see it, but sounds like a really dominant performance.

Hope it can continue for tomorrow. Take this title :)

C.MARTINEZ
Nov 7th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Expected, it seems like MJMS often has a tough time with hard-hitters.

Today Aravane played like a number one!!! hitting winners everytime and without unforced errors. Maria José couldn´t stop her, moreover she didn´t play well, she was weary-minded.....

So MJMS deserves being on holidays!!! congrats for you season!!

Em_Seeker
Nov 7th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Today Aravane played like a number one!!! hitting winners everytime and without unforced errors. Maria José couldn´t stop her, moreover she didn´t play well, she was weary-minded.....

yeah right! she plays well.. i think it will be a good match tom:)

Dani12
Nov 7th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Wow. wow. wow. Amazing from Aravane!

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Aravane :eek: Was hoping for an upset, but not a scoreline like this.

I also hope we will get to see some highlights of this. When on, Rezai is so amazing to watch :hearts: Reminds me a bit of KLina in her peak ;)

Lulu.
Nov 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Aravane. :D

Good luck in the Final!

drake3781
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:00 PM
If Aravane wins the whole thing, I would be happy. Is she in the final for sure, and who will she face?

Kipling
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM
If Aravane wins the whole thing, I would be happy. Is she in the final for sure, and who will she face?

Yes, she is in the final, against Marion Bartoli. Today's matches were the semifinals.

drake3781
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Aw, ya took my thunder.

Aravane was amazing. She smacked winners from everywhere, including a ripping one at 0-30 to give her 3 MPs and then a blistering backhander to win it. She was awesome! Never dropped serve. Totally dominant! One more performance like that please! Take this title, Aravane! I hope both finalists play well!

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Well done to Rezai, totally overpowered Sanchez from the baseline who couldn't get her timing and was hitting way too short, allowing Rezai to tee off at will.

But Sanchez has such a beatiful net game to watch :hearts: Such a great contrast from the constant baseline play of 99% of the men and women players. Reminds me of how I first got into watching the great game of tennis.

Nice to see a quick court also. Women's tennis is far better when played on a fast court.

Where do you all see this match? What about the Final?

CooCooCachoo
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Aravane :worship:

Julian.
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Where do you all see this match? What about the Final?

Fromsport, bet365, etc all showing the livestream since SF. Tomorrow's final too.

Havok
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Congrats Aravane! Please win the final tomorrow.:D

Kipling
Nov 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Fromsport, bet365, etc all showing the livestream since SF. Tomorrow's final too.

Also Dos Santos posted the match in the Aravane videos thread in her player forum.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 7th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Also Dos Santos posted the match in the Aravane videos thread in her player forum.
I'm not a member on torrents.ru and it's not letting me register :crying2: Is there any way someone can download the torrent, then upload it to Megaupload or something?

Congrats Aravane, fantastic week :hearts: ALLEZ in the final! Just go for it...

drake3781
Nov 7th, 2009, 09:28 PM

Thx but I don't think USA people can watch these. :sad:

Good but not the same as live. ;)

Paris75
Nov 11th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Here are the highlights of Aravane vs MMJS Semifinal Bali :)

iLhW8wmMPaw

Elegante
Nov 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
sad Pepa try hard again the next play